d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev142434445464500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,584.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2022 08:34am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 1 2022 02:11pm)
But it was either flee and live life as a coward worldwide or stay and fight. he didnt invade afterall.

eh? if they didnt look for Nato membership [ or rather if Nato did not try to convince them ] we probably would not be here. Ukraine is after all an independent state. i.e. they were doing relatively ok up to the last 6 months. I say naive only in the context of thinking that the EU would send troops / go to war against Russia / "defend" against Russia (with boots on the ground). I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was talking to the EU about Nato Membership. I dont know enough about the Ukraine president to say anything else. I think there have been alot of good politicians living in exile. I would not call them cowards.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 1 2022 02:17pm)
If we do that it's global war, and global war is conventional until one starts to lose.
Not sure if i will be in the blast radius, i'm close to Paris. You are living in town ?
Thus it's better to die in a second than shitting own blood for three weeks.

i agree, also, im pretty sure your in the blast radius. pretty sure i am too, and either way it can get windy at times.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 08:40am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 1 2022 08:39am
Quote (ferdia @ 1 Mar 2022 14:34)
eh? if they didnt look for Nato membership we probably would not be here. Ukraine is after all an independent state. i.e. they were doing relatively ok up to the last 6 months. I say naive only in the context of thinking that the EU would send troops / go to war against Russia. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was talking to the EU about Nato Membership.

We are only here because Putin, and eventually russians citizen who seems unable to properly build a democracy.
Like "oh we are all corrupted, so lets vote* for a strong leader". The guy is 80's KGB Psycho.

*remind me something, not sure.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 1 2022 08:40am
Mar 1 2022 08:42am
Yes most likely if Nato membership discussions took place after Putin's "Term/Time?" in office, when Ukraine broke/amended unilaterally the international? agreements/treaties? Russia would have capitulated on the notion of a USSR (on the basis that Putin is an outlier and a throwback to yes, 80's KBG Psycho). As it stands currently Russia (Putin) is in fear of a change to the status quo thus has invaded Ukraine before they became a Nato member.

Democracy is not the sole way of governing a country though. While I too advocate democracy, I would not try to force it on others noting different cultures have existed for a very long time without it. [ Yes I know all the rebuttals on this ok ].

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 08:51am
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Mar 1 2022 08:49am
nato=globalism=nwo=satanism
Mar 1 2022 08:52am
Nato is a military body, its international, not global. If it was global and wanted to start WW3 they would invite Taiwan into Nato.
Does anyone want to guess what would happen if Nato suggested and Taiwan moved to accept Nato membership ??

also, whats nwo ? and how can you say Nato is satanism ? are you trolling, again ??
/e google nwo oh god ok your trolling again, either that or your a wrestling fan. please be a wrestling fan.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 08:58am
Gold: 2,170.00
Mar 1 2022 08:54am
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/t46abb/two_photos_of_the_true_chechens_fighting_in/

checkens fighting against russians.

to be observed the gentleman in his 60s, probably fought in afganistan as well.
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 1 2022 08:58am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 1 2022 09:34am)
eh? if they didnt look for Nato membership [ or rather if Nato did not try to convince them ] we probably would not be here. Ukraine is after all an independent state. i.e. they were doing relatively ok up to the last 6 months. I say naive only in the context of thinking that the EU would send troops / go to war against Russia / "defend" against Russia (with boots on the ground). I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was talking to the EU about Nato Membership. I dont know enough about the Ukraine president to say anything else. I think there have been alot of good politicians living in exile. I would not call them cowards.

i agree, also, im pretty sure your in the blast radius. pretty sure i am too, and either way it can get windy at times.

i get what you mean, but they had the Crimean annexation already on the books, and clearly Russia has now invaded, so their desire for protection wasn't exactly uncalled for.

as to rulers in exile you only wash away the stain of cowardice when you come back like this guy:

Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Mar 1 2022 08:59am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 1 2022 08:52am)
Nato is a military body, its international, not global. If it was global and wanted to start WW3 they would invite Taiwan into Nato.
Does anyone want to guess what would happen if Nato suggested and Taiwan moved to accept Nato membership ??

also, whats nwo ? and how can you say Nato is satanism ? are you trolling, again ??
/e google nwo oh god ok your trolling again, either that or your America, in which case your a wrestling fan.

Don't reply to me without quoting me.
It shows your cowardice.
Gold: 10.50
Mar 1 2022 09:00am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 1 2022 02:38pm)
ehmm its not as if they can change their president, or place of birth you know.

latest headline:

Ukraine President urges EU "prove you are with us"
I dont think he should hold his breath for anything other then "we will give you food water and weapons and we feel sorry for you too". it looks like he was quite naive going into this.

Thats absolutely not true. They had several chances to cut his power but for whatever reason they decided not to every single time. Now they have to face the consequences. And those consequences are ridiculously minor to what happens to ukrainian civilians.
Mar 1 2022 09:00am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 1 2022 02:58pm)
i get what you mean, but they had the Crimean annexation already on the books, and clearly Russia has now invaded, so their desire for protection wasn't exactly uncalled for.

The crimean annexation was largely due to the same reason : security fears. one aspect was - Russia could not allow "their" port to be no longer "russian". I completely agree with you that their desire for protect themselves wasn't exactly uncalled for, but Russia had already "let" them be independent with the proviso, as i understand it, that they did not turn their weapons of war on Russia, which is exactly what would have happened, had Ukraine joined Nato. i.e. in seeking to prevent the worst from happening, they inadvertently accelerated that very event.

Re: removing Putin from within

Quote (NeedUlikeAdrug @ Mar 1 2022 03:00pm)
Thats absolutely not true. They had several chances to cut his power but for whatever reason they decided not to every single time. Now they have to face the consequences. And those consequences are ridiculously minor to what happens to ukrainian civilians.

There are a lot of parallels that can be used here. but ultimately alot of people in alot of countries get in power and abuse that power, or they people they (to my mind) they should be protecting. I dont care what kind of government you want to call russia has, but I see it as a dictatorship and therefore i do not agree the people can simply "vote" for him to be out of office.

Quote (sirthom @ Mar 1 2022 02:59pm)
Don't reply to me without quoting me.
It shows your cowardice.

also not sure if trolling, so have included you here in case you missed this active conversational topic.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 1 2022 09:18am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev142434445464500Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll