d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev198991001011024498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 5 2022 11:16pm
Quote (WiziLiCe @ 6 Mar 2022 06:00)
I guess you're right. I just don't feel comfortable in justifying Zelensky's calls when you'd hope the goal would be to spare as many innocent lives as possible. Putin's decision is utterly condemnable, however, bad actors are not mutually exclusive (and there are mutiple in this one). Conflicts of this nature are most regrettable. On one side you are fighting to defend your sovereignty, on the other you are entangled (as pawns mind you) in a politician-made conflict. - A conflict were you risk much and gain none.

Sparing as many innocent lives as possible would require Zelensky to surrender unconditionally. It would be the ultimate form of trading away liberty to gain a little bit of safety. That's not really an option. On the other hand, using droves of civilians as cannon-fodder in a hopeless war is not an acceptable course of action either, so where do we draw the line? Letting volunteers fight and risk their lives to protect their homeland is probably the healthy middle ground. Zelensky outright encouraging his people to become combatants is reckless though and imho crosses a line. But he's in an absolutely desperate situation, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 5 2022 11:18pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 5 2022 11:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 08:45pm)
Yes?! Seriously, what do you think will happen once this 60 km long military convoy arrives in Kyiv? There's only two outcomes: surrender or overwhelming force. I just disagree with your notion that the Russians are not interested in conquering. Mariupol and Kharkiv aren't suitable counterexamples due to their utmost geographic importance for Russia.

When I said the Russians have been holding back so far, this was not meant in a judgemental sense. ("Look, the Russians are not as evil as the dastardly western propaganda made them out to be" - it was NOT my intention to imply anything like that.)
And yes, I'm afraid that the Russians will soon unleash hell on Ukrainian cities across the country in an attempt at breaking their will to resist.

Will this convoy even arrive? The Russians have suffered some serious logistical setbacks. This can be corrected of course but that's going to cost time and money. As I've said before, Russia can continue throwing troops into the meat grinder and they'll probably win by doing so. However, it's a delicate situation for them because killing too many civilians could evoke a military response.

If Russia is going to massacre the remaining people in Kiev, then that's no different than detonating a nuclear weapon tbh. The West will respond with harsher economic consequences and may get involved militarily with limited strikes if things get out of hand with the civilian casualties. What's Putin going to do? Fight ANOTHER war that he can't afford? He's not in a position where he can continue escalating.
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 6 2022 02:35am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 5 2022 11:16pm)
Sparing as many innocent lives as possible would require Zelensky to surrender unconditionally. It would be the ultimate form of trading away liberty to gain a little bit of safety. That's not really an option. On the other hand, using droves of civilians as cannon-fodder in a hopeless war is not an acceptable course of action either, so where do we draw the line? Letting volunteers fight and risk their lives to protect their homeland is probably the healthy middle ground. Zelensky outright encouraging his people to become combatants is reckless though and imho crosses a line. But he's in an absolutely desperate situation, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Russia is going to win. Ukraine was in Russias sphere of influence for all but 8 of the past 100 years. It only left by a coup that overthrew the democratically elected government and split the country. Why was returning bloodlessly and minimizing harm not an option? The end result is the same. The difference is a piles of rubble on top of the bodies. And a new cold war. All the risks of armageddon, civil repression, paranoia, tolerance for war crimes by regressive allies. How many casualties, refugees and burnt out cities do we need to arrive at the same end point?
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 6 2022 03:49am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 6 2022 12:35am)
Russia is going to win. Ukraine was in Russias sphere of influence for all but 8 of the past 100 years. It only left by a coup that overthrew the democratically elected government and split the country. Why was returning bloodlessly and minimizing harm not an option? The end result is the same. The difference is a piles of rubble on top of the bodies. And a new cold war. All the risks of armageddon, civil repression, paranoia, tolerance for war crimes by regressive allies. How many casualties, refugees and burnt out cities do we need to arrive at the same end point?

Times change and history is full of examples where allies become enemies and enemies become allies. Many Ukrainians WANT to move towards the EU instead of Russia and if they want to die for it, that's on them. While there are many examples of "the big guy" winning, there are also plenty of stories throughout history where the underdog won. If everyone just gave up in order to avoid conflict because defeat appeared inevitable, then the world would look very different. There would be no America, no South Korea, no Trump as President in 2016, etc.

There's also merit to making the price high enough to deter your foes. If this conflict ends up costing Russia tens of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars of wealth, maybe we'll have a more stable world because the cost of invasion is too high in terms of gold and blood.
Gold: 63.70
Mar 6 2022 04:07am
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 6 2022 04:18am)
What does that even mean? They aren't committing as many war crimes as they can? They haven't used nuclear weapons? Congratulations I guess....

so i assume you know that the U.S overthrew Ukraine in 2014, and were caught via leaked phone calls that the state department was discussing what president to install
trained neo nazi forces control eastern ukraine and have been terrorizing the citizens since 2014, you know all this yes ?
and U.S has been funding ukraine to start fights with Russia on the border, im sure you know all of this right ?
that is why russia is not overtaking the entire country , they are attempting to take out these neo nazi groups, and trying to negotiate with the government and the real army

This video claims Russia has returned to the Gold Standard
https://twitter.com/lizzie59293400/status/1499338955048820736

This post was edited by darkhead69 on Mar 6 2022 04:35am
Mar 6 2022 04:53am
I wonde rhow the new global financial system will work, and if it will involve gold and btc or just one or the other

This post was edited by darkhead69 on Mar 6 2022 05:02am
Mar 6 2022 05:48am
Gold: 286.37
Mar 6 2022 06:54am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 6 2022 03:35am)

lf we prioritized lives at any cost the majority of the world would be under one form of imperial rule or another. A majority of Ukrainians don't want to be lackeys to a failing petrostate. The only way to avoid that is to fight. When the costs of invasion are made to be prohibitively high, we end up in an ultimately more peaceful world.

Can you imagine what a mistake it would be if this invasion went off without a hitch, and China drew the conclusion that Taiwan was similarly within reach? We'll all by dying on the beaches of Okinawa.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 6 2022 07:16am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 6 2022 12:16am)

I don't think that would spare lives to be honest. It would just give the Russian's more motivation to steal food and rape women with nobody defending them.

They have been sent to conquer a country and they've been sent with no food, meaning their express orders are to pillage their way through.

I vehemently disagree. They should not surrender, go to ghettos and wait to be purged.

What do you think would happen is Russia wins? The Complete Raping of Ukraine. I wouldn't surrender knowing that an enemy soldier was going to murder me, rape my wife and daughter, and life in my house. That isn't the way to spare innocent lives.

The only way to spare innocent lives is for Putin to withdraw. That is it. Ukrainian lives in a Russian Ukraine aren't saved, they are slaves.

Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 6 2022 03:35am)

Russia is not going to win this. Putin signed his own death warrant. Russia has no ability to feed an army and an army fights on its stomach.

Your devotion to these authoritarian dickheads clouds your judgement. Your ideas that countries cannot become free contradicts the actual society that produced you.

Putin is so desperate he is talking about nuclear options that will never come to be. He is not grounded in any sort of reality now. I'm actually thinking HE REALLY BELIEVED there were NAZIS in ukraine committing genocide. Putin employs actual Nazi paramilitaries though in the form of the Wagner Group, who you have to have some sort of SS tattoo to be a part of. He sent in this guys to kill Zelensky. This is a guy who sent assassins to kill another head of state. He has survived three attempts against these guys.

Putin is a war criminal, relations with him will never be normalized while he is in power, the Russian economy is the worse it has been since the fucking Tsars, his army is falling apart. His plan has ruined Russia and cursed his people for many years after he is dead.

You're cheering on rapists and executioners of civilians. I should honestly come over to your house, beat the shit out of you, take your things, and watch you defend my actions.

The idea that a guy can win one election and sign over his country to someone is absurd like you are claiming Yanukovych should have been able to do lol. That is actual treason. If he was someone they wanted he wouldn't have had to actually flee the country as a criminal. He is kind of like Trump tbh so I can see why you like him.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 6 2022 07:26am
Gold: 31,019.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 6 2022 07:19am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 6 2022 01:16pm)
they've been sent with no food

where can i read about this ?

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev198991001011024498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll