d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev19899100101102173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.93
Apr 21 2019 03:39pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 22 2019 01:50am)
There's literally nothing in the report that someone can point to as evidence of conspiracy. If Mueller had evidence of it, he would've included it in the report. People need to accept that.... the idea that the Trump team managed to keep hidden some conspiracy from 2.5 years of FBI scrutiny is laughable.

If there is only one witness who will not talk the FBI could investigate for a million years and find nothing.
I just highly doubt Kushner acted without trumps awareness.
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 21 2019 08:35pm

Gold: 2,195.46
Apr 21 2019 08:43pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 21 2019 09:58pm
Quote (Jupe @ 21 Apr 2019 22:43)

jupe using shapiro meme. based
Apr 22 2019 02:21pm

Gold: 14.88
Apr 22 2019 03:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 21 2019 07:20am)
His bullshit "total exoneration" talking point didn't work outside of Fox News.

Which is funny since it was announced with the Barr Summary that the Mueller Report did not exonerate, that call was made by Barr and Rosenstein.

Now tards act like it's a brand new talking point when we specifically saw the portion on quoted not exonerating on obstruction like a month ago.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 22 2019 03:20pm
A great article making a very good and convincing point on what is the truly worrisome thing uncovered by the Mueller report:
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/another-warning-sign-2/

As Mueller’s report demonstrates, the willingness of his subordinates to be insubordinate has generally served Trump well, because his own judgement is often so shockingly bad that almost anyone else’s judgment (including that of some very shady characters) would be better. That willingness to ignore or contradict the president seems to have averted some criminal acts that might have endangered his presidency. And it has likely saved us from other dark fates.

But this can only reassure us up to a point, for two major reasons. First, this kind of behavior is a deformation of the logic of our constitutional system. [...] the simple fact that only one person is elected by the voting public to exercise the power of the presidency mean that the president is responsible for the executive branch. The various people who populate executive positions are his agents. He has authority over them, and responsibility for their actions. We can’t take comfort from the existence of a body of appointed officials who will ignore the president’s orders when they see fit. Who are these people? Who gave them the power to do this? Why should we trust them? And what recourse do we have for holding them accountable?

And second, this approach to dealing with the president’s poor judgment would not work well in a crisis. Dealing with crises is one of the most important functions of the modern president. It is one important reason why we need a single official in charge of the executive power of the government, who can make the toughest decisions in moments of greatest pressure and stress. In such moments, it is important that everybody understand the chain of command, that people are willing to execute decisions they might not have made themselves, and that the people involved trust the process—which ultimately means they have to trust the decision maker. The window Mueller has given us into the workings of this administration offer us one more reason to think that our government is not ready for a serious crisis, and that its upper reaches might crumple in an emergency.

It is not hard to see why Trump’s senior staff treat him as they do. They understand better than any of us that his distinct disabilities as a decision maker have to be accommodated in some extraordinary ways to prevent them from exacting terrible costs. But these extraordinary accommodations are unlikely to be sustainable in truly extraordinary circumstances. We can hope that the country is lucky enough to avoid a serious crisis of some kind that requires a functional emergency-management response under time pressure.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 22 2019 03:21pm
Gold: 475.46
Apr 22 2019 03:47pm
Lets just let him run it out and then he will go away and die off in obscurity as god intended.

Trump will go down as the worst president in the history of the human species.

Sorry not sorry!
Apr 22 2019 04:16pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 22 2019 05:20pm)
A great article making a very good and convincing point on what is the truly worrisome thing uncovered by the Mueller report:
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/another-warning-sign-2/

I think you'll find (assuming all the facts were laid bare), that this kind of thing goes on in most presidencies. I doubt there really is any iron clad method of insuring that every subordinate, absolutely follows orders... down to and including the lowest private in the military.

I think that expecting one man, any man to always make the best decision in all cases, is a pipe dream.

I also think that this is merely more 'detract from the results of the report' play by the left. The left is desperate to find ANYthing they can use to impeach Trump. All their plans hang on this one item.
The left has 20 candidates running at this time, and none of them seem to have a workable platform. I think they put all their eggs in the impeach basket and are now struggling to show cause for impeachment, when the report failed to do so.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 22 2019 04:19pm
Quote (Ghot @ 22 Apr 2019 23:16)
I think you'll find (assuming all the facts were laid bare), that this kind of thing goes on in most presidencies. I doubt there really is any iron clad method of insuring that every subordinate, absolutely follows orders... down to and including the lowest private in the military.

I think that expecting one man, any man to always make the best decision in all cases, is a pipe dream.

I also think that this is merely more 'detract from the results of the report' play by the left. The left is desperate to find ANYthing they can use to impeach Trump. All their plans hang on this one item.
The left has 20 candidates running at this time, and none of them seem to have a workable platform. I think they put all their eggs in the impeach basket and are now struggling to show cause for impeachment, when the report failed to do so.

How's your reading of the report ? Bueheheh
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19899100101102173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll