d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev161626364654500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,000.00
Mar 3 2022 08:35am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 3 2022 08:51am)
I get a Vichy France has popped up there in the east.

We have that in the US, proud boys, oath keepers, mich militia, etc.

the Michigan militia was mostly FBI informants
Gold: 17,375.70
Warn: 10%
Mar 3 2022 08:38am
Quote (sirthom @ 3 Mar 2022 09:13)

Notice how this random youtube video doesnt show any sources?

Trolls do as trolls do.

oh look the guy is trying to sell you something the video description doesnt have any sources it just posts his patreon and shit

Trolls do as trolls do

This post was edited by Crunkt on Mar 3 2022 08:39am
Gold: 30,589.00
Mar 3 2022 08:40am
He did provide sources: The Telegraph, The Guardian, BuzzFeed and USA Today, or do you mean his fact checking sources ?

also the fact checking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQPxExM-FnU and https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/02/28/snake-island-ukrainian-soldiers-survived/

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 3 2022 08:46am
Gold: 2,170.00
Mar 3 2022 08:42am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 02:40pm)
He did provide sources: The Telegraph, The Guardian, BuzzFeed and USA Today, or do you mean his fact checking sources ?

he meants it's not any far left media he "could trust".
Mar 3 2022 08:43am
yea i wouldnt trust any media, i read it all and form my own views. I dont know alot about USA today and Buzzfeed, but the telegraph and the guardian are pretty flawed/biased in general (as is widely known).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 3 2022 08:51am
Gold: 1,507.50
Mar 3 2022 08:52am
Just curious Fredia, do you believe the US was forced to act in Ukraine just as you started the thread by saying Russia was forced to act in Ukraine. Just curious, not trying to flame or troll. (/dont have time to read all 63 pages :P)
Mar 3 2022 09:08am
Quote (Mossom @ Mar 3 2022 02:52pm)
Just curious Fredia, do you believe the US was forced to act in Ukraine just as you started the thread by saying Russia was forced to act in Ukraine. Just curious, not trying to flame or troll. (/dont have time to read all 63 pages :P)

I dont understand the question, but in an attempt to answer you I would say:

I believe that the USA was positively inclined towards helping the Ukraine become more "Westerly Inclined". I believe that the US would support any country, and Ukraine was just one of many. as commented, USA is currently helping 100 countries around the world as we speak. I do not believe the USA was forced to do anything, but rather this is a part of US foreign policy. Nobody can force the USA to do anything. I see this conflicts roots as the Ukraine justifiably seeking to protect themselves against Russia, dating back more then a decade, with the West eager to take a bite out of Russia. I cannot fathom why the relevant think tanks were ignored (because they certainly would have told Nato and the US) when they said "If you do this, Russia will Invade Ukraine".

The more I read, the more I understand WHY the US ignored Russia's Red Line but my view is that the US, and Nato (more so Nato) have destabilized the global positions of power. My mind is not wired to understand why America would rather War then maintaining the (ACCEPTED! FLAWED) status quo, noting its so stupid to directly get involved with your main adversary on a topic like this. The only good thing I see is Biden saying he wont send troops (I dont think America et all should be sending weapons either though).

The problem with sending weapons to Ukraine is : This is Russia's red line. they are going to win the war unless there is a "change of mind" (not envisaged) or "change in leadership" (also not envisaged). Therefore through conventional means or otherwise, Ukraine will lose. All that this military aid will do, is prolong the war and increase the death toll (accepted, on both sides), and worse, potentially escalate the war. I stated in an earlier post that its my view that Russia has a dictator and is not a democracy, therefore the Russian civilian population can protest all it wants, this will not change the outcome/direction. heavy death toll -> Ultimately this would mean the best of the Ukrainians will be dead, rather then alive and in a position to attempt to steer their country to a genuine future independence recognized properly by Russia.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 3 2022 09:25am
Gold: 1,507.50
Mar 3 2022 09:24am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 3 2022 10:08am)
I dont understand the question, but in an attempt to answer you I would say:

I believe that the USA was positively inclined towards helping the Ukraine become more "Westerly Inclined". I believe that the US would support any country, and Ukraine was just one of many. I do not believe the USA was forced to do anything. Nobody can force the USA to do anything. I see this conflicts roots as the Ukraine justifiably seeking to protect themselves against Russia, dating back more then a decade, with the West eager to take a bite out of Russia. I cannot fathom why the relevant think tanks were ignored (because they certainly would have told Nato and the US) when they said "If you do this, Russia will Invade Ukraine".

The more I read, the more I understand WHY the US ignored Russia's Red Line but my view is that the US, and Nato (more so Nato) have destabilized the global positions of power. My mind is not wired to understand why America would rather War then maintaining the (ACCEPTED!) flawed status quo.

What I was saying is once Russia invaded, realism (the same view you stated for Russia needing to invade Ukraine), would have forced the US to act.

I won't go into details why protecting the current order benefits the US but there are many writers, Stephan Gills for instance, that show how the capitalist world order benefits and perpetuates the US as hegemon. Because the balance of power is a relative concept, the US was incentivized to prop up the Ukraine in order to damage one of the two major region powers (Russia and China) that can challenge US hegemony. Its not to say they were forced to act by a person, but by the same theory that underpins the logic driving Russia to invade. Personally I see this could be one of the greatest events in US history depending how it unfolds. Currently there are only 2 powers that can challenge the US militarily largely due to the stopping power of water (see Stephan Waltz, historically offensive realism does not work due to the enormous cost to project power over water), and this has provided an opportunity to get domestic support to undermine Russia interest. That is because any increase in another countries power is a relative decrease in your own power holding all else equal.

Kissinger has been saying this for years, we will need Russia in the future to balance China and it is their own bravado that will lead to their downfall as it did the USSR.

Oh ok, your prisms to view the crisis is on about the death toll, and Ukrainian/human lives over US/west interests. Now I see where your coming from. Thanks!

This post was edited by Mossom on Mar 3 2022 09:27am
Mar 3 2022 09:41am
If by Forced to Act you mean militarily, i.e. declaring war on Russia / Sending Troops to Ukraine, I would say that equates to World War 3
If by Forced to Act you mean via sanctions, I would say yes, Forced to Act. [ I would be wary of the scope of the sanctions though, always leave a door open for your enemy ].

To the meat your post: Yes I am well read on US concerns re: their long term hegemony being eroded. I understand? the notion that the US wants to remain No#1 but that it does not know how it will do that. Using your expressions, the theoryI would have for Russia is (and i hate to quote from the chinese omggg) the security of one country [ Ukraine ] should not come at the expense of the security of other countries [ i.e. Russia ], still less should regional security Europe be guaranteed by strengthening or even expanding military blocs [ Nato ]". I would position that American foreign policy re: Russia, is fundamentally flawed noting Russia is isolationist, not expansionist, whereas China is China [ there is enough online to explain that expression ]. Better for the US not to have provoked Russia, to have told the Nato to get back in their box, not to encourage / support Ukraine re: Nato and to have formed closer ties with Russia, as Russia was never going to overtake the US, but China already has, across alot of areas, and that is the country that will challenge America's #1.

my prism to view the crisis relates to global instability and how this could and should have been prevented and how best for the world to step back.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 3 2022 09:45am
Gold: 4,809.00
Mar 3 2022 09:43am
Quote (ferdia @ Jan 25 2022 04:32am)
Any Topic's about the Russia / Ukraine issue ?

Yes.

Hope this helps.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev161626364654500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll