d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1425426427428429445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Jul 16 2020 10:43am
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Jul 2020 12:18)
There's no "could be". Wikileaks leaked information they obtained from Russian agents.

lol!! more likely some intern at wikileaks guessed podesta’s “password” password to his email and went buckwild.

and who made ‘leaking’ this claim anyway? the steele dossier!?!? a fanfic piece of disgusting delusions written by a foreign voyeur who had to pay settlements to people he lied about in said dossier :lol: And you can’t say it was mueller who verified your claims, as during his testimony he claimed no familiarity of fusion gps (which hired steele for the dossier)

This post was edited by excellence on Jul 16 2020 10:44am
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 16 2020 10:56am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 16 2020 12:43pm)
lol!! more likely some intern at wikileaks guessed podesta’s “password” password to his email and went buckwild.

and who made ‘leaking’ this claim anyway? the steele dossier!?!? a fanfic piece of disgusting delusions written by a foreign voyeur who had to pay settlements to people he lied about in said dossier :lol: And you can’t say it was mueller who verified your claims, as during his testimony he claimed no familiarity of fusion gps (which hired steele for the dossier)

Gold: 319.37
Jul 16 2020 11:17am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 16 2020 10:54am)
Unfortunately "cult" is an accurate description of Trump's support.

Charging someone with conspiracy =/= making a plausible claim that someone coordinated or colluded with an entity backed by Russia. You haven't really rebutted my comments.

Have we gone so far down the rabbit hole that we think Wikileaks is just flat-out a Russian front? It has been around forever, and has alternatively been the boogie man of both left and right.

Trump is not obligated to ignore dirt Wikileaks has on Clinton anymore than he'd have to ignore dirt on Biden unearthed by Fox News.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 16 2020 11:21am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 16 2020 12:17pm)
Have we gone so far down the rabbit hole that we think Wikileaks is just flat-out a Russian front? It has been around forever, and has alternatively been the boogie man of both left and right.

Trump is not obligated to ignore dirt Wikileaks has on Clinton anymore than he'd have to ignore dirt on Biden unearthed by Fox News.

attacking both the left and the right isn't proof against it being a russian front. and in any case russian front is less likely and russian backed is more likely. in fact targeting both sides destabilizes the US more than just one side.
Jul 16 2020 11:24am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 16 2020 01:21pm)
attacking both the left and the right isn't proof against it being a russian front. and in any case russian front is less likely and russian backed is more likely. in fact targeting both sides destabilizes the US more than just one side.

Russia uses Wikileaks when it's convenient. They needed a place to dump emails, Wikileaks loves to dump emails and doesn't care what the source is.

Hillary should have lived a cleaner public life. She (and by extension, the party that nominated her) got what was coming to them.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 16 2020 12:04pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 16 2020 12:24pm)
Russia uses Wikileaks when it's convenient. They needed a place to dump emails, Wikileaks loves to dump emails and doesn't care what the source is.

Hillary should have lived a cleaner public life. She (and by extension, the party that nominated her) got what was coming to them.

yes, i'd describe wikileaks relationship to the Kremlin as "works with" rather than "works for".

still, from an american perspective, if a US politician was caught working with wikileaks they'd be tarred and feathered. whereas in Russia it's the actual govt working with them.

so not exactly a russian front, but not nothing either.

i miss the days when wikileaks was just releasing evidence US soldiers were being naughty, simpler times.

honest question tho, if in 2016 wikileaks had some compromising info on Trump, do you think they'd release it along with the HRC info? and would that decision involve asking Russia?
Gold: 285.00
Jul 16 2020 12:49pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 16 2020 02:04pm)
yes, i'd describe wikileaks relationship to the Kremlin as "works with" rather than "works for".

still, from an american perspective, if a US politician was caught working with wikileaks they'd be tarred and feathered. whereas in Russia it's the actual govt working with them.

i miss the days when wikileaks was just releasing evidence US soldiers were being naughty, simpler times.

honest question tho, if in 2016 wikileaks had some compromising info on Trump, do you think they'd release it along with the HRC info? and would that decision involve asking Russia?

They had me at Collateral Murder.

Yes it is disappointing they turn a blind eye to the Kremlin.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 16 2020 12:56pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Jul 2020 14:04)

they’d probably release it. then again we had international media conglomerates doing this very thing in 2016, so they likely beat wikileaks to the punch
Gold: 12,095.00
Jul 16 2020 01:26pm

Probably not. Wiki has it's own enemies, they are not objective actors. The CIA/NSA, etc agencies and politicians that further their bidding like Hillary did with Libya & other interventions are their targets, not the guy that was in business his whole life and said repeatedly he wants to bring the troops home.

People bringing up the point that Wiki not being objective in who they hack or target is kind of a shitty point that's been used to try to discredit their revelations.
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 16 2020 02:49pm)
They had me at Collateral Murder.

Yes it is disappointing they turn a blind eye to the Kremlin.

Everyone knows Russia is corrupt as fuck and their politicians are corrupt and bought and their military and intel agencies will go to various places and do what they see fit to further their national agenda.

Difference is America and western nations and politicians pretend to be better and do things for good or noble causes, so they target these hypocrites.
Jul 16 2020 10:04pm

I think they would have been far less eager to release information on Trump, not the least because Wikileaks just flat out hates Hillary Clinton. I don't think they would have asked Russia for permission.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1425426427428429445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll