d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1440844094410441144124464Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 24 2024 06:04am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 24 2024 01:38pm)
I have no feelings either way. Don't misconstrue me with one of the emotional hedonists that frequent the forum.

Epic comment comrade. Epic.

Your post history is proof that your comment is a blatant lie and if it were true that you suddenly no longer care, your most epic flip flop :thumbsup:

Double thumb-up earned :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Djunior on Jul 24 2024 06:06am
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 24 2024 06:38am
Presumed Ukrainian assassins used a car bomb to blow up a man named Andrei Torgashov and his wife today. A couple random civilians who unfortunately had the same name as Andrei Torgashov, a high ranking commander of the military satellite wing. Whoopsiedoodle
UA outlets proudly reported on how unknown saboteurs had blown off his legs and put him in critical condition before the snafu was realized

So yeah either Ukraine emulating Mossad, or the T-800 has just started on the phonebook
Gold: 32,517.50
Jul 24 2024 06:44am
Do Russian vehicles have to pass a yearly safety inspection?
Lots of vehicles falling out of multi story windows recently.

We should all put our best foot forward and make conciliation to avoid similar future occurrences.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 24 2024 06:47am
Gold: 11.11
Jul 24 2024 07:51am
Russia Hits NATO Member Romania With Kamikaze Drone

A Russian kamikaze drone on Wednesday flew into NATO air space and detonated near a Romanian village, Ukrainian news reports said, but official Bucharest said the fact of the strike wasn’t confirmed and that they would check.
The Kremlin has said it only hits military targets or critical infrastructure in Ukraine. Kyiv officials have said the Russian bombardment mostly strikes Ukrainian homes and businesses and accused strike planners of complicity in war crimes.
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/36310
Gold: 3,971.00
Jul 24 2024 07:54am
Quote (zorzin @ 24 Jul 2024 15:51)
Russia Hits NATO Member Romania With Kamikaze Drone

A Russian kamikaze drone on Wednesday flew into NATO air space and detonated near a Romanian village, Ukrainian news reports said, but official Bucharest said the fact of the strike wasn’t confirmed and that they would check.
The Kremlin has said it only hits military targets or critical infrastructure in Ukraine. Kyiv officials have said the Russian bombardment mostly strikes Ukrainian homes and businesses and accused strike planners of complicity in war crimes.
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/36310

A drone missed port facilities of Izmail and landed on the other bank of the river at the town of Plauru?
Jul 24 2024 08:00am
Quote (Malopox @ Jul 24 2024 09:54am)
A drone missed port facilities of Izmail and landed on the other bank of the river at the town of Plauru?

Ya a big ol nothing burger. I was just amused at western journos phrasing of the incident. I swear these people are trying to provoke Russia into attacking nato so they can get their death wish of a world war.
Gold: 13.37
Jul 24 2024 08:06am
Judging by how both of the World Wars started I'd say we are either at war already or it's about to to sparkle.
Jul 24 2024 11:06am
40 clicks from the front?

Amid scepticism about Ukraine’s prospect of achieving outright victory, Syrskyi noted various positive developments. F-16s would strengthen Ukraine’s air defences. They would allow Kyiv to work more effectively against Russian cruise missiles and to hit ground targets accurately. However, there were limits to what F-16s might achieve, he stressed. They had to remain “40km or more” from the frontline because of the risk Moscow would shoot them down.
Russia had “superior aviation” and “very strong” air defences.
Because of this Ukraine was increasingly turning to unmanned aerial systems, Syrskyi said
https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/24/i-know-we-will-win-and-how-ukraines-top-general-on-turning-the-tables-against-russia

I was told that Russian aa was dogshit though? Why would the ukranians be afraid of flying these straight to Moscow?
Gold: 13,586.00
Jul 24 2024 11:09am
Quote (zorzin @ Jul 24 2024 01:06pm)
40 clicks from the front?

Amid scepticism about Ukraine’s prospect of achieving outright victory, Syrskyi noted various positive developments. F-16s would strengthen Ukraine’s air defences. They would allow Kyiv to work more effectively against Russian cruise missiles and to hit ground targets accurately. However, there were limits to what F-16s might achieve, he stressed. They had to remain “40km or more” from the frontline because of the risk Moscow would shoot them down.
Russia had “superior aviation” and “very strong” air defences.
Because of this Ukraine was increasingly turning to unmanned aerial systems, Syrskyi said
https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/24/i-know-we-will-win-and-how-ukraines-top-general-on-turning-the-tables-against-russia

I was told that Russian aa was dogshit though? Why would the ukranians be afraid of flying these straight to Moscow?

The more interesting to me, is how do they plan on actually hiding these things. They won't be taking off from Poland or Romania, so how to they plan on keeping this fleet safe?
Gold: 3,971.00
Jul 25 2024 03:15am
Big piece in Berliner Zeitung by Emmanuel Todd arguing that it is up to Germany to stand up for itself like it did in 2003 with Iraq and facilitate the end to this war:

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/politik-gesellschaft/geopolitik/emmanuel-todd-deutschland-wird-entscheiden-ob-in-der-ukraine-frieden-einkehrt-li.2236539

If it is in their interest, will the Europeans end up breaking away from the Americans and making peace in Ukraine?

In reality, it is not about the Europeans, but about Germany, the only country in Europe that is really important to the Americans. Brzeziński, the former security adviser to American President Jimmy Carter, explains this very well. The USA originally did not want to build an empire, but was drawn into the Second World War. In the end, they had to deal with the industrial powers of Japan and Germany, which are now the pillars of the American system of rule.

So it's about whether Germany separates itself from the Americans and stands up for peace in Ukraine. Germany will decide whether an endless war will continue or whether peace will return. In this sense, Germany must live up to its responsibility as a leading power in Europe. We are all waiting in Europe for Berlin to end the war.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1440844094410441144124464Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll