d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev15960616263307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Apr 24 2023 06:09am
Quote (SP00K @ Apr 24 2023 09:22pm)
Your response to what holds universal absolutes together makes no sense at all. What holds these universals to be true?

When scientists measure something using light should they assume the speed will vary? When people jump should they consider that they will never stop going up??

Do I need to break this down more??

Boy you are way above your pay grade here talking about science here lol.

Universal absolutes? Wtf is this and how is this relevant? Or do you mean absolutes in general?
When a scientist measures something using light!?? You mean when scientists measure light such as its speed, luminosity, etc? They do so relative to space and time in a vacuum. But there is no pure vacuum even the seemingly thin stretches of space still have very sparse set of particles. Because it is so thin the light appears to be a constant and most people will call it such because variance is so negligible it might as well not even be there.

When people jump is they know that gravity works. And simply because they don't have sufficient acceleration to be able to counter it.
Gravity can be induced artificially also. What holds the universe together? gravity inertia? The very question which suggests the universe is being held by something is an assumption. How do we know it needs to be held? Or is it merely being pushed around by cosmic explosions? Don't really care at this stage it's not pressing or interesting to me. Maybe when I have nothing else to do with my life I might ponder on that.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 24 2023 06:47am
Quote (addone @ Apr 23 2023 06:26pm)
I thought Jesus was God?
It's a riveting tale there chap but I'll ask, got any proof or way to comfirm this other than words on a piece of paper from a 2000 year old book?
All I hear is echo chamber of people repeating words and unverifiable assertions.

Don't know about you but I always had the ability to self determine and apply logic, common sense and experience to produce actions. Never had to worship or derive permission from some mysterious sky wizard or consult religious book to tell me what to do. And if my choices lead me to roads I don't want to be on I change course.

It's sad when your version of applying logic means the first meme you find online to post in this thread is what you actually believe. It's sad when you take these memes very seriously even though you and I both know they are Ludacris.

You keep trying desperately to cling onto the Bible was written by man. Time and time again the Bible has proven to be reliable.

10 prophecies were fulfilled in 1948, which is still fairly recent: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079

You failed to address any of what the Bible has shown to be true.

Quote (addone @ Apr 24 2023 08:59pm)
You must be confused because I already made it abundantly clear that I don't need to disprove a mental construct you call God. Simply because it was not proven to begin with.
Why should I waste my time disproving every fairy tale or any psychotic vision from a lunatic? The answer is I don't. I am able to function perfectly well and be subjectively happy with my life. I have no need of some religious book to tell me what to do, I don't need some magic sky wizard to save me lol. And I certainly don't need to be insulted with the notion that I can't self determine. The very concept is a cage or a mental straight jacket that you willfully encumber yourself. Christians feel safe and delighted in this cage but rational proactive people can't bare a second inside.

Bible claims that this God creates plagues and floods... Imagine being this stupid when natural observable and often predictable events are attributed to a wizard in the clouds. Do you even self reflect?

Ahh, I see the devil is playing the tactic of, you do not need the cross. The devil will try to convince you that you either have no need of the cross or that you are too sinful for the cross.

I said this before and I'll say it again, the single most hardest thing to convince someone is the doctrine of sin. Try to convince someone that they are a sinner and in need of a saviour. Not that easy to do.

You have no need of some religious book to tell you what to do? What is it that you do? Find some memes and go all in on the napkin meme? Or when challenged you dodge and avoid? You made this thread to try and disprove Christianity and now you are saying it's not your job to disprove God? Why did you decide to make this thread in the first place? Are you backing down from what your original intention was?

I noticed you've never mentioned those who don't have life all figured out. You failed to mention those whose lives are in shambles. Then they find God and accept Jesus and their lives are turned around.

How do you address those who did exactly what Matthew 11:28-30 states?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Those who were weary and burdened came to Jesus and found their rest. I've heard those Testimonies myself. It wasn't until they came to Jesus that their heavy heart found the rest they so desperately needed.
Gold: 14.00
Apr 24 2023 06:59am
Quote (SP00K @ Apr 24 2023 05:22am)
So your proof against God is your limited understanding of how things work. Very interesting.

Your response to what holds universal absolutes together makes no sense at all. What holds these universals to be true?

When scientists measure something using light should they assume the speed will vary? When people jump should they consider that they will never stop going up??

Do I need to break this down more??

Generally speaking, you can't really prove something does not exist.
Gold: 2,195.46
Apr 24 2023 07:33am
holy shit lmao it's been a hot minute since I seen someone argue you can't prove god doesn't exist
Gold: 3.00
Apr 24 2023 11:30am
Quote (h0w @ Apr 24 2023 07:59am)
Generally speaking, you can't really prove something does not exist.

I can prove square circles do not exist so I'm easily able to make that claim. The burden of proof relies on someone who makes an affirmative statement about something. I say God exists which requires proof. He says God does not exist which also requires proof.
Quote (addone @ Apr 24 2023 07:09am)
Boy you are way above your pay grade here talking about science here lol.

Universal absolutes? Wtf is this and how is this relevant? Or do you mean absolutes in general?
When a scientist measures something using light!?? You mean when scientists measure light such as its speed, luminosity, etc? They do so relative to space and time in a vacuum. But there is no pure vacuum even the seemingly thin stretches of space still have very sparse set of particles. Because it is so thin the light appears to be a constant and most people will call it such because variance is so negligible it might as well not even be there.

When people jump is they know that gravity works. And simply because they don't have sufficient acceleration to be able to counter it.
Gravity can be induced artificially also. What holds the universe together? gravity inertia? The very question which suggests the universe is being held by something is an assumption. How do we know it needs to be held? Or is it merely being pushed around by cosmic explosions? Don't really care at this stage it's not pressing or interesting to me. Maybe when I have nothing else to do with my life I might ponder on that.

It's relavent because you, like me, have to hold to something that is consistent and expected with every action. Actions have results which rely on assumptions but if things were random then those assumptions would always be wrong.

I hold all things to be held together by God. You are saying all things are held together independently with expected results.
Apr 25 2023 12:58am
Quote (SP00K @ Apr 25 2023 05:30am)
I can prove square circles do not exist so I'm easily able to make that claim. The burden of proof relies on someone who makes an affirmative statement about something. I say God exists which requires proof. He says God does not exist which also requires proof.

It's relavent because you, like me, have to hold to something that is consistent and expected with every action. Actions have results which rely on assumptions but if things were random then those assumptions would always be wrong.

I hold all things to be held together by God. You are saying all things are held together independently with expected results.

Square circles lol no one is proving that they exist because the very term is an impossibility. How can you disprove something that is impossible by very definition in the first place? :wacko: You Christians have some serious issues when it comes to logic.

Did your priest tell you that without God things are random? Wowzers... Do you imagine for a moment that if you stopped believing your magic sky wizard that things will be random, chaos will erupt? and people will have no point of reference? Are you fucking mad? Christians can't even agree on point of reference of their own religion. There is in house fighting and debates with over 45000 denominations world wide some with minor differences to complete disagreements. And you talking to me about holding it all together with point of reference. Pathetic.

I observe that things are held collectively by various energies and forces, gravity, inertia, magnetism etc We are in a process of uncovering and understanding those forces and how to use them. We don't jump to wild irrational conclusions some things we don't understand YET. Not in a big rush we put man on the moon and robots on Mars, we have the capability to clone humans mapped out human genome and soon start making energy with fusion in the last 100 years. No thanks to your crackpot fairy tales so chill out. If anything your backward kind has been slowing down progress.

Apr 25 2023 05:49am
Quote (addone @ Apr 25 2023 04:58pm)
Square circles lol no one is proving that they exist because the very term is an impossibility. How can you disprove something that is impossible by very definition in the first place? :wacko: You Christians have some serious issues when it comes to logic.

Did your priest tell you that without God things are random? Wowzers... Do you imagine for a moment that if you stopped believing your magic sky wizard that things will be random, chaos will erupt? and people will have no point of reference? Are you fucking mad? Christians can't even agree on point of reference of their own religion. There is in house fighting and debates with over 45000 denominations world wide some with minor differences to complete disagreements. And you talking to me about holding it all together with point of reference. Pathetic.

I observe that things are held collectively by various energies and forces, gravity, inertia, magnetism etc We are in a process of uncovering and understanding those forces and how to use them. We don't jump to wild irrational conclusions some things we don't understand YET. Not in a big rush we put man on the moon and robots on Mars, we have the capability to clone humans mapped out human genome and soon start making energy with fusion in the last 100 years. No thanks to your crackpot fairy tales so chill out. If anything your backward kind has been slowing down progress.

https://i.ibb.co/0rB5XpM/Ft6pdo-TX0-AAAt-Vc.jpg

Oh you found another meme.

Seems your lack of logic is still getting fueled by the memes.
Apr 25 2023 06:31am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 25 2023 11:49pm)
Oh you found another meme.

Seems your lack of logic is still getting fueled by the memes.

Tell me you don't have proof, without telling me you don't have proof.
Apr 26 2023 04:43am
Quote (addone @ Apr 25 2023 10:31pm)
Tell me you don't have proof, without telling me you don't have proof.

Psalms 19:1

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Did you know that there were rainbows over Windsor Castle and Buckingham palace after the Queen died? Those rainbows was God showing His respect for the Queen.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a41123522/rainbow-windsor-castle-queen-elizabeth-death-photos/

Inb4 you admit that you can't see the signs.
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 26 2023 04:55am
Quote (CPK001 @ 26 Apr 2023 12:43)
Psalms 19:1

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Did you know that there were rainbows over Windsor Castle and Buckingham palace after the Queen died? Those rainbows was God showing His respect for the Queen.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a41123522/rainbow-windsor-castle-queen-elizabeth-death-photos/

Inb4 you admit that you can't see the signs.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15960616263307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll