d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1442044214422442344244465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 6 2024 12:21pm
Regarding Russia/Iran/Isreal:

It surely is a complex weighing of interests for Russia. They would love it if an escalation in the ME drove up oil and gas prices on the global markets, just like they would love it if a new wave of pro-Palestine protests roils Western cities. But like void said, they are not only partners with Iran, but also with SA, Egypt and the UAE, who all want stability rather than escalation. Dito for Russia's most important ally, China, who is suffering from a sluggish economy right now while sitting on a real estate bubble. The last thing they want is an oil price shock.
Gold: 100,701.50
Aug 6 2024 02:16pm
Ukraine attacks toward Kursk in another suicide attack wasting their precious resources

This post was edited by Djunior on Aug 6 2024 02:19pm
Gold: 3,971.00
Aug 7 2024 02:40am
Azov-linked personalities have launched a campaign to rename Fariz Safarov park in Kharkiv after Oleh “Malysh” Fadeyenko.

Safarov was a Soviet Azerbaijani soldier whose platoon was the first to cross the Dnipro to secure a bridgehead on its western bank during the liberation of Ukraine from the Nazis.

Fadeyenko was the founder of the openly neo-Nazi Nordstorm group. He fought against Russians as part of HUR’s Kraken unit and commanded a reconnaissance unit which he called Hatred. He was the leader of Azov Movement’s paramilitary wing Centuria which focused on recruitment and propaganda of Azov’s ideology among youngsters. Zelensky posthumously awarded him with Hero of Ukraine award.

The symbolism of the suggested renaming is pretty obvious. The authors of the petition to the city administration say Safarov’s name is associated with “the dark Soviet past” and that the renaming will “restore historical justice”.

Watch this space
Gold: 11.11
Aug 7 2024 04:55am
Quote (Djunior @ Aug 6 2024 04:16pm)
Ukraine attacks toward Kursk in another suicide attack wasting their precious resources

Ya, I still can't quite figure this one out. I mean, If Ukraine had the air power/resources to make this breakout sustainable, then yeah, it would be a decent move but so far I'm reading that the Russians are just iskandering them from afar and the ukranians have lost alot of armor in this push.

Too early to tell if this "march to moscow" will lead anywhere but it mostly seems like a PR win for now. Maybe those f16s will start doing strike missions in kursk
Gold: 3,971.00
Aug 7 2024 06:08am
Quote (zorzin @ 7 Aug 2024 12:55)
Ya, I still can't quite figure this one out. I mean, If Ukraine had the air power/resources to make this breakout sustainable, then yeah, it would be a decent move but so far I'm reading that the Russians are just iskandering them from afar and the ukranians have lost alot of armor in this push.

Too early to tell if this "march to moscow" will lead anywhere but it mostly seems like a PR win for now. Maybe those f16s will start doing strike missions in kursk

Russian milblogger collective Rybar says Ukrainian troops have captured Sudzha gas transit hub in Russia’s Kursk region which sits on the Druzhba pipeline that supplies Russian gas to Central Europe.

That appears to be how Ukraine has chosen to resolve its dispute over Russian gas supplies to Slovakia and Hungary. The Russians are likely to recapture it, but it will be destroyed in the process.
Aug 7 2024 02:01pm
Quote (Malopox @ 7 Aug 2024 14:08)
Russian milblogger collective Rybar says Ukrainian troops have captured Sudzha gas transit hub in Russia’s Kursk region which sits on the Druzhba pipeline that supplies Russian gas to Central Europe.

That appears to be how Ukraine has chosen to resolve its dispute over Russian gas supplies to Slovakia and Hungary. The Russians are likely to recapture it, but it will be destroyed in the process.

Way to alienate your European allies, lmao.
Gold: 13,685.00
Aug 7 2024 06:16pm
So right now at the very least this is embarrassing for the Russians but it could quickly turn catastrophic for the Ukrainians.

What we know:

-Between 1-2k Ukrainian troops crossed into Kursk region in a 3 pronged direction which included tanks, armor, etc

-They managed to capture at least ~40 or so border guards/terr defense that were woefully unprepared, maybe more at this point and i'm operating on old info. At least one Russian helicopter was taken down and i seen some footage of an Ukrainian column being hit by an Iskander i think.

What's the point:

-It could be a diversion and a PR stunt, especially with New York falling and Russia continue to daily gain ground in south Donetsk.

-It could be a way to actually force Russia to dedicate a fair amount of reserves and armor across the northern border

-It could be a trap for aircraft with close by AA systems ready to hit them. It could be a trap for large Russian troop concentrations that may funnel into those towns and then be hit by arty.

The problem is Ukraine does not have the capability to really entrench themselves and will risk basically being caught behind enemy lines. You won't be able to adequately resupply these units. Russia will also be hitting additional units that may look to stream in and by this point I'm sure have already deployed lots of troops including drones that can cover the border crossings. So in a few days, maybe more than a few days, the likeliest outcome is these Ukrainians will be running back across the border with pretty significant losses IMO. Apparently there is more troops in Sumy region that may join this attack--but again it's hard to envision a scenario where these gains last more than a few weeks. If Ukraine ends up losing low 4 figures in troops here, you have to ask yourself what was actually the benefit?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 7 2024 06:18pm
Aug 7 2024 07:40pm
Seems like a PR stunt if you ask me. I don't see how this attack accomplishes anything for Ukraine. It's like the 70lbs kid getting pummeled by the schoolyard bully and hitting him in the face with a feeble punch to make a point before he continues to kick his victim's teeth in.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 7 2024 07:41pm
Gold: 109,989.69
Aug 7 2024 08:35pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 6 2024 12:03pm)
Anyways Ukraine goes for another PR stunt crossing into Kursk for no real good reason looks like Neu York, which was long a bastion on frontlines is about to fall. Ukrainian accounts confirm that at least portion of the town is under Russian control.

https://x.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1820861044434055587

That's all the people in charge of Ukraine are interested in PR stunts while they probably are enriching themselves with western aid money as long as they keep kidnapping men to be sent into the meat grinder.
100% guarantee after the war is over all of those people will flee to the west and live a very lavish lifestyle.
Gold: 0.85
Aug 7 2024 09:05pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Aug 7 2024 10:35pm)
That's all the people in charge of Ukraine are interested in PR stunts while they probably are enriching themselves with western aid money as long as they keep kidnapping men to be sent into the meat grinder.
100% guarantee after the war is over all of those people will flee to the west and live a very lavish lifestyle.

That and Covid is the biggest cash grab in ages. People felt for both.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1442044214422442344244465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll