d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev14472447344744475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
Sep 25 2024 12:53pm
Quote (zorzin @ 25 Sep 2024 13:41)
Russia’s nuclear doctrine to include attacks on nonnuclear states

.The updated version of the document proposes that aggression against Russia by any non-nuclear-weapon state, but with the participation or support of a nuclear-weapon state, should be considered as a joint attack on the Russian Federation,” Putin told the council.

Writing on Telegram, Russian propagandist Sergey Markov said that the threshold for the use of nuclear had now been lowered and predicted that it would be easier for Russia to deploy nuclear weapons. “Generally speaking this means that Russia under the new doctrine can now use nuclear weapons against Ukraine. Ukraine’s aggression in Kursk region is there. There is support of nuclear U.S., Britain and France. So it is already possible to hit Kyiv with nuclear weapons,” said Markov
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/09/25/putin-nuclear-deterrent-ukraine-threat/

Strategic nukes were always on the table no? Wasn't sure if this was just some flexing on the Russians part. I'd have done the same thing if I was them to be honest. God damn the west pretending about their minimal involvement is hilarious...

Is the West going to use this as more "Putin bad" "Fund Ukraine" garbage?
Gold: 32,517.50
Sep 25 2024 12:53pm
GB smashes Argentina and its somehow a joke.
Argentina joins BRICS its a dagger to the heart of the ossient.
Hypocrisy manifests itself again. :thumbsup:

For comparison in Argentinas population was roughly half that of Great Britain. And over 8000 miles from London.

Russias population is over 3 times that of Ukraine and literally share a land border.

The poorest nation in Europe stopped the world's allegedly second most powerful miltary; And then invaded them in return.

The optics just don't get any worse. Hopefully North Korea can trade some slaves for all that Russian hardware the Kremlin is paying for while overheating the economy; because any level headed nation purchasing arms, just witnessed the worst advert for Russian arms feasibly imaginable.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Sep 25 2024 12:55pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Sep 25 2024 01:00pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Sep 25 2024 08:53pm)
GB smashes Argentina and its somehow a joke.
Argentina joins BRICS its a dagger to the heart of the ossient.
Hypocrisy manifests itself again. :thumbsup:

For comparison in Argentinas population was roughly half that of Great Britain. And over 8000 miles from London.

Russias population is over 3 times that of Ukraine and literally share a land border.

The poorest nation in Europe stopped the world's allegedly second most powerful miltary; And then invaded them in return.

The optics just don't get any worse. Hopefully North Korea can trade some slaves for all that Russian hardware the Kremlin is paying for while overheating the economy; because any level headed purchasher of weaponry just witness the worst advert for Russian arms feasibly possible.

1) Argentina never joined BRICS get your facts strait comrade.

2) Ukraine is already crushed and kept in the fight by 50 odd countries that keep delivering everything from weapons to cash to pay the wages lmao

Sep 25 2024 01:05pm
The decision was made to join brics and celebrated by local kremboys, only for Milei to rightfully pull out of the hell pact.

Party poppers won't be wasted though, they got Belarus to join :rofl:

Ura :thumbsup:
Sep 25 2024 01:26pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Sep 25 2024 09:05pm)
The decision was made to join brics and celebrated by local kremboys, only for Milei to rightfully pull out of the hell pact.

Party poppers won't be wasted though, they got Belarus to join :rofl:

Ura :thumbsup:

Dishonest as per usual SMH

At best Argentina was mentioned in the list of countries that planned to join and I remember I pointed out that it was probably a good thing Argentina never joined.

But hey keep it up comrade and keep celebrating that the UK was able to subdue an opponent like Argentina I hope it helps soften the blow that your country's foreign policy regarding Ukraine has failed hopelessly :thumbsup:
Sep 25 2024 01:38pm
Being almost 3 years into a 3 week operation.

Definition of failing hopelessly. Meatgrinder.
Sep 25 2024 01:50pm
Day 5K something of Ukraine will join NATO sounds more like the definition of failing hopelessly.

Not even mentioning getting wiped out by your much larger neighbor that has more of everything despite the help of entire NATO and their allies.

Gold: 2,075.69
Sep 25 2024 01:55pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Sep 25 2024 11:53am)
Strategic nukes were always on the table no? Wasn't sure if this was just some flexing on the Russians part. I'd have done the same thing if I was them to be honest. God damn the west pretending about their minimal involvement is hilarious...

Is the West going to use this as more "Putin bad" "Fund Ukraine" garbage?

I imagine that they were de jure not on the table as per their codified nuclear doctrine at the time, but if they do update & codify an amended nuclear doctrine as suggested wrote that would change things. The amendment quoted by makes sense to me, nuclear states dogpiling on another nuclear state via a proxy should not be encouraged but deterred.

This post was edited by El1te on Sep 25 2024 01:56pm
Gold: 13.37
Sep 25 2024 02:01pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 25 Sep 2024 19:37)
That's how you conduct a special miltary operation over 8000 miles away. In a matter of weeks.

Russia failing with its apparently existential war just a few hundred miles from the capital.

You've been Gerasimoved comrades

Just shows the lack of education about history of your own country. Unless you still think that Scotland is somewhat free and independent.
Gold: 30.00
Sep 25 2024 02:14pm
Quote (El1te @ 25 Sep 2024 14:55)
I imagine that they were de jure not on the table as per their codified nuclear doctrine at the time, but if they do update & codify an amended nuclear doctrine as suggested wrote that would change things. The amendment quoted by ^zorzin makes sense to me, nuclear states dogpiling on another nuclear state via a proxy should not be encouraged but deterred.

What I'm sort of more baffled by is the fact that nuclear weapons can be detonated strategically without tainting the entire planet in radiation. Even back at the end of the Cold War the nuclear technology had been developed to a point where essentially a "clean nuke" aka "one without the harmful effects of radiation etc" was possible.

Most people think nukes won't be used because "it would harm themselves and the planet" when in actuality the Russians can eviscerate a target like we did in Hiroshima/Nagasaki without any of the negative repercussions.

Major reason why JFK was killed was because he wanted to end the Cold War and have us and the Soviets go to the moon together and put a straight stop to the military industrial complex pumping the Americans and the Soviets. When he saw the danger presented by such nuclear technology he realized how much closer to all out nuclear war then everyone thought.

Now here we are again....playing the same game.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14472447344744475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll