d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev144864487448844894490Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 6 2024 08:49am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 6 2024 07:40am)
You don't care that Russia supports an axis that calls for the destruction of Israel and all Jews?

Not really no. Our mutually beneficial support for Israel makes sense to an extent to buffer against our shared regional threats, not to serve them and their interests alone
Besides, Israel in the next 50 years is more likely to align with Russia than against it. That's just a product of the rabid antisemitism infecting all of western europe and liberals in America once again like its the 1930s instead of 2020s

But your mega pissed by a tattoo? The same tattoo that can be seen on hundreds, probably thousands of Russian soldiers.
There's an available compilation of Nazi symbolism in the Russian army, readily available online.

Oh mega pissed in that I don't think our blood, treasure and weapons should be given away to Nazi war criminals.
Again, you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly seem to struggle with this principle that geopolitics isn't a forced dichotomy and America doesn't need to funnel billions to Ukraine or funnel billions to Russia. Nazism is widespread among Ukrainians in this war. And that's our problem, because we're propping up their government, arming them and putting our troops on the ground supporting them. Nazism isn't widespread among Russians. Even if it were, it wouldn't be our problem, because we're not supporting Russia.

Do you comprehend this very basic concept? The idea that supporting American national interests doesn't force us to pick sides in every war in some foreign shithole, especially when supporting either side to prolong or aggravate a war would harm our own interests as well as cause a humanitarian disaster and long term power vacuum to be filled by radical militants?
Gold: 32,517.50
Oct 6 2024 08:57am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 6 2024 03:49pm)
Not really no. Our mutually beneficial support for Israel makes sense to an extent to buffer against our shared regional threats, not to serve them and their interests alone
Besides, Israel in the next 50 years is more likely to align with Russia than against it. That's just a product of the rabid antisemitism infecting all of western europe and liberals in America once again like its the 1930s instead of 2020s

Oh mega pissed in that I don't think our blood, treasure and weapons should be given away to Nazi war criminals.
Again, you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly seem to struggle with this principle that geopolitics isn't a forced dichotomy and America doesn't need to funnel billions to Ukraine or funnel billions to Russia. Nazism is widespread among Ukrainians in this war. And that's our problem, because we're propping up their government, arming them and putting our troops on the ground supporting them. Nazism isn't widespread among Russians. Even if it were, it wouldn't be our problem, because we're not supporting Russia.

Do you comprehend this very basic concept? The idea that supporting American national interests doesn't force us to pick sides in every war in some foreign shithole, especially when supporting either side to prolong or aggravate a war would harm our own interests as well as cause a humanitarian disaster and long term power vacuum to be filled by radical militants?

Nazism isn't widespread among Russians? :rofl:
Do you even hear yourself? Liar.
Can't have a serious point of view if you can't admit the obvious.

But you're down with Russia supporting Irans goal of eradicating Israeli Jews?

In short you are predujiced against Ukrainians because Russian Nazis and Russian support for a literal anti-semitic axis intent on genocide, is chill for you?
Oct 6 2024 09:12am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 6 2024 09:57am)
Nazism isn't widespread among Russians? :rofl:
Do you even hear yourself? Liar.

You pointed to a group with ~30 members lmao

But you're down with Russia supporting Irans goal of eradicating Israeli Jews?

"Down with"? "Chill for me"?
Holy shit do you seriously not get the idea of the world existing outside of your dichotomy of "with us or against us"?
Am I down with the RSF massacring and raping tens of thousands of Sudanese? I'm not about to lift a finger to help either side, nor do I go around demanding America lead an invasion of Sudan. Its a Sudan problem, not ours.

Again, can you even fathom the idea of American national interests not adhering to a dichotomous support for either side of a foreign war in some shithole half of America can't even find on a map?
Oct 6 2024 09:18am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 6 2024 04:12pm)
You pointed to a group with ~30 members lmao

"Down with"? "Chill for me"?
Holy shit do you seriously not get the idea of the world existing outside of your dichotomy of "with us or against us"?
Am I down with the RSF massacring and raping tens of thousands of Sudanese? I'm not about to lift a finger to help either side, nor do I go around demanding America lead an invasion of Sudan. Its a Sudan problem, not ours.

Again, can you even fathom the idea of American national interests not adhering to a dichotomous support for either side of a foreign war in some shithole half of America can't even find on a map?

Educate yourself on ultra nationalism in Russia, although I think you are already aware and intentionally feigning ignorance.
Perfect, then write to your senator. Don't use the "Ukraine are Nazis!" trope to morally justify your unhappiness with American foreign policy; that makes you appear like a raging hypocrite.

Just say you don't give a fuck about Ukraine or the existing global order.
Its a lot more respectable than "Swaztika tattoo, bad; Chanting death to Israel, fine"
Oct 6 2024 09:29am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 6 2024 10:18am)
Educate yourself on ultra nationalism in Russia, although I think you are already aware and intentionally feigning ignorance.

As per this thread, it seems like I have a much better understanding than you do and I was able to approximate the relative size of the groups you tried to compare.

Don't use the "Ukraine are Nazis!" trope to morally justify your unhappiness with American foreign policy; that makes you appear like a raging hypocrite.

My man you have used the past few years to literally side with Nazi war criminals, I cannot even begin to approximate the relative size of your hypocrisy.
After everything we heard about "Unite the Right" and cryptonazis and Trump not knowing who Nick Fuentas is, now you've thrown in your lot with people who sieg heil in front of a nazi flag

Just say you don't give a fuck about Ukraine

How many times do you think I've said that in this thread? 4488 pages for you to comb through, it probably pops up every 10 on average.
You could actually use a script to search this thread and ctrl f out all the "don't care" + "goomshill" and count up the instances
Oct 6 2024 09:43am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 6 2024 04:29pm)
As per this thread, it seems like I have a much better understanding than you do and I was able to approximate the relative size of the groups you tried to compare.

My man you have used the past few years to literally side with Nazi war criminals, I cannot even begin to approximate the relative size of your hypocrisy.
After everything we heard about "Unite the Right" and cryptonazis and Trump not knowing who Nick Fuentas is, now you've thrown in your lot with people who sieg heil in front of a nazi flag

How many times do you think I've said that in this thread? 4488 pages for you to comb through, it probably pops up every 10 on average.
You could actually use a script to search this thread and ctrl f out all the "don't care" + "goomshill" and count up the instances

Just say how you feel, don't be scared or use some Nazi trope as cover.

You clearly have zero understanding if Russias problem with ultra Nationalism and its not my place to educate you. Don't mix it with a heavyweight if you can't do the research.
I'll give you a couple bitesize chunks if that's your level
Rusich has 30 members?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusich_Group
Try a few hundred, minimum.

Dig into Alexander Dugin, Stephen Bannon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_nationalism

Let me know if you level up
Oct 6 2024 09:51am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 6 2024 10:43am)
You clearly have zero understanding if Russias problem with ultra Nationalism and its not my place to educate you. Don't mix it with a heavyweight if you can't do the research.
I'll give you a couple bitesize chunks if that's your level
Rusich has 30 members?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusich_Group

So one of two things happened here. Either you simply did not read my previous posts in which I explained the relative size of these groups and somehow missed that I actually laid out that the reports of "hundreds" are outdated and unreliable, before the collapse of wagner and not in line with the groups own records which show a more accurate number in "dozens" or "thirty". Or, you have some kind of disability that keeps you from processing information like normal people and you tried to make the same argument twice after I already debunked it

Again;

Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 6 2024 04:50am)
How many members of the Rusich Group are there and how much political power do they hold?
How many members of the Azov Brigade are there and how much political power do they hold?

The best estimates on current strength place the Rusich Group around 30 individuals, unsourced claims list "a few hundred", but their own group details from a few years ago list "several dozen". They hold no political power at all
The Azov Brigade claims it has recruited to reach ~7000 men in the past few years, up from the 250-900 estimated prior to the war. They were intimately involved in the Maidan and the vanguard of the revolution, and occupied both elected government (representing thousands more people) as well as appointed positions and military posts, and indeed represent the single largest and most powerful faction in Ukraine outside of the power structure propped up by the west, making them the challenger apparent to Zelensky & co should the government collapse. And that's already started to play out with power plays and high level staff rearrangement in the top brass.

So if we were comparing the second most powerful group in Ukraine to ~30 mercenaries out of a PMC that listed 85,000 members prior to being axed in 2023, it doesn't seem like much of a comparison. I mean, if we were talking about the Wagner Group at large, they represent at least some political clout in Russia even if Prizoghin (the late elder) proved that they aren't 2nd, 3rd or 4th, certainly not above the various oligarch factions and Federal Council / Duma. Wouldn't be the same but it would be closer.

Oct 6 2024 10:21am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 6 2024 04:51pm)
So one of two things happened here. Either you simply did not read my previous posts in which I explained the relative size of these groups and somehow missed that I actually laid out that the reports of "hundreds" are outdated and unreliable, before the collapse of wagner and not in line with the groups own records which show a more accurate number in "dozens" or "thirty". Or, you have some kind of disability that keeps you from processing information like normal people and you tried to make the same argument twice after I already debunked it

Again;

I'll give you a final chance to save face.

Do you truly believe Russia does not have a problem with ultranationalists?
Or to use your favourite trope, Nazis.

This question is 100% a test of your integrity so do treat it as such.
Gold: 100,701.50
Oct 6 2024 11:00am
LOOOL give this guy a medal.

"There are no nazis in Ukraine they're in Russia"

Oct 6 2024 11:00am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 6 2024 11:21am)
I'll give you a final chance to save face.
Do you truly believe Russia does not have a problem with ultranationalists?
Or to use your favourite trope, Nazis.
This question is 100% a test of your integrity so do treat it as such.

Again, neo-Nazis are not heavily represented in Russia nor do they hold positions of power like elected office. They do not represent a substantial political presence, unlike Ukraine where Azov holds inordinate amounts of influence and represents a very real chance of taking over the government in the near future. You had every chance to lay out your own examples and try to come up with a story of massive Nazi influence in Russia, and you identified a group that couldn't fill a single classroom, a few dozen people with no power.

In fact if anything, neo-Nazism is more represented in Ukrainians who sided with Russia among the separatist forces since there are some convoluted loyalties where Banderites have actually fought on both sides of the conflict. So that leads to the funny scenario where the Nazis that Russia actually does have folded into a military role, are those its inheriting from Ukraine. I would guess the number of Ukrainian Nazis siding with Russia exceeds the number of active ethnic Russian Nazis, since Russia has long since been stamping them out in the domestic sphere.

There is no test of your integrity, because you have already sided with the Nazis
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev144864487448844894490Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll