d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1432543264327432843294473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 319.37
Jun 11 2024 06:08am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 10 2024 08:58pm)
There's no real way to know the true number of dead/MIA from our point of view sitting thousands of miles away. On both sides, these are closely guarded secrets because neither side would want to admit to massive losses as it's just bad PR/demoralizes active troops and scares recruits from wanting to join willingly, neither would the public be happy about massive losses.

If we were honest, we'd say we don't know and at best ball park it. The Russians probably lost more very early on in the war. The Russians lose more whenever they are pushing for positions because it's inherently more costly to attack as there's a general defenders advantage. The Ukrainians are objectively not as well armed and they themselves throughout this war have acknowledged of being severely outgunned, especially when it comes to artillery. It's also been acknowledged and echoed by experts that artillery deaths represent most deaths during this war. The other factor is, Russia is able to hit the rear and has been doing so at much higher rates vs Ukraine. All throughout this war Russia has regularly hit rear training camps/hotels/logistics points/weapons caches and so on. Only recently has Ukraine has started to hit the Russian rear with ATACMS that actually makes a difference, but again these strikes are not as numerous in quantity if compared to what Russia has been doing through out the war.

Ultimately as you say, the best indicator is the fact that Ukraine has to mobilize unwilling men on an ongoing basis, and we see videos of these forced mobilizations surfacing literally daily. Russia doesn't have to do this, for two reasons really, because they pay their soldiers an attractive wage (at least by Russian standards) and having a way higher pool of men that are actually living in Russia to draw from.

So if I had to guess, I think there's probably a slight advantage in Russia's favor in KIA count because I think artillery and air support is that much of a difference maker. Ukraine has a serious problem of population leakage that Russia really doesn't. They've lost 1/3 of their population, with large swaths of men either hiding or already left the country. Men that get the chance to go abroad never come back. I've met dozens of Ukrainians in my mid-size US city that came here in the last ~year or so, many men. Even if losses are 1:1 it's simply not a sustainable war for them. The people that keep making these incredulous Russian KIA claims are just wishing things to be true because they're so heavily invested. So when Russia is making gains on the actual front lines they cope with these made up numbers, as if it's some sort of consolation.

Ukraine does seem to have a big advantage in drones and those videos are really gruesome. Attacking sucks and Russia clearly doesn't care too much about the convict soldiers who made up the majority of early casualties. But even if it were 2:1 in Ukraine's favor, they don't have the demographic resources. There are concievably fewer than 25 million people left in the land ruled by Kiev. Russia has absorbed ~5 million from the occupied territories alone, and for all the talk of ~500,000 men fleeing, the cupboard is relatively full.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 11 2024 06:11am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 11 2024 09:19am)
https://archive.is/leg61

The US state department has formally lifted their ban on shipping weapons directly to Azov fighters and will now be overtly arming the Nazis in Ukraine. This of course is just a move on paper- it doesn't say how long ago they actually lifted the ban, and they were just supplying them US weapons anyway with no enforcement, Azov fighters have posted videos with US weapons all throughout the war

such thorough vetting! videos are posted to social media daily of guys decked put in swastikas committing war crimes with US weapons, usually overlaid with shitty slav techno music

You have the answer in your own article buddy.

Separate from the State Department’s vetting process, U.S. appropriations laws have long prohibited the Azov Battalion from receiving American aid. U.S. officials say that because the Azov Battalion of 2014 is distinct structurally from the brigade that is now a part of the National Guard, those restrictions do not apply.

It has been revealed that Russia has a bigger far right problem than Ukraine already.

https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/do-not-believe-putins-propaganda-there-are-far-more-neo-nazis-among-pro-russians

Keep this link deep in a corner, it's awesome, buddy !

Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 11 2024 07:05am
Quote (bogie160 @ 11 Jun 2024 14:08)
Ukraine does seem to have a big advantage in drones and those videos are really gruesome. Attacking sucks and Russia clearly doesn't care too much about the convict soldiers who made up the majority of early casualties. But even if it were 2:1 in Ukraine's favor, they don't have the demographic resources. There are concievably fewer than 25 million people left in the land ruled by Kiev. Russia has absorbed ~5 million from the occupied territories alone, and for all the talk of ~500,000 men fleeing, the cupboard is relatively full.

If Ukraine had sufficient anti-air and enough artillery firepower to somewhat match Russia, rather than being be outmatched 10:1, they could hold their territory with very little manpower. We saw a year ago, during the battle for Bakhmut, how costly it was for Russia to take even a smaller city at a time when they didn't yet have an overwhelming artillery advantage and or the ability to soften up Ukraine's positions with glide bombs. Even in the current situation, with a huge advantage in terms of firepower and also manpower, Russia was still unable to succeed with the blitz toward Kharkiv.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 11 2024 07:06am
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 11 2024 07:11am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 11 2024 07:11am)
You have the answer in your own article buddy.[/URL]

They are literally the exact same people, with the same leader who before posing with Joe Biden gave speeches doing a heil hitler salute and declaring Jews the great enemy, same azov commaners who unironically passed out copies of mein kampf and the protocols of the elders of zion at the Maidan. And to this day, this very week are still uploading videos where guys with swastikas and SS symbols tattooed on them are using US weapons in the war.

We've been arming nazis this whole time. Like we secretly armed Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria but pretended we only gave weapons to well vetted pro-western sunni militias (lol). Now we are overtly arming avowed Nazis and declaring our direct support for Nazi war criminals. Joe Biden has made it official US policy to send heavy weapons to Nazi war criminals who fight under a swastika flag.
Jun 11 2024 07:23am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 11 2024 03:11pm)
They are literally the exact same people, with the same leader who before posing with Joe Biden gave speeches doing a heil hitler salute and declaring Jews the great enemy, same azov commaners who unironically passed out copies of mein kampf and the protocols of the elders of zion at the Maidan. And to this day, this very week are still uploading videos where guys with swastikas and SS symbols tattooed on them are using US weapons in the war.

We've been arming nazis this whole time. Like we secretly armed Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria but pretended we only gave weapons to well vetted pro-western sunni militias (lol). Now we are overtly arming avowed Nazis and declaring our direct support for Nazi war criminals. Joe Biden has made it official US policy to send heavy weapons to Nazi war criminals who fight under a swastika flag.

U.S armed far right Israel gov which itself fuelled terrorists for decades in order to proceed a pseudo-genocide. So why keep circle jerking azound Azov which has been vastly dismantled?
Jun 11 2024 07:35am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 11 2024 08:23am)
U.S armed far right Israel gov which itself fuelled terrorists for decades in order to proceed a pseudo-genocide. So why keep circle jerking azound Azov which has been vastly dismantled?

Its 2024, why do you support Nazis? Is it for the same reason you hate jews?

My grandparents fled Paris to get away from the Nazis,
but not everyone did and generations later the vichy dream lives on, Germany rules their EU puppets and all the EU is building tanks and bombs for a Nazi war machine once again.

I'm still slightly in disbelief this is where the political scene wound up. Even just a few years ago I'd be hard pressed to imagine that "opposing literal Nazi war criminals" would be a radical fringe political belief and the rest of the west would be shipping heavy weapons to folks who want to stuff Jews in ovens again
Jun 11 2024 07:46am
Lets do a little audit of how those American provided weapons are being utilized by the Ukrainians
aaaaand

Jun 11 2024 07:47am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 11 2024 03:35pm)
Its 2024, why do you support Nazis? Is it for the same reason you hate jews?

My grandparents fled Paris to get away from the Nazis,
but not everyone did and generations later the vichy dream lives on, Germany rules their EU puppets and all the EU is building tanks and bombs for a Nazi war machine once again.

I'm still slightly in disbelief this is where the political scene wound up. Even just a few years ago I'd be hard pressed to imagine that "opposing literal Nazi war criminals" would be a radical fringe political belief and the rest of the west would be shipping heavy weapons to folks who want to stuff Jews in ovens again

Why lying and trolling around like this ? You are constantly posting racist and divisive content, especially targetting african americans.
In this topic you are constantly distracting with russian propaganda. No one is supporting "nazis" more than you in the whole section
(or at least since sirthom & white warriors guild are out of here)
Jun 11 2024 07:56am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 11 2024 08:47am)
Why lying and trolling around like this ? You are constantly posting racist and divisive content, especially targetting african americans.
In this topic you are constantly distracting with russian propaganda. No one is supporting "nazis" more than you in the whole section
(or at least since sirthom & white warriors guild are out of here)

He said the line, he said the line! No matter how many times Azov post videos of themselves with Nazi flags, or SS symbols and swastikas literally tattooed on their faces, no matter if Joe Biden personally meets and shakes the hand of a Nazi leader who gave a speech in Ukraine declaring Jews the great enemy while giving a heil hitler salute, no matter if the #1 top head of the entire Ukrainian armed forces met with Nazi leaders under a big framed portrait of Bandera in a room filled with Nazi symbols- its all brushed away by simply calling it "Russian propaganda". Just like wikileaks, just like Hunter Biden's laptop, don't trust your lying eyes its really the Ruskies!

Its 2024, you directly support Nazis. This is not an accusation or a smear, it is a statement of fact. You literally support Nazi war criminals, both in your geopolitical alignment as well as with military and logistical support
I do not support Nazis. I repudiate those who do, I oppose official state actions to support Nazis, and I've consistently done so this whole war and said its a travesty that will tarnish America for centuries to come, that historians will write darkly about how America graduated from giving weapons to ISIS to giving weapons to literal Nazis.
Gold: 12,095.00
Jun 11 2024 08:16am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 11 2024 08:08am)

Idk if this is true. A lot of stuff we see is selective footage. We live in the west and support Ukraine so a lot of our western platforms (i.e. Twitter) are dominated by pro-Ukraine posters which naturally outnumber the Russian accounts. I mean it's not really a question, pro-Ukraine accounts clearly are more numerous on Twitter. So it's actually hard to actually quantify for example if things are getting repeated and in doing so amplified or Ukraine really does have a drone advantage? Not sure.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1432543264327432843294473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll