d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > United Guilds Melee Ladder > Us East Non Ladder
Prev11451461471481493123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,000.00
Mar 10 2010 07:43pm
United Guilds Melee Ladder
(U.S. East Non-Ladder)

Ladder Council Members & Guild Leaders

Darkken of the Dark Tavern
SirSteve1 of Melee
LilNeko of MILITIA
PreZident Brennon of the Palapk Nation
hengster of Playboy

Appointed Council Assistants

CoffeeMasterX of the Dark Tavern
Blood_Myst of Melee
PAWNGE of MILITIA
SX-XiP of the Palapk Nation
dark-soul of Playboy

<Challenge System>
Please Read Before Submitting New Challenges

1) Have fun!! (No rage, drama BM or bullshit you will be banned if there are complaints about you).
2) To be added to the Ladder post JSP Name/D2 account/Character Name- Type of character.
3) Allowed to challenge up to 2 ranks above you until you get to #3 then you must duel everybody
4) You must PM the other party about the challenge FIRST then post challenge in this topic.
5) GM Melee rules apply to all duels See page 1 for rules.
6) Challenge will be best 2/3 sets first to 6 must win each set by 2 duels.
7) You may change gear 1 time during a set and 1 time between each set.
8) If you issued the challenge must wait 12 hours after completion of challenge to issue another challenge.
9) If you lose a challenge you must wait 48 hours to rechallenge the same person.
10) 3-Day Dodge rule (AFK, No-reply, No-show = Auto-Loss) 2 consecutive Dodges=Removed from Ladder

If you cannot complete your challenge on time it is your responsibitly to PM
your Challenger and inform them then post in thread asking for an extension.
If you fail to do this Dodge Rule will be enforced.

Current Ladder Rankings

01. PreZident Brennon/PreZ_of_the_PN/PN_PreZidentII—Zeal PalapkNation

02. Scorpxxxx/Scorpxxxx/Scorps_Sabbith—Zeal PalapkNation

03. TDS123/Remains/iRyan—ZealPalapkNation

04. D2Child/Child-/Jabroni—Zeal

05. DaWn/Banditcom/Stocctown—Zeal

06. Eric_Mendoza/Eric_Mendoza/Erics_DRUIDwolf—Fury

07. D2Child/Child-/Cnbf—Fury

08. D2Child/Child-/Cuny—Conc

09. Darkken/Nexxus-4/Darkken—Conc

10. Mtd433/Mtd433/Averel—Conc

11. 9012lance/Lancerafael72/Falling_Bricks—Conc

12. JAYZONE/JAYZONE/Strongest—Zeal

13. Drael/Drael/Whisp—Zeal

14. Shank_You/UD_killers/Lantern—Zeal

15. CoffeeMasterX/XsethirothX/Vikodin—Conc

16. Speedskater2003/Speedskater2003/MyLittleHolyMan—Zeal

17. Vera/Davis./Coltrane—Conc

18. mrdruman/mrdruman/civic-lorqn—Zeal

19. SubaruWRX/Queens_GOD/Civic-Geo—Zeal

20. Smok3dro4dayz/Smok3dro4Dayz1/SmokeDroFukHoes—Zeal

21. Biglouy/Biglouy/Luis—Conc

22. Drael/Drael/Narciss—Conc

23. BAJuicer/BA-Juicer/Ryan—Conc

24. F150_Redneck/F150_Redneck/Guy_Harvey—Zeal

25. SX-XiP/Tyler/FatDuck—Zeal

26. F150_Redneck/Guy_HarveyIII—Fury

27. nflgo/nfl-conc/Whitebread—Conc

28. Cyssero/Cyssero./Cyssero—Zeal

29. Biglouy/Hazuki/Maxed—Fury

30. xWaRx/xJoNx/SpecialEd—Conc

31. Greniator/Green97/Emzo—Zeal

32. Technics/M.m.m/Titleist—Fury

Present & Pending Duels
(Please make sure the person you are challenging doesn't have a Challenge Pending)

12. JAYZONE/JAYZONE/Strongest—Zeal vs. 14. Shank_You/UD_killers/Lantern—Zeal - Mar 10

08. D2Child/Child-/Cuny—Conc vs. 10. Mtd433/Mtd433/Averel—Conc - Mar 10

28. Cyssero/Cyssero./Cyssero—Zeal vs. 27. nflgo/nfl-conc/Whitebread—Conc - Mar 8

21. Biglouy/Biglouy/Luis—Conc vs. 20. Smok3dro4dayz/Smok3dro4Dayz1/SmokeDroFukHoes—Zeal - Mar 8

25. SX-XiP/Tyler/FatDuck—Zeal vs. 23. BAJuicer/BA-Juicer/Ryan—Conc - Mar 8

19. SubaruWRX/Queens_GOD/Civic-Geo—Zeal vs. 17. Vera/Davis./Coltrane—Conc - Mar 8

31. Greniator/Green97/Emzo—Zeal vs. 29. Biglouy/Hazuki/Maxed—Fury - Mar 8

09. Darkken/Nexxus-4/Darkken—Conc vs. 07. D2Child/Child-/Cnbf—Fury - Mar 8

Gold: 17,000.00
Mar 10 2010 07:45pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 10 2010 08:32pm)
02. PreZident Brennon/PreZ_of_the_PN/PN_PreZidentII—Zeal PalapkNation

Challenges

01. Scorpxxxx/Scorpxxxx/Scorps_Sabbith—Zeal PalapkNation

Gds, Steve.

First set: 7-5 Scorps_Sabbith

Second set: 6-4 PN_PreZidentII

Third set: 10-8 PN_PreZidentII

On a side note, I want to bring something very important to light in which I believe there is a major flaw in one of the present rules: Simply put, whoever gears first against me is going to lose 75% of the time. Allowing only one gear per set gives whomever is not gearing first a huge advantage because if someone gears against me and I know they can't gear again, I'll know exactly what to use against them and I usually end up winning. This is why the P.N. has unlimited gear changes.

It sucks when I usually gear first knowing I can't be at my best 100% of the time and I feel bad for those who gear first knowing I'm probably gonna beat them because of this rule.

I'd like to call a vote to change this rule, but if it remains, whomever duels me, you probably wouldn't want to gear at all...
Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 10 2010 08:36pm)
I voted for it to be changed to two gears a long time ago but it never came to a vote I guess? And yes that's a valid point. If you've been in melee for a while you know which setup to use against another one to win. So if someone is stuck in lets say c/c setup I would just use one of my shaft setups and beat them 99% of the time. I think unlimited is a little much though which is why it was 2 gears on the old ladder (although think it got changed to unlimited? not sure ask adam).

this is why I voted for no gear changes at all, 1 leads to another leads to another and so on....
IMO you make your choice and you live with it through that set and if neccesary you change for the next set.
Its a stradegy not a guessing game. If you allow 2 changes the same thing is going to happen the second time around as the first you are going to change to what works best vs what your opponent just changed to then he he going to change to counter ... where does it end?

My vote is no

This post was edited by SirSteve1 on Mar 10 2010 07:47pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Mar 10 2010 07:45pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 10 2010 08:32pm)

Challenges

Gds, Steve.

On a side note, I want to bring something very important to light in which I believe there is a major flaw in one of the present rules: Simply put, whoever gears first against me is going to lose 75% of the time. Allowing only one gear per set gives whomever is not gearing first a huge advantage because if someone gears against me and I know they can't gear again, I'll know exactly what to use against them and I usually end up winning. This is why the P.N. has unlimited gear changes.

It sucks when I usually gear first knowing I can't be at my best 100% of the time and I feel bad for those who gear first knowing I'm probably gonna beat them because of this rule.

I'd like to call a vote to change this rule, but if it remains, whomever duels me, you probably wouldn't want to gear at all...

Great duels as always Bren

I recently requsted a 2nd gear per set because I hate getting cought in a bad matchup my last set vs bren i was up by 1 most of the duel and would have loved to gear into cc to try to take the set I had already geared and was stuck.

I realize that some who only use 1 buld dont see the big deal but melee needs to be more than click and hold and at the upper levels its all about knowing your aponent and gearing acordingly.

This post was edited by scorpxxxx on Mar 10 2010 07:45pm
Mar 10 2010 07:48pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ Mar 10 2010 08:45pm)
this is why I voted for no gear changes at all,  1 leads to another leads to another  and so on....
IMO you make your choice and you live with it through that set  and if neccesary you change for the next set.
Its  a stradegy not a guessing game. If you allow 2 changes the same thing is going to happen the second time around as the first  you are going to change to what works best vs what your opponent just changed to then he he going to change to counter ... where does it end?

My vote is no

Well if one person changes gears you can't also change at the same time when you see what he changed into. So you need to use strategy when using your sets. But I see where you're coming from just dont agree with it since it seems to restrictive and takes any strategy out of the equation.
Gold: 43,841.33
Mar 10 2010 07:49pm
Quote (SirSteve1 @ 10 Mar 2010 21:45)
this is why I voted for no gear changes at all, 1 leads to another leads to another and so on....
IMO you make your choice and you live with it through that set and if neccesary you change for the next set.
Its a stradegy not a guessing game. If you allow 2 changes the same thing is going to happen the second time around as the first you are going to change to what works best vs what your opponent just changed to then he he going to change to counter ... where does it end?

My vote is no

Steve, no offense, but no gear changes at all is purely rediculous, would totally ruin melee in my opinion and would have me lose all interest in this ladder. Melee is about diversity and being at your best 100% of the time. If I couldn't gear at all, I would totally have to see what my opponent is going to use first so I know what to use and screw them over every duel knowing they can't change. There's no honor in that...
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2010 07:49pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 10 2010 07:32pm)

Challenges

Gds, Steve.

I have to agree here
Mar 10 2010 07:51pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 10 2010 08:49pm)
Steve, no offense, but no gear changes at all is purely rediculous, would totally ruin melee in my opinion and would have me lose all interest in this ladder. Melee is about diversity and being at your best 100% of the time. If I couldn't gear at all, I would totally have to see what my opponent is going to use first so I know what to use and screw them over every duel knowing they can't change. There's no honor in that...

well I only have 1 vote out of 5 on this ladder you guys are welcome to over rule me, But that is my Opinion
Gold: 43,841.33
Mar 10 2010 07:56pm
Quote (dark-soul @ 10 Mar 2010 21:48)
Well if one person changes gears you can't also change at the same time when you see what he changed into. So you need to use strategy when using your sets. But I see where you're coming from just dont agree with it since it seems to restrictive and takes any strategy out of the equation.

I realize a lot of people here don't gear much, or try to get to know and understand their opponents as well as I do. Melee isn't just click-and-hold; when you advance to the next level of awareness in melee, you start to better understand your opponents and find what's best to use against them. I don't want nor mean to brag, but this is why I'm #1 a lot on this ladder.

I guarantee you'll see me change gear almost every set, especially if my opponent gears first. True strategy is knowing when to gear and when not to gear. And Brad, there is no rule stating you can't counter-gear an opponent, as long as it falls within the # of gear rules... That is true strategy right there and I've used it many times.

This post was edited by PreZident Brennon on Mar 10 2010 07:57pm
Mar 10 2010 07:59pm
Quote (PreZident Brennon @ Mar 10 2010 08:56pm)
I realize a lot of people here don't gear much, or try to get to know and understand their opponents as well as I do. Melee isn't just click-and-hold; when you advance to the next level of awareness in melee, you start to better understand your opponents and find what's best to use against them. I don't want nor mean to brag, but this is why I'm #1 a lot on this ladder.

I guarantee you'll see me change gear almost every set, especially if my opponent gears first. True strategy is knowing when to gear and when not to gear. And Brad, there is no rule stating you can't counter-gear an opponent, as long as it falls within the # of gear rules... That is true strategy right there and I've used it many times.

Ah i've always thought you couldn't right away since that would be kind of unfair so I never did in tournies or bets lol and I know no1 did in tge tournies since I reffed them xD. And yes I always geared in all of my matches too as has anyone who knows how to counter sets has. Not like there is one dominate setup vs all others so you would never win vs an old meleer with one setup.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Mar 10 2010 08:00pm
Mar 10 2010 08:04pm
Im going to have a lot of fun with you guys if we ever get a reset
My Zealot Is perfectly stated for the setup I use most and there isnt much I change
Its pretty much my tap setup or my non tap with just a couple of minor tweaks
And dont be fooled by my recent join date on JSP I have been Meleeing since this game came out and I have tried many multiple setup Builds.
I find that If you pick a setup and tweak just for it you're much better off in the end
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev11451461471481493123Next
Add Reply New Topic