d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1437843794380438143824465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 8 2024 08:26pm
So the Ukrainian MoD put out an official statement saying 11 out of 13 of Russian missiles were intercepted and the 1 that broke through hit the hospital. But other footage clearly shows at least 3 near simultaneous repeated strikes on the weapons facility, not including the one that hit the hospital, so at least 4 visually confirmable missiles and that's clearly not all the hits since that wasn't the first one hitting the facility. That's part of what makes these sorts of stories difficult to parse- its most likely a Russian missile hit near the hospital, whether errant, or targeting a power junction, or whatever- but we already know the Ukrainian response to the attack is filled with lies and propaganda up the wazoo.
But in terms of point scoring? nobody will remember this in 48 hours
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 8 2024 09:26pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 9 Jul 2024 03:46)
Ah yes, a regime that has been on the verge of death for how long now? Didn’t you post about Putin having cancer or some other terminal disease?

At this point, Putin looks like he will outlast pretty much all major western leaders. Bojo, Sunak, Merkel, soon Macron, Biden and Castro’s bastard up in Canada.

Shit atm, France looks way less stable compared to Russia. Getting whiplash with how wild the political swings are.

"Ruthless dictator who has his opponents assassinated or shipped off to the gulag outlasts democratic politicians who have to face the voters every X years."

Quote (ofthevoid @ 9 Jul 2024 04:02)
If this is the calculus, then why would Russia want to target civilians knowing it would rile up more international support? Their whole intention and path to victory is literally the complete opposite. Are they just dumb orcs incapable of foresight? Also, if the intention was really to target civilians and stack up kills, there are thousands of 10 story apartment buildings all across Ukrainian cities. They could literally target those and get at the very least double digit kills regularly. Or how about crowded open air markets? Again this theory that they'd be intentionally targeting civilians really doesn't hold. They're really bad at it if that's truly their intention.

Russia isn't indiscriminately blasting residential buildings, and they're not their primary target. They occasionally hit them, sometimes accidentally, sometimes deliberately, but neither indiscriminately nor primarily.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 8 2024 09:26pm
Gold: 32,517.50
Jul 8 2024 10:56pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 9 2024 04:26am)
"Ruthless dictator who has his opponents assassinated or shipped off to the gulag outlasts democratic politicians who have to face the voters every X years."

Russia isn't indiscriminately blasting residential buildings, and they're not their primary target. They occasionally hit them, sometimes accidentally, sometimes deliberately, but neither indiscriminately nor primarily.

With high precision weaponry.
Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 8 2024 11:18pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jul 9 2024 06:56am)
With high precision weaponry.

We don't even know what exactly happened, if the building was directly targeted or not and we'll never find out.

And you don't now either so stop acting like you do.

Go back to the Israel topic where tens of thousands of civilians were wiped out with West supplied high precision weapons.

Oh wait none of the leaders in the West really cares proven by the fact that the West continues to supply Israel :rolleyes:
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 8 2024 11:36pm
Ruscists are clearly supporting these war crimes by trying to stretch a whataboutism with Israel bombings on Gaza.

The only terrorists in Ukraine are Russians.
Gold: 3,971.00
Jul 8 2024 11:55pm
Quote (zorzin @ 8 Jul 2024 20:58)
So the theory is that a 101 targeted an electrical substation and the resulting blast damaged that wing of the hospital.

I'm still not convinced it was a 101 and there's a very good chance that the image I posted was ai altered from the original video, skewing the image to look like a 101.

The blast damage ( if the hospital was the intended target) is more consistent with a pac missle (or any aa missle). There have been dozens of examples of patriots doing 180s so this isn't out of the question.

I'm at work right now so I can't really check to see if I'm right about any of this but I still remain skeptical

So the whole “it’s Kh-101” theory bases itself on one HQ picture that shows what looks like a turbofan. We can assume that this picture is doctored as original footage is murky and there are literally 7 or 8 frames where that rocket is even visible. HQ footage is nowhere to be found.

There is another footage posted by eg Norlander that shows how Kh101s look in flight (thicker frame, wings) and how much carnage they cause with fireballs shooting up hundreds of meters above the ground.

I’m back banking on failed NASAMS theory based on the fact that KH101 is about 7.5m long (24ft for you, ameribros) which equates to about 2.5-3 floors in a skyscraper building assuming about 2.5- 3m per floor. AIM-120 missile is about 3.65m which is about 1.5 floors.

The missile was about 1.5 floors in lengths.

This post was edited by Malopox on Jul 9 2024 12:05am
Gold: 21,300.28
Jul 9 2024 12:25am
Quote (Malopox @ 9 Jul 2024 07:55)
The missile was about 1.5 floors in lengths.
https://i.imgur.com/YAqT3eQ.jpeg

gr8 paint skillz, so the missle is on the same distance as the building you're comparing it to? oh wait, no.

"In residential buildings the floor height is usually 10 feet (3m) and can go up to 14 feet(4.2m). What is the average height of a skyscraper floor? floor-to-floor height ~3.00 m / 11.8 ft) "

putting it alongside the building and the fact that it's behind the building you're comparing it to we are at around 7.5m.

sorry boy

/done checking this times deflecting tactics.

This post was edited by BaHgerAUT on Jul 9 2024 12:42am
Gold: 32,517.50
Jul 9 2024 01:07am
This is the day the mask slipped.

The opportunity for those to come out and say
"We still blame NATO for this war but Russia has gone too far attacking a children's hospital"

Instead we've got attempts at deflecting the blame for a war crime. Minimising responsibility by arguing over what weapon was used.
The exact same poster that jumped to accuse Ukraine of intentionally attacking a beach with a multi million dollar missile.

That's your lot then. Opportunity missed.
You made your bed now lay in it.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jul 9 2024 01:08am
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 9 2024 01:08am
Again I'd have to poo poo on anyone trying to identify a smudge of pixels on a fast moving object in low resolution. Reminds me of the Rittenhouse trial where the prosecution got away with presenting a blob of black pixels as the barrel of his rifle, that hung right where a parked car's rear view mirror would be. And remained there after kyle was off camera :bonk:

If it was a russian cruise missile than it blew up a nearby building and the one edge of the hospital was some collateral damage since if the hospital itself was struck it would all be rubble. The analysis of missiles on video is repeated strikes on the military building a couple blocks away all in a very tightly grouped pattern, like sonny corleone was in their crosshairs- and this one hit just a short distance away. Its more believable its one errant missile or just one extra target
Gold: 3,971.00
Jul 9 2024 01:13am
Quote (BaHgerAUT @ 9 Jul 2024 08:25)
gr8 paint skillz, so the missle is on the same distance as the building you're comparing it to?

Yeah more or less the same distance, give or take a 50m so we can ignore distortions caused by perspective as it’s negligible given they are filming from what 200-300m away? This building is right there on the square that was hit and you can see the backside damaged in the aftermath pictures.

"In residential buildings the floor height is usually 10 feet (3m) and can go up to 14 feet(4.2m). What is the average height of a skyscraper floor? floor-to-floor height ~3.00 m / 11.8 ft) "

Building code in the Netherlands mandates 3m. That doesn’t look like a luxury penthouse floor with 4.2M ceilings, so I went with 3m. Could be less in Ukraine at 2.6m or so.

putting it alongside the building and the fact that it's behind the building you're comparing it to we are at around 7.5m.

7.5m would mean it would have to confidently cover two floors of windows + spacings and then some. This barely reaches one floor (don’t forget it’s at an angle so closer to 3.5-4m actual length of the missile assuming a floor is 3m.

sorry boy

/done checking this times deflecting tactics.

No need to be an idiot like your Scottish buddy or that French communist who hates communists. You seem like the civilized one of the bunch. I’m open to constructive and logical criticism as I do realize I could be wrong. As mentioned before, I’m appalled that a children’s hospital has been hit and condemn whoever did that, be that a Russian missile or a failed NASAMS.

This post was edited by Malopox on Jul 9 2024 01:37am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1437843794380438143824465Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll