d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1442244234424442544264465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,670.00
Aug 8 2024 02:18pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 8 2024 04:06pm)
This might buy Ukraine some very valuable and much-needed days or weeks of relief on the south-eastern frontlines.

Perhaps they also intend to essentially take the Kursk NPP hostage and then try to "exchange hostages" with the Zaporizhzhia NPP. But then again, the Zap NPP is on the wrong side of the river, even if Ukraine took it back, they couldn't hold it.

This would ‘buy’ them relief if Russia was pulling tens of thousands of troops which are driving in south Donetsk to go to Kursk but that’s highly unlikely
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 8 2024 02:38pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 8 Aug 2024 22:18)
This would ‘buy’ them relief if Russia was pulling tens of thousands of troops which are driving in south Donetsk to go to Kursk but that’s highly unlikely

I would assume that Russia is diverting troops from the north-eastern region near Kharkiv to Kursk, and then rotating some resources from the south-east to the north-east to fill the gaps.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 8 2024 02:38pm
Gold: 109,989.69
Aug 8 2024 03:31pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 8 2024 03:06pm)
This might buy Ukraine some very valuable and much-needed days or weeks of relief on the south-eastern frontlines.

Perhaps they also intend to essentially take the Kursk NPP hostage and then try to "exchange hostages" with the Zaporizhzhia NPP. But then again, the Zap NPP is on the wrong side of the river, even if Ukraine took it back, they couldn't hold it.

suppose its possible but I think that their incursion has already petered out, with the AFU being the same reported distance 30 miles from kursk they were at 24 hours ago.
This would of never happened under Prigozhin though.
Gold: 5.00
Aug 9 2024 06:13am
I need to study how the drones were used more. The classic blitz kreig tactic wrecking Russian's again. Theyll need to secure supply line back. Maybe drones are hauling in w/e front liners need.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2024 07:55am
No matter the outcome, Russia loses. The Sanctions have hit Russia hard, millions of Russians have left the Country to avoid getting conscripted and Putin is throwing lives to keep Ukraine at bay just to feed his ego.

Russia is no longer the superpower it once was.
Gold: 11.11
Aug 9 2024 08:26am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Aug 9 2024 08:13am)
I need to study how the drones were used more. The classic blitz kreig tactic wrecking Russian's again. Theyll need to secure supply line back. Maybe drones are hauling in w/e front liners need.

https://www.reuters.com/graphics/UKRAINE-CRISIS/DRONES/dwpkeyjwkpm/

Layman's overview of how drones are being used. The most important factor is that Russia had no EW in the area so Ukraine just drone spammed anything that moved. This also allowed them to destroy the Lipetsk-2 airfield. Imo, Electronic Counter Measures (ecm) and AI targeting software ate the next leaps in drone technology.

Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 9 2024 09:55am)
No matter the outcome, Russia loses. .

Can you explain how the russian war machine loses in the current conflict? Cause sanctions sure as shit ain't stopping them fam. They're arming syria and Iran right now to attack American oil interests in the ME. I think the west pushed Russia to become a superpower again (and not just on paper)
Gold: 13,670.00
Aug 9 2024 08:51am
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 9 2024 10:26am)

Can you explain how the russian war machine loses in the current conflict? Cause sanctions sure as shit ain't stopping them fam. They're arming syria and Iran right now to attack American oil interests in the ME. I think the west pushed Russia to become a superpower again (and not just on paper)

The biggest catalyst to growth and development is adversity. It's true of the human body, it's true of competition within capitalism and it's true in war. By pushing into Ukraine we forced them to invest heavier and heavier within their military. As they lose old soviet era tanks, they replace them by firing up their war machine and pumping out modern tanks. They now produce a bunch of drones, they produce a lot of other high tech stuff that is revealed as needed in an actual modern war. In a few years when this is over, you will have a highly militarized Russia, with probably 6 to maybe low 7 figures of combat experienced men. A bunch of these will probably not fit back into society and join Wagner. I actually suspect that many of these mercenaries will end up in global hotspots. Africa, ME, etc. doing Russia's bidding. They will also have a ton of spare military tech spare capacity and will be a huge exporter of weapons and if i had to guess, it'll probably be to people that aren't exactly our friends.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 9 2024 08:57am
Gold: 11.11
Aug 9 2024 03:00pm

This post was edited by zorzin on Aug 9 2024 03:00pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 9 2024 03:05pm
Quote (zorzin @ 9 Aug 2024 16:26)
Can you explain how the russian war machine loses in the current conflict? Cause sanctions sure as shit ain't stopping them fam.

I think that's not what he meant. If the question asked is "Is Russia better off today than it would have been without invading Ukraine", the answer most definitely is 'no'. The bill for waging wars always comes due and Russia doesn't look poised to achieve the kind of swift, resounding victory which would make all of it worth it.

Whether the damage/cost inflicted by this war will be greater for Russia than for the West is a different question with a less clear answer.
Ukraine itself is of course far and away the biggest loser in all of this. Even if they end up defending their sovereignty in the end (while shedding some 20-25% of their territory), it will have come at an extraordinarily high price.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2024 03:47pm
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 10 2024 12:26am)

Layman's overview of how drones are being used. The most important factor is that Russia had no EW in the area so Ukraine just drone spammed anything that moved. This also allowed them to destroy the Lipetsk-2 airfield. Imo, Electronic Counter Measures (ecm) and AI targeting software ate the next leaps in drone technology.

Certainly.

The Sanctions have hit Russia hard, millions of Russians have left the Country to avoid getting conscripted and Putin is throwing lives to keep Ukraine at bay just to feed his ego.

Russia is no longer the superpower it once was.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1442244234424442544264465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll