d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev167891022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 5 2024 04:56pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 5 2024 03:25pm)
It is informed by the results of the Miller-Urey Experiments that showed that organic molecules needed for the formation of complex life could originate from inorganic materials. We've also found components of RNA on asteroids (Ryugu).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

https://www.astronomy.com/science/asteroid-ryugu-samples-found-to-contain-uracil-a-key-component-of-rna/

been ages since i hear someone use the miller/urey experiment as an argument that i had forgotten about it. what i remember is after the process they separate out the useful bits then count it as viable. if it wasnt artificially removed from the process it would go back through the process in a cycle of being made and then being broke down again. even after all that you going to belive this stuff is going to randomly organize itself into something use full? then be read, then also have the nano machines on hand to carry out instructions??
actual science has crushed any notion of abiogenesis thats why the new narrative is now panspermia

scripture says God made made man from the dust of the ground. that you find components only verifies scripture.

how its on asteroids? perhaps?
( i cant find a short vid for this example at the moment) @4:28
Gold: 16,514.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2024 04:58pm
'noah's flood' :rofl:
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 5 2024 04:59pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 5 2024 01:08pm)
Indeed we do and that's a better description then I can give hands down.

Swami Vivekananda was an atheist through and through until he studied most world religions and he had a slightly different view on atheist/atheism.

He is an atheist who does not believe in himself. The old religions said that he was an atheist who did not believe in God. The new religion says that he is the atheist who does not believe in himself.

The people say, “Do you believe in God? Do you believe in a future life? Do you believe in this doctrine or that dogma?” But here the base is wanting: this belief in oneself. Ay, the man who cannot believe in himself, how can they expect him to believe in anything else? I am not sure of my own existence. One moment I think that I am existing and nothing can destroy me; the next moment I am quaking in fear of death.

Wow, you really have gone full-monk. Sounds like bhakti yoga.

Humility is definitely a good thing in this world.
Gold: 1.66
Apr 5 2024 05:01pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 5 2024 03:56pm)
been ages since i hear someone use the miller/urey experiment as an argument that i had forgotten about it. what i remember is after the process they separate out the useful bits then count it as viable. if it wasnt artificially removed from the process it would go back through the process in a cycle of being made and then being broke down again. even after all that you going to belive this stuff is going to randomly organize itself into something use full? then be read, then also have the nano machines on hand to carry out instructions??
actual science has crushed any notion of abiogenesis thats why the new narrative is now panspermia

scripture says God made made man from the dust of the ground. that you find components only verifies scripture.

how its on asteroids? perhaps?
( i cant find a short vid for this example at the moment) @4:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5-dHxOQhg

We don't have a complete understanding of abiogenisis, and the logical conclusion at this time is to accept it as a limitation of our understanding. Religion, however, purports to know more than this current understanding but in a way that is ascientific.
Apr 5 2024 05:02pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 5 2024 03:17pm)
I was making more of a generalization my bad! I don't know scripture as well as you by a long shot :wallbash:

And you are right about the boasting! In my youth I carried an arrogance or disdain for my own religion and was "not punished necessarily" but God made me aware of those errors which allowed me to correct myself.

Even though in my heart I knew that I had "wronged" God and basically called him a "big fat phonie" when I needed him most he was there. Total forgiveness all I had to do was admit my sins which was something I didn't take seriously.

I'll be the first to tell you all "sins" carry the same "weight" in the eyes of the Lord. I was a good kid and yet God showed me all the things that were "bad". I sort of believed "out of ignorance" of course that there were "lesser sins" and "greater sins". I made excuses and God showed me the error in my way.

I am thankful everyday for that experience.

That's why I like to hear what atheist think because I was an atheist myself(by action not creed as I was young in my teenage years where we are all fallible to making bad decisions).

please learn more about it before saying whats in it
Apr 5 2024 05:09pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 5 2024 04:01pm)
We don't have a complete understanding of abiogenisis, and the logical conclusion at this time is to accept it as a limitation of our understanding. Religion, however, purports to know more than this current understanding but in a way that is ascientific.

science doenst have a clue how an abiogenesis event could a occur. that you call it "We don't have a complete understanding of abiogenisis" is a statement of complete ignorance or being willinly ignorant. its time to catch up

something to consider. craig ventor is a actual scientist working in a lab. he is also an atheist but he knows 'evolution isnt viable
Dr. Craig Venter Denies Common Descent in front of Richard Dawkins!

This post was edited by TiStuff on Apr 5 2024 05:10pm
Apr 5 2024 05:10pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Apr 5 2024 03:58pm)
'noah's flood' :rofl:

trump a doode head
Gold: 1.66
Apr 5 2024 05:12pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 5 2024 04:09pm)
science doenst have a clue how an abiogenesis event could a occur. that you call it "We don't have a complete understanding of abiogenisis" is a statement of complete ignorance or being willinly ignorant. its time to catch up

something to consider. craig ventor is a actual scientist working in a lab. he is also an atheist but he knows 'evolution isnt viable
Dr. Craig Venter Denies Common Descent in front of Richard Dawkins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXrYhINutuI

Ignorance is not a negative thing. Denying it is though.
Gold: 16,514.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2024 05:24pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 5 2024 04:10pm)
trump a doode head

found your truck

Apr 5 2024 05:32pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 5 2024 04:12pm)
Ignorance is not a negative thing. Denying it is though.

bible uses the term "willingly ignorant"
also
1 Timothy 6:20
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:”

King James Version (KJV)

Quote (gnarjay @ Apr 5 2024 04:24pm)

cool truck

This post was edited by TiStuff on Apr 5 2024 05:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891022Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll