d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > United Guilds Melee Ladder > Us East Non Ladder
Prev1290629072908290929103123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,865.36
Trader: Trusted
Nov 23 2020 01:09pm
Quote (FinalKiller @ Nov 23 2020 01:49pm)
gds.

I'll issue a challenge now to you sir :) . Think I got the stats right now. more fhr and ar now >.>. Hopefully my isp doesn't kill me too bad...200-240 ping is rough :(

14. FinalKiller/Furlot - Fury vs. 12. Julien/Jul - Zeal

PM'd

I would assume that the 48hours rule applies here, even if I was the one initiating our previous challenge. ?
Gold: 1,377.96
Nov 23 2020 02:04pm
07. MemoryOfLight/Trigzilla - Fury challenge 05. inkanddagger/Furo - Fury
Gold: 139.62
Nov 23 2020 02:06pm
Quote (Julien @ 23 Nov 2020 14:09)
I would assume that the 48hours rule applies here, even if I was the one initiating our previous challenge. ^lbg333 ?

It would make sense in an attacking position, the defender, if having successfully defended his spot couldn't receive a challenge from the same person for 48 hours.

The defender, should not be penalized other than losing his spot. If he has a open challenge (not having issued/completed a match one in the last 12 hours), he should be able to use it. If from the attacking position he loses then, he should as per the rule be unable to challenge for 48 hours.

This is a case of verb vs noun.... When issuing the match you challenge that party, making you by legal definition the challenger. A challenge can be a invitation to compete/duel in the sense of a noun.

At least this is my view point...

Otherwise we should be able to attack the parties below us to block challenges so we don't get tied up waiting for other matches above to complete.

Gold: 1,099.08
Nov 23 2020 02:14pm
Quote (Julien @ Nov 23 2020 02:09pm)
I would assume that the 48hours rule applies here, even if I was the one initiating our previous challenge. ^lbg333 ?

was thinking about this a few days ago, lets iron out the challenge cooldowns because they are a bit unclear.

i think if you issue a challenge and win you should have 12hr cooldown to issue another challenge
i think if you issue a challenge and lose that you should be put on 24hr cooldown to issue a challenge, and a 48 hour cooldown to rechallenge the same person
i think if you are challenged and win, you should have no cooldown
i think if you are challenged and lose, you should be put on a 24hr cooldown to issue a challenge

so if #8 person "A" challenges and beats #7 person "B" and wins, person "B" cant make person "A" run in back immediately. it would also not let person "B" that just dropped from #7 to #8 challenge #6 and pass the person they just lost to without giving the winner a chance to keep moving

opinions?

Gold: 28,754.00
Nov 23 2020 02:17pm
Quote (Lbg333 @ Nov 23 2020 03:14pm)
was thinking about this a few days ago, lets iron out the challenge cooldowns because they are a bit unclear.

i think if you issue a challenge and win you should have 12hr cooldown to issue another challenge
i think if you issue a challenge and lose that you should be put on 24hr cooldown to issue a challenge, and a 48 hour cooldown to rechallenge the same person
i think if you are challenged and lose, you should be put on a 24hr cooldown to issue a challenge

so if #8 person "A" challenges and beats #7 person "B" and wins, person "B" cant make person "A" run in back immediately. it would also not let person "B" that just dropped from #7 to #8 challenge #6 and pass the person they just lost to without giving the winner a chance to keep moving

opinions?

I like that.
Gold: 2,000.00
Nov 23 2020 02:34pm

opinions?

Sounds good to me
Gold: 3,892.52
Nov 23 2020 02:35pm

opinions?

Yes
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,865.36
Trader: Trusted
Nov 23 2020 03:04pm

opinions?

Sounds good to me.

Also, just a FYI, in the past, the 48hours rule has been applied, when loosing, regardless of if you issued the challenge or was challenged, as opposed to the 12hours wait when you issued and completed a challenge.
Gold: 139.62
Nov 23 2020 03:12pm
Quote (Lbg333 @ 23 Nov 2020 15:14)

opinions?

Don't see an issue with these but, its already quite easily to get locked out from moving forward, specifically with matches above you, since the time to complete can be on the order of several days. Which is why Julien in the number 12 spot now is stuck til possibly the 27th, unless one of those matches were to complete prior to the 24 hours.

Quote (Julien @ 23 Nov 2020 16:04)
Sounds good to me.

Also, just a FYI, in the past, the 48hours rule has been applied, when loosing, regardless of if you issued the challenge or was challenged, as opposed to the 12hours wait when you issued and completed a challenge.

Don't remember much from back then I suppose. Generally the timer would have been up anyways due to the matches above holding people back, if not incredibly active.

Can I do this then? :)

After 24 hrs from the completion of my match with Julien ~2.5 hrs ago, if I remain unchallenged and Julien is unable to challenge or has not challenged, I'd like to issue a challenge to him. :D? Basically a challenge in advance :P

Gold: 0.69
Nov 23 2020 07:23pm
Quote (Tonice @ Nov 22 2020 03:37pm)
Challenge

03. dark-soul/Godly-pk - Zeal of Playboy vs 04. Tonice/Megalos - Zeal

Pm'd

8-6 Megalos

6-1 Megalos

Gd's Brad :thumbsup:
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1290629072908290929103123Next
Add Reply New Topic