d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev144684469447044714472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,714.44
Sep 23 2024 10:45am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 23 Sep 2024 17:54)
Some people really struggle with basic logic. There was no reason for a Russia-backed separatist movement (away from the Ukrainian Government) prior to 2014, because the ruling Government prior to 2014 was Pro Russian. It seems some people insist on calling people liars and being dishonest, purely as a tool to deflect away from their own flawed vision.

Zelensky on one of his Cocaine Flashes openly addmited Blackrock / Vanguard are the new owners of Ukraine & all this is about resources & trillions of dollars... :)

Some people are delusional, some people are simply PAID from the "puppet-masters". :)

However, my Grandfathers kicked the shit out of the Nazi´s in the WW2, my Grandchildren will kick the shit out of the Nazi´s wherever whenever is nessesary ;)

To circle back on the Delusional part: The happenigs in Africa, Middle & South America, all the BRICS story... the tendencies are clear... the stupid will keep their heads sticked in some "über" bs...

But not everyone who supports Ukraine is evil or stupid. Many are manipulated, they genuinly think Ukraine war is about Freedom & Democracy.

Many of the "many" are awakening, connecting the dots...

Look on the actions of people like Kim Iversen, Clayton & Nataly Morris, Roger Watters , etc...

The hidden fascist bastards will fail again.

No Passaran.

This post was edited by aRMakedon on Sep 23 2024 10:45am
Gold: 46,068.00
Sep 23 2024 10:48am
Quote (aRMakedon @ 24 Sep 2024 00:45)
Zelensky on one of his Cocaine Flashes openly addmited Blackrock / Vanguard are the new owners of Ukraine & all this is about resources & trillions of dollars... :)

Some people are delusional, some people are simply PAID from the "puppet-masters". :)

However, my Grandfathers kicked the shit out of the Nazi´s in the WW2, my Grandchildren will kick the shit out of the Nazi´s wherever whenever is nessesary ;)

To circle back on the Delusional part: The happenigs in Africa, Middle & South America, all the BRICS story... the tendencies are clear... the stupid will keep their heads sticked in some "über" bs...

But not everyone who supports Ukraine is evil or stupid. Many are manipulated, they genuinly think Ukraine war is about Freedom & Democracy.

Many of the "many" are awakening, connecting the dots...

Look on the actions of people like Kim Iversen, Clayton & Nataly Morris, Roger Watters , etc...

The hidden fascist bastards will fail again.

No Passaran.

I think most of us here do not believe it is for Freedom & democracy. That is what I would like to believe. :lol:
Gold: 4,575.69
Sep 23 2024 10:51am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 23 2024 09:30am)
If Russia truly saw itself in an existential struggle, they wouldn't have half-assed the initial invasion so badly. Or nonchalantly shrug off the 1300km of new NATO border they got from Finland's accession to the alliance.

Can you not say this exact same thing about Israel and it's very slow takeover of Gaza and Lebanon? Russia, like Israel, is trying to thread the needle with public optics. A full mobilization blitzkrieg into Ukraine on Day 1 looks bad for them. They framed their initial incursion as a lower scale special military operation for this reason. Russia still fears the USA and their military might, like Israel fears USA sentiment turning against them, and public US appetite for a hot war with Russia is much stronger if they went full on Ukraine invasion.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 23 2024 10:56am
Quote (aRMakedon @ 23 Sep 2024 17:13)
More than 70 % of us here in Germany are completely aware what is going on in Ukraine, and we are strongly against prolonging the war.

The Warmongers & their servants will end up in Jail, or dead.

It is the only possible outcome...

p.s. my numbers are reflecting the poll results in the recent elections. the current Government parties got ~ 30 % ... and falling down...

Just to chime in and put this in perspective: Germany's biggest opposition party, the mainstream "conservative" CDU which is polling at 33% right now, is staunchly transatlanticist and pro-Ukraine/anti-Russia too. There are also some 10-ish percent in polls for various minor parties for whom it isn't clear where they stand on this conflict (e.g. the Animal Rights Party).

All in all, polls show some 63% for pro-Ukraine parties and roughly 67% among the parties which poll above 2.5%. Public opinion is slowly but surely trending against our involvement in this war, and the pro-Russian parties combine for roughly 50% in the states of former East Germany, but overall, there still is a clear majority in favor of supporting Ukraine. Not unconditionally, and probably not indefinitely, but at least to some degree.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 23 2024 11:02am
Sep 23 2024 11:04am
Quote (El1te @ 24 Sep 2024 00:51)
Can you not say this exact same thing about Israel and it's very slow takeover of Gaza and Lebanon? Russia, like Israel, is trying to thread the needle with public optics. A full mobilization blitzkrieg into Ukraine on Day 1 looks bad for them. They framed their initial incursion as a lower scale special military operation for this reason. Russia still fears the USA and their military might, like Israel fears USA sentiment turning against them, and public US appetite for a hot war with Russia is much stronger if they went full on Ukraine invasion.

Maybe you can check if my train of thoughts is correct.
Russians somehow treated the Ukrainians as their so called " own people " due to historical kinship culture and what not. which is also why they do not want it to be full blown in a way.

I am sure if it was some other country making the first move on the Russians, they might just go all out.
But nobody is going to win.

It will be somewhat of a worldwide war.

Maybe the Indians will somehow win, they will sit there and watch and eat chicken curry and watch Bollywood movies and cricket. :lol:
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 23 2024 11:09am
Quote (El1te @ 23 Sep 2024 18:51)

Not really. Hamas was intentionally hiding behind civilians in an insanely packed urban environment in a cynical attempt at maximizing the number of civilian casualties on their own side. Ukraine's leadership sent trained military and fighters to the front lines and encouraged the civilians to stay behind or even flee to safety. Also, Russia went fully mask-off in February 2022 anyway. In terms of optics, it wouldn't have made a difference to invade with 350k troops instead of 180k.

At the very least, a Russia which genuinely sees this conflict as an existential threat would have mobilized further troops a few weeks or months into this conflict once the initial raid had been repelled, to prevent the collapse of its front lines which we saw in August/September 2022.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 23 2024 11:10am
Sep 23 2024 11:19am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 23 2024 10:04am)
Maybe you can check if my train of thoughts is correct.
Russians somehow treated the Ukrainians as their so called " own people " due to historical kinship culture and what not. which is also why they do not want it to be full blown in a way.

I am sure if it was some other country making the first move on the Russians, they might just go all out.
But nobody is going to win.

It will be somewhat of a worldwide war.

Maybe the Indians will somehow win, they will sit there and watch and eat chicken curry and watch Bollywood movies and cricket. :lol:

I would agree with this, I'd say the overall Russian view is that Ukrainians are kin/the same people, similar to how the Dutch and Austrians are the same people as Germans. Though there is alot of bad blood between them, ideological and not racial (except on the Nazi Azov side who delusionally consider themselves Germanic).

The Indians will never win they just persist 😅
Sep 23 2024 11:21am
Quote (El1te @ 24 Sep 2024 01:19)
I would agree with this, I'd say the overall Russian view is that Ukrainians are kin/the same people, similar to how the Dutch and Austrians are the same people as Germans. Though there is alot of bad blood between them, ideological and not racial (except on the Nazi Azov side who delusionally consider themselves Germanic).

The Indians will never win they just persist 😅

Bro don't count the Indians out. Give credit when it is due.
They have delicious curry. :thumbsup:
Gold: 100,701.50
Sep 23 2024 11:23am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Sep 23 2024 06:02pm)
You literally just punked yourself :thumbsup:
How can an allegedly Pro Russian Yanukovych government, in Russia's sphere of influence not already be under any influence of Russia?

Make your minds up.

Its just a coincidence that Russian separatists/ mercenaries and Russian influence existed in Moldova, Latvia, Georgia, Belarus and even Syria.
But Ukraine? No, never Ukraine. The region that Russia claims caused an existential war; They would never pursue separatism in Ukraine.

Shills.

Holy shit. NATO / EU expanding their sphere of influence is what caused this shit war. The West has openly held meetings regarding Ukraine since 2004 --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yalta_European_Strategy and announced future NATO membership for Ukraine in 2008 --> https://www.nato.int/docu/update/2008/04-april/e0403h.html

And Syria? What happened there is called the Arab Spring (LOL), a Western backed movement designed to overthrow a bunch of leaders that the West didn't like (as per usual) and Russia simply supported the Syrian government, their long time allies --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia%E2%80%93Syria_relations

Talking about shills, lol :thumbsup:
Sep 23 2024 11:27am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 23 2024 10:09am)
Not really. Hamas was intentionally hiding behind civilians in an insanely packed urban environment in a cynical attempt at maximizing the number of civilian casualties on their own side. Ukraine's leadership sent trained military and fighters to the front lines and encouraged the civilians to stay behind or even flee to safety. Also, Russia went fully mask-off in February 2022 anyway. In terms of optics, it wouldn't have made a difference to invade with 350k troops instead of 180k.

At the very least, a Russia which genuinely sees this conflict as an existential threat would have mobilized further troops a few weeks or months into this conflict once the initial raid had been repelled, to prevent the collapse of its front lines which we saw in August/September 2022.

You make good points on the urban density/embedded with civilians topic, and the two conflicts certainly are apples and oranges in many respects. Ukraine has largely engaged in proper honourable warfare. Though as Hamster mentioned Ukrainians themselves are kin and most Russians are trying to avoid civilian casualties, while Ukraine is much bigger it's still a war where civilian residents are unfortunately caught in the middle. My main point is that believing you're under existential threat isn't the only factor that determines the response.

You can definitely make the argument that they would have mobilized more troops, but this is a big grey area that Putin and his men surely deliberate at length
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev144684469447044714472Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll