d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1240524062407240824094472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 16 2023 07:15am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (fender @ 16 Mar 2023 21:10)
wait, mohammed bone saw is a killer? oh no! glad you told me, it's not like literally everyone already knows that...

i'm german. i'm a student of history. obviously i'm well aware that western nations have done horrible things in the past (and still do in the present).
however, i don't think that's a good argument to silence criticism - it's rather a motivation to speak out against atrocities, don't you think?
we're not our nation's history. we're individuals. if YOU have not committed or supported such things, you're not a hypocrite for criticising them when they are happening. i think some people get confused about this.

regarding chinese politics: while i agree that eastern asian norms and views can differ greatly from ours, it's not like we don't share some fundamental values and principles: killing people is bad - the chinese do understand that. there is a reason they're going to such lengths to hide / downplay / deny their genocide of uyghurs in xinjiang, why they aren't transparent about their death penalty statistics, why we don't learn what happened to disappeared protesters from HK...

russia is in no legal position to "allow" or "disallow" what happens in international air space. fact is that russia is currently waging an offensive war in ukraine. they are trying to conquer a foreign country.

providing intelligence to help the ukrainian people defend themselves from russian aggression is well justified. it's not like the US is facilitating a ukrainian invasion of russian territory. if that were the case, i would certainly agree with your attempt to portray it as aggression. currently, however, they are merely helping ukraine to fight invaders in their own country - people who came there to kill and conquer them - so why are you acting like it's some kind of violation of russian rights? don't you think context matters?

the fact that many former warsaw pact members asked NATO (not the other way around) to join, because they wanted freedom and protection from their former occupier, does NOT change what i stated in the post you replied to:

in 2022, when russia invaded ukraine again, ukraine had NO realistic pathway to become a part of NATO. that's a fact.

your constant name-calling in combination with your inability to make a coherent argument doesn't reflect favourably on your intelligence btw. lmk when you found a new talking point to justify russia's murdering of innocent people though - i'll happily debunk that as well, junior.

Hi Nincompoop I am from Singapore, I stay in Hong Kong, I was one of the first wave of protestors in 2014 and 2019 protesting against the extradition law. I attended NED's prep talk. Now go guzzle some cum in regards to HK protestors disappearing.

So smart....wanker.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 16 2023 07:16am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 16 2023 07:18am
Quote (fender @ Mar 16 2023 02:10pm)

the fact that many former warsaw pact members asked NATO (not the other way around) to join, because they wanted freedom and protection from their former occupier, does NOT change what i stated in the post you replied to:

in 2022, when russia invaded ukraine again, ukraine had NO realistic pathway to become a part of NATO. that's a fact.

your constant name-calling in combination with your inability to make a coherent argument doesn't reflect favourably on your intelligence btw. lmk when you found a new talking point to justify russia's murdering of innocent people though - i'll happily debunk that as well, junior.

LOL

What YOU are saying doesn't change HISTORY you "progressive" NATO shill

There's no way to refute that

:wallbash:
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 16 2023 07:21am
Quote (fender @ Mar 16 2023 01:10pm)
wait, mohammed bone saw is a killer? oh no! glad you told me, it's not like literally everyone already knows that...

i'm german. i'm a student of history. obviously i'm well aware that western nations have done horrible things in the past (and still do in the present).
however, i don't think that's a good argument to silence criticism - it's rather a motivation to speak out against atrocities, don't you think? - Yes I agree.
we're not our nation's history. we're individuals. if YOU have not committed or supported such things, you're not a hypocrite for criticising them when they are happening. i think some people get confused about this.

regarding chinese politics: while i agree that eastern asian norms and views can differ greatly from ours, it's not like we don't share some fundamental values and principles: killing people is bad - the chinese do understand that. there is a reason they're going to such lengths to hide / downplay / deny their genocide of uyghurs in xinjiang, why they aren't transparent about their death penalty statistics, why we don't learn what happened to disappeared protesters from HK...

russia is in no legal position to "allow" or "disallow" what happens in international air space. fact is that russia is currently waging an offensive war in ukraine. they are trying to conquer a foreign country.

providing intelligence to help the ukrainian people defend themselves from russian aggression is well justified. it's not like the US is facilitating a ukrainian invasion of russian territory. if that were the case, i would certainly agree with your attempt to portray it as aggression. currently, however, they are merely helping ukraine to fight invaders in their own country - people who came there to kill and conquer them - so why are you acting like it's some kind of violation of russian rights? don't you think context matters? - I am not acting as if its a violation of Russia's rights, I am challenging the sensibility of a US military presence so close to its enemy, Russia, will be seen as overtly hostile and provoke a military response from Russia which may result in a war between both countries, which alot of very smart people are saying is looking more and more likely.

in 2022, when russia invaded ukraine again, ukraine had NO realistic pathway to become a part of NATO. that's a fact. <- I had agreed with that.

your constant name-calling in combination with your inability to make a coherent argument doesn't reflect favourably on your intelligence btw. lmk when you found a new talking point to justify russia's murdering of innocent people though - i'll happily debunk that as well, junior. - Personal attacks by you fall in to the same catagory as debating in bad faith, when I have attempted to be reasonable with you. In this regard you lack the ability to change. A common unfortunate trend in our societies.

responded (in bold). If you cannot be civil, that is your problem, not mine.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 16 2023 07:26am
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 16 2023 07:27am
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Mar 2023 21:21)

little twerp wanna talk about Hong Kong and doesn't know two hoots about it. Spreading BS.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 16 2023 07:41am
Quote (Djunior @ 16 Mar 2023 13:55)
You go tell the Russian that promising Ukraine NATO membership is just NATO cracking jokes while this is history and there's no fucking way to spin it differently you moron

https://i.imgur.com/r5pXxaD.jpg

I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you:

Do you know that Ukraine gave up 2000 nukes in exchange of protection from the US, UK, and Russia in a 1994 agreement known as the Budapest Memorandum ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum

Blaming NATO while trying to justify Gulag ?

At a joint press conference in January 2003, Putin responded to a question about Ukraine. “Ukraine is an independent sovereign state, and it will choose its own path to peace and security”

Source: https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/19/putin-russia-ukraine-nato-george-robertson/

==> List of Sovereign States in the World: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

The invasion of Ukraine may also have violated international agreements that Russia is a party to, including:
The 1975 Helsinki Final Act, in which the USSR promised not to violate the "territorial integrity" of other signees, including through the use of force. Russia and Ukraine were both created as a result of the USSR's breakup.
The 1994 Budapest Memorandum, in which Russia, the United States, and the United Kingdom agreed "to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine."
The Minsk Agreements, which are a pair of ceasefire agreements signed by Russia and Ukraine relating to the conflict between those countries that began in 2014

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine

Putin: Soviet collapse a 'genuine tragedy'

U.N Resolution condemning military agression of Ukraine:

Fatality meme:

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 16 2023 07:47am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 16 2023 07:42am
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Mar 2023 14:21)

if you read my post more carefully, you'll see that the last part was a reply to junior, who had just called me a "moron" for pointing out a simple fact (one you agreed with btw) - so maybe direct your criticism at him for once, instead of being mad at me for a response that wasn't even addressed to you...

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 16 Mar 2023 14:15)
Hi Nincompoop I am from Singapore, I stay in Hong Kong, I was one of the first wave of protestors in 2014 and 2019 protesting against the extradition law. I attended NED's prep talk. Now go guzzle some cum in regards to HK protestors disappearing.

So smart....wanker.

i am, once again, puzzled by what you're trying to tell me - apart from thinking i'm a "nincompoop" (cute, coming from you of all people - completely missing the context of my post but seeing red over HK), want me to "guzzle some cum" (is that a singaporean thing?) and calling me a "wanker" - words that if i used them would certainly trigger ferdia - but apparently double standards are just the norm in this thread.

in terms of topic related statements you unfortunately fail to deliver anything of note, even though in between the lines you seem to support my statement that the chinese do know that killing people is bad - so cheers for that i guess...

This post was edited by fender on Mar 16 2023 08:10am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 16 2023 08:31am
Kremlin thinks Western sanctions have 'insured' the country against the banking crisis
https://www.businessinsider.com/svb-bank-crisis-russia-western-sanctions-insures-fallout-us-ukraine-2023-3

What to say ? "Brrrrrrrrrrrr" ? :rofl:
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 16 2023 09:40am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 16 2023 02:41pm)
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you:

Do you know that Ukraine gave up 2000 nukes in exchange of protection from the US, UK, and Russia in a 1994 agreement known as the Budapest Memorandum ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum

Blaming NATO while trying to justify Gulag ?

At a joint press conference in January 2003, Putin responded to a question about Ukraine. “Ukraine is an independent sovereign state, and it will choose its own path to peace and security”

Source: https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/19/putin-russia-ukraine-nato-george-robertson/

==> List of Sovereign States in the World: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

The invasion of Ukraine may also have violated international agreements that Russia is a party to, including:
The 1975 Helsinki Final Act, in which the USSR promised not to violate the "territorial integrity" of other signees, including through the use of force. Russia and Ukraine were both created as a result of the USSR's breakup.
The 1994 Budapest Memorandum, in which Russia, the United States, and the United Kingdom agreed "to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine."
The Minsk Agreements, which are a pair of ceasefire agreements signed by Russia and Ukraine relating to the conflict between those countries that began in 2014

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIH4SpaC2v0

Putin: Soviet collapse a 'genuine tragedy'

https://i.ibb.co/1rFhx1y/image.png

U.N Resolution condemning military agression of Ukraine:

https://i.imgur.com/615iIkD.jpg

Fatality meme:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/419/309/bf6.png

Let me point it out to you once again:

Ongoing NATO expansion East is a fact.

NATO has repeatedly stated that it wants Ukraine to become a NATO member, this is a fact.

Ukrainian NATO membership is not acceptable for Russia, we all know why, it's a fact.

Now there's a war going on and you know why. That you believe that it's all Russia's fault because Russia bad makes no difference at all, Russia does not back down, sanctions have hurt EU much more than they hurt Russia, a huge number of Ukrainians are dead or seriously wounded and so on.

This is all factual and correct information and no matter what you post it's not going to change that. You can scream Russia bad all you want it just shows how mad you are.

/
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 16 2023 09:59am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 16 2023 04:40pm)
Let me point it out to you once again:

Ongoing NATO expansion East is a fact.

NATO has repeatedly stated that it wants Ukraine to become a NATO member, this is a fact.

Ukrainian NATO membership is not acceptable for Russia, we all know why, it's a fact.

Now there's a war going on and you know why. That you believe that it's all Russia's fault because Russia bad makes no difference at all, Russia does not back down, sanctions have hurt EU much more than they hurt Russia, a huge number of Ukrainians are dead or seriously wounded and so on.

This is all factual and correct information and no matter what you post it's not going to change that. You can scream Russia bad all you want it just shows how mad you are.

/

Okay one more try:

No! Russia wants go back USSR and will conquer and enslave poland, germany and all the rest of the world too if we dont stop those Monsters! It has nothing to do with nato or the biggest gas reservoir of Europe!

This post was edited by Bananii on Mar 16 2023 10:00am
Gold: 281.64
Mar 16 2023 10:06am
Quote (vladik125rus @ 25 Jan 2022 02:37)
That's all, American propaganda, there is no invasion and there won't be.

Monthly reminder that you said this
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1240524062407240824094472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll