d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev17374757677445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Nov 16 2017 03:06pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Nov 16 2017 04:58pm)
Ooops, looks like that secret informant was a lobbyist for russia.

Oops, forgot a link. :/
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 16 2017 03:10pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 16 2017 03:22pm)
Let me make is really easy for you.

Let's say you were signing a loan agreement, but only parts of it were accurate. Would you sign it? Ofc not.
Yet you don't seem to be able to use this same insight with the dossier.

If part of the dossier is BS, they you can't trust any of it.

You can cut that anyways you like, but it won't change the fact that unless it's all accurate, ya just can't trust it.

Apples and oranges.

Clearly you didn't read the article I posted. Let me make this easy for you:

So how should we unpack the so-called Steele dossier from an intelligence perspective?

I spent almost thirty years producing what CIA calls “raw reporting” from human agents. At heart, this is what Orbis did. They were not producing finished analysis, but were passing on to a client distilled reporting that they had obtained in response to specific questions. The difference is crucial, for it is the one that American journalists routinely fail to understand. When disseminating a raw intelligence report, an intelligence agency is not vouching for the accuracy of the information provided by the report’s sources and/or subsources. Rather it is claiming that it has made strenuous efforts to validate that it is reporting accurately what the sources/subsources claim has happened. The onus for sorting out the veracity and for putting the reporting in context against other reporting – which may confirm or deny the new report – rests with the intelligence community’s professional analytic cadre. In the case of the dossier, Orbis was not saying that everything that it reported was accurate, but that it had made a good-faith effort to pass along faithfully what its identified insiders said was accurate. This is routine in the intelligence business. And this form of reporting is often a critical product in putting together more final intelligence assessments.

In this sense, the so-called Steele dossier is not a dossier at all. A dossier suggests a summary or case history. Mr. Steele’s product is not a report delivered with a bow at the end of an investigation. Instead, it is a series of contemporaneous raw reports that do not have the benefit of hindsight. Among the unnamed sources are “a senior Russian foreign ministry official,” “a former top-level intelligence officer still active inside the Kremlin,” and “a close associate of Republican U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump.” Thus, the reports are not an attempt to connect the dots, but instead an effort to uncover new and potentially relevant dots in the first place.
Gold: 22,720.48
Gold: 22,164.69
Nov 16 2017 03:14pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Nov 16 2017 02:58pm)
Ooops, looks like that secret informant was a lobbyist for russia.

Of course he was, how the fuck could he be an informant inside Rosatom if he wasn't working with Rosatom?
Whats next, the revelation that James Damore worked for google, and Deep Throat has links to the US government? :wallbash:

This post was edited by Goomshill on Nov 16 2017 03:15pm
Nov 16 2017 03:17pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Nov 16 2017 05:10pm)

Campbell countered those who dismiss his knowledge of the Uranium One deal. “I have worked with the Justice Department undercover for several years, and documentation relating to Uranium One and political influence does exist and I have it,” Campbell said. He declined to give details of those documents.

Reuters was unable to learn when the closed-door testimony has been scheduled.

Trump asked that a Justice Department gag order on Campbell stemming from the bribery case be lifted so that he can testify to congressional investigators, White House officials said.

The Justice Department has partially lifted that gag order.

Although this article is new...the things I've bolded are already known from other reuters articles that have already been posted.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 22 2017 05:29pm
Some new awesome stuff is incoming

chronological order;

Kushner Worried Mueller's Probe Would 'Get' President Trump
http://www.newsweek.com/kushner-worried-muellers-probe-would-get-president-trump-719186

Jared Kushner Urged Trump to Fire FBI Director James Comey, Reports Say
http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-urged-trump-fire-fbi-director-james-comey-719340

Donald Trump Wants Ivanka and Jared Kushner To Move Back Home To NYC *
http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-and-jared-kushner-leave-washington-new-york-720364
*Because he's pissed off by the poor advices of his son-in-law, or affraid.

So all that means the investigation is far from being closed...*

*it smells like fir tree (research needed but i can give the full explanation if asked)

addendum
http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-wants-jared-kushner-and-ivanka-to-go-back-to-new-york-2017-11

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Nov 22 2017 05:45pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 1 2017 08:46am
Looks like Mike Flynn has cut a plea deal with Bob Mueller, for "making false statements". This is a far lesser charge than what the evidence they currently have against him could bring. This is almost a guarantee that Flynn has agreed to help Mueller in his investigation (there's no way Mueller would otherwise agree to cut a deal like this when they had Flynn dead to rights on so much more).

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-flynn-to-plead-guilty-to-lying-to-fbi-1512138216-htmlstory.html

This post was edited by Surfpunk on Dec 1 2017 08:47am
Dec 1 2017 08:56am
Note: At Flynn's level, the only bigger fish are POTUS and VPOTUS. I don't see Mueller making this deal for someone *at* Flynn's level, unless there were multiple. And the only one at Flynn's level in this investigation is AG Sessions.
Dec 1 2017 02:25pm
Flynn pleads guilty on Russia, reportedly ready to testify against Trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/flynn-pleads-guilty-on-russia-reportedly-ready-to-testify-against-trump-idUSKBN1DV50N

ABC News cited a confidant as saying Flynn was ready to testify that Trump directed him to make contact with Russians before he became president, initially as a way to work together to fight the Islamic State group in Syria.

If Flynn testifies that before taking office Trump directed him to contact Russian officials, that might not necessarily amount to a crime.

Interesting story, but I don't think it will amount to much. I'm sure that trump was talking to Russia, and many other countries. But I doubt it was about hacking the election in Trump's favor.

/e Senate intel panel's top Democrat: Lawmakers will want talk to Kushner again

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-panel/senate-intel-panels-top-democrat-lawmakers-will-want-talk-to-kushner-again-idUSKBN1DV5S5

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 1 2017 02:29pm
Dec 1 2017 04:15pm
Since we're copy/pasting Reuters articles, lets not stop there:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-flynn-nuclear-exclusive/exclusive-mideast-nuclear-plan-backers-bragged-of-support-of-top-trump-aide-flynn-idUSKBN1DV5Z6?il=0

Backers of a U.S.-Russian plan to build nuclear reactors across the Middle East bragged after the U.S. election they had backing from Donald Trump’s national security adviser Michael Flynn for a project that required lifting sanctions on Russia, documents reviewed by Reuters show.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17374757677445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll