d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1407040714072407340744518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2024 03:38am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 13 2024 10:26am)
Your tag teaming on him. you should try to attack him one at a time, not together.

A free and open society will not ostracize people who express a view that disagrees with the firm majority. The problem is there are fewer and fewer free societies. Look at the united states and how they ostracize - this is NOT normal, or rather, it is the NEW NORMAL. Understand I am not saying Russia is better, its not, its worse, but well thats like when the Israeli's compare themselves to the germans, dont act like the germans if you dont want to be compared to them.

Western Media has repeatedly lied to its citizens related to causes of this war, the death toll on the ukrainian side, why it refuses to do a negotiated peace and who is winning the war (hint: ukraine is not winning).

Hmm my bad is that I'm not following the typical mass media, so I don't really know what the dominant West media claim at any given point in time. It's entirely possible that especially the Anglo-Saxon media have converged to some types of narrative that regular citizens start finding uncomfortable.

I'm more exposed to some select Swiss media outlets and we have here a very neutral and careful view on things.

I'd be rather inclined to express a worry that we are in a state of information war vs. Russia, so unthinkable becomes slowly the norm.

This post was edited by Ashirgo on Mar 13 2024 03:50am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 13 2024 03:38am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 10:31am)
So first of all, I'm glad that you can atleast admit that nothing is going to change your mind. Regardless of any evidence that me and ^Ashirgo will provide you have just admitted to being uninterested in it. You usually call people out for being bad faith actors when you don't agree with their opinion, but I would like you to take a deep hard look at what that term means. It's a really sad cognitive bias.

Second of all, what Ursula says is completely uninteresting. Again if you read any of the replies aimed at you, that would become abundantly clear. The Ukrainian death toll is the ONLY official death toll currently out and that is coming from a state actor (and unless you all of the sudden want to agree with Zelensky then i assume you would be as critical as i am). Russia does not release death statistics and as such there are no official numbers. I don't care if it is Santa Claus, Ursula Van Der Leyen or Putins secret homosexual lover telling you numbers, they are all unconfirmed (unless you want to believe Zelensky, in which case be my guest). Also, numbers from 2022? What a fucking travesty having to go 1.5 years back to find unconfirmed statistics that were retracted. Jesus.

Everyone here understands that Russian losses are highlighted and Ukrainian military losses are marginalized. You can see this every single day when you watch Western news outlets

You don't care about statements made by von der Leyen (EU president)? But you care about your rando internet article, lol

Well it doesn't surprise me at all. You're that guy dismissing the NATO chief official statements about NATO involvement in Ukraine as "some meaningless quote"

Oops what's that again?

Mar 13 2024 03:44am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 10:38am)
Everyone here understands that Russian losses are highlighted and Ukrainian military losses are marginalized. You can see this every single day when you watch Western news outlets

You don't care about statements made by von der Leyen (EU president)? But you care about your rando internet article, lol

Well it doesn't surprise me at all. You're that guy dismissing the NATO chief official statements about NATO involvement in Ukraine as "some meaningless quote"

Oops what's that again?

https://i.imgur.com/jREjRQ8.jpg

By the way, I've been curious how you guys are gonna react to this information.

Clearly, some countries have already sent their military experts to train the Ukrainian troops to use the supplied weaponry. They are not pulling the trigger though. What do you think of it?
Gold: 13.37
Mar 13 2024 03:46am
They are not pulling the trigger though. What do you think of it?

Santa is real
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 13 2024 03:53am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 10:38am)

"Everyone here understands that Russian losses are highlighted and Ukrainian military losses are marginalized. You can see this every single day when you watch Western news outlets" - But just to be clear, you will not accept any sources proving you wrong. You have your feelings and me or cant change them, thats what you just said earlier right?

"You don't care about statements made by von der Leyen (EU president)? But you care about your rando internet article, lol" - Yes, surprisingly I don't care what Ursula said about completely unconfirmed numbers. If Ursula said 3+1 = 8 I wouldn't automatically believe her because she is president of the EU comission. You trust the EU just because their president said something? No critical thinking at all? LOL.

"Well it doesn't surprise me at all. You're that guy dismissing the NATO chief official statements about NATO involvement in Ukraine as "some meaningless quote"" - Misinformation. If you have an article where Jens Stoltenberg says "NATO is involved in Ukraine" then link it right now. If it says anything else I would like you to recant your statement and apologize for the misrepresentation, thanks. (This is where Djunior presents a print screen where Jens Stoltenberg says that NATO is backing Ukraine, which doesn't imply involvement, or he just deflects to another topic.)

You act like Polands PM said something brave and new, but in reality what he has talked about has been covered for hundreds of pages. Military personell from NATO countries are training Ukrainians, this does not mean they are fighting a war or that NATO is involved. Sovereign countries have made decisions about what to do with their military personell. I know you disagree about national sovereignity but you have to accept the reality we are currently living in.
Mar 13 2024 03:53am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 10:44am)

Clearly, some countries have already sent their military experts to train the Ukrainian troops to use the supplied weaponry. They are not pulling the trigger though. What do you think of it?

I didn't reply to you but to Hobbiks. If you want to know why I feel free to read the posts he made previously in this topic (To break it down for you, he denies NATO involvement in Ukraine)
Mar 13 2024 03:54am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 10:44am)

Two days ago Djunior said that North Korea and Myanmar were in a war against Ukraine because they send goods to Russia when I asked him about it. He thinks that every single country that has anything to do with Ukraine are quite literally in a war against Russia. It's fantastical really.
Mar 13 2024 03:56am
I'd say the NATO involvement is a matter of definition at this point. NATO is clearly supplying all the help they can provide (weapons, training, intelligence) except pulling the trigger.

From the perspective of Russia war interest, any degree of involvement is too much.
Mar 13 2024 03:56am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 10:53am)
I didn't reply to you but to Hobbiks. If you want to know why I feel free to read the posts he made previously in this topic (To break it down for you, he denies NATO involvement in Ukraine)

NATO is not an active participant in the war between Ukraine and Russia. Sovereign states however are. If your case made any sense what so ever then NATO would be involved in Russia aswell, considering Russia buys armaments and equipment from Turkey, a member of NATO. By your own flawed logic, NATO is in a war against itself.
Mar 13 2024 03:58am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 10:53am)
"Everyone here understands that Russian losses are highlighted and Ukrainian military losses are marginalized. You can see this every single day when you watch Western news outlets" - But just to be clear, you will not accept any sources proving you wrong. You have your feelings and me or ^Ashirgo cant change them, thats what you just said earlier right?

"You don't care about statements made by von der Leyen (EU president)? But you care about your rando internet article, lol" - Yes, surprisingly I don't care what Ursula said about completely unconfirmed numbers. If Ursula said 3+1 = 8 I wouldn't automatically believe her because she is president of the EU comission. You trust the EU just because their president said something? No critical thinking at all? LOL.

"Well it doesn't surprise me at all. You're that guy dismissing the NATO chief official statements about NATO involvement in Ukraine as "some meaningless quote"" - Misinformation. If you have an article where Jens Stoltenberg says "NATO is involved in Ukraine" then link it right now. If it says anything else I would like you to recant your statement and apologize for the misrepresentation, thanks. (This is where Djunior presents a print screen where Jens Stoltenberg says that NATO is backing Ukraine, which doesn't imply involvement, or he just deflects to another topic.)

You act like Polands PM said something brave and new, but in reality what he has talked about has been covered for hundreds of pages. Military personell from NATO countries are training Ukrainians, this does not mean they are fighting a war or that NATO is involved. Sovereign countries have made decisions about what to do with their military personell. I know you disagree about national sovereignity but you have to accept the reality we are currently living in.

Your rando internet article does not change the bigger picture (repeating myself here)

So according to you the EU president in an official public appearance pulled some numbers out of her ass? Now who is building conspiracy theories lol

So NATO is training the Ukrainian, providing them weapons + ammo, spy satellites + intelligence, assets like global hawk and so on but NATO is not involved. Holy shit lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1407040714072407340744518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll