d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1444244434444444544464460Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,656.00
Aug 31 2024 03:04pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 31 2024 04:56pm)
It's a well crafted attempt to appeal to the masculinity of young men so they can join the fratricidal meatgrinder started by their 71 year old dictator.

Right. Now watch the below and tell me which of these two is likely to be more motivating to join and go to war?

Gold: 3.33
Aug 31 2024 03:17pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 31 2024 10:04pm)
Right. Now watch the below and tell me which of these two is likely to be more motivating to join and go to war?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-Yslv4PME

It's cringey as fuck, but they are targeting a different demographic, aren't they?

Over 20% of Gen Z identifies as LGBTQ in the US. They are also massively underrepresented in the military due to the longstanding perception that the military is not LGBTQ friendly. So if you're an army recruiter and you have exhausted the pool of the working class straight white males who traditionally made up a high proportion of the military, then it makes a lot of sense to target other demographics.

In Russia, LGBTQ is not accepted or even acknowledged by the government, so they are not going down that route no matter what. They offer a full annual Russian salary as a signing on bonus instead.
Gold: 154.37
Aug 31 2024 04:36pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 31 2024 05:17pm)
It's cringey as fuck, but they are targeting a different demographic, aren't they?

Over 20% of Gen Z identifies as LGBTQ in the US. They are also massively underrepresented in the military due to the longstanding perception that the military is not LGBTQ friendly. So if you're an army recruiter and you have exhausted the pool of the working class straight white males who traditionally made up a high proportion of the military, then it makes a lot of sense to target other demographics.

In Russia, LGBTQ is not accepted or even acknowledged by the government, so they are not going down that route no matter what. They offer a full annual Russian salary as a signing on bonus instead.

When the army creates an ad, it's shaping the narrative of what the army is and what it stands for. The advertisements we're talking about bombed precisely because they targeted people who are not by and large culturally inclined to join the army. At the same time, they're part of a much wider trend that's alienating the rural, working class military families upon whom the backbone of the army is based.
Gold: 751.50
Aug 31 2024 05:48pm
Quote (dro94 @ Aug 31 2024 11:17pm)

except that these "other" demographics are overwhelmingly not fit for military service

who the fuck wants a blue haired non binary they/them dipshit next to them in the trenches?

exactly nobody

and thats why actually capable and fit men stay away, they know they can do better than this clown world and they are not getting wasted for scumbag politicians in pointless conflicts for the military industrial complex
Gold: 109,989.69
Aug 31 2024 06:45pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 31 2024 04:04pm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-Yslv4PME

Most of those joining the military today do so for welfare benefits, the explosion of those veterans collecting a disability check for no valid reason is out of control.
There are forums dedicated to how you can claim a disability from service when you don't actually have one, just to get "Your fair share"
Aside from that the US military is a joke, and I don't think they could win a conflict against anyone.
Gold: 46,073.00
Aug 31 2024 07:33pm
Quote (dro94 @ 1 Sep 2024 05:17)

If 20% of Gen Z identifies as LBGTQ in the US. I think we will be witnessing a accelerated collapse of USA.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 1 2024 01:04am
Quote (Djunior @ 31 Aug 2024 19:28)
This is not true and you know it. If an African poverty stricken shithole asked to join NATO no one in NATO would be interested at all.

Simple facts are that NATO was obviously mighty pleased that this opportunity presented itself

Ukraine was a corrupt and poverty stricken shithole back in 2007 when they wanted to join NATO. Merkel and Sarkozy nipped their aspirations in the bud, and I would presume that they were speaking for a lot of other, smaller European countries, too.
The hypothetical with African countries doesn't make sense anyway since NATO is an alliance explicitly about defending American interests in Europe. Japan and South Korea aren't part of NATO either.

Quote (dro94 @ 31 Aug 2024 23:17)

I wonder how many of those 20% LGBTIQ*#§ among Gen Z only identify as such because it's the trendy and hip thing to do these days.

Generally speaking, professions tend to disproportionately attract certain personalities. The types who become social workers will almost never be interested in a career as a policeman, or vice versa. And when it comes to the profession of soldier, I would strongly assume that it is not appealing very much to the queer types - and not just because of "macho culture" or "toxic masculinity".

If the pool of white working-class males is exhausted, the US military should gear its ads toward tradtionally masculine black and hispanic men, rather than to women or gay men.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 1 2024 01:06am
Gold: 3.33
Sep 1 2024 02:50am
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 31 2024 11:36pm)
When the army creates an ad, it's shaping the narrative of what the army is and what it stands for. The advertisements we're talking about bombed precisely because they targeted people who are not by and large culturally inclined to join the army. At the same time, they're part of a much wider trend that's alienating the rural, working class military families upon whom the backbone of the army is based.

Do we unequivocally know the ad failed to result in an uptick in recruitment of LGBTQ people, or are you equating failure with youtube dislikes and backlash from straight white males?

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Sep 1 2024 02:33am)
If 20% of Gen Z identifies as LBGTQ in the US. I think we will be witnessing a accelerated collapse of USA.

Why don't you search it for yourself and then tell me if I'm still wrong?

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 1 2024 08:04am)
I wonder how many of those 20% LGBTIQ*#§ among Gen Z only identify as such because it's the trendy and hip thing to do these days.

Generally speaking, professions tend to disproportionately attract certain personalities. The types who become social workers will almost never be interested in a career as a policeman, or vice versa. And when it comes to the profession of soldier, I would strongly assume that it is not appealing very much to the queer types - and not just because of "macho culture" or "toxic masculinity".

If the pool of white working-class males is exhausted, the US military should gear its ads toward tradtionally masculine black and hispanic men, rather than to women or gay men.

Maybe they should be targeting different demographics, but I'm not offering my personal opinion on what demographics to target, I'm just playing devil's advocate as it makes logical sense to make a cringey ad like that if they want to recruit LGBTQ.
Gold: 100,701.50
Sep 1 2024 03:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 1 2024 09:04am)
Ukraine was a corrupt and poverty stricken shithole back in 2007 when they wanted to join NATO. Merkel and Sarkozy nipped their aspirations in the bud, and I would presume that they were speaking for a lot of other, smaller European countries, too.
The hypothetical with African countries doesn't make sense anyway since NATO is an alliance explicitly about defending American interests in Europe. Japan and South Korea aren't part of NATO either.

So you finally admit this is all about geo-politics then.

Not about dictator Putin, not about "we the good guys" and not about countries being free to join NATO.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 1 2024 04:17am
Quote (Djunior @ 1 Sep 2024 11:34)
So you finally admit this is all about geo-politics then.

Not about dictator Putin, not about "we the good guys" and not about countries being free to join NATO.

America is interested in a free, democratic Europe. If not for morals, then for the sheer fact that this system is best for business. America's economic, geopolitical and moral interests coincide in the case of Europe.

Quote (dro94 @ 1 Sep 2024 10:50)
Do we unequivocally know the ad failed to result in an uptick in recruitment of LGBTQ people, or are you equating failure with youtube dislikes and backlash from straight white males?

Recruitment continued to plummet, so it's hard to argue that these ads were a success. It's well possible that they increased LGBTQ recruitment by, say, 50% while reducing straight recruitment by 10% - and thus were a net negative in spite of successfully appealing to their target audience.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 1 2024 04:21am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1444244434444444544464460Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll