d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1432843294330433143324473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 13 2024 06:03am
Moscow analyst: War in Ukraine – direct result of Russia’s turn to fascism

https://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/08/moscow-analyst-war-in-ukraine-direct-result-of-russias-turn-to-fascism/

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 13 2024 12:24pm)
Actions have consequences. You fuck around you find out. Don't keep your billions in our banks then attack a country you swore never to attack in exchange for their nuclear weapons.

That was a dumb play.

Also, great irony. Russian army murders, rapes and kills civilians in a revisionist land grab ordered by an autocrat thats been in power for 25 years.

Goomshill "How dare you they steal Russias money"

Gold: 100,701.50
Jun 13 2024 06:56am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 13 2024 12:24pm)
Actions have consequences. You fuck around you find out. Don't keep your billions in our banks then attack a country you swore never to attack in exchange for their nuclear weapons.

That was a dumb play.

Also, great irony. Russian army murders, rapes and kills civilians in a revisionist land grab ordered by an autocrat thats been in power for 25 years.

Goomshill "How dare you they steal Russias money"

Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 13 2024 02:03pm)

Stealing Russia's frozen assets is going to be the dumbest move ever, closely followed by the sanctions which held the #1 spot up until now.

If you don't understand why I can't help you.
Gold: 22,190.00
Jun 13 2024 07:03am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 13 2024 06:23am)
So, seems freeworld countries sent 380 billions to Ukraine and are about send even more soon.

aka BONUS NEWS: 50 billions of russian assets.

The G7 leaders have reached an agreement “on the disbursement of 50 billion” of dollars for Ukraine via the use of frozen Russian assets, the Presidency of the French Republic announced on Wednesday evening, specifying that this disbursement would take place “before the end of 2024.” “There is an agreement. As always at the G7, the leaders make a decision and the technicians then do their work to put it into shape" to ensure that it "complies with the law", "with the rules of public finances" or even "with financial capacities from each other,” the same source explained.

Actual Greatest news for Kim, now Russia his little doggie for long time :rofl:
Jun 13 2024 07:07am
Quote (Fnall @ Jun 13 2024 03:03pm)
Actual Greatest news for Kim, now Russia his little doggie for long time :rofl:
https://media.tenor.com/tEDWno3NGOAAAAAC/kim-jong-un-clapping.gif

heh that's right, you got it right ! ^_^
Gold: 22,190.00
Jun 13 2024 07:10am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 13 2024 11:07pm)
heh that's right, you got it right ! ^_^

They going to have Exiles, nobody like or respect, parades together soon
Communist war songs already same just translated into old Korean
Happy for Kim he finally find new-old best friend
Gold: 3,971.00
Jun 13 2024 07:17am
I wish I could understand all this jeering at Russia switching allegiances to China from US/EU. I mean this huge country was all yours in every respect. If you are losing it to China as you claim, it’s only because you are idiots.
Jun 13 2024 08:50am
Quote (Fnall @ Jun 13 2024 03:10pm)
They going to have Exiles, nobody like or respect, parades together soon
Communist war songs already same just translated into old Korean
Happy for Kim he finally find new-old best friend

All this friendship, I'm almost jealous !

Gold: 12,095.00
Jun 13 2024 09:50am
Quote (Malopox @ Jun 13 2024 09:17am)
I wish I could understand all this jeering at Russia switching allegiances to China from US/EU. I mean this huge country was all yours in every respect. If you are losing it to China as you claim, it’s only because you are idiots.

The idiots really want to frame that getting Finland and Sweden into NATO (even though they were basically already folded under the western military alliance) was some great dub, while pointing and laughing that Russia is now under China's sphere is a net good in all of this.

>Haha we drove Russia to be China's bitch!

And you consider that somehow a strategic win for the west...? Instead of leveraging one of the biggest counter-weights to China both in Central Asia and to the north of them, literally two countries that based on geography and history would be natural rivals, western actions drove them solidly into China's camp, the one and true actual threat to US hegemony. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how something of this scale of retardedness happened.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 13 2024 09:51am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 13 2024 09:57am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 13 Jun 2024 17:50)
The idiots really want to frame that getting Finland and Sweden into NATO (even though they were basically already folded under the western military alliance) was some great dub, while pointing and laughing that Russia is now under China's sphere is a net good in all of this.

>Haha we drove Russia to be China's bitch!

And you consider that somehow a strategic win for the west...? Instead of leveraging one of the biggest counter-weights to China both in Central Asia and to the north of them, literally two countries that based on geography and history would be natural rivals, western actions drove them solidly into China's camp, the one and true actual threat to US hegemony. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how something of this scale of retardedness happened.

Imho, it was always inevitable that Russia would eventually align with China as the tensions between China and the West ramp up. Russia is far too small, population- and economy-wise, to be an independent third power center in the world, but also too authoritarian, imperialist and antagonistic toward the West, and the US in particular, to align with them over the Chinese.

At the end of the day, Russia could align with China while staying true to itself while an alliance with the West would have required either Russia or the West to deny oneself.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 13 2024 09:58am
Gold: 12,095.00
Jun 13 2024 10:08am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 13 2024 11:57am)
Imho, it was always inevitable that Russia would eventually align with China as the tensions between China and the West ramp up. Russia is far too small, population- and economy-wise, to be an independent third power center in the world, but also too authoritarian, imperialist and antagonistic toward the West, and the US in particular, to align with them over the Chinese.

At the end of the day, Russia could align with China while staying true to itself while an alliance with the West would have require either Russia or the West to deny oneself.

No, it actually was not inevitable. Russia is inherently a more European country. In the way they look, dress, culturally, most Russians live in western Russia not that far from European countries, most really want to access Europe for shopping, to buy cars, for tourism, and so on. 15 years ago, it was a match made in heaven, Europe gets a massive amount of it's energy from Russia, while Russia gets western goods and consumerism and increased standards of living. Europe as a whole was a much more valuable trading partner, simply due to proximity and where most Russians actually live and where their country is most developed. But then we (the US) decided we should encroach and gobble up these peripheral ex-soviet states, for no real good reason other than to inch closer militarily to them.

The real economic blocks of today should have been US, China and Europe. Instead our actions made it that it's mainly US and China (maybe India eventually). In all of this EU (with largely German economic leadership and Russian raw resources) could have been an actual center of power. Instead Europe today is a stagnating economic bloc, not able to compete with China and the US, so it's relegated as basically being the junior western partner with US being the big bro.

You want one of the more obvious indicators that the EU is stagnating and is being left behind? This is a prime example. I thought it was one of the most explicit goals recently for EU to become green, with cheap EVs as something that every consumer would want. So then why are you slapping 40% tariffs on EVs? Because you can't compete with China, because industrially they're eating EU's industrial lunch and the only way compete is through these heavy protectionist mechanisms. Which ultimately means you won't be able to compete with them in exports outside of EU.

LONDON, June 12 (Reuters) - The European Commission's decision to slap tariffs on imported Chinese EVs could have far-reaching effects for European automakers, as a possible trade war would hurt not only their business in China but also their own imports of Chinese-made cars.
Germany's automakers in particular have a lot to lose in China and the announcement on Wednesday leaves them fretting over a decision BMW (BMWG.DE), opens new tab CEO Oliver Zipse described as the "wrong way to go".
Tariffs on Chinese-made electric vehicles of up to 38.1% - equating to billions of euros - will be levied from July, but that is unlikely to deter China's automakers from exporting to Europe because they can absorb the extra cost and still make a profit.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/europes-automakers-fret-china-ev-tariff-fears-become-reality-2024-06-12/#:~:text=Tariffs%20on%20Chinese%2Dmade%20electric,and%20still%20make%20a%20profit.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 13 2024 10:25am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1432843294330433143324473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll