d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1439944004401440244034465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 19 2024 03:16am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 03:47am)
Its sad. But according to several posters in PARD its a just cause to prevent NATO expansion. Pretty wild if you think about it.

Whether a cause is 'just' isn't as material as to whether that cause is successful, and you've hitched your wagon to the losing cause of nazi war criminals.
Selling your soul to get in bed with actual nazis isn't as bad as doing it and still losing.

Just look at the microcosm of the past few days events and see how it reflects the conflict as a whole. Russia takes creeping gains after immense Ukrainian losses at Krynky. Ukrainian nu-stasi murder at least two Ukrainian draft dodgers trying to flee across the border. Azov neo-nazis go on a fundraising tour but make a pit stop to dab on dead jews at auschwitz. A woman in kyiv immolates herself like a less-stoic Thich Quang Duc to protest the ukrainian men being forcibly sent to their death. Germany plans to station US missiles and Russia talks about stationing more nukes in response like its 1962 all over again.
Thats what it looks like on 'day 876'
Gold: 32,517.50
Jul 19 2024 03:21am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 19 2024 10:16am)
Whether a cause is 'just' isn't as material as to whether that cause is successful, and you've hitched your wagon to the losing cause of nazi war criminals.
Selling your soul to get in bed with actual nazis isn't as bad as doing it and still losing.

Just look at the microcosm of the past few days events and see how it reflects the conflict as a whole. Russia takes creeping gains after immense Ukrainian losses at Krynky. Ukrainian nu-stasi murder at least two Ukrainian draft dodgers trying to flee across the border. Azov neo-nazis go on a fundraising tour but make a pit stop to dab on dead jews at auschwitz. A woman in kyiv immolates herself like a less-stoic Thich Quang Duc to protest the ukrainian men being forcibly sent to their death. Germany plans to station US missiles and Russia talks about stationing more nukes in response like its 1962 all over again.
Thats what it looks like on 'day 876'

And is that a Russian victory?

I've hitched my wagon to a people that don't want to be absolved by the Kremlins fucked up autocracy; If you want Russia to win, you want might to make right. And that sets a dangerous precedent.
Better be ready for a draft that sends a whole lot of North Americans into the Asian theatre.

Ya'll ready for that? Swap your keyboard for a rifle?

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 19 2024 03:23am
Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 19 2024 03:29am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 10:47am)
But according to several posters in PARD its a just cause to prevent NATO expansion. Pretty wild if you think about it.

Nice strawman.

No one here has called it a just cause they merely pointed out that NATO has willingly taken the risk and that this whole conflict is a matter of action - reaction.

Ask Newton about it comrade

Newton's third law simply states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

Jul 19 2024 03:34am
Quote (Djunior @ Jul 19 2024 10:29am)
Nice strawman.

No one here has called it a just cause they merely pointed out that NATO has willingly taken the risk and that this whole conflict is a matter of action - reaction.

Ask Newton about it comrade

I'm glad you agree Russia's invasion was unjustified.

You complaining about strawmen is a fabulous irony :rofl:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 19 2024 03:34am
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 19 2024 03:44am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 04:21am)
And is that a Russian victory?

I've hitched my wagon to a people that don't want to be absolved by the Kremlins fucked up autocracy; If you want Russia to win, you want might to make right. And that sets a dangerous precedent.
Better be ready for a draft that sends a whole lot of North Americans into the Asian theatre.

Ya'll ready for that? Swap your keyboard for a rifle?

You know which side I hitched my wagon to? The American side. Where I don't have to bow to any dichotomy between the cock and balls in some foreign clusterfuck. The Nazis and their allies have a with-us-or-against-us mentality, but the average American much like myself has no reason to care. Moscow is no closer to marching on Washington because its fighting a war in Kharkiv than Washington was close to marching on Moscow because we fought a war in Kabul. The only imaginable way we escalate to drafting Americans to fight overseas is because someone like Joe Biden keeps trying to escalate the conflict until it erupts into WW3. You, in the royal sense, have spent the last few years trying to convince people that Russia's war in their own sphere of influence and their own backyard is somehow an existential threat that represents an imminent danger of NATO being swept away by Putin's blitzkrieg, which is about as believable as the DPRK's insistence kim il sung used chukjibop teleportation to fold space around earth and reappear behind the japanese dogs.

What goes through the head of space alien cultists who believe the world is going to end on a specific date, only to wake up on our 3rd rock like normal? The same thing I imagine you'll experience when this war is over, some peace deal or indefinite ceasefire is in effect, the west reneges on its support and retroactively blames and repudiates the nazis and our rock keeps spinning like normal, life goes on and we don't all die with russian boots on our necks.
Jul 19 2024 03:49am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 11:34am)
I'm glad you agree Russia's invasion was unjustified.

You complaining about strawmen is a fabulous irony :rofl:

Another strawman SMH

I didn't say it was justified nor that it was unjustified.

How many times have I pointed out that it's all geo-politics / action - reaction so this is what you get. It was all predictable.

Unless Russia was another third world country unable to defend itself, they'd be bombed into submission by "the good guys" just like Libya.
Jul 19 2024 04:03am
Quote (Djunior @ Jul 19 2024 10:49am)
Another strawman SMH

How many times have I pointed out that it's all geo-politics / action - reaction so this is what you get. It was all predictable.

Unless Russia was another third world country unable to defend itself, they'd be bombed into submission by "the good guys" just like Libya.

Defend itself? :wallbash:
From NATO's imminent invasion?
I will say though in terms of embezzling state funds, Putin can give Gaddafi a run for his money; Or better say, Russian state money.
Putin defending his autocracy from encroaching democracy that all former Soviet satellite states gravitated towards. Even the ones with dictators eg Belarus.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 19 2024 04:04am
Jul 19 2024 04:54am
Quote (Djunior @ Jul 19 2024 10:49am)
Another strawman SMH

Allow me to describe the hypocrisy of your regular moral flip flopping.

"Look at NATO and their illegal invasion of Iraq, look at how they removed Gaddafi. These are immoral and unjustified actions"
"Russia's invasion of Ukraine is simply geo-politics"

Moral ambiguity. Strongman fan.
Its almost like you only have sympathy when a dictator is removed :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 19 2024 04:59am
Jul 19 2024 05:38am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 12:03pm)
Defend itself? :wallbash:
From NATO's imminent invasion?
I will say though in terms of embezzling state funds, Putin can give Gaddafi a run for his money; Or better say, Russian state money.
Putin defending his autocracy from encroaching democracy that all former Soviet satellite states gravitated towards. Even the ones with dictators eg Belarus.

Libya was bombed by NATO that's what I said. Don't act like you don't understand this it's 100% clear to everyone.

Russia doesn't have the same political system as the EU but this doesn't mean they somehow don't have the right to react to clear provocations.

The West would react in the same way how many times do we have to explain this to you comrade

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 19 2024 12:54pm)
Allow me to describe the hypocrisy of your regular moral flip flopping.

"Look at NATO and their illegal invasion of Iraq, look at how they removed Gaddafi. These are immoral and unjustified actions"
"Russia's invasion of Ukraine is simply geo-politics"

Moral ambiguity. Strongman fan.
Its almost like you only have sympathy when a dictator is removed :thumbsup:

I'm against the war, you're all for it that's the difference between you and me.

And Ukraine is clearly losing that's why you're so upset right now.

Jul 19 2024 05:56am
Quote (Djunior @ Jul 19 2024 12:38pm)
Libya was bombed by NATO that's what I said. Don't act like you don't understand this it's 100% clear to everyone.

Russia doesn't have the same political system as the EU but this doesn't mean they somehow don't have the right to react to clear provocations.

The West would react in the same way how many times do we have to explain this to you comrade

I'm against the war, you're all for it that's the difference between you and me.

And Ukraine is clearly losing that's why you're so upset right now.

No, no. Don't backtrack now.
Constant complaints of how Iraq is wrecked and how Libya is wrecked because of NATO's geopolitical actions; How they were totally unjustified actions.
Yet Putin's invasion of Ukraine is merely a geopolitical inevitability.

You want it both ways but you can't admit it :thumbsup:

I am delighted to let you revel in your hypocrisy but don't expect a free ride comrade.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1439944004401440244034465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll