d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1406940704071407240734518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 13 2024 03:23am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 10:20am)
So why are you even mentioning your stuff in reply to whatever you replied to? Water is wet kind of reply from your side.

It's just a deflection tactic at this point. He will tell you something the west does is bad, you will tell him Russia does the same thing and he just goes "who said they dont" like he didn't just throw his whole argument down the drain.

Me and have explained in which ways Russia is different from the west and that Russian propaganda together with authoritarian regime means that the country is vastly different than any western countrys propaganda and the best thing you guys have is "you can get cancelled in both Russia and the US"?
Gold: 13.37
Mar 13 2024 03:23am
:rolleyes:
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2024 03:25am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 10:23am)
It's just a deflection tactic at this point. He will tell you something the west does is bad, you will tell him Russia does the same thing and he just goes "who said they dont" like he didn't just throw his whole argument down the drain.

Running in circles, until someone eventually realises they have something else to do :)

Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2024 03:26am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 09:21am)
This sounds very patronising :lol:

Feeling superior because you joined a random forum a few years before everyone else? :lol: :bonk:

Your tag teaming on him. you should try to attack him one at a time, not together.

Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 09:13am)
I'm not sure why you're surprised, though. Any society/culture will ostracize people who express a view that disagrees with the firm majority.

A free and open society will not ostracize people who express a view that disagrees with the firm majority. The problem is there are fewer and fewer free societies. Look at the united states and how they ostracize - this is NOT normal, or rather, it is the NEW NORMAL. Understand I am not saying Russia is better, its not, its worse, but well thats like when the Israeli's compare themselves to the germans, dont act like the germans if you dont want to be compared to them.

Western Media has repeatedly lied to its citizens related to causes of this war, the death toll on the ukrainian side, why it refuses to do a negotiated peace and who is winning the war (hint: ukraine is not winning).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 13 2024 03:27am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 13 2024 03:27am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 10:19am)
So you didnt read the article that i linked? Russian losses are not official and have not been official throughout the war. Ukrainian losses are official since a few weeks ago but are coming from a state source.

Multiple different outlets are publishing unofficial numbers. Al Jazeera has a daily update, AP reports bi weekly, Channel 4 just had a big fact check two weeks ago. I don't know what news you read but it's not the biggest news organizations on the planet, because they all report it (if its responsible to do so when most information is completely unconfirmed is another topic entirely).

"Ukrainian military losses are not talked about or marginalized" - This is simply not the case. You delude yourself into thinking this but I could send you hundreds of articles over multiple weeks and it still wouldn't be enough for you.
Tell me, out of curiosity: How many articles or research papers do you want before you accept that it is indeed not some big propaganda conspiracy?

I've seen von der Leyen state that Ukraine lost 100K killed in December 2022 and that statement was very quickly "corrected"

You think you can convince me with some internet article you dig up? Spoiler: you don't

Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 13 2024 10:20am)
So why are you even mentioning your stuff in reply to whatever you replied to? Water is wet kind of reply from your side.

You failed to point it out where I denied that because I didn't

You're as crooked as your buddy hobbiks

Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 13 2024 10:20am)
I mean the implication was that "the west does this and it is bad", if you want to agree that Russia does the exact same thing as the west and also puts critical voices in prison then by all means. Go ahead.

Where did I say the West is bad?

Save me your "implications" lol

I can make shit up too you know ;)

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 13 2024 03:27am
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2024 03:28am
I dont want to scare ppl away from the topic so i'll bow out for the day.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 13 2024 03:29am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 13 2024 10:26am)
Your tag teaming on him. you should try to attack him one at a time, not together.

Hobbit needs someone to hold his hand :rolleyes:

Mar 13 2024 03:31am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 13 2024 10:27am)
I've seen von der Leyen state that Ukraine lost 100K killed in December 2022 and that statement was very quickly "corrected"

You think you can convince me with some internet article you dig up? Spoiler: you don't

So first of all, I'm glad that you can atleast admit that nothing is going to change your mind. Regardless of any evidence that me and will provide you have just admitted to being uninterested in it. You usually call people out for being bad faith actors when you don't agree with their opinion, but I would like you to take a deep hard look at what that term means. It's a really sad cognitive bias.

Second of all, what Ursula says is completely uninteresting. Again if you read any of the replies aimed at you, that would become abundantly clear. The Ukrainian death toll is the ONLY official death toll currently out and that is coming from a state actor (and unless you all of the sudden want to agree with Zelensky then i assume you would be as critical as i am). Russia does not release death statistics and as such there are no official numbers. I don't care if it is Santa Claus, Ursula Van Der Leyen or Putins secret homosexual lover telling you numbers, they are all unconfirmed (unless you want to believe Zelensky, in which case be my guest). Also, numbers from 2022? What a fucking travesty having to go 1.5 years back to find unconfirmed statistics that were retracted. Jesus.
Mar 13 2024 03:34am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 13 2024 10:26am)

To be fair, whenever anyone who disagrees with you or a few other people in this thread, you all become replyguys and dogpile on to whoever disagrees with you. Don't you think this is a little bit ironic to say? Either way, im not condemning you for it, thats what a debate topic is for right? Djunior said it best a few days ago, if you dont want to discuss with multiple people then go to PMs. Maybe thats something you guys could try if you are unhappy with the state of the thread?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2024 03:34am
I guess it's fine.

Djunior in fact is not denying what me or wrote, but he provided a rather non-related reflection about the state of things in the West. I think maybe I overreacted to that :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1406940704071407240734518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll