d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mexican Starves Own Daughter, Media Blames Ice > Wut.jpg
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Dec 15 2018 08:09pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2018 08:02pm)
Enabling people to embark on dangerous journeys because you want to feel good about yourself and tell your hipster friends what a hero you are doesn't actually help those poor people. It's part of the reason why they go through tens of miles of desert, because they heard of people leaving jugs of water. So what happens is children are dragged through perilous terrain on hope. I wonder if that family embarked on that journey because they knew they might find jugs of water somewhere. I wonder if they knew for a fact that there was no water, maybe they would be more cautious and think of their actions?

>People die in desert
>Organization sets up water checkpoints to save lives
>Organization is blamed for people dying

It shouldn't be hard to see how bass ackwards your logic is. It's the same argument people make in favor of abstinence only sex education.
Gold: 11,647.00
Dec 15 2018 08:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Dec 15 2018 07:04pm)
Did your cringey ass just blame people that leave water for this

Guess how many people would be dying of thirst or exhaustion as a result of trying to sneak across the border if everyone knew there was no chance to make it through the border? This is a shitty situation all around but to claim that the enablers are in no way responsible is pure ignorance.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 15 2018 07:09pm)
>People die in desert
>Organization sets up water checkpoints to save lives
>Organization is blamed for people dying

It shouldn't be hard to see how bass ackwards your logic is. It's the same argument people make in favor of abstinence only sex education.

Except some of those people are much more likely to take the risk because they heard there's a chance of finding a care package.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Dec 15 2018 08:14pm
Gold: 28,296.69
Dec 15 2018 08:15pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2018 07:11pm)
Guess how many people would be dying of thirst or exhaustion as a result of trying to sneak across the border if everyone knew there was no chance to make it through the border? This is a shitty situation all around but to claim that the enablers are in no way responsible is pure ignorance.

They are coming from no chance. They aren't risking it all because of tales of water jugs they are risking it all because they have nothing else and no chance to change it in their current area.
Gold: 9.87
Dec 15 2018 08:16pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 15 Dec 2018 19:31)
So when you say "the left doesn't care about this girl" you are essentially stating that you agree with the left. The girl's life, to you, has no value outside of its usefulness for political talking points. It's just that you have opposite talking points that you mold her death to fit.

What did the CBP do to help her, exactly?

I’m not using anything for a talking point. Weird how you think stating a fact to dispel misinformation and political posturing is a “talking point.” Sorry that the facts don’t align with your agenda to demonize the people responsible for preventing the US from turning into the shitholes of Central America.

Firstly, the father lied about her condition on a federal form so CBP wasn’t aware from initial contact with them that she was in need of medical attention. By the time her condition was made known to a CBP officer, she had a fever of 105. They administered what care they could immediately and attempted to transport her to the nearest children’s hospital. She died en route.

So, what did her upstanding father do for her other than delay medical attention?

This post was edited by timmayX on Dec 15 2018 08:20pm
Dec 15 2018 08:32pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Dec 15 2018 07:15pm)
They are coming from no chance. They aren't risking it all because of tales of water jugs they are risking it all because they have nothing else and no chance to change it in their current area.

I lived in a place that has about 1/2-1/3 the GDP per capita compared to most of these Central American countries. Most of these people are pleb farmers. Maybe life is not all you want it to be but not very many people are actually starving to death or coming from active war zones.

The percentage of people in Latin America and the Caribbean who are affected by hunger (Figure 1) has decreased from 15% in 1990–1992 to 6% in 2014–2016 (FAO, IFAD & WFP, 2015).

They come from fairly good climates that get a decent amount of foreign aid. They are economic migrants seeking a better way of life, which is entirely understandable. Is it ever possible for your to try and have an honest conversation without resorting to appeals to emotion that don't represent reality?
Gold: 51.93
Dec 15 2018 08:46pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 16 2018 01:32pm)
I lived in a place that has about 1/2-1/3 the GDP per capita compared to most of these Central American countries. Most of these people are pleb farmers. Maybe life is not all you want it to be but not very many people are actually starving to death or coming from active war zones.

They come from fairly good climates that get a decent amount of foreign aid. They are economic migrants seeking a better way of life, which is entirely understandable. Is it ever possible for your to try and have an honest conversation without resorting to appeals to emotion that don't represent reality?

6 percent of millions is a pretty large number.
Dec 15 2018 08:47pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2018 07:32pm)

I notice you use your immigration as a shield for your 90s conservative talking points all the time. How old were you when you came? Very young were you not?

Honest conversation with you? You were a cringe fest before trump after trump there are no honest conversations with you. You just blamed people that leave water out for a girl that died of dehydration ffs
Dec 15 2018 08:57pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Dec 15 2018 07:47pm)
I notice you use your immigration as a shield for your 90s conservative talking points all the time. How old were you when you came? Very young were you not?

Honest conversation with you? You were a cringe fest before trump after trump there are no honest conversations with you. You just blamed people that leave water out for a girl that died of dehydration ffs

I was 10 but I remember my childhood well. Came from a country with GDP per capita that was 1/3* of El Salvador in 1994. I'm picking 1994 because that's the earliest I remember. It's not a crutch, it's from a person that has seen what poverty looks like and when I see first world faggots like yourself constantly tell lies about the world it bothers me. The world is hard and I feel for these people but let's have an honest conversation not 80-iq "they literally have no choice, they will die if they don't migrate" bullshit

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Dec 15 2018 08:59pm
Dec 15 2018 08:59pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2018 07:57pm)
I was 10 but I remember my childhood well. Came from a country with GDP per capita that was 1/5 of El Salvador in 1994. I'm picking 1994 because that's the earliest I remember. It's not a crutch, it's from a person that has seen what poverty looks like and when I see first world faggots like yourself constantly tell lies about the world it bothers me. The world is hard and I feel for these people but let's have an honest conversation not 80-iq "they literally have no choice, they will die if they don't migrate" bullshit

Says the guy that just said they will stop trying if people stop leaving water out
Gold: 475.46
Dec 15 2018 09:01pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Dec 14 2018 07:40pm)
leftist shitmedia is the enemy of the people

sowing division and hate through lies

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll