d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D2r Vs D4
Prev1121314151641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 200.99
Apr 3 2023 08:14am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Mar 29 2023 06:30am)
you start to sound like me now

however, i do believe d2r will always be where al the yuppy boomers and gen xers get their fix for a month or so on each ladder. although poe 2 will take some of them. d2r is really polished and the original d2 is really hurting now

original d2 is gone. d2r is the successor.
Gold: 5.50
Apr 3 2023 10:41am
This game is a joke when compared to D2, and if you look closely, positive vibes are present ONLY because of vocal D2 community.

This post was edited by Madmaxio on Apr 3 2023 10:45am
Gold: 8,013.34
Apr 3 2023 10:43am
Quote (kayko @ 30 Mar 2023 22:48)
Yeah, the hype for D4 will die out fast, I think.

But it will be 2late, we don't need any hype and we need no sales for Blizzard.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Apr 3 2023 10:43am
Gold: 291.00
Apr 3 2023 11:21am
Quote (Fankytore @ Apr 3 2023 09:43am)
But it will be 2late, we don't need any hype and we need no sales for Blizzard.

too late. diablo devs already grabbed all the gullible gen xers and yuppy boomers by their b-word

they are basically exploiting the zoomers and alphas at this point

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 3 2023 11:23am
Gold: 1,804.12
Apr 3 2023 01:24pm
Nothing exciting about the release of D4, beta was a dud and that's just being polite.. hype is artificial and energy is low..

Guess all that's left is resets on a 23 yr old game because Bliztardz can't release a decent sequel..
Gold: 49,720.00
Apr 4 2023 10:29pm
cant compare them d2r is oldschool, d4 is the new world...

just play both, d2r beginning of ladder for some fg profit after that go back to d4 or whatever game :D

and ye d4 will be much easier to gear up (no big grinding factor) but is not bad when u dont have much time to play

This post was edited by Spartacus160 on Apr 4 2023 10:30pm
Gold: 24.50
Apr 5 2023 03:22am
The Diablo 2 Druid, specifically the summon Druid, is my favorite character class in any action RPG. I fell in love with it the second I first played it in the summer of 2001. Grizzly bear enthusiast in its finest form. And back then he was relatively weak but the Raven skill had greater potential that the original D2 Devs never truly realized and got around to making somewhat OP. And then over 20 years later D2R finally made a huge change allowing you to summon all your pets at once and they gave the ravens a tremendous boost with that 12% synergy damage from the other three pets. For example my level 53 Raven skill dishes out some pretty significant damage that constantly wrecks with a constant decrepify and amplify damage proc. Even though I desire 10 ravens (double) over the current 5 but that would probably be overkill.

So what I'm saying is that I truly enjoy the D2R summon Druid more than anything right now! So far my Diablo 4 Druid impressions are very limited. But I haven't seen anybody saying the wolves and ravens are as powerful quite yet. The wolves look like a nice boss tanks but are they legitimate killers? As of right now my overall excitement for Diablo 4 isn't quite there yet. I still enjoy some D2R and even D3. But my opinions will change rather fast if I enjoy the Diablo 4 summon Druid. I just don't want the Diablo 4 summon Druid to take over 20 years to really make powerful. And even now some people say the D2R summon Druid still needs more of a long term buff especially the vines - got to add something more useful there.

The D2R summon Druid is currently a solid B+ for my playing style (A- is debatable) and generally in a good place. I want my favorite character class to be an A+ but Diablo 4 can win me over eventually but I'm worried I'm not going to be rushing to play it from a day one release. It depends if I decide to buy a new XBOX very soon. I'll probably play Diablo 4 on a console rather than the PC. It just sucks that I'm playing a little bit of everything all over the place. D2R on my Nintendo Switch, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3 on my new iMAC apple monitor and now I'll have to buy a new PC that'll cost a small fortune (the PC setup the rich kid streamers play on!) or XBOX to play Diablo 4 on. Eventually I just want to play one game on one device/platform.

TL:DR version - D2R is where it's at! D4 just ain't there for me yet. Maybe I'll like it upon release. We shall see if it tickles my fancy!
Gold: 8,302.00
Apr 5 2023 04:16am
Bunch of whiners. I liked the game, looks fun.
I gave blizz money, sue me.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2023 04:59am
Quote (MADmartigan @ Apr 5 2023 01:22am)
The Diablo 2 Druid, specifically the summon Druid, is my favorite character class in any action RPG. I fell in love with it the second I first played it in the summer of 2001. Grizzly bear enthusiast in its finest form. And back then he was relatively weak but the Raven skill had greater potential that the original D2 Devs never truly realized and got around to making somewhat OP. And then over 20 years later D2R finally made a huge change allowing you to summon all your pets at once and they gave the ravens a tremendous boost with that 12% synergy damage from the other three pets. For example my level 53 Raven skill dishes out some pretty significant damage that constantly wrecks with a constant decrepify and amplify damage proc. Even though I desire 10 ravens (double) over the current 5 but that would probably be overkill.

So what I'm saying is that I truly enjoy the D2R summon Druid more than anything right now! So far my Diablo 4 Druid impressions are very limited. But I haven't seen anybody saying the wolves and ravens are as powerful quite yet. The wolves look like a nice boss tanks but are they legitimate killers? As of right now my overall excitement for Diablo 4 isn't quite there yet. I still enjoy some D2R and even D3. But my opinions will change rather fast if I enjoy the Diablo 4 summon Druid. I just don't want the Diablo 4 summon Druid to take over 20 years to really make powerful. And even now some people say the D2R summon Druid still needs more of a long term buff especially the vines - got to add something more useful there.

The D2R summon Druid is currently a solid B+ for my playing style (A- is debatable) and generally in a good place. I want my favorite character class to be an A+ but Diablo 4 can win me over eventually but I'm worried I'm not going to be rushing to play it from a day one release. It depends if I decide to buy a new XBOX very soon. I'll probably play Diablo 4 on a console rather than the PC. It just sucks that I'm playing a little bit of everything all over the place. D2R on my Nintendo Switch, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3 on my new iMAC apple monitor and now I'll have to buy a new PC that'll cost a small fortune (the PC setup the rich kid streamers play on!) or XBOX to play Diablo 4 on. Eventually I just want to play one game on one device/platform.

TL:DR version - D2R is where it's at! D4 just ain't there for me yet. Maybe I'll like it upon release. We shall see if it tickles my fancy!

d4 is just d3 for iphones. i watched ten mins of gameplay on twitch then turned it off. also im pretty sure diablo is just a girl now cuz of the times, nty.
Gold: 1,100.00
Apr 5 2023 05:51am
Quote (Cbramgar @ Apr 5 2023 03:59am)
d4 is just d3 for iphones. i watched ten mins of gameplay on twitch then turned it off. also im pretty sure diablo is just a girl now cuz of the times, nty.

You think D4 is bad because the main villain is Lilith instead of Diablo? Lmao that's a new one. Someone else said they hate D4 because not enough boobs though so which is it 🤔
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1121314151641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll