d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1432443254326432743284473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 10 2024 03:49pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 10 2024 11:01pm)
You're asking me if Ukrainians fleeing en masse to other western countries and border guards resorting to killing their own men to try to stop them from escaping is what Russia's victory looks like?
I mean, yeah that seems like one visible step in it

Yeah so for the next copium step you will explain to me why the second army in the wurld country, which is invading and not is not -invaded by da big ass- has this:

===>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_emigration_during_the_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine#Third_wave

<===

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Jun 10 2024 04:07pm
Jun 10 2024 03:52pm
Hmm not sure how damaged it is. It could be blocked for a while due shrapnels eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-57

I think Russia has 20-30 of these aircrafts in service, not 100% sure tho.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Jun 10 2024 04:05pm
Gold: 319.37
Jun 10 2024 05:36pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 10 2024 04:55pm)
The 500k are UK MOD figures, dead and wounded. Likely conservative to anyone who is watching the war unfold. Your welcome to post your own figures to dispute them.

But don't be cowardly and comment on my post without quoting me, coward.

The fact of the matter is that Russia is not mobilizing whereas Ukraine has mobilized repeatedly, and yet even very pro-Ukrainian sources acknowledge that Russia has 400-500k men in Ukraine, and has been recruiting sufficient that they have ~50-75k in reserves ready to invade Sumy. These same pro-Ukrainian sources tell us that Ukraine is outnumbered 5:1 and 10:1 in critical parts of the front-line, with massive artillery deficits. Ukraine must be struggling through horrific casualty rates.
Gold: 22,190.00
Jun 10 2024 06:52pm
Russia newspaper write it must be true ^^

Gold: 12,095.00
Jun 10 2024 06:58pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 10 2024 07:36pm)
The fact of the matter is that Russia is not mobilizing whereas Ukraine has mobilized repeatedly, and yet even very pro-Ukrainian sources acknowledge that Russia has 400-500k men in Ukraine, and has been recruiting sufficient that they have ~50-75k in reserves ready to invade Sumy. These same pro-Ukrainian sources tell us that Ukraine is outnumbered 5:1 and 10:1 in critical parts of the front-line, with massive artillery deficits. Ukraine must be struggling through horrific casualty rates.

There's no real way to know the true number of dead/MIA from our point of view sitting thousands of miles away. On both sides, these are closely guarded secrets because neither side would want to admit to massive losses as it's just bad PR/demoralizes active troops and scares recruits from wanting to join willingly, neither would the public be happy about massive losses.

If we were honest, we'd say we don't know and at best ball park it. The Russians probably lost more very early on in the war. The Russians lose more whenever they are pushing for positions because it's inherently more costly to attack as there's a general defenders advantage. The Ukrainians are objectively not as well armed and they themselves throughout this war have acknowledged of being severely outgunned, especially when it comes to artillery. It's also been acknowledged and echoed by experts that artillery deaths represent most deaths during this war. The other factor is, Russia is able to hit the rear and has been doing so at much higher rates vs Ukraine. All throughout this war Russia has regularly hit rear training camps/hotels/logistics points/weapons caches and so on. Only recently has Ukraine has started to hit the Russian rear with ATACMS that actually makes a difference, but again these strikes are not as numerous in quantity if compared to what Russia has been doing through out the war.

Ultimately as you say, the best indicator is the fact that Ukraine has to mobilize unwilling men on an ongoing basis, and we see videos of these forced mobilizations surfacing literally daily. Russia doesn't have to do this, for two reasons really, because they pay their soldiers an attractive wage (at least by Russian standards) and having a way higher pool of men that are actually living in Russia to draw from.

So if I had to guess, I think there's probably a slight advantage in Russia's favor in KIA count because I think artillery and air support is that much of a difference maker. Ukraine has a serious problem of population leakage that Russia really doesn't. They've lost 1/3 of their population, with large swaths of men either hiding or already left the country. Men that get the chance to go abroad never come back. I've met dozens of Ukrainians in my mid-size US city that came here in the last ~year or so, many men. Even if losses are 1:1 it's simply not a sustainable war for them. The people that keep making these incredulous Russian KIA claims are just wishing things to be true because they're so heavily invested. So when Russia is making gains on the actual front lines they cope with these made up numbers, as if it's some sort of consolation.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 10 2024 07:12pm
Jun 10 2024 07:00pm
Quote (Fnall @ Jun 11 2024 02:52am)

translation

LET'S STRENGTHEN FRIENDSHIP IN THE NAME OF PEACE AND
HAPPINESS
//
Let us consolidate friendship for peace and happiness!

So much Peace & Happiness I'm jealous
Gold: 22,190.00
Jun 10 2024 07:05pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jun 11 2024 11:00am)
translation

LET'S STRENGTHEN FRIENDSHIP IN THE NAME OF PEACE AND
HAPPINESS
//
Let us consolidate friendship for peace and happiness!

So much Peace & Happiness I'm jealous

Concentration camp brave again, now russia their little dog, debtor for old weapons
Doing all kinds provocations on border with us..
What alien turn of events
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 10 2024 08:07pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 11 Jun 2024 02:58)
There's no real way to know the true number of dead/MIA from our point of view sitting thousands of miles away. On both sides, these are closely guarded secrets because neither side would want to admit to massive losses as it's just bad PR/demoralizes active troops and scares recruits from wanting to join willingly, neither would the public be happy about massive losses.

If we were honest, we'd say we don't know and at best ball park it. The Russians probably lost more very early on in the war. The Russians lose more whenever they are pushing for positions because it's inherently more costly to attack as there's a general defenders advantage. The Ukrainians are objectively not as well armed and they themselves throughout this war have acknowledged of being severely outgunned, especially when it comes to artillery. It's also been acknowledged and echoed by experts that artillery deaths represent most deaths during this war. The other factor is, Russia is able to hit the rear and has been doing so at much higher rates vs Ukraine. All throughout this war Russia has regularly hit rear training camps/hotels/logistics points/weapons caches and so on. Only recently has Ukraine has started to hit the Russian rear with ATACMS that actually makes a difference, but again these strikes are not as numerous in quantity if compared to what Russia has been doing through out the war.

Ultimately as you say, the best indicator is the fact that Ukraine has to mobilize unwilling men on an ongoing basis, and we see videos of these forced mobilizations surfacing literally daily. Russia doesn't have to do this, for two reasons really, because they pay their soldiers an attractive wage (at least by Russian standards) and having a way higher pool of men that are actually living in Russia to draw from.

So if I had to guess, I think there's probably a slight advantage in Russia's favor in KIA count because I think artillery and air support is that much of a difference maker. Ukraine has a serious problem of population leakage that Russia really doesn't. They've lost 1/3 of their population, with large swaths of men either hiding or already left the country. Men that get the chance to go abroad never come back. I've met dozens of Ukrainians in my mid-size US city that came here in the last ~year or so, many men. Even if losses are 1:1 it's simply not a sustainable war for them. The people that keep making these incredulous Russian KIA claims are just wishing things to be true because they're so heavily invested. So when Russia is making gains on the actual front lines they cope with these made up numbers, as if it's some sort of consolation.

I'm pretty sure that Russia lost more not just very early on but for over a year, until after the battle of Bakhmut. Since then, losses are probably somewhere between even (as Ukraine has the defender's advantage despite being outgunned) or in favor of Russia.

The reasons why Russia has less issues finding fresh recruits are multifold. A larger pool to draw from, yes. But Russia is also a more authoritarian country, and more geographically isolated from "save havens". Chechnia, for example, is a full-blown police state. And large swaths of Russia are less developed. Iirc, before the war, the GDP/capita was roughly identical, but with more inequality on Russia's side. They have more millionaires and billionaires, but on the flip side, Russia has significantly more rural people living in dire, existential poverty with absolutely no perspective. Recruiting these types by offering them or their families just a few thousand bucks is easy. If Putin had to draw from the middle class in Moscow or St. Petersburg, I doubt that the outcome/resistance would be any different than what we're seeing in Ukraine.

At the end of the day, Russia is burning through irreplaceable resources, be it the rabble and undesirables they're throwing to the front lines or their Soviet-era stockpiles of weapons and ammunition. Russia can keep this war going for a lot longer, yes, but not at the current intensity. It's a race about which side will run out of steam quicker. Imho, the bigger problem for Ukraine right now is the destruction of its infrastructure and the erosion of its morale, not the lack of manpower.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 10 2024 08:09pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Jun 11 2024 12:44am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 10 2024 10:55pm)
https://i.imgur.com/gz4kspK.mp4

Is this what victory for Russia was meant to look like?

Abrams tanks have failed on the battlefield in Ukraine and Ukrainians reportedly don't like the tanks because they immediately become prime targets for the Russians when they show up

Starts to look a bit turtlely if you ask me :rolleyes:

Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 11 2024 01:19am
https://archive.is/leg61

The US state department has formally lifted their ban on shipping weapons directly to Azov fighters and will now be overtly arming the Nazis in Ukraine. This of course is just a move on paper- it doesn't say how long ago they actually lifted the ban, and they were just supplying them US weapons anyway with no enforcement, Azov fighters have posted videos with US weapons all throughout the war

“After thorough review, Ukraine’s 12th Special Forces Azov Brigade passed Leahy vetting as carried out by the U.S. Department of State,” the agency said in a statement, referring to the “Leahy Law” that prevents U.S. military assistance from going to foreign units credibly found to have committed major human rights violations. It is named for former senator Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), who wrote the legislation.
The State Department found “no evidence” of such violations, its statement says.
A State Department spokesman declined to say when the ban was lifted and whether U.S. weaponry had already reached Azov personnel. Neither Azov leadership nor the Ukrainian government responded to requests for comment.

such thorough vetting! videos are posted to social media daily of guys decked put in swastikas committing war crimes with US weapons, usually overlaid with shitty slav techno music
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1432443254326432743284473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll