d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11661671681691704491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 14 2022 05:28am
Quote (Lebanon961 @ Mar 14 2022 03:30am)
This is not true :)
It makes sense for the US to find a use for their defeated Jihadi lapdogs from Syria in this war, they already have a grudge against Russia anyway. Highly doubtful the numbers are anything close to 16k.
Iran however, is not Russia's lapdog, and the pro Iran fighters have enough on their plate already. There might a few who go, but not in meaningful numbers.

Syrian fighters don't have enough on their plate already, they earn dick all in Syria and Russia is offering to pay them nearly 10x the average weekly salary to fight. As long as Russia pays them, Russia will have a stream of fighters.
The bigger question now is how America will respond when US citizens start inevitably getting killed fighting Russians.

Now look at it from the perspective of the Ukrainians. Getting captured by Russians is bad enough, but getting captured by Chechen or Syrian mercenaries? Nazis sure had better choices, hell we shipped them off to Iowa to work on farms, lay roots, join communities, get married and fuck our daughters

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 14 2022 03:10am)
I wonder how long it will take until some of these Syrians and Iranians use the wide-open borders to move into the EU and apply for asylum... *sigh*

Galaxy brain plan: Syrians elect to go to Ukraine as mercenaries, then defect and apply for asylum to the west and when asked why a Syrian is in Ukraine during the war, they simply answer that they are Ukrainian and you are being racist for assuming otherwise.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 14 2022 05:32am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 14 2022 05:40am
Quote (Djunior @ 14 Mar 2022 11:23)
Why don't you shits expand the EU all the way to China's borders, imagine the major war you can enjoy wouldn't it be wonderful.

Just follow the same tactics you've employed in Ukraine like offering them trade deals, pay their outstanding gas bills worth several billion, wave EU flags on main city square in the capital etc.

Inb4 all countries on China's border are free sovereign nations that can decide for themselves if they want to join the EU and NATO

a wild straw man merchant appeared. what are you even on about? ukraine still isn't in the EU, no matter how often you repeat that uneducated claim, and i personally have repeatedly stated in this very forum that i was (and still am) against the EU's eastern expansions, including the likes of poland, hungary, romania, bulgaria... that obviously includes ukraine. i get that people are emotional right now, and tend to favour every conceivable way of protecting them against russian aggression, but the EU is first and foremost an economic / political union, not a military one - and ukraine would have been yet another massive financial sinkhole.

nothing you say here makes any sense. but hey, what can i expect from someone who thinks "casus belli" means "beautiful cause", lol...

Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 14 Mar 2022 11:34)
fenderp has no standpoint on anything, its just attacking people in bad faith

thats german political culture for you, it does not matter, what you say, its who says it

i mean we are still waiting for trump to start ww3 and turn the united states into a hitler style dictatorship among other ridiculous bullshit, but he attacks people for thinking that the ukraine invasion was unlikely (we know by now that even russian officers were caught by suprise)

gotta love these dudes who celebrate getting 1 thing out of a 100 right even when that "1" is just a braindead mainstream media repitition

#alternative facts

nice attempt to spin and lie yourself out of your propaganda history here, ampootin. while it's true that most people (that includes myself btw) considered an actual, full blown war as unlikely, that's not the issue here. the smarter people amongst us (to which you clearly do NOT belong) pointed out that the prolonged presence of a large russian military force strategically located around the ukrainian border was a serious and credible threat at the very least, and that pootin had made similar moves before (not just during his 2014 invasion of the same fucking country, but also in georgia, 2008).

meanwhile propaganda victims like yourself not only pushed the ridiculous "it's all a western conspiracy" narrative, but also uncritically repeated literally every single lie and misrepresentation coming out of the kremlin, performing the most ridiculous mental gymnastics in order to agree with pootin: your post acting like pootin's announcements to retreat some of the troops was PROOF of that, your (highly ironic, given your own political views and party) support of the "de-nazification of ukraine" narrative, are here for everyone to see, so your dishonest attempt to re-frame all of that as merely having said "it's unlikely", is some serious revisionist history.

again, do yourself a favour and just stfu, propaganda bot.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 14 2022 05:42am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 14 2022 05:46am
so the russian invasion is justified?
Gold: 751.50
Mar 14 2022 06:13am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 14 2022 12:28pm)
Syrian fighters don't have enough on their plate already, they earn dick all in Syria and Russia is offering to pay them nearly 10x the average weekly salary to fight. As long as Russia pays them, Russia will have a stream of fighters.
The bigger question now is how America will respond when US citizens start inevitably getting killed fighting Russians.

Now look at it from the perspective of the Ukrainians. Getting captured by Russians is bad enough, but getting captured by Chechen or Syrian mercenaries? Nazis sure had better choices, hell we shipped them off to Iowa to work on farms, lay roots, join communities, get married and fuck our daughters

Galaxy brain plan: Syrians elect to go to Ukraine as mercenaries, then defect and apply for asylum to the west and when asked why a Syrian is in Ukraine during the war, they simply answer that they are Ukrainian and you are being racist for assuming otherwise.

no, these guys have studied in ukraine despite speaking absolutely no russian/ukranian or even english ^_^

Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 14 2022 06:32am
Quote (fender @ Mar 14 2022 12:40pm)
a wild straw man merchant appeared. what are you even on about? ukraine still isn't in the EU, no matter how often you repeat that uneducated claim, and i personally have repeatedly stated in this very forum that i was (and still am) against the EU's eastern expansions, including the likes of poland, hungary, romania, bulgaria... that obviously includes ukraine. i get that people are emotional right now, and tend to favour every conceivable way of protecting them against russian aggression, but the EU is first and foremost an economic / political union, not a military one - and ukraine would have been yet another massive financial sinkhole.

nothing you say here makes any sense. but hey, what can i expect from someone who thinks "casus belli" means "beautiful cause", lol...

You're completely clueless, lol.

NATO promised Ukraine and Georgia membership in the foreseeable future during the 2008 Bucharest summit.

EU approached Ukraine with trade deals and the European Union–Ukraine Association Agreement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union%E2%80%93Ukraine_Association_Agreement

You should note that the previous iteration of the above agreement sparked the Euromaidan crisis and overthrew the Ukrainian president.

You have no idea what you're talking about, lol.
Gold: 26,669.00
Mar 14 2022 06:48am
Ukraine is not part of the EU, but has/had alot of aspirations re: EU & Nato. Which is why Russia is, quite literally, up in arms about it. I would argue that there is no such thing as s justified war and certainly Russia invading Ukraine seen any which way, is not justified, but rather inevitable.

Quote (Djunior @ Mar 14 2022 12:32pm)

NATO promised Ukraine and Georgia membership in the foreseeable future during the 2008 Bucharest summit.

EU approached Ukraine with trade deals and the European Union–Ukraine Association Agreement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union%E2%80%93Ukraine_Association_Agreement

You should note that the previous iteration of the above agreement sparked the Euromaidan crisis and overthrew the Ukrainian president.

further to the above ~ (wiki'd)

The Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Areas (DCFTA) are three free trade areas established between the European Union, and Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine respectively. The DCFTAs are part of each country's EU Association Agreement. They allow Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine access to the European Single Market in selected sectors and grant EU investors in those sectors the same regulatory environment in the associated country as in the EU.[1] The agreements with Moldova and Georgia have been ratified and officially entered into force in July 2016, although parts of them were already provisionally applied. The agreement with Ukraine was provisionally applied since 1 January 2016 and formally entered into force on 1 September 2017.

Unlike standard free trade areas, the DCFTA is aimed to offer the associated country the "four freedoms" of the EU Single Market: free movement of goods, services, capital, and people. Movement of people however, is in form of visa-free regime for short stay travel, while movement of workers remains within the remit of the EU Member States.[2] The DCFTA is an "example of the integration of a Non-EEA-Member into the EU Single Market".[3]

The European Parliament passed a resolution in 2014 stating that "pursuant to Article 49 of the Treaty on European Union, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine - like any other European state - have a European perspective and may apply to become members of the Union provided that they adhere to the principles of democracy, respect fundamental freedoms and human and minority rights and ensure the rule of law", thus formally recognizing the possibility of a future EU membership of the three countries.[4]

Mar 14 2022 06:48am
Quote (Djunior @ 14 Mar 2022 13:32)

You have no idea what you're talking about, lol.

association is not the same as membership. the EU doing something does not mean i support it. let me know if you need other basic stuff explained. this one was quick and easy.
Gold: 26,669.00
Mar 14 2022 06:55am
Quote (fender @ Mar 14 2022 12:48pm)
association is not the same as membership. the EU doing something does not mean i support it. let me know if you need other basic stuff explained. this one was quick and easy.

you are good at writing, but i dont see what you explained. What was the question and how did you answer it ? this one should be quick and easy for you.

also more news around the world

(this headline is on alot of sites) ~ US warns China will face consequences if it helps Russia evade Ukraine war sanctions
(this headline also on alot of sites) - Russia strikes Kyiv flats as talks resume

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 14 2022 06:58am
Mar 14 2022 06:57am
Quote (ferdia @ 14 Mar 2022 13:48)
Ukraine is not part of the EU, but has/had alot of aspirations re: EU & Nato. Which is why Russia is, quite literally, up in arms about it. ^banami I would argue that there is no such thing as s justified war and certainly Russia invading Ukraine seen any which way, is not justified, but rather inevitable.

further to the above ~ (wiki'd)

The Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Areas (DCFTA) are three free trade areas established between the European Union, and Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine respectively. The DCFTAs are part of each country's EU Association Agreement. They allow Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine access to the European Single Market in selected sectors and grant EU investors in those sectors the same regulatory environment in the associated country as in the EU.[1] The agreements with Moldova and Georgia have been ratified and officially entered into force in July 2016, although parts of them were already provisionally applied. The agreement with Ukraine was provisionally applied since 1 January 2016 and formally entered into force on 1 September 2017.

Unlike standard free trade areas, the DCFTA is aimed to offer the associated country the "four freedoms" of the EU Single Market: free movement of goods, services, capital, and people. Movement of people however, is in form of visa-free regime for short stay travel, while movement of workers remains within the remit of the EU Member States.[2] The DCFTA is an "example of the integration of a Non-EEA-Member into the EU Single Market".[3]

The European Parliament passed a resolution in 2014 stating that "pursuant to Article 49 of the Treaty on European Union, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine - like any other European state - have a European perspective and may apply to become members of the Union provided that they adhere to the principles of democracy, respect fundamental freedoms and human and minority rights and ensure the rule of law", thus formally recognizing the possibility of a future EU membership of the three countries.[4]

the same "logic" that claims women dressing nicely makes rape "inevitable" - it's factually wrong, morally reprehensible, and outright stupid.

if anything, russia's history of aggression towards its neighbours makes their looking for protection "inevitable", you're putting the cart before the horse there...
Mar 14 2022 07:05am
Quote (ferdia @ 14 Mar 2022 13:55)
you are good at writing, but i dont see what you explained. What was the question and how did you answer it ? this one should be quick and easy for you.

an explanation does not require a question. let me know if you need more basic stuff explained.

i saw someone trying (and failing) to make an argument based on erroneous assumptions, so i explained some relevant basic facts. how did you manage to not get that, lol?

fender: ukraine still isn't in the EU
djunior: look at this association agreement
fender: association is not the same as membership
ferdia: wHaT diD yUo eXpLaiN?!

This post was edited by fender on Mar 14 2022 07:05am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11661671681691704491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll