d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D2r Vs D4
Prev1151617181941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,907.00
May 1 2023 05:27pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 1 2023 07:25pm)
Out of character? He was the biggest advocate against store bought mounts in WoW and he's since then said repeatedly "it was a slippy slope, I told you so".

It's kind of his brand to use his money to expose all micros now, so idk where you are getting this "180 on his opinion" thing from.

Idk what country you're from but in America it's illegal to endorse something and not disclose that you're a sponsor, check the FTC guidelines.

Asmongold is already a multi-millionaire with his own Org even, why would he risk it?

The same way it's illegal to bribe politicians but instead we have what's called lobbying? Yeah ok. There are several ways to get around that. Gifts are a good example. Not actually paying someone but having them or their family receive gifts instead. The gift could potentially be in the future in the form of a cushy job, just one example.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 1 2023 05:33pm
Gold: 1,100.00
May 1 2023 05:28pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 1 2023 04:27pm)
The same way it's illegal to bribe politicians but instead we have what's called lobbying? Yeah ok. There are several ways to get around that.

But what did you see that makes you think he 180'd his microtransaction stance? He's always been heavily against it.
Gold: 5,907.00
May 1 2023 05:30pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 1 2023 07:28pm)
But what did you see that makes you think he 180'd his microtransaction stance? He's always been heavily against it.

As far as his personal opinion I'm guessing he's against it. My point is he's become rather quiet on the topic lately. There's far less dissent in his vids regarding D4. It seems like he's agreeable with current blizz. It just sounds like someone who is being more careful and guarded about what they say so close to launch.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 1 2023 05:32pm
May 1 2023 05:38pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 1 2023 04:30pm)
As far as his personal opinion I'm guessing he's against it. My point is he's become rather quiet on the topic lately. There's far less dissent in his vids regarding D4.

Trust me he's going to create a massive shitstorm if there's any sort of P2W micros in D4.

He sees 1 piece of exp potion in the paid version of the BP and he'll make llama's font rant look like a Joe Biden speech.
May 1 2023 05:41pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 1 2023 04:30pm)
It seems like he's agreeable with current blizz. It just sounds like someone who is being more careful and guarded about what they say so close to launch.

Recently he's not agreeable with current Blizz, current Blizz has been agreeable with us regarding the post beta changes, it's the other way around.

How you gonna trash talk someone who gives you everything you ask for? They even gave little llama his font LOL

This post was edited by Crossed on May 1 2023 05:42pm
Gold: 291.00
May 1 2023 05:59pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 1 2023 04:01pm)
That's funny because I happened to see some of that video myself earlier today. Asmon really sounded like he was doing some sort of paid promotion, like totally unnatural for his character. If you go back and look at his videos he was skeptical about games filling up with micros and then did a complete 180 on his opinion. Not trying to say he's a sellout, but yeah he's a sellout. His opinion doesn't mean anything anymore. In general streamers can't really be trusted because there are hidden endorsements for new games. The biggest method of advertising now that only boomers watch cable tv, is streamers themselves. They also want to use it as an avenue of future content so real opinions are difficult to come by. They're too worried about backlash from developers and being put on a list of content creators that don't get early access to things for review.

He's the same guy who criticizes wow every patch, yet buys every expansion. He has no conviction in his own words.

Everytime I criticized their content or predatory micros I stopped paying for expansions or the follow-up purchase. People don't have the willpower to stay away from their addictions though. It's a shame that people condoning bad design due to addiction is going to lead to a future of garbage gacha mobile games. R* makes more money from it's gacha games now than GTA5.

i don't watch him that much. just seen snippets from his stream every now and then. my buddy on discord who has been watching him for years told me about him. i've also seen his personal videos on his youtube channel. that dude is levelheaded and has a great head on his shoulders. r

from his wow vids, it seems like he criticizes them a lot and isn't in fear of being cancelled or could careless. if i had to guess he just buys the expansion stuff to ride the train and do stuff with his viewers. i just don't know if he's an all talk no action kind of guy, doesn't seem like it but i'll watch out for that, ty

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on May 1 2023 05:59pm
May 1 2023 11:48pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 1 2023 04:59pm)
i don't watch him that much. just seen snippets from his stream every now and then. my buddy on discord who has been watching him for years told me about him. i've also seen his personal videos on his youtube channel. that dude is levelheaded and has a great head on his shoulders. r

from his wow vids, it seems like he criticizes them a lot and isn't in fear of being cancelled or could careless. if i had to guess he just buys the expansion stuff to ride the train and do stuff with his viewers. i just don't know if he's an all talk no action kind of guy, doesn't seem like it but i'll watch out for that, ty

You can ask your friend I think all long time Asmon viewers know his 2 main brands are authenticity and relateability. This guy doesn't like Asmon because he'll play the new games when he said how bad the previous games are but when he plays the new stuff he ends up shit talking those too if they are bad.

It's like being mad at a journalist traveling to North Korea cuz they're giving North Korea tourism money but in reality they are exposing the county and showing the world exactly how much North Korea sucks. Don't take my word for it, look how much it fucking sucks, I'm logging 1000s of hours in retail WoW and trying all expansions so you don't have to, this shit sucks, this is why, here's my hours and achievements to prove it. That's basically what Asmon is all about, a hardcore degenerate journalist who makes mad bank through YouTube regardless of he's saying a game is good or not, in fact he probably gets more views on the videos he's shit talking games vs praising them.
Gold: 958.81
May 2 2023 01:46am
Quote (Crossed @ May 1 2023 10:48pm)
You can ask your friend I think all long time Asmon viewers know his 2 main brands are authenticity and relateability. This guy doesn't like Asmon because he'll play the new games when he said how bad the previous games are but when he plays the new stuff he ends up shit talking those too if they are bad.

It's like being mad at a journalist traveling to North Korea cuz they're giving North Korea tourism money but in reality they are exposing the county and showing the world exactly how much North Korea sucks. Don't take my word for it, look how much it fucking sucks, I'm logging 1000s of hours in retail WoW and trying all expansions so you don't have to, this shit sucks, this is why, here's my hours and achievements to prove it. That's basically what Asmon is all about, a hardcore degenerate journalist who makes mad bank through YouTube regardless of he's saying a game is good or not, in fact he probably gets more views on the videos he's shit talking games vs praising them.

Taking these two idiots seriously is a waste of your time.

They spend all day crying on the D4 section, tells you all you need to know about home life.
Gold: 1,804.12
May 2 2023 02:43am
Quote (Shoresy @ May 2 2023 03:46am)
Taking these two idiots seriously is a waste of your time.

They spend all day crying on the D4 section, tells you all you need to know about home life.

Oh boy, a day in the life of chubby cheeks Shorsey? Sounds like a thrilling adventure! Let me grab some popcorn and settle in.

So, our hero wakes up at the crack of dawn, rolls out of bed and crushes the floorboards beneath his massive frame. He starts his day off with a cup of BlackRifle coffee, which is apparently so strong that it instantly turns his stomach into a war zone.

Off to work he goes, with his co-workers distancing themselves not because of his toxic behavior, but because he smells like a gym locker that's been left in the sun for a week. Lovely.

For lunch, Shorsey heads to McDonald's and starts barking orders at the poor kid behind the counter. I'm sure they love dealing with him. But it's all good, because Shorsey is used to the McShits by now. Nothing like some explosive diarrhea to make your day complete.

After work, Shorsey decides to swing by the gas station to pick up some smokes and Bud Light. Classy. But before he can leave, he decides to shoulder check some poor unsuspecting guy. Spoiler alert: it doesn't end well for Shorsey. He ends up dazed and confused, with another load in his pants. Gross.

But wait, there's more! Shorsey gets home and logs onto his computer, excited to see what witty insults he can hurl at the poor souls on the JSP forums. Of course, he gets absolutely destroyed, but hey, at least he thinks he looks cool.

What a day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for chubby cheeks Shorsey. Hopefully, he invests in some adult diapers.

Gold: 101,587.00
May 2 2023 02:45am
D2R is my favorite console game, but that’s about it.

PvP gets boring quickly (BM brainless fucks with 500+ stacked res), PvM with top classes like Nova Sorc is boring as fuck (terror zones not challenging enough).

The only satisfaction i get is from playing is with a melee characters like Zealer or Frenzy barb (without enigma).

Although I have to note that what the Vic Studio did with the D2R is impressive.

My predicion for the post D4 launch? D2R will be played by elitists with 37 x 3/20/20s and some shopped items from China, rest will be a botfest.

I also don’t expect any major changes at this point from the dev team, only playing with numeric values of certain classes in order to improve build diversity.

D4 will be Blizzard’s priority for the next 2 years.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1151617181941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll