d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev14511451245134514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,978.00
Oct 20 2024 10:10am
How interesting how the sentiment has changed. People who spoke with absolute unshakeable certainty that Ukraine would win this war decisively are changing their tone to something more realistic.

Let me guess this will be memory holed just like Covid was. "Oopsie!"
Gold: 17,575.00
Oct 20 2024 10:14am
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-reports-on-14-million-mobilised-people-ready-for-holy-war/ar-AA1sn0OX

Does Kim realize his starving troop won't last 3 month vs SK?

Ready to eat grass and one another maybe, not much more.
Gold: 48,886.00
Oct 20 2024 10:16am
Quote (Fnall @ 21 Oct 2024 00:14)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-reports-on-14-million-mobilised-people-ready-for-holy-war/ar-AA1sn0OX

Does Kim realize his starving troop won't last 3 month vs SK?

Ready to eat grass and one another maybe, not much more.

This is the same sentiment a number if posters have on Russians 2 years back on this thread.

Guess what?

Furthermore, if you think a "modern " army can win a nuclear armed country, you need to think twice.

North Kirean lives are way cheaper than SK. It will be ashamed that all those beautiful buildings in gangnam are leveled.

Please note that NK is a shithole, whether they get bombed or leveled doesn't matter. You are just helping them clear their shithole buildings for free to be rebuild by the Chinese.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Oct 20 2024 10:19am
Oct 20 2024 10:20am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 21 2024 01:16am)
This is the same sentiment a number if posters have on Russians 2 years back on this thread.

Guess what?

maybe same poster claim Russia will be on EU border in few month, 500,000 dead+300,000 injured russian later still away 20 miles from where start with mass advantage first months
Oct 20 2024 10:25am
Quote (Fnall @ 21 Oct 2024 00:20)
maybe same poster claim Russia will be on EU border in few month, 500,000 dead+300,000 injured russian later still away 20 miles from where start with mass advantage first months

Russia isn't interested in EU. A direct war with any NATO country will means nukes are used.

Anyone who thinks that needs to rethink. Furthermore , look at the map, it is quite obvious Nato already have Russua surrounded. Ukraine is just the icing on top to change their government to toe the line of NATO and the West.

A good strategy, considered if Russia falls, China will be contained without a fight and NK and Iran neutralized.

Wishful thinking, but a well founded one.

Oct 20 2024 10:36am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 21 2024 01:25am)
Russia isn't interested in EU. A direct war with any NATO country will means nukes are used.

Anyone who thinks that needs to rethink. Furthermore , look at the map, it is quite obvious Nato already have Russua surrounded. Ukraine is just the icing on top to change their government to toe the line of NATO and the West.

A good strategy, considered if Russia falls, China will be contained without a fight and NK and Iran neutralized.

Wishful thinking, but a well founded one.

Ex-allies of Russia expanded NATO by asking and sometime pleading to join, and couldn't pull their weight in term of financing their own military in many cases. Some horrible tactic to surround Russia with allies that won't be ready to fight if anything.

Or maybe it just Russia and its shit history all aware of, thats to blame, unable to create any normal living condition for normal people, all smart Russian already left anyway, 21th century war is first for brains not for land.

To understand how Russia value people you dont have look too far:

This post was edited by Fnall on Oct 20 2024 10:40am
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 20 2024 10:44am
Quote (Fnall @ Oct 20 2024 09:36am)
Ex-allies of Russia expanded NATO by asking and sometime pleading to join, and couldn't pull their weight in term of financing their own military in many cases. Some horrible tactic to surround Russia with allies that won't be ready to fight if anything.

Or maybe it just Russia and its shit history all aware of, thats to blame, unable to create any normal living condition for normal people, all smart Russian already left anyway, 21th century war is first for brains not for land.

It's the intrinsic hubris of the regime, coupled with the regime seeing these "allies" as expendable pawns to help project their sphere of influence.

These incredibly weak nations right next to Russia talk the most sh*t (the Baltics being the main ones) but have nothing to back it up except for having "powerful friends" in America. When they're on the chopping block they'll cry that America has betrayed them, while the regime chastises them for not fighting until the last man is dead
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 20 2024 10:53am
Quote (Thebarba @ 20 Oct 2024 18:10)
How interesting how the sentiment has changed. People who spoke with absolute unshakeable certainty that Ukraine would win this war decisively are changing their tone to something more realistic.

Let me guess this will be memory holed just like Covid was. "Oopsie!"

It was mostly Proximity who remained steadfast until the bitter end that Russia will lose. He seems to have a timeout now...

I, for my part, have consistently pushed back against the idea that a Russian victory is inevitable, which the pro-Russian posters in this thread have been peddling for over 2 years.
My belief in Ukraine's ability to fight this war to a stalemate has decreased over the past ~2 months, though.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 20 2024 10:53am
Oct 20 2024 10:55am
Quote (Fnall @ 21 Oct 2024 00:36)

To understand how Russia value people you dont have look too far:

https://i.postimg.cc/7DRYdHXJ/1w5h4s3jwlvb1.png

You realize we won't take you too seriously if you try posting a meme pic to prove your point ya?

This is not 9gag. :lol:
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 20 2024 10:59am
Quote (Malopox @ Oct 19 2024 11:33pm)
We speak English here as JSP is predominantly US / Canada forum and US / Canadian citizens barely speak any other language other than English. First/Second gen immigrants speak their native language ofcourse and some people pick up bits and pieces of Spanish / French in high school, but majority are not fluent enough.

International languages of commerce are English, French, Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. If you speak all 5 - you are set for life in international trade / finance.

Portuguese / German fell off hard. Hindi is local to India and they all speak English anyway plus their local language and maybe language of their neighboring states (eg Malayalam / Tamil). South East Asia speaks English or Chinese for business between each other. Africa speaks English, French and Chinese.

English is lingua franca in 21st century. It is based on Latin/ descendant from Latin, hence you are able to partially understand Latin languages if you speak English. Latin was not a Christian language.

English as lingua franca might give way to Mandarin Chinese as US/UK influence wanes in the 21st century. I will be making sure my kids speak Chinese next to English to prepare them for what’s coming. I seriously considered doing an exchange at Fudan myself when I studied at uni and I regret not doing it. I was not fluent in Chinese enough to qualify for an exchange there.

English is mandated by JSP - it is against the rules to communicate in another language, there are subforums for it

English is a Germanic language with Latin influences. The syntax is over 80% Germanic, the term English itself is derived from Anglish from the Germanic tribe of the Angles. In the present, it is a Protestant Christian language, Anglican to be precise.

It is lingua franca because our culture is the superior/dominant culture of the world. Just a statement of fact, not to put down other cultures - it's been like this since we were the victorious Northern European tribe in the war of the Age of Discovery. All the other big languages are subordinate to common English.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14511451245134514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll