d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1407440754076407740784517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 13 2024 09:10am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 04:05pm)
If you don't understand what was said I cannot help you :)

--> https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=92094408&f=119&p=659151391#p659151391

:)

So to be clear, you will not recant the "liar" part but you will recant the conspiracy theory part and apologize?

This post was edited by Hobbiks on Mar 13 2024 09:10am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 13 2024 09:15am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 04:10pm)
So to be clear, you will not recant the "liar" part but you will recant the conspiracy theory part and apologize?

What, lol

It's 100% clear what was said, my post 100% reveals you lied and it's also 100% clear you accused a user here (Ferdia) of building conspiracy theories (which is why I said that, I'm repeating myself here)

You should apologize to Ferdia ;)

I'm not even seeking an apology from you, exposing you lying is satisfactory enough

Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2024 09:16am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 11:46am)
You seem to have misunderstood my entire reply, which is understandable since you didn't engage with any of it (apart from laughing at how a complete stranger and an expert in media studies looks). Propaganda is not good, and in the west we are free to be critical of the media and propaganda. The entire field of media research agrees that hegemonic information centralization and media intrinsically tied to profit motives, which under capitalism are tied to state actors is a bad thing. In the east however, they are not so lucky. The propaganda space looks completely different and there is no freedom of expression in terms of challenging dominant ideology. Both are bad, but one is consequently critiqued from academic institutions, experts and countries (especially) in the EU who are instead trying to mitigate the problem through subsidies and promotion of alternative media (something that has been more or less eradicated in the east).

"people like you will not only support whatever horrific plans they try to enact" - This is just schizo rambling, and you are arguing against a strawman. Instead of engaging with the literature, professors in the field and 100 years of research on mass psychology, propaganda, PR and counter propaganda your best argument is to discuss something I don't believe and to attack the way a random person who isn't here to defend himself on his looks. Very intellectually honest, as per expected by the same crowd who thinks Russia is engaging in some sort of counter hegemonic mission.

It's the same nonsense ignorant westerners have been popping into the thread to post for ...2 years now? Just another variation of "sure we have problems but our enemy is literally hitler!"

Sorry if I don't give it the veneration you think it deserves, you just haven't really said anything new or interesting, this is a 4000 page thread you clearly have not seen very much of.
Mar 13 2024 09:22am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 04:15pm)
What, lol

It's 100% clear what was said, my post 100% reveals you lied and it's also 100% clear you accused a user here (Ferdia) of building conspiracy theories (which is why I said that, I'm repeating myself here)

You should apologize to Ferdia ;)

I'm not even seeking an apology from you, exposing you lying is satisfactory enough

https://i.imgur.com/HkM7ggu.jpg

Why are you deflecting? Im asking you, based on your quote: ""So according to you the EU president in an official public appearance pulled some numbers out of her ass? Now who is building conspiracy theories lol" - This is from one page ago. Im asking you, but you refuse to respond: A conspiracy theory? Can you explain what a conspiracy theory is and how I was building one? Who am I alledging are in a conspiracy and against or for what? :)

We have already been though your very fringe and bizarre worldview. When asked what "involved" means you can't reply. According to you, NATO is involved in both Ukraine and Russia at the same time, fighting itself because war material is being imported to both countries by NATO states. The question to "what does being involved in Ukraine mean?" is, "being involved in a war", there is a war going on.

I'll ask you one last time, because you've embarassed yourself enough: So to be clear, you will not recant the "liar" part but you will recant the conspiracy theory part and apologize?

If wants an apology, I'll gladly explain again what kind of conspiracy theory he or she was constructing. That is the difference between you and me, I dont just baselessly accuse people.

I expect that recantation and apology by the next reply, thanks.

This post was edited by Hobbiks on Mar 13 2024 09:25am
Mar 13 2024 09:25am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 13 2024 04:16pm)
It's the same nonsense ignorant westerners have been popping into the thread to post for ...2 years now? Just another variation of "sure we have problems but our enemy is literally hitler!"

Sorry if I don't give it the veneration you think it deserves, you just haven't really said anything new or interesting, this is a 4000 page thread you clearly have not seen very much of.

Nobody has called the enemy "hitler", again you're arguing against a strawman because dealing with actual academic articles is too difficult. When met with arguments about media science and propaganda theory the best counter argument you have is "you think im hitler and some guy is ugly", its shameless.

"Sorry if I don't give it the veneration you think it deserves" - I expect very little from users of this forum, don't worry, you were not an exception. I've said several times in this thread that I think you can make a pretty appealing case for certain non western views of this conflict, but none of them have been presented by you or that other layman who keeps deflecting. Its just uninteresting to most people.
Mar 13 2024 09:40am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 12:25pm)
Nobody has called the enemy "hitler", again you're arguing against a strawman because dealing with actual academic articles is too difficult. When met with arguments about media science and propaganda theory the best counter argument you have is "you think im hitler and some guy is ugly", its shameless.

"Sorry if I don't give it the veneration you think it deserves" - I expect very little from users of this forum, don't worry, you were not an exception. I've said several times in this thread that I think you can make a pretty appealing case for certain non western views of this conflict, but none of them have been presented by you or that other layman who keeps deflecting. Its just uninteresting to most people.

I'm not arguing at all, I stated why I don't value your opinion lol. You haven't posted any articles in reply to me, what are you even talking about? Think you need some air my guy

Getting a little emotional for someone who finds this all uninteresting :rofl:

My bad if you look like that goofy academic you mentioned, guessing I hit a nerve or something.
Mar 13 2024 09:46am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 13 2024 04:40pm)
I'm not arguing at all, I stated why I don't value your opinion lol. You haven't posted any articles in reply to me, what are you even talking about? Think you need some air my guy

Getting a little emotional for someone who finds this all uninteresting :rofl:

My bad if you look like that goofy academic you mentioned, guessing I hit a nerve or something.

It's a little strange to ask someone questions then say that you don't value their opinion. I asked you specifically if you wanted articles detailing how the Russian propaganda system differs from western hegemonic media and you never responded (except to call an academic in the field of media studys ugly i guess?) It's fine if you don't want to engage with academia but let's not pretend. A simple yes or no will do: Do you want some articles or not? :)

"Getting a little emotional for someone who finds this all uninteresting" - No need to project. You and that other guy are heavily emotionally invested in this conflict, most people aren't, to most people it's more a question of making sure you guys never look legitimate in your entire lives. You would know this if you read for instance some of Horbyks articles on countering propaganda.

"My bad if you look like that goofy academic you mentioned, guessing I hit a nerve or something" - Again, no intellectual engagement, when provided with adequate resources to do so, just the same uninteresting rambling everyone has seen before.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 13 2024 09:56am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 04:22pm)
Why are you deflecting? Im asking you, based on your quote: ""So according to you the EU president in an official public appearance pulled some numbers out of her ass? Now who is building conspiracy theories lol" - This is from one page ago. Im asking you, but you refuse to respond: A conspiracy theory? Can you explain what a conspiracy theory is and how I was building one? Who am I alledging are in a conspiracy and against or for what? :)

We have already been though your very fringe and bizarre worldview. When asked what "involved" means you can't reply. According to you, NATO is involved in both Ukraine and Russia at the same time, fighting itself because war material is being imported to both countries by NATO states. The question to "what does being involved in Ukraine mean?" is, "being involved in a war", there is a war going on.

I'll ask you one last time, because you've embarassed yourself enough: So to be clear, you will not recant the "liar" part but you will recant the conspiracy theory part and apologize?

If ^ferdia wants an apology, I'll gladly explain again what kind of conspiracy theory he or she was constructing. That is the difference between you and me, I dont just baselessly accuse people.

I expect that recantation and apology by the next reply, thanks.

Your first appearance here was accusing people of sucking up disinformation provided by a pedophile. LMK if you need the quote

Secondly flick back and read the previous posts regarding von der Leyen.

Hope that helps
Mar 13 2024 10:00am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 12:46pm)
It's a little strange to ask someone questions then say that you don't value their opinion. I asked you specifically if you wanted articles detailing how the Russian propaganda system differs from western hegemonic media and you never responded (except to call an academic in the field of media studys ugly i guess?) It's fine if you don't want to engage with academia but let's not pretend. A simple yes or no will do: Do you want some articles or not? :)

"Getting a little emotional for someone who finds this all uninteresting" - No need to project. You and that other guy are heavily emotionally invested in this conflict, most people aren't, to most people it's more a question of making sure you guys never look legitimate in your entire lives. You would know this if you read for instance some of Horbyks articles on countering propaganda.

"My bad if you look like that goofy academic you mentioned, guessing I hit a nerve or something" - Again, no intellectual engagement, when provided with adequate resources to do so, just the same uninteresting rambling everyone has seen before.

It isn't really, unless you've never heard of a rhetorical question I suppose. I'm not particularly interested in reading whatever trash you do, your opinions are evidence of its quality but feel free to post whatever you like before claiming I didn't engage with it.

My guy you have been spamming the thread for like 2 days lol, to me that seems more emotionally invested than me laughing at your tired talking points but I suppose it's subjective.

Damn I really did touch a nerve, I'm sorry, your weird academic is beautiful and smart.

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on Mar 13 2024 10:01am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2024 10:38am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 13 2024 04:16pm)

So what's your real point? Denouncing the Western propaganda?

This post was edited by Ashirgo on Mar 13 2024 10:51am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1407440754076407740784517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll