d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Where Are The Runes?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,907.00
Sep 23 2023 08:44pm
For the low low price of 99.95 you too can experience runes and runewords in our first expansion of D4! It's not like we intentionally held content back to sell you later or anything, I promise! :bonk:
Gold: 291.00
Sep 23 2023 09:02pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 23 2023 07:44pm)
For the low low price of 99.95 you too can experience runes and runewords in our first expansion of D4! It's not like we intentionally held content back to sell you later or anything, I promise! :bonk:

hey, now it all makes sense on why rod was saying in that interview he thought of adding runes later!
Sep 23 2023 09:43pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Sep 23 2023 11:02pm)
hey, now it all makes sense on why rod was saying in that interview he thought of adding runes later!

At this point the company obviously creates problems to sell solutions. It's like their expansion mo now. It's been a trademark of wow for many many years. Each of their expansions start out broken and as time goes on they release patches to properly tune things to reinvigorate customer appeal. Normally that would work but they've done it so many times now people see straight through it all. WoW is currently circling the drain and hardcore excitement is waning quickly. We've hit a milestone of there being no good blizzard games out currently that are somewhat new. That's one of the major reasons I don't trust blizzard products in recent years and I just wait a few months to see if a game is worth wasting money on. In this case it wasn't and I'm glad I saved some.

I really hope the company of ex blizz devs creates an amazing arpg. Really sick of modern blizz and their disposable trash can games.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 23 2023 09:50pm
Gold: 291.00
Sep 23 2023 10:23pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 23 2023 08:43pm)
At this point the company obviously creates problems to sell solutions. It's like their expansion mo now. It's been a trademark of wow for many many years. Each of their expansions start out broken and as time goes on they release patches to properly tune things to reinvigorate customer appeal. Normally that would work but they've done it so many times now people see straight through it all. WoW is currently circling the drain and hardcore excitement is waning quickly. We've hit a milestone of there being no good blizzard games out currently that are somewhat new. That's one of the major reasons I don't trust blizzard products in recent years and I just wait a few months to see if a game is worth wasting money on. In this case it wasn't and I'm glad I saved some.

I really hope the company of ex blizz devs creates an amazing arpg. Really sick of modern blizz and their disposable trash can games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=embed/N1tohFAgYBs

the destructible terrain looks neat. they have some good minds behind the studio too. i'll def be watching out for a beta of some sort in the future
Gold: 3,328.00
Sep 23 2023 10:27pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 24 2023 04:43am)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=embed/N1tohFAgYBs

I don't mean to offend but did you really expect a load of 20+ year veterans to be programming the game? The problem is corporate environments, monopolies and advertising/broadcasting.

I raised this about 15 years ago. Games are being created with a need for an end goal rather than a game being created as a consequence of trying to allow people to do things.

This post was edited by SamTheGuru on Sep 23 2023 10:27pm
Gold: 170.00
Sep 23 2023 10:30pm
Quote (SamTheGuru @ Sep 23 2023 09:27pm)
I don't mean to offend but did you really expect a load of 20+ year veterans to be programming the game? The problem is corporate environments, monopolies and advertising/broadcasting.

I raised this about 15 years ago. Games are being created with as a need for an end goal rather than a game being created as a consequence of trying to allow people to do things.

Fax no printers yet.
Sep 23 2023 10:59pm
Quote (SamTheGuru @ Sep 24 2023 12:27am)

I raised this about 15 years ago. Games are being created with a need for an end goal rather than a game being created as a consequence of trying to allow people to do things.

Games are treated as investment vehicles for shareholders now and monetized six ways from Sunday. It hasn't been about fun for a long time for some of these corporations. They could care less about fun and only care about user engagement metrics.

Does the product force them to come back every day?
Does the product take them a long time to grind in order to promote paid skips?
Ad nauseam..

This is all cookie cutter by the book mobile phone gaming seeping into every crevice and facet of the industry. Ironically those are the exact type of games I avoid now though. I specifically look for good titles from smaller developers who aren't beholden to financial people. Smaller companies seem to have more innovation. They can let the creatives do their thing without constantly hounding them about structuring the base game around micros.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 23 2023 11:04pm
Gold: 170.00
Sep 23 2023 11:04pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 23 2023 09:59pm)
Games are treated as investment vehicles for shareholders now and monetized six ways from Sunday. It hasn't been about fun for a long time for some of these corporations. They could care less about fun and only care about user engagement metrics.

Does the product force them to come back every day?
Does the product take them a long time to grind in order to promote paid skips?
Ad nauseam..

This is all cookie cutter by the book mobile phone gaming seeping into every crevice and facet of the industry. Ironically those are the exact type of games I avoid now though. I specifically look for good titles from smaller developers who aren't beholden to financial people, they can let the creatives do their thing.

this really is the way tho to find good games
Sep 23 2023 11:09pm
Quote (187PROOF @ Sep 24 2023 01:04am)
this really is the way tho to find good games

My favorite recent release was a 7 dollar indie title. That's how shitty modern gaming has become. 7 dollar games beating out 70 dollar unimaginative slop. I feel like certain aspects of society are regressing or turning dystopian. Gaming will need a renaissance soon. Some of these games, if they had physical copies, would be buried out in the desert like ET all those years ago.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 23 2023 11:11pm
Gold: 3,621.69
Sep 23 2023 11:45pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ 24 Sep 2023 18:09)
My favorite recent release was a 7 dollar indie title. That's how shitty modern gaming has become. 7 dollar games beating out 70 dollar unimaginative slop. I feel like certain aspects of society are regressing or turning dystopian. Gaming will need a renaissance soon. Some of these games, if they had physical copies, would be buried out in the desert like ET all those years ago.

it's not really a surprise since the indy devs actually care about their games, not just pumping out a piece of shit cash grab
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll