d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Activision-blizzard Hires Controversial Lawfirm
Prev18910111217Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2021 08:36am
Quote (Flawed @ Jul 30 2021 10:18am)
Let's be realists here - there are some issues that are so big, that people have been trying to change for tens if not hundreds of years, that have yet to be resolved. Whether there is no appetite by those in power, or otherwise, attempting to solve them whilst putting EVERYTHING else on the backburner is an awful idea.

World hunger could be solved by any one multi-billionaire, or by the US government just taking a SMALL break from its military budget. Neither of those things have happened in any meaningful way. Why? Because nobody can tell a billionaire what to do with their money, and nobody wants to tax billionaires appropriately, because then their country would lose their business. Why the US refuses to decrease its military budget? Nobody knows, but my guess is that because America's ENTIRE IDENTITY is military, guns, obesity, and pretending that they are free/the best.

Child & Slave Labour could realistically be solved with population control. These issues exist because some countries just promote and allow people to have tens of children...and there is nowhere for these kids to go, and the families cannot afford to feed these kids, so the kids need to get a job at a young age and work, or the parents are desperate to make money for these families. It's the same thing we see in the US. The economic groups that have the lowest incomes are the ones with the highest birth rates, which just pushes poverty higher, and starts these kids off on the wrong foot.

Look at that Greta Thunburg woman - everyone thought she'd be some catalyst for real change, and that she was going to be the push we needed on the climate disaster....and then she faded into the background.

People are apathetic and selfish. I think Andy Weir wrote people perfectly - "we (adapt/evolve) to the point that we need to and no further".

This is one of those issues that is realistic and actually quite simple to solve, comparatively. And who knows, these quick wins might turn people on to activism and actually trying to get something done.

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree on several of those points, but I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to engage in conversation about our differing opinions. Open and free conversation about these things is important.
Gold: 6,523.00
Jul 30 2021 08:42am
Quote (Apovax @ 30 Jul 2021 06:00)
Lul. Brother you need to rethink your view about the world. Eating food with your fingers is neither rude, nor barbaric. If anything it is plain idiotic to eat some foods with fork and knive. Hit me up if you need a clarification on that. I can give you a history lesson and a human behavioral lesson as well, after which you mght change your mind. By the way... where did you get that with genitals and butthole.. has to be a personal experince, otherwise .. I cannot think of why would someone in a restaurant or at home do that while eating.

My worldview is that the world is a pretty messed up place and I don't have enough money to make a real impact, so I try my best to get a handful of people to improve their lives.

My business, at it's peak before the pandemic, only had 12 employees and me, and unfortunately it's scaled down quite a bit right now.

Everyone that I've convinced to eat ribs with a fork and knife actually likes it better that way.

You don't accidentally eat gristle, the bones don't slip out of your hands, and if you have a mustache you don't end up with BBQ sauce all over it (This is a serious problem.)

Also, to be clear: It's a publication, we come up with new stuff every day.

In a different order of ideas. Blizzard should pay dearly for the misstreatment of those employees. Neevertheless all those employees will not have a job anymore if you don t buy a copy of D2R. You really have to learn how to see the bigger picture in the world. If you want to boycot Blizzard it s not via not buying a copy of a game, but get in contact with the association of employees that are rioting, try to get some facts and put them on paper on your Blog Company. Then Campaign for it. Even better you can find another company in the same situation in your area and fight the war on all fronts.

TL:DR some foods are meant to be eaten with your hands. Blizzard should pay for misstreating employees, which will be done via the correct channels and not buy boycotting a product which is actually a great piece of entertainment.

Tldr of tldr: food = good. Blizzard shit employer. Blizzard decent game producer in the past.

3rd edit --this so good

Honestly, I actually would prefer to boycott Blizzard over things like how they ruined WOW.

They did a great job of creating a really fun game and then completely trashed it multiple times.

If the employees are getting mistreated they should just quit. I posted this here just because it's relevant to the forum and I interpreted it as more of "Oh so, they're about to bring the pain to their employees. That will teach them for showing up and working hard."

Some people (especially gamers) misinterpret AB as being a great company to work for and no, it's the typical corporate culture grind.

After working there for years, their employees will sooner or later start to see people go.

Some people will realize the reason that some of them are gone is because they died and it's sad because they never really did anything with their life.

It's like they traded their life away to have a few lines of code in a game or a virtual art asset.

Also: You really need to stop eating with your fingers, it really is super gross. Especially something like ribs. It's definitely broadcasts the message to others that "You are a peon with no self respect."

If I was in a situation where I was surrounded by a group of people eating that way, I would think "Wow these people are low class" and I would get up and abruptly leave.

Jul 30 2021 08:53am
Quote (mitchflow @ 30 Jul 2021 09:07)
There are only two types of people in the world:
1. Everyone else. And 2. Anti-buttlickers.

Anti-buttlickers are just the worst, they really are.

Hopefully your company "goes woke" and then "goes broke"

I don't know how to respond to any of that.

Uh, thanks for your contribution to the conversation?

What exactly do you mean by "goes woke?"

Is that like something a bot on Facebook taught you?

Quote (Agent007 @ 30 Jul 2021 09:12)
Theres something called washing your hands, learn about it.

Do you not see the people responding to me with gutter speak?

Do you really think that I'm the problem and that I don't wash my hands?
Gold: 252.00
Jul 30 2021 08:57am
Quote (mki @ Jul 30 2021 04:53pm)
I don't know how to respond to any of that.

Uh, thanks for your contribution to the conversation?

What exactly do you mean by "goes woke?"

Is that like something a bot on Facebook taught you?

Hands? You probably don't even wash your balls kid
Jul 30 2021 09:53am
Quote (nata_mrx @ 30 Jul 2021 10:57)
Hands? You probably don't even wash your balls kid

Lets play a game.

I'm going to guess your occupation.

Uh, you work a discount restaurant for people from the lower financial classes, more commonly known as a fast food worker.

Right?
Gold: 701.02
Jul 30 2021 11:38am
Quote (mki @ Jul 30 2021 11:53am)
Lets play a game.

I'm going to guess your occupation.

Uh, you work a discount restaurant for people from the lower financial classes, more commonly known as a fast food worker.

Right?

I work with my mudder, to sell fruits and vegetables. It's fun most days, but hard work
Gold: 328,693.00
Jul 30 2021 11:47am
Gold: 328,693.00
Jul 30 2021 11:58am
Quote (mki @ Jul 30 2021 07:53am)

Careful with your response guys, let's not hurt the big bad business owner's feelings.

Gold: 679.50
Jul 30 2021 12:16pm
Quote (sum182_41 @ Jul 30 2021 10:10am)
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that if we as a society focused on and were outraged by the real issues in the modern age, as opposed to wasting the majority our collective energy on far more trivial battles, we could actually work towards and make progress on the meat and potatoes issues.

I’m not suggesting ignoring X for Y, both deserve attention but the balance of that attention is off. Like I mentioned previously the compass of modern activism needs calibration.

A different example (and different meat and potatoes): 25,000 people die of hunger every day, 10,000 being children. We don’t even have a food shortage, we have a logistical issue getting food to places where this occurs, but instead advocating to lobby financial resources to work towards solving this we spend money and focus our energy on more trivial matters because those trivial matters are more important for us (modern society) to address for some reason. If we focused our attention collectively on the real issues we could do real good for humanity. That doesn’t mean we have to ignore less pressing issues, those issues just deserve a more appropriate level of attention.

Suggesting that we don’t have the ability to solve those problems because they’re harder and therefore our attention should be placed on easier battles I just don’t agree with. I was responding to OP as microcosm of the inappropriately focused activism that will allow the real issues to flourish for the next 100 years as opposed to the next 10. It’s not an indictment of OP specifically but the modern nature of western activism as a whole. My original argument was perhaps more crude but I think it’s abundantly clear what I meant.

You're an idealist and a black and white thinker. Real world is full of grey, not simple to solve any of this. Once you actually enter the real world and get 10-15 years experience you'll figure that out and hopefully abandon your idealist crusade, for your own sake.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2021 12:26pm
Quote (mitchflow @ Jul 30 2021 02:16pm)
You're an idealist and a black and white thinker. Real world is full of grey, not simple to solve any of this. Once you actually enter the real world and get 10-15 years experience you'll figure that out and hopefully abandon your idealist crusade, for your own sake.

Thanks for not contributing to the discussion, making incorrect assumptions and casting ad-hominem attacks. A real wise thinker you appear to be.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev18910111217Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll