d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1414441454146414741484507Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 25 2024 07:19am
Oh the CIA LARPER is here to share his expert opinion he copied and pasted from reddit

I wonder what declarations he will make today :rofl:
Gold: 3,941.00
Mar 25 2024 07:21am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 25 Mar 2024 14:08)
Its not that they are only bombing civilians. Its that they are clearly, regularly and deliberately bombing civilians.

Good attempt at gaslighting though.

Exactly my point.

Why would Kiev Post write they are NOT bombing civilians, but actually confirm a strike on a covert SBU facility?
Gold: 48,640.00
Mar 25 2024 07:24am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 25 Mar 2024 21:19)
Oh the CIA LARPER is here to share his expert opinion he copied and pasted from reddit

I wonder what declarations he will make today :rofl:

Biden is finally open about his transition. Trump is the new JFK. Victoria Nuland is actually Audrey Hepburn in disguise. Epstien isn't dead and Brad Pitt is the real mastermind being all these global conflicts.
Gold: 13.37
Mar 25 2024 08:21am
Quote (ferdia @ 25 Mar 2024 14:22)
what has not been done ?

is this fake news ? its widely reported and I am taking it as fact.

https://www.ft.com/content/809f6341-d775-4457-a2e5-504a4269d427
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-22/putin-s-spokesman-says-russia-is-in-a-state-of-war-in-ukraine
https://tass.com/politics/1763755
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/22/russia-is-in-a-state-of-war-in-ukraine-kremlin-says-for-the-first-time

I also dont understand what you mean about legal requirements. at a certain point its semantics. harsh i know, but true. Putin can simply make it happen.

Peskov explained his words about Russia being at war

Dmitry Peskov said that his words about Russia being “in a state of war” do not entail changes in the status of the military operation, and suggested not comparing them with the slogans of those convicted for the word “war”.

Source: RBC

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/22/03/2024/65fd52e59a7947013587a997
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 25 2024 08:35am
Quote (Norlander @ Mar 25 2024 03:21pm)
Peskov explained his words about Russia being at war

Dmitry Peskov said that his words about Russia being “in a state of war” do not entail changes in the status of the military operation, and suggested not comparing them with the slogans of those convicted for the word “war”.

Source: RBC

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/22/03/2024/65fd52e59a7947013587a997

I guess I am not the only one that, when looking at the whole picture today: Putin & his horrible elite started a war, a military agression that could end up as WW3.

- All previous agressions made by Putin are validating this trend
- All gross hybrid agressions toward Eu countries are validating this trend
- Russian missiles flying over Poland and Transnistria jamming are validating this trend
- Delirious nuclear threats are validating this trend

So "special war blabla" doesn't matter much anymore. Putin & his horrible elite are the ones escalating.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 25 2024 08:36am
Gold: 2,914.00
Mar 25 2024 09:09am
March 22 (Reuters) - Russia regards itself to be at war due to the West's intervention on Ukraine's side, the Kremlin said, shifting the language it uses to describe the conflict in an apparent move to prepare Russians for a longer and harder struggle.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov's comments, first to the Russian publication Arguments and Facts and then to reporters on a conference call on Friday, may sound unremarkable to Ukrainian and Western ears.

But inside Russia, where people have been told for the past two years to refer to the war in Ukraine as a "special military operation" - a phrase designed to underline the initially limited nature of the conflict - they represent a departure and look like part of a shift to prepare people mentally for a conflict which may require more sacrifices from them. "We are in a state of war. Yes, it started out as a special military operation, but as soon as this group was formed, when the collective West became a participant in this on the side of Ukraine, it became a war for us," Peskov told Arguments and Facts.

"I am convinced of that. And everyone should understand this, for their internal motivation." He made his comments five days after President Vladimir Putin was re-elected for six more years and after what Kyiv said was Russia's largest air strike on Ukrainian energy infrastructure. They appear to signal that Russia is digging in for an even longer standoff over Ukraine with the United States and its allies. They also give the Russian authorities more leeway with their own people to announce decisions more commonly associated with a war such as a further mobilisation. "Now it's official: the SMO (Special Military Operation) is recognised as a war," said Tatiana Stanovaya, founder of the R.Politik analysis firm. "Of course, the SMO de facto became a war a long time ago But this is a certain psychological boundary, beyond which different requests can be made of both the population and the elites than during the SMO," she said.

Peskov in subsequent remarks to reporters clarified that Russia's actions in Ukraine were still legally qualified at home as "a special military operation" rather than as a war. "But de facto it has become a war for us as the collective West more and more directly increases its level of involvement in the conflict," he said. Russian officials from Putin down have gradually started to use the word "war" more often, having long avoided it and discouraged others from using it - on pain of prosecution - as they initially sought to cast the decision to go into Ukraine as some kind of a swift and limited military intervention. Having suffered serious battlefield losses and been pushed back in 2022 and 2023 before regaining the initiative, Russian officials have conceded that fighting is now set to go on for longer than initially thought, however, and that ambitious goals remain unfulfilled. Mark Galeotti, author of several books on Putin and Russia, said Peskov's comments sent a powerful signal to the Russian public.

"That ‘internal mobilisation’ is actually the key thing: the Kremlin’s demand that every Russian get into a wartime mindset, and realise there is now no middle ground between being a patriot and a traitor (as Putin defines these)" Galeotti wrote on the X social media network. Peskov said that Russia must fully "liberate" its "new regions" to ensure people's safety there, a reference to the four Ukrainian regions which Russia claimed to have annexed in 2022 but does not fully control. Russia, he added, could not allow a state to exist on its borders that had shown itself ready to use any method to seize control of Crimea.

Kyiv says Russia's annexation of the four regions is an illegal land grab and that it will not rest until every Russian soldier is ejected from its soil. It says it is also determined to return the Black Sea peninsula of Crimea, which Russia took from it in 2014. Moscow, which has invested heavily in Crimea, the headquarters of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, says the peninsula is part of Russia and that its status has been settled once and for all.

---------

So the TLDR here is that Russia acknowledges western attempts to "win" and is responding in the matter it deems most prudent. This can be considered an escalation, a limited response to Macron's statements related to sending Nato members troops to Ukraine. To my mind, the "win" in the election boosted Putin's confidence to carry on with this.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 25 2024 09:18am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 25 2024 09:18am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 25 2024 01:20pm)
Shrodinger prepared.

You're quoting single sentences from two different discussions, one from the day Russia invaded Ukraine and the other more than a year later

That's not all, you've edited the first quote and from the second quote you took just a small part of the sentence because the rest of the sentence clearly explains what I say.

Your first quote --> Let's just forget they've prepared for this for 2 decades, have completely overhauled and modernized their military and just see where this will go. Great idea dude, Russia will win this war in 2-3 months, mark my words.

Quote (Djunior @ Feb 24 2022 04:44pm)
Let's just forget they've prepared for this for 2 decades, have completely overhauled and modernized their military and just see where this will go. Great idea dude

Your second quote --> You know that Russia went in completely unprepared

Quote (Djunior @ May 21 2023 09:58am)
You know that Russia went in completely unprepared, they met a Ukrainian army that had been build up since 2014 helped by the West which is why they were halted and eventually pushed back.

You can still read the sources that say Russia prepared for this, and it's also clear that the Ukrainian army had been build up and received massive aid from the West

Imagine trying to frame this the way you do by deliberately taking snippets of discussion and editing them just to troll a discussion forum.

Jesus Christ...
Gold: 2,914.00
Mar 25 2024 09:20am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 25 2024 03:18pm)
You're quoting single sentences from two different discussions, one from the day Russia invaded Ukraine and the other more than a year later

That's not all, you've edited the first quote and from the second quote you took just a small part of the sentence because the rest of the sentence clearly explains what I say.

Your first quote --> Let's just forget they've prepared for this for 2 decades, have completely overhauled and modernized their military and just see where this will go. Great idea dude, Russia will win this war in 2-3 months, mark my words.

Your second quote --> You know that Russia went in completely unprepared

You can still read the sources that say Russia prepared for this, and it's also clear that the Ukrainian army had been build up and received massive aid from the West

Imagine trying to frame this the way you do by deliberately taking snippets of discussion and editing them just to troll a discussion forum.

Jesus Christ...

tbh a better response to my mind would be to highlight that Macron escalated the war to a new level when he suggested sending troops to Russia. that necessitated a Russian response. i.e. the escalation is Macron. Ultimately the collective west has refused all attempts at negotiation. That in and of itself is a bit of a tricky point to argue out of (but they do try, sometimes, badly).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 25 2024 09:22am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 25 2024 09:26am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 25 2024 04:20pm)
tbh a better response to my mind would be to highlight that Macron escalated the war to a new level when he suggested sending troops to Russia. that necessitated a Russian response. i.e. the escalation is Macron.

I exposed him for the full 100%

He edits old quotes from discussions more than a year apart and leaves out the part of the sentence that explains what is being said

Gold: 7,372.33
Mar 25 2024 09:30am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 25 2024 07:35am)
I guess I am not the only one that, when looking at the whole picture today: Putin & his horrible elite started a war, a military agression that could end up as WW3.

- All previous agressions made by Putin are validating this trend
- All gross hybrid agressions toward Eu countries are validating this trend
- Russian missiles flying over Poland and Transnistria jamming are validating this trend
- Delirious nuclear threats are validating this trend

So "special war blabla" doesn't matter much anymore. Putin & his horrible elite are the ones escalating.

you do not see the whole picture... you see 1 tree in a forest ... If you claim Putin the only 1 started this war... ignores all facts leading up to this war.. and repeats what you have been told by jackals pointing a finger at Putin ..look he started this lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1414441454146414741484507Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll