d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1414641474148414941504507Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 48,640.00
Mar 25 2024 10:48am
Quote (doomchaser @ 26 Mar 2024 00:38)
i did your list you have nothing ... Fear the truth and all reality .. you are being exposed as someone who just lies about everything.. denies all facts... A true propagandist ... good bye

I have recently been looking into this.
It helps a lot in this current troubled and unstable world where you get copious amounts of trolls that will antagonize you with ill and unscrupulous intent.

Check this out, there are a few translations. I think Hays translation is pretty good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditations
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 25 2024 10:53am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 25 Mar 2024 17:11)
The frequency of these types of strikes far away from the front have really ramped up in the last 1-2 weeks. These type of strikes that used to happen maybe like 1-2 monthly are happening daily now in the last week, with Russia clearly going after infrastructure that was previously left unharmed.

I don't really understand why they're targetting infrastructure now, at the end of winter, though. If they wanted to demoralize and wear down Ukraine's civilian population, it would have been far more effective to carry out these attacks at the height of winter, just like they did a year ago.

Targeting electricity/water infrastructure in Kharkiv could also be seen as a precursor to an all out assault/invasion in that direction. You first ‘empty out’ the city by targeting the infrastructure, which then causes many civilians to leave and head for safety, so then when you bring war you don’t kill innocent people needlessly.

Russia's conduct of this war so far hasn't exactly been characterized by an effort to prevent the needless killing of innocent people. :rolleyes:
Imho, destroying the infrastucture of the city is best explained by an attempt at starving out the defenders of the city before Russia tries to take it by storm at a later point, potentially in the summer or during next winter.

The war is certainly escalating, it’s hard to tell if it’s reactionary (response to refineries) or was planned all along.

Ukrainian attacks on Russian refineries, warships and border towns definitely ramped up in recent weeks, so it oculd be a reaction. On the other hand, it would also make sense that Putin waited for his reelection before pulling the trigger on an all-out war. Particularly if he plans a new round of mobilization (which wasn't popular with the Russian people the first time and will be even less popular this time around).

Gold: 7,372.33
Mar 25 2024 10:57am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 25 2024 09:48am)
I have recently been looking into this.
It helps a lot in this current troubled and unstable world where you get copious amounts of trolls that will antagonize you with ill and unscrupulous intent.

Check this out, there are a few translations. I think Hays translation is pretty good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditations

I never claimed to be a saint.. Was I to harsh?
Gold: 48,640.00
Mar 25 2024 11:04am
Quote (doomchaser @ 26 Mar 2024 00:57)
I never claimed to be a saint.. Was I to harsh?

not at all. Anyways we have discussed these since the start of this thread. My views is that and it is the same as last year , that the war is going to "end" late this year or early next year ( Cold Peace / Ceasefire ) something similar to NK and South Korea.
But everything can go South in the coming months. The Israel / Hamas situation definitely put the Ukraine War into a difficult situation.
Furthermore you will see South China Sea starting to escalate into a low intensity conflict ( Which I also said last year).
Gold: 11.11
Mar 25 2024 11:22am
Quote (Gala @ Mar 25 2024 09:03am)
I checked the source you posted including some others and couldn't find any indication that an SBU building was hit.
Can you please provide your source?

Ya it was based off of live videos and a geolocation of the building. I won't be able to provide a media source for my claim and I definitely forgot to say allegedly in there but the Russians are claiming it and I don't think they wasted a 10million dollar missle on an apartment building but I definitely could be wrong about it.

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/117909

https://t.me/ChDambiev/28717

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 25 2024 11:45am
Quote (zorzin @ Mar 25 2024 06:22pm)
Ya it was based off of live videos and a geolocation of the building. I won't be able to provide a media source for my claim and I definitely forgot to say allegedly in there but the Russians are claiming it and I don't think they wasted a 10million dollar missle on an apartment building but I definitely could be wrong about it.

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/117909

https://t.me/ChDambiev/28717

https://i.postimg.cc/x82QB3Vn/1711368353368353m.jpg

More SBU agents running to the shelters, glory to Valdimir the mastermind

Gold: 20,355.00
Mar 25 2024 11:49am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 25 2024 12:53pm)
I don't really understand why they're targetting infrastructure now, at the end of winter, though. If they wanted to demoralize and wear down Ukraine's civilian population, it would have been far more effective to carry out these attacks at the height of winter, just like they did a year ago.

Russia's conduct of this war so far hasn't exactly been characterized by an effort to prevent the needless killing of innocent people. :rolleyes:
Imho, destroying the infrastucture of the city is best explained by an attempt at starving out the defenders of the city before Russia tries to take it by storm at a later point, potentially in the summer or during next winter.

Ukrainian attacks on Russian refineries, warships and border towns definitely ramped up in recent weeks, so it oculd be a reaction. On the other hand, it would also make sense that Putin waited for his reelection before pulling the trigger on an all-out war. Particularly if he plans a new round of mobilization (which wasn't popular with the Russian people the first time and will be even less popular this time around).

Because contrary to western propaganda, they aren't after crushing civilians. They didn't want to target this infrastructure at the height of winter probably because there's no benefit to leave civilians in the cold and without water. By doing this now, they are giving these people time to leave without the threat of freezing to death, before they really start on this front (at least IMO)

If it was about starving civilians they'd do it in the dead of winter or at literally at any previous point in this war, yet it only happens after 2 years after the war? Are they just stupid and didn't realize they could knock out hydroelectric power stations prior to this week or?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 25 2024 11:50am
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 25 2024 12:24pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 25 2024 04:53pm)

well said.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 25 2024 12:33pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 25 2024 05:53pm)

Maybe it wasn't about demoralizing the Ukrainian population but about reducing Ukraine's military capabilities.

For the same reason the coalition bombed Iraqi infrastructure into dust for example (I hope we're past the "whataboutism nonsense).

Note that earlier Russia first attacked the substations and distribution hubs, not the main power stations (to preserve those so they wouldn't have to rebuild those?) but seems like we're past that stage now.

Edit: had the wrong quote (Void)

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 25 2024 12:34pm
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 25 2024 12:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 25 2024 05:53pm)

Good post, with exception of highlighted red (blatant lie)

This post was edited by ownyaah on Mar 25 2024 12:36pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1414641474148414941504507Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll