Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 11 2023 04:37am
Quote (rinka @ Mar 21 2023 01:04pm)
in 5 more years everyone will have a bot for d2r

Lol. Thisssss
Gold: 18,718.20
May 11 2023 09:10am
Quote (CracknpopsD2R @ May 11 2023 06:37am)
Lol. Thisssss

do you have a bot ?
Gold: 958.81
May 11 2023 07:40pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 7 2023 02:05am)
We all know from the pfp... you sitting down at some sleepy saloon and chugging mana pots, the real life druid in the flesh

but you an 07 so now you washed up.. just an old and flabby druid, depressed as hell that's why you go online to release your pent up rage onto others, loser 4 life club

You keep rejecting my application to this club you're in.

:angry:
Gold: 1,804.12
May 11 2023 08:04pm
Quote (Shoresy @ May 11 2023 09:40pm)
thank you for helping update my pfp

Gold: 200.00
May 11 2023 09:58pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 11 2023 10:04pm)

how dare you put that shirt on Shoresy....

This post was edited by Igothacked19 on May 11 2023 09:59pm
Gold: 7,263.87
May 12 2023 12:32am
Quote (Leul @ 21 Mar 2023 19:00)
This thread will probably go on for sometime.

We saw it happen with D3 and D4 appears hardly any different. Within 5 years the majority of the D4 player base will go back to D2R.

D2R is near perfect and with continued updates it will remain the champion of the series.

Prove me wrong.

I can prove you wrong right now.

First off neither D2 neither D3 had ongoing monetization. Except the RMAH fees at the launch of D3 which was big and they provided updates. However the moment they forced to close the RMAH - entire D3 continuous monetization was gone. Therefore they Bound everything and let the game be played by the small amount of people who still enjoy killing sht in the same Rift without trading or else social interaction and compete with leaderboards.

Diablo 2 also - No monetization. It got it's expansion out, and the majority of the company was probably working on World of Warcraft. They also had a lot of other popular titles that required attention - Warcraft, Starcraft etc. And the moment World of Warcraft released it was so successful and demanding that they literally neglected all the other titles to support the WoW running.

D2R the same as original D2 has no monetization outside of "Reselling game copies to Botters". So in D2R there always going to be BOTS, because there needs to be Ongoing reason for them to BAN you and so you can come back purchase another D2R Copy of the game. I am not saying the game is bad - but all the bots destroy the whole game and makes it very little fun for people who want to play in a community not just Single-player.

Diablo 4... Well :
D4 will have monetization. MTX for skins etc. Battle pass. I am not a fan of Battle passes in general because they are just boring ... Just let me fking choose how to play the game myself man... what is this do this, get this, do this now, get this... Like what? Why do we have to play the way that someone WANTED us to play. I just wanna login and do whatever my mind comes up with.
However that being said D4 will have ongoing monetization. Hopefully the "bot" issue is going to handled ( since in D2 and D2R they have no reason to remove bots outside of letting them again if they $20 for new copy or so ).
I do believe that if the grand scheme of things if the negative impact of "Bots" do hurt their earnings from MTX and Battle Passes they will actively try to combat it efficiently.
Before someone tells me here that if they couldn't deal with Bots in D2 and D2R - Well guess what.... They have no gains to completely remove the bots since the re-purchasing of the game copy due to Botting is their ONLY income from both these titles.

At the end Diablo 4 will be better maintained and supported by staff.

P.S. : Well we all know why D2R was implemented to begin with. It all comes down to try to redeem themselves from the negative public relations after the BlizzCon which they said "you don't have phones? " - "Any plans for Diablo 2 remaster : No. We are here to announce Diablo Immortal.. we don't even have plans to make it suitable for PC...."
And then the rage began so they had to do something to salvage their community acceptance before the well-known upcoming Diablo Immortal release as well as Diablo 4 release. It's all connected. Whether a fan is D2 fan or D1 fan or D3 fan they are all DIABLO FANS.

This post was edited by bobsyns on May 12 2023 12:36am
Gold: 44.50
May 12 2023 07:02am
Quote (Leul @ Mar 21 2023 12:00pm)
This thread will probably go on for sometime.

We saw it happen with D3 and D4 appears hardly any different. Within 5 years the majority of the D4 player base will go back to D2R.

D2R is near perfect and with continued updates it will remain the champion of the series.

Prove me wrong.

Nah, I'll either be playing D4 or not at all... D2 is beyond played out and have no reason to play it any further, it got like 10-12 years and that was too long. PVP? Lol. Endgame? Lol.

This post was edited by mrholiday on May 12 2023 07:12am
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2023 07:27am
Quote (mrholiday @ 12 May 2023 15:02)
Nah, I'll either be playing D4 or not at all... D2 is beyond played out and have no reason to play it any further, it got like 10-12 years and that's it. PVP? Lol. Endgame? Lol.

PD2 been refreshing with all the changes, wish there been possibility for private servers for D2R, just to see what they would come up with.

Even current offline D2R mods like ReMoDDeD, did implemented some features which been completely new touch, like Soul Summons quoted below

Soul Summons are a new feature added in Alpha, patch 0.9.8 FE - it allows the player to summon a class of their choosing to participate alongside them on their adventure. As the player progresses their summons become stronger and they'll be able to summon additional classes, eventually culminating to having all 7 of them summoned at once.

Upon killing Nightmare Baal and all the Hell Primevils you may possibly receive Soul Shards. These are a currency to craft and upgrade your Soul Summons. Each class can be upgraded 9 times to reach tier 10 and you can have all 7 classes. This requires a lot of Soul Shards. They are not plentiful and the drop rate is fairly low. This is meant to be a long term investment rather than something you can grind over the weekend.

Amazon:

Offensive: Multiple Shot, Freezing Arrow, Exploding Arrow
Utility/Passive: Inner Sight, Pierce

Assassin:

Offensive: Wake of Fire, DragonFlight, Cobra Strike
Utility/Passive: Burst of Speed, Blade Shield

Barbarian:

Offensive: Whirlwind, Ground Render
Utility/Passive: Leap, Shout, Battle Tested

Druid:

Offensive: Hurricane, Landslide, Volcano
Utility/Passive: Cyclone Armor, Root Cause

Necromancer:

Offensive: Bone Spear, Poison Nova, Teeth
Utility/Passive: Bone Prison, Bone Armor

Paladin:

Offensive: Blessed Hammer, Shield Toss, Zeal
Utility/Passive: Holy Shield, Vigor

Sorceress:

Offensive: Frozen Orb, Fire Ball, Chain Lightning
Utility/Passive: Shiver Armor, Enchant

Upgrade Tiers:

Tier 1 - Normal Item Quality, Normal Item Rarity, +2 Skill Levels
Tier 2 - Normal Item Quality, Normal Item Rarity, +4 Skill Levels
Tier 3 - Normal Item Quality, Magic Item Rarity, +6 Skill Levels
Tier 4 - Exceptional Item Quality, Magic Item Rarity, +8 Skill Levels
Tier 5 - Exceptional Item Quality, Rare Item Rarity, +10 Skill Levels
Tier 6 - Exceptional Item Quality, Rare Item Rarity, +12 Skill Levels
Tier 7 - Elite Item Quality, Set Item Rarity, +14 Skill Levels
Tier 8 - Elite Item Quality, Set Item Rarity, +16 Skill Levels
Tier 9 - Elite Item Quality, Unique Item Rarity, +18 Skill Levels
Tier 10 - Elite Item Quality, Unique Item Rarity, +20 Skill Levels
Gold: 44.50
May 12 2023 08:12am
Quote (Unda @ May 12 2023 09:27am)
PD2 been refreshing with all the changes, wish there been possibility for private servers for D2R, just to see what they would come up with.

Even current offline D2R mods like ReMoDDeD, did implemented some features which been completely new touch, like Soul Summons quoted below

I just have no interest in the least in D2 or D2R... there are just too many better games for me to play.
Gold: 22,095.00
May 12 2023 09:21am
Quote (bobsyns @ May 12 2023 02:32am)
P.S. : Well we all know why D2R was implemented to begin with. It all comes down to try to redeem themselves from the negative public relations after the BlizzCon which they said "you don't have phones? " - "Any plans for Diablo 2 remaster : No. We are here to announce Diablo Immortal.. we don't even have plans to make it suitable for PC...."
And then the rage began so they had to do something to salvage their community acceptance before the well-known upcoming Diablo Immortal release as well as Diablo 4 release. It's all connected. Whether a fan is D2 fan or D1 fan or D3 fan they are all DIABLO FANS.

this is an assumption. i dont think that to be the case since immortal was finally ported over to pc, and more importantly blizzard had already started to remaster its games (starcraft/warcraft/wow) before the announcement of immortal.
it does not sound realistic to me that blizzard had intended to remaster its other ips, and only then decided to remaster d2 also because of the negative response from immortals announcement. given the timeline, its most probable that d2r was
already in development when the out of date april fools joke occured. red shirt guy is a legend, haha.

however, finally making immortal playable on pc could of been because of the rage/backlash.

This post was edited by C4NTWO on May 12 2023 09:35am
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1212223242541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll