d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev154555657584500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.50
Mar 2 2022 11:01am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 2 2022 05:50pm)
I'll take back what I said, but having read a few sources on this, none of them are well known/reputable imo. It's websites that literally look like they were put together by a 50 year old in his basement. So who knows, but if the USSR really did have that many nukes in Cuba, it's pretty astounding how little coverage it got and how little evidence there actually is for that and all of the focus being on the Cuban missile crisis.

Thats why I asked what sources you consider legitimate. I may should have phrased my statement different as well I guess. I admit my post was driven by emotions because I don't like the analogy of offensive capable (let's call it that) ballistic missiles and defensive ballistic missiles.
Gold: 2,535.52
Mar 2 2022 11:02am
https://seemorerocks.is/the-secret-us-biolabs-in-ukraine/

Half of the conservative journalists are saying the biolab theory is a hoax, the silly ones are believing it so I'm skeptical. I'll admit we probably shouldn't be funding the ones that do exist in Ukraine, but I don't think Putin cares about them in any way. This one detail is sketchy though. I kinda want to know what I'm paying for, please and thank you.

The parties also agreed to keep information about the results of their activities secret. And if they are considered secret by the Pentagon, they automatically become so in Ukraine.

“These laboratories study the behaviour of dangerous pathogens in certain regional conditions – taking into account climatic, demographic and other factors.

These studies can be called dual-use studies: on the one hand, they are really important in assessing the threats of the spread of a disease (the same Crimea-Congo fever) and in developing recommendations to combat it. On the other hand, the results of the study can be used in the development of bacteriological weapons for use in a particular region,” wrote Yury Tkachev on his Telegram channel.
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 2 2022 11:07am
ah ok
Gold: 15,805.00
Mar 2 2022 11:17am
Quote (darkhead69 @ Mar 2 2022 11:14am)

this is for sure propaganda lol

maybe there are bio labs being funded but the fact that's the picture used to me is a joke.

A guy in a trench coat with some Bond style evil villain gas mask on with some cloth gloves that wouldn't stop a liquid leak? Come one now. I guess putting some person in a white lab coat with latex gloves isn't as scary :lol:

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 2 2022 11:17am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 2 2022 11:29am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 2 Mar 2022 16:46)
Putin is probably trying to prevent a global investment pullout by shutting down trading.

If it were me, I would wait until the crash and buy it up at the discounted rate.

what a mess lol
Gold: 3.33
Mar 2 2022 11:36am
Nearly 500 Russian troops killed - Moscow
Russia's defence ministry has given its first figures for casualties sustained during its invasion of Ukraine.

It says 498 Russian soldiers have been killed and 1,597 wounded so far, according to Russian media reports.

The claim is significantly less than Ukraine's assessment of Russian casualties - Kyiv claims it has killed 5,840 Russian troops.

Russia has also claimed that more than 2,870 Ukrainian service members have been killed and about 3,700 wounded. Kyiv has not given any figures.

The BBC cannot independently verify either the Russian or Ukrainian claims, but the UK Ministry of Defence believes that Moscow's forces have suffered heavy losses.

Earlier Ukraine's emergency services said more than 2,000 civilians and 10 emergency services personnel had been killed so far.

Can reasonably assume the actual amount of Russian deaths is in the 1000 - 3000 range then. Big numbers for a 'military operation in donbass'...the Russian authorities realise this is far too big to now describe as a military operation and state media is now openly referring it to a war as of Monday

Russian officials say they expect Ukrainian negotiators to arrive on the Polish-Belarusian border for the next round of peace talks on Thursday morning, where a ceasefire is set to be discussed.

Moscow's chief negotiator, Vladimir Medinsky, told Russian media the Ukrainian delegation has left the capital city of Kyiv and that Russian troops are providing a security corridor for the delegates.

Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said earlier on Wednesday that Moscow remains committed to the "demilitarisation" of Ukraine and added there should be a list of specified weapons that can never be deployed on Ukrainian territory.

But he said that Vladimir Putin's regime recognised the Ukrainian people's right to chose their own leader and that Russia accepts Volodymyr Zelensky as the legitimate president.

Bolded seems like they're now twisting the invasion to be about Ukraine making nukes or some bullshit, rather than 'denazification'. More interestingly though, the comment about the 'legitimate president' seems like a big step down from when Putin openly called for the Ukrainian military to overthrow Zelenskyy

I really think the sanctions and opposition at home have made a huge difference, here's hoping they compromise on Crimea and the People's Republics and end this before the siege
Gold: 10.50
Mar 2 2022 12:02pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 2 2022 06:36pm)
Can reasonably assume the actual amount of Russian deaths is in the 1000 - 3000 range then. Big numbers for a 'military operation in donbass'...the Russian authorities realise this is far too big to now describe as a military operation and state media is now openly referring it to a war as of Monday

Bolded seems like they're now twisting the invasion to be about Ukraine making nukes or some bullshit, rather than 'denazification'. More interestingly though, the comment about the 'legitimate president' seems like a big step down from when Putin openly called for the Ukrainian military to overthrow Zelenskyy

I really think the sanctions and opposition at home have made a huge difference, here's hoping they compromise on Crimea and the People's Republics and end this before the siege

This is something I really hope as well. But I'm pretty sure Ukraine would not agree to the Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk. Maybe give them some kind of autonomous regions status although I must admit that I don't know if they already have some kind of autonomy.
But Putin can not come out of this situation relatively unscathed. Not for the bloodshed he brought to ukrainian civilians.
Gold: 15,805.00
Mar 2 2022 12:08pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 2 2022 12:36pm)

The compromise they'll settle on is Crimea will probably remain Russian, DNR & LNR will either be recognized as their own countries or at the very least the Minsk demands will be met and they will be given some level of autonomy as part of Ukraine. The big one I think which Russia really cares for the most is Ukraine won't get into NATO. That's been their key ask since day one of this. War won't end unless Ukrainians cede these 3 points imo.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 2 2022 12:09pm
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 2 2022 12:25pm
also agree with that
Gold: 3.33
Mar 2 2022 12:35pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 2 2022 06:08pm)
The compromise they'll settle on is Crimea will probably remain Russian, DNR & LNR will either be recognized as their own countries or at the very least the Minsk demands will be met and they will be given some level of autonomy as part of Ukraine. The big one I think which Russia really cares for the most is Ukraine won't get into NATO. That's been their key ask since day one of this. War won't end unless Ukrainians cede these 3 points imo.

I think Zelenskyy could come out of this in a positive light to Ukrainians even if he recognises Crimea as Russian, the People's Republics as Russian, and not joining NATO. They'll recognise he did what he had to do to save lines, and democracy was retained

I'd try to negotiate on the NATO point, like we'll join NATO but on the condition we won't host any NATO troops in our borders

I'm not sure the Russians would be happy with it, I think in the beginning they'd have thought a good result would be everything east of the Dnipro becoming part of the Russian state

This post was edited by dro94 on Mar 2 2022 12:36pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev154555657584500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll