d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1434443454346434743484368Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 19 2024 11:14am
Quote (Djunior @ 19 Jun 2024 18:50)
Last time I checked China had a population of 1.4 billion. China alone, not including the others that you mentioned and not including a particularly populous BRICS member that you didn't mention (India).

Now imagine the CCP putting a bunch of those Chinese to work to produce weapons and munitions. Anyone with a brain realizes that you don't want to get to that point.

India isn't an explicit friend of Russia, even if they refused to go along with Western sanctions and instead do what's best for them (trade with both sides, profiteer). Also keep in mind that India has a decades-old military cooperation with the Russians, a lot of their military is based on Soviet/Russian technology. Hypothetically: even if the Indians wanted to join the Western sanctions and turn on Russia, they couldn't do it without cutting their own military off of crucial supplies and maintenance.

Regarding China: I'm not sure if they have arms factories which can produce shells which are compatible with Soviet/Russian artillery. North Korea does.
From what I can tell, the Chinese don't want this war to escalate into a full-blown proxy war between them and the West. They're already doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of funding and supplying Russia's war anyway. Not sure how much more they'd be willing to commit for a cause they ultimately don't care about. (The situation is not unlike ours in the West, where most people also ultimately don't care about Ukraine's fate.)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 19 2024 11:16am
Gold: 98,916.50
Jun 19 2024 11:24am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 19 2024 07:14pm)
India isn't an explicit friend of Russia, even if they refused to go along with Western sanctions and do what's best for them (trade with both sides, profiteer). Also keep in mind that India has a decades-old military cooperation with the Russians, a lot of their military is based on Soviet/Russian technology. Hypothetically: even if the Indians wanted to join the Western sanctions and turn on Russia, they couldn't do it without cutting their own military off of crucial supplies and maintenance.

Regarding China: I'm not sure if they have arms factories which can produce shells which are compatible with Soviet/Russian artillery. North Korea does.
From what I can tell, the Chinese don't want this war to escalate into a full-blown proxy war between them and the West. They're already doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of funding and supplying Russia's war anyway. Not sure how much more they'd be willing to commit for a cause they ultimately don't care about. (The situation is not unlike ours in the West, where most people also ultimately don't care about Ukraine's fate.)

I know there's already military cooperation between Russia and India and this doesn't look like old Soviet tech --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

The BrahMos (also designated as PJ-10)[13] is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarines, ships, fighter aircraft or TEL.[14] It is a joint venture between the Indian Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Russian Federation's NPO Mashinostroyeniya, who together have formed BrahMos Aerospace.[15] The missile is based on P-800 Oniks.[16][17]

In 2016, as India became a member of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), India and Russia are now planning to jointly develop a new generation of BrahMos missiles with an 800-kilometer range and an ability to hit protected targets with pinpoint accuracy. Plans are to eventually upgrade all Missiles to a range of 1,500 km.[20][21][22][23][24]

China is, together with the other BRICS members, working towards a multi-polar world. If push comes to shove China is most likely going to press on (escalate) instead of backing down (which would undermine Russia / BRICS)

Things are moving, look at the news today no one expected a Russian - North Korean defense pact but here we are.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 19 2024 11:32am
Quote (Djunior @ 19 Jun 2024 19:24)
China is, together with the other BRICS members, working towards a multi-polar world. If push comes to shove China is most likely going to press on (escalate) instead of backing down (which would undermine Russia / BRICS)

Funnily enough, India and China are geostrategic rivals in Asia and don't want the respective other to become too strong. Against this backdrop, Russia's military cooperation with both countries is interesting, to say the least.
Time is favoring China in its geostrategic competition with the US, so I think I disagree with them opting for further escalation if push came to shove. (I could easily be wrong on that one though, don't quote me when WW3 breaks out.)

Things are moving, look at the news today no one expected a Russian - North Korean defense pact but here we are.

Huh? Absolutely everyone was expecting closer economic and military ties coming out of the Putin/Kim summit...

Gold: 12,252.00
Jun 19 2024 11:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 19 2024 12:19pm)
Do we seriously believe that the combined industrial power of the West couldn't match fucking North Korea if it wanted to? The crux is that we're not serious about this war, not even trying. The lack of political will in the West is what allowed Russia to get into a dominant position.

Anyway. As the saying goes: "show me your friends and I will tell you who you are".
Russia's explicit friends on the international stage: China, North Korea, Iran, Belarus, Eritrea. What an illustrious bunch. :rofl:

Of course they can, but they're not. Who cares if I can go buy a 130k G wagon to show up my neighbor who's driving a 40k BMW? It's me actually going through with the act that would be the visible and quantifiable thing.
Jun 19 2024 11:49am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 19 2024 07:32pm)
Funnily enough, India and China are geostrategic rivals in Asia and don't want the respective other to become too strong. Against this backdrop, Russia's military cooperation with both countries is interesting, to say the least.
Time is favoring China in its geostrategic competition with the US, so I think I disagree with them opting for further escalation if push came to shove. (I could easily be wrong on that one though, don't quote me when WW3 breaks out.)

Huh? Absolutely everyone was expecting closer economic and military ties coming out of the Putin/Kim summit...

China and India are, together with Russia, pushing for a multi-polar world. We know this for a fact. That's why they put their rivalry aside for the moment.

No one was expecting a Russia - NK pact 2 years ago when the war broke out. Things have moved really fast.

And closer ties =/= a military pact

This is a serious development

Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 19 2024 07:33pm)
Of course they can, but they're not. Who cares if I can go buy a 130k G wagon to show up my neighbor who's driving a 40k BMW? It's me actually going through with the act that would be the visible and quantifiable thing.

I think they can't.

When the Euros get confronted with something as simple as a pension reform bill they torch their own cities.

Countries like NK and China slam their fist on the table and the people obey, slaving away 12 hours / 7 days per week. It's a grim reality.

This post was edited by Djunior on Jun 19 2024 11:53am
Gold: 12,252.00
Jun 19 2024 12:32pm
Quote (Djunior @ Jun 19 2024 01:49pm)

I think they can't.

When the Euros get confronted with something as simple as a pension reform bill they torch their own cities.

Countries like NK and China slam their fist on the table and the people obey, slaving away 12 hours / 7 days per week. It's a grim reality.

The threat has to be existential in nature, with most of the domestic populace feeling it and agreeing to it and then I think they would take it seriously enough and they'd be able to match/exceed industrial output. In reality, it's not existential, not even close. Most Europeans aren't dumb enough to buy into fables that if Russia isn't stopped they'll be storming Berlin and Paris, especially when they look east and see most large battles have been in relatively in small cities and towns going on two years now.
Jun 19 2024 12:41pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 19 2024 08:32pm)
The threat has to be existential in nature, with most of the domestic populace feeling it and agreeing to it and then I think they would take it seriously enough and they'd be able to match/exceed industrial output. In reality, it's not existential, not even close. Most Europeans aren't dumb enough to buy into fables that if Russia isn't stopped they'll be storming Berlin and Paris, especially when they look east and see most large battles have been in relatively in small cities and towns going on two years now.

Sure. Adding that in the West the population can simply vote the current government out of office. We already see large shifts in voting behavior.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 19 2024 01:17pm
Quote (Djunior @ Jun 19 2024 06:50pm)
Last time I checked China had a population of 1.4 billion. China alone, not including the others that you mentioned and not including a particularly populous BRICS member that you didn't mention (India).

Now imagine the CCP putting a bunch of those Chinese to work to produce weapons and munitions. Anyone with a brain realizes that you don't want to get to that point.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 19 2024 04:43pm)
For those laughing about Putin getting the royal treatment in the hermit kingdom consider this.

The EU, as of 2024 boasts it can produce about 1 million 155mm shells. South Korea claims that in the last few months, NK shipped about 3 million equivalent shells in 10k shipping containers to Russia.

It's a mutually beneficial relationship for both really. Russia has excess food exports that NK needs, NK has a huge military output capacity that's largely useless if there's no war. I mean there's only so much stock they need to hold when there's no war. If the west is banking to exhaust Russia's weapons, this just shows that's a losing proposition.

For the few i know NK shells were so shitty that alot of russian soldiers got killed by their own barrel, exploding.
Would document it, not sure if necessary

Regarding China, money is above everything and they are on the edge of getting sanctionned, and they just don't want that, especially now.
We can cut by alot our pig level consumption of useless chinese plastic shits. Btw we should right now for environmental reasons.
Jun 19 2024 01:31pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 19 2024 09:17pm)
For the few i know NK shells were so shitty that alot of russian soldiers got killed by their own barrel, exploding.
Would document it, not sure if necessary

Regarding China, money is above everything and they are on the edge of getting sanctionned, and they just don't want that, especially now.
We can cut by alot our pig level consumption of useless chinese plastic shits. Btw we should right now for environmental reasons.

So you're claiming millions of dead Russians, killed by the millions of artillery shells that NK sent to Russia? Apparently it wasn't as bad as you claim because Russia and NK just signed a military pact.

And yes, post the links claiming that NK shells explode in the barrel of the gun I bet it's gonna be Ukrainian MOD or Kiev post link, lol
Gold: 11,293.00
Jun 19 2024 01:57pm
Concentration camps shells have highest dud rate, not secret.
old = faulty

This post was edited by Fnall on Jun 19 2024 01:58pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1434443454346434743484368Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll