d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Putin Already Lost The War In Ukraine
Prev1676869707183Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,941.00
May 22 2024 05:56am
Quote (babun1024 @ 22 May 2024 13:29)
Nope, we're well aware that our economy is tanking hard due to the US leading another proxy war, this time around with Russia at our doorsteps. Us and China in particular are very much interested in peace. We don't even care who "wins".

The only country making a profit in this war by accident is India. The US is at a net loss (military industrial complex with huge + but the rest, reputation and geopolitics = a total loss). Furthermore, the US cannot afford a "loss" at the moment. It'll lose its superpower claim.

I’m not sure US is interested in peace. They just announced this on Twitter : https://x.com/statedept/status/1792291637726765196 one of key casus belli why Russia started this adventure in the first place.

If this works out and they figure out how to defeat and Balkanize Russia - they will look like omnipotent gods. If they fail - we might step into a new, post-UN, world order as everyone will now see that shattered hegemony of US can (and will be) challenged.

I don’t think it’s in the interest of the European Union to continue this war. I do not see any benefits from economical or political standpoints as eg moral high ground has been firmly lost. I’m hoping that with the 2024 election cycle more EU-centric parties will take over from pro-war Atlantic hawks like eg vd Leyen and Kallas.

India and China have been by far net beneficiaries from this. China emerges as a political thought leader, brokering alliances in the Middle East and flexing its political muscles to try and bring parties to the table. (See eg Chinese peace plan for Ukraine endorsed by Mr Lavrov from Russian MFA).
Gold: 7,398.00
May 22 2024 06:00am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 22 2024 01:50pm)
Imagine being that piece of shit attacking people personally.

You're the only person here attacking anyone personally.
May 22 2024 06:03am
Quote (Malopox @ May 22 2024 01:56pm)
I’m not sure US is interested in peace. They just announced this on Twitter : https://x.com/statedept/status/1792291637726765196 one of key casus belli why Russia started this adventure in the first place.

If this works out and they figure out how to defeat and Balkanize Russia - they will look like omnipotent gods. If they fail - we might step into a new, post-UN, world order as everyone will now see that shattered hegemony of US can (and will be) challenged.

I don’t think it’s in the interest of the European Union to continue this war. I do not see any benefits from economical or political standpoints as eg moral high ground has been firmly lost. I’m hoping that with the 2024 election cycle more EU-centric parties will take over from pro-war Atlantic hawks like eg vd Leyen and Kallas.

India and China have been by far net beneficiaries from this. China emerges as a political thought leader, brokering alliances in the Middle East and flexing its political muscles to try and bring parties to the table. (See eg Chinese peace plan for Ukraine endorsed by Mr Lavrov from Russian MFA).

Nope, China isn't the benefactor. China has to deal with the economical consequences just as much as the EU. China is also bleeding by supporting Russia (costs a lot and and they have to do it otherwise US attention will turn towards China). Are you from China? Economically, China is very much in trouble, right now.
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
May 22 2024 06:05am
Chinas economic miracle is cooked. Russias inflation is third highest in the world.
China needs US capital investment, badly. But theres a thing about investing in companies when the CEO might just get disappeared the next day.

Let India flourish. They have 80 million in poverty of less than a dollar a day and 85% total population on under 7 dollars a day.
We in the opulent West can have one starbucks a week less to allow some others to eat two square meals.

We could also stop crying about it. Living beyond our means is not permanent.

Everythings coming up millhouse.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on May 22 2024 06:08am
May 22 2024 06:12am
Quote (babun1024 @ 22 May 2024 14:03)
Nope, China isn't the benefactor. China has to deal with the economical consequences just as much as the EU. China is also bleeding by supporting Russia (costs a lot and and they have to do it otherwise US attention will turn towards China). Are you from China? Economically, China is very much in trouble, right now.

Im not sure I understand you.

China is growing 5% a year and is dominating economically (eg solar panels, EVs, aluminium production, cars, tech, you name it). They have not stopped importing Russian commodities (metals, energy, ags). They are expanding trade and cooperation while US and EU are reverting to autarky and building a new wall of tarrifs to try to protect domestic industries that became uncompetitive due to bad foreign policy choices and advent of fundamentalist environmentalism akin to religion. It seems farcical to promote energy transition goals by spending outsized amounts on direct and indirect subsidies and then trying to cry foul when China offers a cheaper and better solution, delivered right to your doorstep.

I’m not from China and have never been there, but wouldn’t mind visiting it to see it with my own eyes.
May 22 2024 06:19am
Quote (Malopox @ May 22 2024 02:12pm)
Im not sure I understand you.

China is growing 5% a year and is dominating economically (eg solar panels, EVs, aluminium production, cars, tech, you name it). They have not stopped importing Russian commodities (metals, energy, ags). They are expanding trade and cooperation while US and EU are reverting to autarky and building a new wall of tarrifs to try to protect domestic industries that became uncompetitive due to bad foreign policy choices and advent of fundamentalist environmentalism akin to religion. It seems farcical to promote energy transition goals by spending outsized amounts on direct and indirect subsidies and then trying to cry foul when China offers a cheaper and better solution, delivered right to your doorstep.

I’m not from China and have never been there, but wouldn’t mind visiting it to see it with my own eyes.

That's cooked growth. The markets where China gets most of its margins are the US and EU. People aren't buying stuff. That's a big problem for an export oriented country. There are even more problems with empty real estate and a generation of depressed young men but that's another story.

Have a read, CNN sometimes offers a good read:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/27/economy/china-economy-challenges-2024-intl-hnk/index.html

This post was edited by babun1024 on May 22 2024 06:22am
Gold: 100,701.50
May 22 2024 07:58am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 22 2024 01:46pm)
Anything to say about the rape of Berlin ?

This isn't a WW2 topic and even if it was, the Nazis invaded the USSR not the other way around ;)

Quote (Meanwhile @ May 22 2024 10:54am)
Oh look, the same putin's suckers, leeches, trolls who keep bumping this topic mostly with propaganda and false information while this topic is available here:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=92094408&f=119

Check out bumps dates.

Invalid post specified or post already reported

1) YOU created this topic and now you're mad users post in this topic because it's a complete embarrassment, lol
2) Putin is winning despite 50 Western countries training / supplying / providing intel, for Ukraine

A massive embarrassment indeed

This post was edited by Djunior on May 22 2024 08:04am
Gold: 751.50
May 22 2024 07:30pm
still waiting
Gold: 13.37
May 22 2024 07:50pm
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ 23 May 2024 04:30)
still waiting

So is Putin still waiting for this World to stop hating
May 28 2024 11:55pm
Kiev School of Economics:

- trade:
Russia’s foreign trade has stabilized at a new baseline of ~$100bn in exports and ~$75bn in imports per quarter. Somewhat weaker imports in Q4 2023 (of $66.8bn) led to a marginal increase in the trade balance (to $34.4bn).

- current account:
Surplus up by more than 100% from $15.6bn in 3M24 to $31.7bn in 4M24 as services as well as income and transfers deficits
declined. On course to end the year >$100bn or as much as previous ATH pre-war of $120bn

- budget deficit:
Currently RUB1.5trn, or ~90% of full year target, but with oil revenues up >80% y/y each month and spending up ~20%, MinFin on target to keep deficit to 0.8% GDP this year (RUB1.6trn), half of last year’s 1.9% GDP

- GDP growth:
GDP growth in 1Q24 higher than expected at 5.4%. Full year prediction is for 3.2% which is less than 3.6% recorded in 2023, but lots of room for upside surprises if things stay the way they are now
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1676869707183Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll