d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev162636465664500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,589.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 3 2022 09:43am
xD
Gold: 4,809.00
Mar 3 2022 09:44am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:41am)
If by Forced to Act you mean militarily, i.e. declaring war on Russia / Sending Troops to Ukraine, I would say that equates to World War 3
If by Forced to Act you mean via sanctions, I would say yes, Forced to Act. [ I would be wary of the scope of the sanctions though, always leave a door open for your enemy ].

To the meat your post: Yes I am well read on US concerns re: their long term hegemony being eroded. I understand? the notion that the US wants to remain No#1 but that it does not know how it will do that. Using your expressions, the theoryI would have for Russia is (and i hate to quote from the chinese omggg) the security of one country [ Ukraine ] should not come at the expense of the security of other countries [ i.e. Russia ], still less should regional security Europe be guaranteed by strengthening or even expanding military blocs [ Nato ]". I would position that American foreign policy re: Russia, is fundamentally flawed noting Russia is isolationist, not expansionist, whereas China is China [ there is enough online to explain that expression ]. Better for the US not to have provoked Russia, to have told the Nato to get back in their box, not to encourage / support Ukraine re: Nato and to have formed closer ties with Russia, as Russia was never going to overtake the US, but China already has, across alot of areas.

Russian spy conspiracy much? ffs
Mar 3 2022 09:45am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:08am)
I dont understand the question, but in an attempt to answer you I would say:

I believe that the USA was positively inclined towards helping the Ukraine become more "Westerly Inclined". .

Yup. Fuck Putin. Get over it, ya commie whore.
Mar 3 2022 09:45am
What comment do you disagree with so strong as to start calling me a commie whore ? Do you want America to declare war on Russia, or which of my views has caused this strong reaction? You quoted my comment re: the US helping countries to be more westerly inclined and your response to that was "ya commie whore".

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 3 2022 09:53am
Mar 3 2022 09:49am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:45am)
? what part? The US has helped every single country in europe (including russia). this is a historical fact. if you dont understand this I cant help you.

What is your point?
Mar 3 2022 09:51am
see my edit.
Mar 3 2022 09:54am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:45am)
What comment do you disagree with so strong as to start calling me a commie whore ?

You ramble. Obviously English is not your first language.

Putin blames America (even Obama back in 2014) for people not wanting to be controlled by his mafia communist criminal politics.
Gold: 1,507.50
Mar 3 2022 09:55am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:41am)
If by Forced to Act you mean militarily, i.e. declaring war on Russia / Sending Troops to Ukraine, I would say that equates to World War 3
If by Forced to Act you mean via sanctions, I would say yes, Forced to Act. [ I would be wary of the scope of the sanctions though, always leave a door open for your enemy ].

To the meat your post: Yes I am well read on US concerns re: their long term hegemony being eroded. I understand? the notion that the US wants to remain No#1 but that it does not know how it will do that. Using your expressions, the theoryI would have for Russia is (and i hate to quote from the chinese omggg) the security of one country [ Ukraine ] should not come at the expense of the security of other countries [ i.e. Russia ], still less should regional security Europe be guaranteed by strengthening or even expanding military blocs [ Nato ]"

I would also agree that American foreign policy re: Russia is fundamentally flawed noting Russia is isolationist, not expansionist, whereas China is China [ there is enough online to explain that expression ]. Better for the US not to have provoked Russia, to have told the Nato to get back in their box, not to encourage / support Ukraine re: Nato and to have formed closer ties with Russia, as Russia was never going to overtake the US, but China already has, across alot of areas.

Interesting, but Russia invading came at the security of Ukraine. I agree we have no reason or interest to putting boots on the ground or direct intervention. But bleeding the Russian economy and military is in American, EU and therefore NATO interests (NATO is a grouping of states, they have no real power unless the states agree to allow action to take place). I don't get how you can argue Russia was forced to act based on Realism but then at the same time say the security of one state should not come at the expense of another state. Your arguing neorealism in one sentence and neoliberalism in the next while the theories and actions are incompatible. Either you believe power is relative or you believe it is absolute. If it is absolute than your security does not come at the cost of my security(liberalism), if it is relative your security comes at the cost of my security(realism).

Personally I think a change of leadership/state will be required before that type of rapprochement happens. Under the current regime they understand that by keeping a relationship with China is in their interests today over the US, together they are able to better balance power vis a vis the US. Just like the US, they would eventually pivot to China once the US is less of a threat and Chinas military/economy grows. So goading Russia into a long drawn out war, where NATO has direct borders to supply the insurgency with, is great for Western Interests. What's the real cost? Don't forget Russia has its own military alliances with countries such as Belarus (if its even a country, which is debatable), so its not a one sided affair where one side has an alliance and the other doesn't.

This post was edited by Mossom on Mar 3 2022 10:00am
Gold: 63.70
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 3 2022 01:52pm)
The path of Darkhead with literally everyone he talks to:

1. posts random link thats barely on topic
2. gets challenged on the facts
3. cant back up his link with facts
4. gets called out
5. tells them THEY LACK FACTS
6. says he'll never respond to them again
7. responds like a day later

in my thread thats over 1900 pages long, i've embarrassed you multiple times, you never post anything to backup your claims, and i always do, quit speaking to me and move along

In other news

Puppet Ukraine government sits down with Russia to negotiate because all of their Nazi forces in eastern ukraine are surrounded
Gold: 32,400.00
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev162636465664500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll