d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev145044505450645074508Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Oct 17 2024 04:22am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Oct 2024 07:16)
The western two thirds of Ukraine, the parts which Russia didn't already control prior to Feb 2022, didn't feel this way though; they were strongly pro-EU and pro-West. Dito, by the way, for the Baltics, who are also ex-USSR states and no longer want anything to do with Russia.

"Life is better during peacetime than during war."
You sound like someone telling the wife of an abusive husband that she should keep her head down and take it, because he'll only beat her up even harder if she speaks up or tries to leave him.

Do the United States invade Germany if Germany refuses to go along with US wars, or makes decisions which go against US geopolitical or economic interests? No.
Russia did just that to Ukraine. So no, the situations are not comparable in the slightest.

I don't see what the European refugee crisis has to do with this debate. That's a crisis of our own making. Our politicians actively decided to open the floodgates years ago and actively decide against closing them ever since. Neither Obama, Clinton, Biden, Trump, Erdogan, Putin nor Netanyahu forced us to do that.

If your wife is cheating on you, then you are free to take away kids (Donbass, Crimea, etc). Using the same logic :)
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 17 2024 04:59am
Quote (Norlander @ 17 Oct 2024 12:22)
If your wife is cheating on you, then you are free to take away kids (Donbass, Crimea, etc). Using the same logic :)

If Russia had been content with taking Crimea and the Donbass, we would still have a frozen conflict and relative peace right now. Instead, they launched a full-scale invasion of all of Ukraine.
Oct 17 2024 05:04am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Oct 2024 13:59)
If Russia had been content with taking Crimea and the Donbass, we would still have a frozen conflict and relative peace right now. Instead, they launched a full-scale invasion of all of Ukraine.

We can continue the line with wife and husband. This is what you get for constantly beating your kids for 8 years long.
Gold: 3,941.00
Oct 17 2024 05:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Oct 2024 12:02)
I was talking about the Iraq War, and I can't think of any major consequences or retaliation by the Americans when we refused to go along.

German economy is in structural decline as a result of American interference in your sovereign affairs.

And then there was that. Check out the language, pretty stern stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/16/iraq.germany
Gold: 48,760.00
Oct 17 2024 05:37am
Quote (Malopox @ 17 Oct 2024 19:33)
German economy is in structural decline as a result of American interference in your sovereign affairs.

It will continue declining with the doctors and engineers. Replacement theory is real :wacko:
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 17 2024 05:44am
Quote (Malopox @ 17 Oct 2024 13:33)

The German economy is in decline as a result of our own mistakes of the past 20 years. A disastrous energy policy plus corporations which had gotten fat and unproductive during the good times plus betting on the wrong horse with regard to EVs plus demographic factors plus a sluggish global economy (which always hurts export-oriented nations more). Losing access to Russian gas is only one piece in the much bigger puzzle of German decline.

Oh no, they wrote us a stern letter! *gasp*

Quote (Norlander @ 17 Oct 2024 13:04)
We can continue the line with wife and husband. This is what you get for constantly beating your kids for 8 years long.

Still doesn't justify coming back to burn down your spouse's house.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 17 2024 05:44am
Gold: 3,941.00
Oct 17 2024 06:08am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Oct 2024 13:44)
The German economy is in decline as a result of our own mistakes of the past 20 years. A disastrous energy policy plus corporations which had gotten fat and unproductive during the good times plus betting on the wrong horse with regard to EVs plus demographic factors plus a sluggish global economy (which always hurts export-oriented nations more). Losing access to Russian gas is only one piece in the much bigger puzzle of German decline.

I think there was more than stern language. A lot has been done to handicap Germany to ensure ridiculous decisions are taken by your govt at the expense of German people. The German economy began showing signs of decline in the late 2010s, with more pronounced challenges emerging in the early 2020s, particularly due to several key factors:

1. Global Trade Slowdown: Germany, being an export-driven economy, was significantly impacted by slowing global trade, especially due to U.S.-China trade tensions, i.e. Germany was instructed, by the US, to stop trading with China or face sanctions. This was most pronounced in its Automotive Industry and there are various reports one could read to educate themselves on this point.

2. Energy Crisis and Inflation (2021-2022), again, Germany has taken no meaningful action related to Nord Stream. While one can argue that Germany has made bad choices over the last 20 years this should be more focused on its insistence to do what it is told by the US and not on its business ties with countries other then the US. i.e. Germany would be doing quite well thank you if it was allowed to focus on what it does best - Trade.

3. German domestic politics steering, I personally found an extremely interesting individual - a member of German Green Party that has been consistently voting against German interests (eg voting against BASF on Xinyang issue) - has studied in the same class as CIA asset Navalny in Yale leaders program of 2010 - https://worldfellows.yale.edu/person/sergey-lagodinsky/

This post was edited by Malopox on Oct 17 2024 06:32am
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 17 2024 06:54am
Quote (Malopox @ Oct 17 2024 01:08pm)
I think there was more than stern language. A lot has been done to handicap Germany to ensure ridiculous decisions are taken by your govt at the expense of German people. The German economy began showing signs of decline in the late 2010s, with more pronounced challenges emerging in the early 2020s, particularly due to several key factors:

1. Global Trade Slowdown: Germany, being an export-driven economy, was significantly impacted by slowing global trade, especially due to U.S.-China trade tensions, i.e. Germany was instructed, by the US, to stop trading with China or face sanctions. This was most pronounced in its Automotive Industry and there are various reports one could read to educate themselves on this point.

2. Energy Crisis and Inflation (2021-2022), again, Germany has taken no meaningful action related to Nord Stream. While one can argue that Germany has made bad choices over the last 20 years this should be more focused on its insistence to do what it is told by the US and not on its business ties with countries other then the US. i.e. Germany would be doing quite well thank you if it was allowed to focus on what it does best - Trade.

3. German domestic politics steering, I personally found an extremely interesting individual - a member of German Green Party that has been consistently voting against German interests (eg voting against BASF on Xinyang issue) - has studied in the same class as CIA asset Navalny in Yale leaders program of 2010 - https://worldfellows.yale.edu/person/sergey-lagodinsky/
https://i.imgur.com/5PkJjev.jpeg

German industry is uncompetitive and worker rights are inflated. Simple as. Can't compete, won't compete; Losing market share to China.
Oct 17 2024 12:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Oct 2024 14:44)

So Russia is a cuckold psycho and Ukraine is a whore with post-maternal depression xD
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 17 2024 02:52pm
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/10/17/7480130/

Generally I'm ambivalent to the Ukraine vs Russia balance of power. Whether Russia takes more or less of the breadbasket when the war ends, how much of the country they fold back into their sphere of influence- doesn't really concern me as an American. If they took the entirety of Ukraine they'd just be back where they started prior to 2014, anything we pick up beyond that is either our gain or our hungry mouths to feed, maybe just another net taker on the EU welfare buck.

If Ukraine is pursuing nuclear weapons again, I'd say its better if Russia completely crushes the country. Not enough to just leave half of Ukraine loosely aligned with the west and not formally within NATO. Having an unstable neo-nazi led failed state with nuclear weapons would be far worse than the status quo of Iran, and far easier for an intervening power to stop. Russia carpet bombing Kiev would be preferable to Zelensky getting nuclear weapons.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Oct 17 2024 02:57pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev145044505450645074508Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll