d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1406440654066406740684518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 12 2024 10:12am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2024 04:10pm)
Imagine being asked to clarify a position on a political and religious discussion board, and then trolling the person that asked you.

Thats a position of weakness.

imagine lying all the time.

for the record, i will always answer a question, and have repeatedly demonstrated this throughout the thread. If you dont like the answer fine, but to say I am dodging is untrue.

We have repeatedly stressed the importance of ukraine to russia, to you, you have repeatedly, not understood it or accepted or views. here we are.

here is a pro western take on the point at hand: https://www.geopoliticalmonitor.com/putin-is-not-protecting-ethnic-russians-in-ukraine-or-elsewhere/
this aligns with your views so should be easy reading.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2024 10:16am
Gold: 32,512.50
Mar 12 2024 10:16am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 12 2024 04:12pm)

for the record, i will always answer a question, and have repeatedly demonstrated this throughout the thread. If you dont like the answer fine, but to say I am dodging is untrue.

You refused to explain how nuclear weapons in Ukraine would be an escalation beyond what is already possible. eg Nukes can be in Finland, Nukes can be in Estonia, Nukes can be in Kaliningrad.
You avoided that half a dozen times. Making weird analogies about someone that slept with your wife.

I actually thought you were a reasonable debater. Then it dawned on me the only "expert" resources you provided were Mearsheimer and Ritter. A debunked theorist and a literal paedophile.
The rest of it is far right populist youtubers.

Mar 12 2024 10:16am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2024 04:16pm)
You refused to explain how nuclear weapons in Ukraine would be an escalation beyond what is already possible. eg Nukes can be in Finland, Nukes can be in Estonia, Nukes can be in Kaliningrad.
You avoided that half a dozen times. Making weird analogies about someone that slept with your wife.

I actually thought you were a reasonable debater. Then it dawned on me the only "expert" resources you provided were Mearsheimer and Ritter. A debunked theorist and a literal paedophile.
The rest of it is far right populist youtubers.

i edited my post. feel free to read it, or not. you dont like our answers. if our answers are not palatable to you, then you might want to reconsider asking questions. I didnt see a yes/no answer to the last question i asked you, you dont see me banging on about that.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2024 10:18am
Mar 12 2024 10:17am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 12 2024 04:12pm)

We have repeatedly stressed the importance of ukraine to russia, to you, you have repeatedly, not understood it or accepted or views. here we are.

Saying Ukraine is important to Russia means nothing unless you expand on it.
WHY is it important. If you can honestly answer then stop dodging.

I made my position clear on WHY it is important and you avoided addressing that.
Its terrible and dishonest discourse constantly.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 12 2024 10:18am
Mar 12 2024 10:20am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 12 2024 04:17pm)
Saying Ukraine is important to Russia means nothing unless you expand on it.
WHY is it important. If you can honestly answer then stop dodging.

I made my position clear on WHY it is important and you avoided addressing that.
Its terrible and dishonest discourse constantly.

your comment is suggesting that i have not expanded on this already. we have repeatedly given your an answer to this question and you have repeatedly not understood our answer. not sure what you mean by you made your position clear. you talk about dishonest discourse but you refuse to answer simple questions, when you ask a question that is not binary you then give out that i am being dishonest...i will try to frame a response in language you can understand.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2024 10:25am
Mar 12 2024 10:22am
This is a chatGPT response to the questions:

1. do you know vladimir putin?

Yes, I'm familiar with Vladimir Putin. He has been a prominent figure in global politics for many years, serving as the President of Russia from 1999 to 2008, then as Prime Minister from 2008 to 2012, and again as President since 2012. He's known for his strong leadership style and has often been a subject of international attention and scrutiny for various political decisions and actions.

2. do you know his views of ethnic russians living outside of russia

Vladimir Putin has expressed various views on ethnic Russians living outside of Russia, particularly in former Soviet republics and neighboring countries. Generally, he has shown interest in fostering cultural, linguistic, and economic ties with ethnic Russians living abroad. He has advocated for the protection of their rights and interests, sometimes using this as a pretext for intervention or involvement in neighboring countries' affairs.

Putin has also spoken about the importance of maintaining Russia's influence in the post-Soviet space, often referring to ethnic Russians as part of a broader Russian-speaking community. However, his approach to this issue can be complex and sometimes controversial, especially when it involves geopolitical tensions with neighboring countries or perceived threats to Russia's sphere of influence.
Mar 12 2024 10:25am
I am purposely using ChatGPT in order to move away from metaphor's and analogies, that you cant comprehend. i hope this simple robotic response is more beneficial for you:

3. what is putins view of finland

Vladimir Putin's views on Finland are multifaceted and influenced by various factors, including historical, geopolitical, and economic considerations. Generally, Russia and Finland have maintained diplomatic relations, and Putin has often emphasized the importance of constructive dialogue and cooperation between the two countries.

However, it's essential to note that Putin's views on Finland may also be influenced by Russia's broader geopolitical interests in the region. Finland shares a long border with Russia, and historically, Finland has balanced its relations between Russia and the West.

Putin may view Finland both as a neighbor with whom Russia seeks to maintain stable relations and as a potential area of influence or interest. Nevertheless, his public statements about Finland are typically diplomatic, emphasizing mutual respect and cooperation.

4. what is putins view of ukraine

Vladimir Putin's views on Ukraine are complex and have evolved over time, particularly in the context of Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine. Putin has often emphasized historical, cultural, and economic ties between Russia and Ukraine, portraying them as closely linked nations with shared heritage.

Putin has expressed concerns about the status and treatment of Russian-speaking populations in Ukraine, particularly in the eastern regions. He has argued that Russia has a duty to protect the rights of ethnic Russians and Russian-speaking Ukrainians, which has been a justification for Russian intervention in Ukrainian affairs.

However, it's crucial to acknowledge that Putin's views on Ukraine are highly controversial and heavily criticized by many Western countries and the Ukrainian government. They see Russia's actions, including its annexation of Crimea and support for separatist movements in eastern Ukraine, as violations of Ukraine's sovereignty and international law.

Overall, Putin's stance on Ukraine is influenced by Russia's geopolitical interests, historical ties, and perceived threats to Russian-speaking populations in Ukraine. His policies toward Ukraine have contributed significantly to tensions between Russia and the West.

hopefully this is an answer for you.

understand that this is version 3.5 of ChatGPT and predates the invasion. Let that sink in.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 12 2024 10:26am
Mar 12 2024 10:28am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 12 2024 04:20pm)
your comment is suggesting that i have not expanded on this already. we have repeatedly given your an answer to this question and you have repeatedly not understood our answer. not sure what you mean by you made your position clear. you talk about dishonest discourse but you refuse to answer simple questions, when you ask a question that is not binary you then give out that i am being dishonest...i will try to frame a response in language you can understand.

I have literally no idea what your answer is, your analogies of people sleeping with your wife and needles in a garden were not clear, at all.

When pressed on what your position actually is, you have nothing.
Its gone a bit like this,

"Russia invaded Ukraine because Ukraine is important to Russia"
"Why?"
"WTF are you dumb?!"

I mean if part of the justification of invading Ukraine is because "Ukraine is important to Russia", or "Ukrainians and Russians have kinship"
Then its no surprise literally nobody with an objective mindset can be persuaded by such threadbare garbage.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 12 2024 10:33am
Gold: 13.37
Mar 12 2024 10:43am
Quote (ferdia @ 12 Mar 2024 19:25)
I am purposely using ChatGPT in order to move away from metaphor's and analogies, that you cant comprehend. i hope this simple robotic response is more beneficial for you:

3. what is putins view of finland

Vladimir Putin's views on Finland are multifaceted and influenced by various factors, including historical, geopolitical, and economic considerations. Generally, Russia and Finland have maintained diplomatic relations, and Putin has often emphasized the importance of constructive dialogue and cooperation between the two countries.

However, it's essential to note that Putin's views on Finland may also be influenced by Russia's broader geopolitical interests in the region. Finland shares a long border with Russia, and historically, Finland has balanced its relations between Russia and the West.

Putin may view Finland both as a neighbor with whom Russia seeks to maintain stable relations and as a potential area of influence or interest. Nevertheless, his public statements about Finland are typically diplomatic, emphasizing mutual respect and cooperation.

4. what is putins view of ukraine

Vladimir Putin's views on Ukraine are complex and have evolved over time, particularly in the context of Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine. Putin has often emphasized historical, cultural, and economic ties between Russia and Ukraine, portraying them as closely linked nations with shared heritage.

Putin has expressed concerns about the status and treatment of Russian-speaking populations in Ukraine, particularly in the eastern regions. He has argued that Russia has a duty to protect the rights of ethnic Russians and Russian-speaking Ukrainians, which has been a justification for Russian intervention in Ukrainian affairs.

However, it's crucial to acknowledge that Putin's views on Ukraine are highly controversial and heavily criticized by many Western countries and the Ukrainian government. They see Russia's actions, including its annexation of Crimea and support for separatist movements in eastern Ukraine, as violations of Ukraine's sovereignty and international law.

Overall, Putin's stance on Ukraine is influenced by Russia's geopolitical interests, historical ties, and perceived threats to Russian-speaking populations in Ukraine. His policies toward Ukraine have contributed significantly to tensions between Russia and the West.

hopefully this is an answer for you.

understand that this is version 3.5 of ChatGPT and predates the invasion. Let that sink in.

Why mock like that? :)
Mar 12 2024 10:47am
lets continue :

5. if Finland joined nato and nato put nuclear weapons in finland, what would putin, hypothetically, do?

Hypothetically, if Finland were to join NATO and NATO decided to deploy nuclear weapons in Finland, it would likely escalate tensions between Russia and the West, including Russia's relationship with Finland.

Vladimir Putin and the Russian government would likely strongly oppose such a move, viewing it as a direct threat to Russia's security interests. Putin has expressed concerns about NATO's expansion eastward, perceiving it as encroaching on Russia's sphere of influence and potentially undermining its security.

In response to such a scenario, Putin might take various actions, which could include:

Diplomatic protests: Russia would likely lodge formal diplomatic protests with NATO and Finland, expressing its opposition to the deployment of nuclear weapons in Finland.

Military buildup: Russia might increase its military presence along its border with Finland and conduct military exercises as a show of force or as a deterrent.

Political and economic measures: Russia could impose economic sanctions or take other political measures against Finland and NATO member states involved in the decision.

Rhetorical escalation: Putin and other Russian officials might issue strong public statements condemning the deployment and warning of potential consequences.

It's important to note that this is a hypothetical scenario, and actual responses from Putin and Russia would depend on a variety of factors, including the broader geopolitical context, the specific circumstances surrounding the deployment of nuclear weapons, and Russia's assessment of its own security interests.

6. if ukraine joined nato and nato put nuclear weapons in ukraine, what would putin, hypothetically, do?

Hypothetically, if Ukraine were to join NATO and NATO decided to deploy nuclear weapons in Ukraine, it would likely be perceived by Vladimir Putin and the Russian government as an extremely provocative and threatening move. Putin has repeatedly expressed strong opposition to NATO expansion into former Soviet territories, viewing it as a direct challenge to Russia's security interests.

In such a scenario, Putin might consider a range of responses, including:

Diplomatic protests: Russia would likely lodge formal diplomatic protests with NATO member states and Ukraine, denouncing the deployment of nuclear weapons as a destabilizing and aggressive act.

Military response: Russia could increase its military presence along its border with Ukraine and conduct military exercises as a show of force. There's also a possibility of military escalation, although the likelihood of direct military confrontation would depend on various factors, including Russia's assessment of the situation and the response from NATO.

Political and economic measures: Russia might impose economic sanctions on Ukraine and NATO member states involved in the decision to deploy nuclear weapons. Additionally, Russia could use its influence in international organizations to rally opposition to the deployment.

Rhetorical escalation: Putin and other Russian officials might issue strong public statements condemning the deployment and warning of potential consequences. This could include threats of retaliation or other unspecified actions.

It's important to emphasize that this is a hypothetical scenario, and actual responses from Putin and Russia would depend on a variety of factors, including the specific circumstances surrounding the deployment of nuclear weapons, Russia's assessment of its own security interests, and the broader geopolitical context. However, it's likely that such a move would significantly escalate tensions between Russia and the West.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1406440654066406740684518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll