d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev152535455564500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 2 2022 08:13am
Quote (ferdia @ 2 Mar 2022 13:59)
irish, i think i said that in the first couple of posts, and i did a disclaim in the other topic as well. RTE stands for : Raidió Teilifís Éireann but its understandable to confuse this with RT Russia
are you not able to view www.rte.ie in your country ? here is a wiki for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raidi%C3%B3_Teilif%C3%ADs_%C3%89ireann
(post 3 in this topic).

Problem is you can draw all the red lines you want, even ridiculous ones, a sovereign country can do whatever it wants.
Not to mention the parts that were already annexed. It's still invasion and civilian killings in anyway, and million(s) refugees.
Btw Ukraine accepted to give back nuclear weapons under Boris Eltsine. Sad.
Mar 2 2022 08:21am
Russia has no RTS index since 5 days does anyone know has some kind of details on that ?

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 2 2022 08:22am
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 2 2022 08:22am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 2 2022 02:21pm)
stuff

Yes Cuba can ally with Russia, and Russia can put nukes in Cuba. America would not stand for that.
Yes Nato can invite Taiwan into Nato and China would not stand for that

Yes Nato can put missiles in poland and Russia is meant to just roll over?
Yes Nato can support Ukraine via entry to Nato and Russia is meant to just roll over ?

A sovereign country can do whatever it wants but should not be surprised when they get punished, for want of a better word, for intruding on another countries security concerns / area of interest.
Not to mention the parts that were already annexed. It's still invasion and civilian killings in anyway, and million(s) refugees. - yes what is happening right now is terrible and is going to get alot worse.
finally re: Btw Ukraine accepted to give back nuclear weapons under Boris Eltsine. Sad. Yes, I have not read enough on this to make comment on it. i'll read up on that later just for my own learning.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 2 2022 02:21pm)
Btw Russia has no RTS index since 5 days

i googled that, its their international trading system? or what is it ?

The RTS Index "Russia Trading System" (abbreviated: RTSI, Russian: Индекс РТС) is a free-float capitalization-weighted index of 50 Russian stocks traded on the Moscow Exchange, calculated in US dollars. The list of stocks is reviewed every three months.

The RTS Index value is calculated in a real-time mode. The index was introduced on September 1, 1995 with a base value of 100.[1] The RTSI peaked on 19 May 2008 at 2,498.10 points, and fell to 492.59 on 23 January 2009; on 29 December 2017 the RTS Index closed at 1,154.43.

In addition to the RTS Index, Moscow Exchange also computes and publishes the RTS Standard Index (RTSSTD), RTS-2 Index, RTS Siberia Index and seven sectoral indexes (Telecommunication, Financial, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, Industrial, Consumer & Retail, and Electric Utilities). The RTS Standard and RTS-2 are compiled similarly to the RTS Index, from a list of top 15 large-cap stocks and 50+ second-tier stocks, respectively.

The wiki is too brief for me to comprehend what I am reading or what you are saying about it. can you elaborate if you get the chance and are inclined ?

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 2 2022 08:25am
Mar 2 2022 08:28am
sorry for double post. alot is happening quite fast now so I will probably want to read alot of things (from various sources ok!)

here is one thing: https://www.reuters.com/business/russia-impose-temporary-curbs-foreigners-seeking-exit-assets-2022-03-01/
and another one: https://www.export.org.uk/news/597470/Russian-shipping-now-prohibited-from-using-UK-ports-as-EU-looks-to-follow-suit.htm
and from china: https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-03-01/Chinese-Ukrainian-FMs-hold-phone-talks--183llVKyRYQ/index.html

some people might not have access to that china link so in summary it said:

"China believes that the security of one country should not come at the expense of the security of other countries, still less should regional security be guaranteed by strengthening or even expanding military blocs, Wang stressed."
yes sorry i am not pro-chinese ok, but i am providing another viewpoint. I will assume people comprehend their statement.

here is another one from china : https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-02-19/What-does-Russia-want-and-how-has-NATO-responded--17MhYm4K0qA/index.html

the most likely scenario here is that Europe will consciously now move away from any reliance on Russia and seek other markets / technologies etc. I dont see them reversing these decisions, for years, and I see this as another form of attack / defense, whatever anyone wants to call it, which will further isolate Russia, and potentially move us closer to a larger war.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 2 2022 08:45am
Mar 2 2022 08:43am
Quote (ferdia @ 2 Mar 2022 14:28)
sorry for double post. alot is happening quite fast now so I will probably want to read alot of things (from various sources ok!)

here is one thing: https://www.reuters.com/business/russia-impose-temporary-curbs-foreigners-seeking-exit-assets-2022-03-01/

Putin could lost even more his mind if his country goes bankerupt like it did in 1998.

There's only one invader here, and it's Russia which is spending like 20% of it's GDP (or more?) in new weapons and army since 20 years...
So potential Otan installations at its borders wasn't that much an abuse.

Regarding Cuba it's bad comparison, because nato is already present almost everywhere, close enough, and 21th century weapons are making distances much less significant.
In 1962, at Cuba, the tactical change was much more unacceptable.
Mar 2 2022 08:52am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 2 2022 02:43pm)
...because nato is already present almost everywhere, close enough, and 21th century weapons are making distances much less significant.

I would argue that this is Putin's concern ( you do not have to agree with me ).

If I google distance from Cuba to America it spits out 20km. If i google distance from Poland to Russia it spits out 4961km
oh dear oh dear. anyway, what I was going to say was : your right Cuba is a bad example as its not close to America, unlike Poland and the Ukraine which are close to Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/kidspost/2022/02/28/what-is-nato/
You will note I am merely trying to provide basic information in these links. I checked al jazeera but there was not much there (mind you i just did a cursory look).

re: Putin losing his mind - yes exactly, thats the fear because if hes mental and has nothing to lose, wtf will he do to us all. always leave a back door for someone to move, else you are going to hurt yourself if you attack.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 2 2022 09:06am
Gold: 10.50
Mar 2 2022 09:01am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 2 2022 03:22pm)
Yes Cuba can ally with Russia, and Russia can put nukes in Cuba. America would not stand for that.
Yes Nato can invite Taiwan into Nato and China would not stand for that

Yes Nato can put missiles in poland and Russia is meant to just roll over?
Yes Nato can support Ukraine via entry to Nato and Russia is meant to just roll over ?

A sovereign country can do whatever it wants but should not be surprised when they get punished, for want of a better word, for intruding on another countries security concerns / area of interest.
Not to mention the parts that were already annexed. It's still invasion and civilian killings in anyway, and million(s) refugees. - yes what is happening right now is terrible and is going to get alot worse.
finally re: Btw Ukraine accepted to give back nuclear weapons under Boris Eltsine. Sad. Yes, I have not read enough on this to make comment on it. i'll read up on that later just for my own learning.

The biggest flaw in your Cuba analogy is that the Soviets had nuclear missiles in Cuba whereas in Poland (and some other NATO member states) there are ballistic defense missiles to counter and not deliver nuclear warheads.

Gold: 15,805.00
Mar 2 2022 09:04am
Quote (NeedUlikeAdrug @ Mar 2 2022 10:01am)
The biggest flaw in your Cuba analogy is that the Soviets had nuclear missiles in Cuba whereas in Poland (and some other NATO member states) there are ballistic defense missiles to counter and not deliver nuclear warheads.

Try to at least get informed on the topic before opening your mouth. There were never nukes in Cuba, there were however nuclear bombers in a NATO country close to Russia (Turkey) during the cold war.
Mar 2 2022 09:07am
Quote (NeedUlikeAdrug @ Mar 2 2022 03:01pm)
The biggest flaw in your Cuba analogy is that the Soviets had [wanted] nuclear missiles in Cuba whereas in Poland (and some other NATO member states) there are ballistic defense missiles to counter and not deliver nuclear warheads.

yes accepted but

Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 2 2022 03:04pm)
Try to at least get informed on the topic before opening your mouth. There were never nukes in Cuba, there were however nuclear bombers in a NATO country close to Russia (Turkey) during the cold war.

i did not know this.

in the round, Putin is seeing more former soviet block countries joining a military alliance, who's sole purpose from inception was to counter Russia. this military alliance, in his mind, is getting strong and surrounding him, and his fear, whether warranted or not, is dictating his actions, in my opinion.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 2 2022 09:10am
Mar 2 2022 09:17am
He could have spent his last 20 years joining Europe and the world would not be the same today.
What a fucking waste.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev152535455564500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll