d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1444044414442444344444465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Aug 30 2024 03:20am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 30 Aug 2024 11:55)
To keep Ukraine demilitarized, the Russians would need to keep troops permanently stationed as an occupying force. This so-called "denazification" would of course just be the pretext for large-scale purges of any non-pro-Russian elements of Ukraine's society, rather than narrowly targeted at the actual nazis. At the end of the day, those are just some fancy words for "our goal is the total subjugation of Ukraine".

Also, good luck with "denazifying" the Western Ukrainian regions around Lwiw and such which are the home base of Ukraine's ultranationalists.

Good luck me. I'm from the Western Ukrainian region and the problem is not that insoluble. Lviv, for example, is speaking both Russian and Ukrainian, perfectly. Those ultra-nationalists are just individuals, but the further the conflict goes the more sound the anti-war campaign there is, people are storming military offices, burning the TCK vehicles, they are just tired of this.
I guess the history itself already answered you how to keep a country demilitarized with and without stationing occupying forces, both of the methods worked.

This post was edited by Norlander on Aug 30 2024 03:22am
Gold: 11.11
Aug 30 2024 06:11am
Quote (El1te @ Aug 29 2024 04:41pm)
Bruh I was right, their top pilot crashed it! Their "top" pilot can't even fly one! The only way to use them is to have actual trained American operators and you can't pay them enough money to throw their life away

Yup, you definitely called that one!
I gota find a new wonderwaffle to hype up now..

The whole kursk incursion is starting to look a bit silly. The Ukrainians needed air support to further/strengthen their position and now their top pilot "crashes" a f16. The Russians have already set up fortification lines and are starting to slowly stall the Ukrainian advance,hell, they still don't have permission to bring ATACMS into kursk, so this incursion is starting to run out of steam and fast.
Gold: 13,586.00
Aug 30 2024 06:17am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 30 2024 04:55am)
To keep Ukraine demilitarized, the Russians would need to keep troops permanently stationed as an occupying force. This so-called "denazification" would of course just be the pretext for large-scale purges of any non-pro-Russian elements of Ukraine's society, rather than narrowly targeted at the actual nazis. At the end of the day, those are just some fancy words for "our goal is the total subjugation of Ukraine".

Also, good luck with "denazifying" the Western Ukrainian regions around Lwiw and such which are the home base of Ukraine's ultranationalists.

The Russians won’t need to keep them demilitarized, Ukrainians themselves will want it. When this war is over in a year or two, more war/ military spend will be the last thing anyone wants. People want normality, to find work, to build families, etc. people will breathe a sigh of relief and then slowly turn on those in charge to blame for life being extremely hard as western aid is no more.
Gold: 11.11
Aug 30 2024 01:49pm
Ukraine's air force commander has been dismissed by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy after an F-16 crash earlier this week, that an MP claimed was "friendly fire".
Ukrainian MP Mariana Bezuhla claimed the jet was hit in an act of friendly fire by a US Patriot missile.

In response, air force commander Mykola Oleschuk said her words were a "tool to discredit the top military leadership".

But the air force did not directly deny that the F-16 was hit by a Patriot missile.
https://news.sky.com/story/girl-14-among-six-killed-by-russian-attack-on-kharkiv-as-55-more-injured-ukrainian-officials-say-13206148

Guess the IFF system wasn't calibrated properly. Man I fucking feel for the Ukrainians on this one.
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 30 2024 02:03pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 30 2024 12:51am)
Afghanistan was literally bordering the USSR and had been taken over by hostile islamists, so that war is actually quite comparable to the Ukraine war (from Russia's pov).
That second analogy is a mess, man. So you're saying that Russia stopping its war effort now would be "literally surrendering their people and nation to slow genocide"? Seriously?

Like I've said two pages ago (and countless times before that throughout this thread): if Russia's primary goal was to protect the Russian-speaking population of the Donbass from being "genocided" by the "Azovites and the nazi regime in Kyiv", they could stop right now. This objective has already been accomplished, if that was their true motivation, they wouldn't need to keep on pushing forward into Ukrainian territory or to keep shelling Ukrainian cities.

They couldn't stop right now, without first dismantling the present illegitimate regime. When we invaded Germany, we didn't stop at the Treaty of Versailles borders, we went in to dismantle the regime. This seems pretty clear to me.

This is the third time that the Western host has attempted to invade and subjugate Russia. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the 3rd invasion began. They don't hold any illusions about intentions from our side: the intention is to eradicate the Russian culture, a genocide. You can't just ignore the awful and abhorrent rhetoric against Vladimir Putin, the democratically elected Russian President. The rhetoric used against him is the rhetoric of conquest - "he's an evil dictator and must be stopped, Russia must be deputinified!" France tried, then Germany tried, now the USA & Western Europe under the NATO banner is trying, and failing for a 3rd time. To discuss this war without first acknowledging the aggressive expansion of NATO into Russian territory is disingenuous. I personally think we should leave Russia alone, engage in mutually beneficial trade & exchange of culture, be happy that the Soviet Union collapsed and be happy that Russia is making a genuine effort to rebuild their nation and Christian identity.

To state the obvious, an occupation of Ukraine is necessary to reform the country within the bounds of Russian Imperial law after a cease of hostilities, like every other war that ever ended in history. US troops are still occupying many nations today, 80 years later. The Russian people are not blind to the hypocrisy.

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 30 2024 02:14pm
Aug 30 2024 02:10pm
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 30 2024 05:11am)
Yup, you definitely called that one!
I gota find a new wonderwaffle to hype up now..

The whole kursk incursion is starting to look a bit silly. The Ukrainians needed air support to further/strengthen their position and now their top pilot "crashes" a f16. The Russians have already set up fortification lines and are starting to slowly stall the Ukrainian advance,hell, they still don't have permission to bring ATACMS into kursk, so this incursion is starting to run out of steam and fast.

My theory about the Kursk incursion I expect will be validated - the losing party in a war often engage in bold suicide missions for no other purpose but spite. At least it shows that at least some of them are still motivated. But really this only hardens Russian popular resolve & appetite for more brutal reprisals against Ukrainians. Soon enough, even the most highly motivated useful idiot Germanic LARPers will realize they're pawns in a proxy war
Aug 30 2024 02:19pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 30 2024 01:03pm)
They couldn't stop right now, without first dismantling the present illegitimate regime. When we invaded Germany, we didn't stop at the Treaty of Versailles borders, we went in to dismantle the regime. This seems pretty clear to me.

This is the third time that the Western host has attempted to invade and subjugate Russia. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the 3rd invasion began. They don't hold any illusions about intentions from our side: the intention is to eradicate the Russian culture, a genocide. You can't just ignore the awful and abhorrent rhetoric against Vladimir Putin, the democratically elected Russian President. The rhetoric used against him is the rhetoric of conquest - "he's an evil dictator and must be stopped, Russia must be deputinified!" France tried, then Germany tried, now the USA & Western Europe under the NATO banner is trying, and failing for a 3rd time. To discuss this war without first acknowledging the aggressive expansion of NATO into Russian territory is disingenuous. I personally think we should leave Russia alone, engage in mutually beneficial trade & exchange of culture, be happy that the Soviet Union collapsed and be happy that Russia is making a genuine effort to rebuild their nation and Christian identity.

To state the obvious, an occupation of Ukraine is necessary to reform the country within the bounds of Russian Imperial law after a cease of hostilities, like every other war that ever ended in history. US troops are still occupying many nations today, 80 years later. The Russian people are not blind to the hypocrisy.

To add, the genocidal rhetoric against Russia doesn't end with Putin, you can witness yourself in this thread the abhorrent rhetoric against the Russian people. They call them orcs and gleefully share and watch videos of Ukrainian torture & war crimes against lawful Russian combatants and civilians. And you say genocide isn't the intention, that that notion is absurd? That's bizarre to me

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 30 2024 02:19pm
Gold: 0.85
Aug 30 2024 02:23pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 30 2024 08:17am)
The Russians won’t need to keep them demilitarized, Ukrainians themselves will want it. When this war is over in a year or two, more war/ military spend will be the last thing anyone wants. People want normality, to find work, to build families, etc. people will breathe a sigh of relief and then slowly turn on those in charge to blame for life being extremely hard as western aid is no more.

Meanwhile the military industrial complex made a killing from this conflict that decimated white people on both side which is perfect for the DEI/Great replacement.

Quote (El1te @ Aug 30 2024 04:19pm)
To add, the genocidal rhetoric against Russia doesn't end with Putin, you can witness yourself in this thread the abhorrent rhetoric against the Russian people. They call them orcs and gleefully share and watch videos of Ukrainian torture & war crimes against lawful Russian combatants and civilians. And you say genocide isn't the intention, that that notion is absurd? That's bizarre to me

Most people doing that are npcs that lived their whole lives online and see this conflict like a game of Call of Duty. They have no ideas how the real world work outside going to work and coming back home from work. They are 100% npcs. I usually mute/ignore them right away as i never pay attention to losers/npcs. They drag you down. To rebuild society with real men/women you need to leave these people behind. Same with leeches and trend hoppers who need a whole month to celebrate their differences because they live a sad existence instead of helping out their communities.

This post was edited by iLoveMyUsername on Aug 30 2024 02:25pm
Gold: 46,068.00
Aug 30 2024 02:30pm
Quote (iLoveMyUsername @ 31 Aug 2024 04:23)
Meanwhile the military industrial complex made a killing from this conflict that decimated white people on both side which is perfect for the DEI/Great replacement.

Most people doing that are npcs that lived their whole lives online and see this conflict like a game of Call of Duty. They have no ideas how the real world work outside going to work and coming back home from work. They are 100% npcs. I usually mute/ignore them right away as i never pay attention to losers/npcs. They drag you down. To rebuild society with real men/women you need to leave these people behind. Same with leeches and trend hoppers who need a whole month to celebrate their differences because they live a sad existence instead of helping out their communities.

It's ok 2 of them on this thread are pretty much good riddance, one is currently on 10%.
Aug 30 2024 02:37pm
Quote (iLoveMyUsername @ Aug 30 2024 01:23pm)

I mean yeah the people doing that here are likely NPCs, but that sentiment is standard amongst Ukrainians. Hell, you have Azov, sanctioned by the Ukrainian state, who very openly and proudly declare their intentions of Russian genocide
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1444044414442444344444465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll