d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev15455565758307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Apr 22 2023 02:19pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 22 2023 01:15pm)
From the very start you haven't explained shit. So get busy

pick your best one dude. should we do Jesus packing a 45 again? that one is hilarious.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Apr 22 2023 02:46pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 23 2023 08:19am)
pick your best one dude. should we do Jesus packing a 45 again? that one is hilarious.

Get busy
Gold: 0.69
Apr 22 2023 02:57pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 22 2023 01:46pm)

wont find anyone that believes that tripe so the meme is a fail, nice job. now that we saw your best stuff we can all go home now.
Gold: 3.00
Apr 22 2023 04:03pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 22 2023 04:36am)

1. You think a righteous God condemning reprobates to hell is comparable to human emotions?

2. Roleplay theology

3. See 1
Gold: 0.00
Apr 22 2023 05:21pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 22 2023 10:22pm)
Lying Christian tactic let's divert attention from the proof about our made up religion by changing the subject and never answering #34457

Tell you what if you ready to provide some proof or admit you have been a brainwashed tool for believing the bible then I'll finish that story for you.

Wow, that sure as hell didn't last very long. Well you did get me to fast track where I was going with this.

You say...

It's written that aliens are real because I wrote it down and because it's written down in this post it must be true, and because it is true it's not wrong,

I say: Anyone is free to make whatever claim they want. However, they had better be prepared to play the 20 questions game to delve as to why they make those claims. They better be prepared to get bombarded with questions and get interrogated.

You say...

Aliens are waiting for us to figure out how to graduate from barbaric society into a mature one only then they will reveal themselves All the tools have been given and its up to us to get there.

You just made a claim.

I therefore asked questions about said claim.

You say...

Tell you what if you ready to provide some proof or admit you have been a brainwashed tool for believing the bible then I'll finish that story for you.

I say you weren't prepared to get bombarded with questions to backup your claims. Your claim has no solid foundation. So with that in mind, why should anyone believe your claim about the Aliens?

The disproving comes in the form of you are not willing to be questioned. Nothing new there right?

You say...

Here is an original thought from me if you have blind faith you are no longer thinking you just accepting something with 0 proof.

I say: here, did I do my research and ask questions?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=531333715#p531333715
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75028490&f=119&p=507734451#p507734451

Whereas you said...

I don't spend all day doing extensive research on the bible I have better things to do with my time rofl.

So tell me what happens if someone does said research, ask questions, interrogate and then you find all those claims are viable and trustworthy?

Welcome to the Bible.

Gold: 0.00
Apr 22 2023 05:41pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 23 2023 06:46am)

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-reliable.html

Using the same criteria by which we judge other historical works, not only is the Bible reliable, it is more reliable than any other comparable writings. Reliability is a question of truthfulness and accurate copying. Writings that are historically and factually correct and that have been faithfully preserved over time would be considered reliable. Higher levels of historical verification and better confidence in transmission make it easier to determine whether an ancient work is worthy of trust. By those measures, we can consider the Bible reliable.

As is true with any historical work, not every single detail in the Bible can be directly confirmed. The Bible cannot be called unreliable simply because it contains parts which cannot be confirmed or have not yet been confirmed. What’s reasonable is to expect it to be accurate where it can be checked. This is the primary test of reliability, and here the Bible has a stellar track record. Not only have many of its historical details been confirmed, but certain portions that were once in doubt have been verified by later archaeology.

For example, archaeological finds in the 1920s confirmed the presence of cities much like Ur, described in Genesis 11, which some skeptics doubted had existed so early. Engravings discovered in an Egyptian tomb depict the installation of a viceroy in a manner that exactly matches the biblical description of the ceremony involving Joseph (Genesis 41:39–42). Clay tablets dating to 2300 BC have been found in Syria strongly supporting Old Testament stories, vocabulary, and geography. Skeptics doubted the existence of the Hittites (Genesis 15:20; 23:10; 49:29), until a Hittite city, complete with records, was found in Turkey. There are dozens of other Old Testament facts supported by archaeological discovery.

More importantly, no facts presented in the Old or New Testaments have been shown false. This historical reliability is crucial to our trust in other statements made in Scripture.

Even the “miraculous” occurrences of Genesis have evidential basis we can appeal to today. Ancient Babylonian records describe a confusion of language, in accordance with the biblical account of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1–9). These same records describe a worldwide flood, an event present in literally hundreds of forms in cultures all over the world. The sites where Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19) once sat have been found, displaying evidence of fiery and violent destruction. Even the plagues of Egypt and the resulting Exodus (Exodus 12:40–41) have archaeological support.

This trend continues in the New Testament, where the names of various cities, political officials, and events have been repeatedly confirmed by historians and archaeologists. Luke, the writer of that gospel and the book of Acts, has been described as a first-rate historian for his attention to detail and accurate reporting. In both the Old and New Testament writings, the Bible proves reliable wherever it can be checked.

Accurate copying is also an important factor in the Bible’s reliability. New Testament writings were composed within a few decades of the events they describe, far too early for legend or myth to overtake actual history. In fact, the basic framework of the gospel can be dated to a formal creed just a few years after the crucifixion of Jesus, according to Paul’s description in 1 Corinthians 15:3–8. Historians have access to a tremendous number of manuscripts, proving the New Testament was reliably and quickly copied and distributed. This gives ample confidence that what we read today correctly represents the original writing.

The Old Testament, as well, shows all evidence of being reliably transmitted. When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in the 1940s, they were 800 years older than any other available manuscripts. Comparing earlier and later manuscripts showed a meticulous approach to transmission, once again adding to our confidence that what we have today represents the original texts.

Those factors all give objective reasons to consider the Bible reliable. At the same time, it’s critically important to examine those same factors in other texts we use to write our history books. The Bible has more empirical support, a shorter time between original writing and surviving copies, and a greater number of source manuscripts than any other ancient work, by far.

For example, there are 251 copies of the works of Julius Caesar, the earliest from 950 years after he wrote, with no way to know how well those copies represent the originals. There are 109 copies of the works of the historian Herodotus, the earliest from 1,400 years after he wrote. Archaeologists have found 1800+ manuscript copies of the works of Homer, allowing us a 95 percent confidence in the original text.

For the New Testament, there are currently more than 5,000 manuscripts, with most early copies anywhere from 200 to 300 years later, and some less than 100 years later. This gives a better than 99 percent confidence in the contents of the original text.

In short, we not only have objective reasons to claim the Bible is reliable, but we cannot call it unreliable without throwing out almost everything else we know of ancient history. If the Scriptures don’t pass a test for trustworthiness, no records from that era can. The Bible’s reliability is proven in both its historical accuracy and its accurate transmission.

Sources:
Woolley, L., et. al., "Ur," 2001, Encyclopaedia Britannica Online, www.britannica.com/place/Ur
Aling, C., "Joseph in Egypt: Part 4," Bible and Spade, Winter 2003, accessed at https://biblearchaeology.org/patriarchal-era-list/3751-joseph-in-egypt-part-iv
Wilson, C., "Elba: Its Impact on Bible Records," Acts & Facts 6, 1977, accessed at www.icr.org/article/ebla-its-impact-bible-records
Mark, J., "The Hittites," 2018, World History Encyclopedia Online, www.worldhistory.org/hittite
Aling, C., "Cultural Change and the Confusion of Language in Ancient Sumer," Bible and Spade, Winter 2004, accessed at https://biblearchaeology.org/research/chronological-categories/patriarchal-era/2567-cultural-change-and-the-confusion-of-language-in-ancient-sumer
Lorey, F., "The Flood of Noah and the Flood of Gilgamesh," Acts & Facts 26, 1997, accessed at www.icr.org/article/noah-flood-gilgamesh
"The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah," Bible and Spade, Summer 1999, accessed at https://biblearchaeology.org/research/patriarchal-era/2364-the-discovery-of-the-sin-cities-of-sodom-and-gomorrah
Law, S., "Top 10 Artifacts Show Biblical Exodus Was Real History," 2019, https://patternsofevidence.com/2019/06/01/artifacts-show-biblical-exodus
Zukeran, P., "Archaeology and the New Testament," 2000, https://probe.org/archaeology-and-the-new-testament
McDowell, S., "What is the Most Recent Manuscript Count for the New Testament?" 2018, https://seanmcdowell.org/blog/what-is-the-most-recent-manuscript-count-for-the-new-testament
Apr 22 2023 07:44pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 23 2023 08:57am)
wont find anyone that believes that tripe so the meme is a fail, nice job. now that we saw your best stuff we can all go home now.

Hahaha, easiest clap of my life. This is why Christians are pathetic is because they get mad when someone presents the logic that they themselves use and get instantly owned. Nice job Simple Jack.
Gold: 10.08
Apr 22 2023 08:04pm
Didn't know this thread was a thing will have to read some more while a go number 2 more often

tracking

tymen
Apr 22 2023 08:16pm
Quote (SP00K @ Apr 23 2023 10:03am)
1. You think a righteous God condemning reprobates to hell is comparable to human emotions?

2. Roleplay theology

3. See 1

No I think you are too stupid to understand the logical fallacy they are describing and only focusing on the comedic aspects of the meme. Thanks for playing.
Gold: 3.00
Apr 22 2023 08:27pm
Quote (addone @ Apr 22 2023 09:16pm)
No I think you are too stupid to understand the logical fallacy they are describing and only focusing on the comedic aspects of the meme. Thanks for playing.

The logical fallacy of God being more just than man?

I'm not trying to be offensive here but do you have downs

This post was edited by SP00K on Apr 22 2023 08:27pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15455565758307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll