d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1405340544055405640574518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Mar 11 2024 08:09am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 01:49pm)
No Nato member is directly at war with Russia. However, Nato is officially supporting Ukraine in their conflict with Russia and is, for the most part, following the lead of the United States. It has made no attempt at a negotiated peace and is complicit. The United States is, to use a term, semi covertly, at war with Russia, using Ukrainian soldiers as their Proxy. It is coming to light the extent to which the United states is involved, and has been involved over the last 10 years (in Ukraine). Several Nato countries have made it clear that they will not send troops to Ukraine while several Nato countries have floated the idea of sending troops. It is clear that the US is providing Ukraine with as much information "intel" as possible related to Ukraine and Russia, to help Ukraine kill Russians. The US is arming Ukrainians, supplying intel, training, providing weapons and geo-political protection, a bit like what they are doing in Israel. Without US support Ukraine would be goosed. It is clear that the US is of the view to send long range weapons to Ukraine (in order to strike targets in Russia or Russian controlled places, say Crimea, Moscow). I believe the US still believes that Ukraine can achieve a victory - i.e. retaking crimea, but it is my belief that Russia would not countenance this. Therefore as with last year, no political decision, stuff still has to happen on the battlefield.

If Nato was a defensive alliance, it should not have sought to bring Ukraine into Nato, as they knew it would provoke a response from Russia. I am not talking about right or wrong I am talking about cause and effect.

Good.

Actually NATO is supporting Ukraine in its defence from Russian invasion, incase that was not apparent.

I know you agree with Mearsheimers offensive realism theory Nd that all blame for the Russian invasion lies with NATO expansion but the consensus among experts opposes this theory.
Anyone is welcome to agree with Mearsheimer, but expecting the majority to accept this as the prominent narrative is not accurate.

At bold, that is a false premise as you then neglect to acknowledge any countries choice to join an alliance; Essentially saying might makes right and national borders are in effect meaningless.

Equally if Russia had not supported seperatists in Ukraine and Moldova, essentially absorbed Belarus, supported the oppressive dictators of Syria, Iran and North Korea; And not to mention invading Chechnya twice, Georgia and eventually of course Ukraine.
Then the premise of countries seeking defence in numbers would be greatly, greatly diminished.

Also to clarify a previous point if the US does grow more isolationist, and it may well do so, then nuclear profileration will rapidly increase.
And a global war will be far more likely going forward.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 11 2024 08:11am
Gold: 7,914.00
Mar 11 2024 08:10am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 11 2024 02:09pm)
Good.

Actually NATO supporting Ukraine in its defence from Russian invasion, incase that was not apparent.

At bold, that is a false premise as you then neglect to acknowledge any countries choice to join an alliance; Essentially saying might makes right and national borders are in effect meaningless.

Equally if Russia had not supported seperatists in Ukraine and Moldova, essentially absorbed Belarus, supported the oppressive dictators of Syria, Iran and North Korea; And not to mention invading Chechnya twice, Georgia and eventually of course Ukraine.
Then the premise of countries seeking defence in numbers would be greatly, greatly diminished.

Also to clarify a previous point if the US does grow more isolationist, and it may well do so, then nuclear profileration will rapidly increase.
And a global war will be far more likely going forward.

you are entitled to have your own opinion on the matter, I (and others) dont have to agree with your view(s). Ultimately the US is on Russia and China's doorstep, they are not at the US doorstep. We can go round and round, better to simply disagree and find another topic.
We have already said that a nuclear war within our lifetimes is looking likely.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2024 08:12am
Gold: 32,512.50
Mar 11 2024 08:12am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 02:10pm)
you are entitled to have your own opinion on the matter, I (and others) dont have to agree with your view(s).
We have already said that a nuclear war within our lifetimes is looking likely.

Agreed. See my edit about the narrative around the offensive realism and NATO expansion argument.

It truly is debunked on many levels, while it is acceptable for you or anyone to believe it is true.
Mar 11 2024 08:15am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 11 2024 02:09pm)
Good.

Actually NATO is supporting Ukraine in its defence from Russian invasion, incase that was not apparent.

I know you agree with Mearsheimers offensive realism theory Nd that all blame for the Russian invasion lies with NATO expansion but the consensus among experts opposes this theory.
Anyone is welcome to agree with Mearsheimer, but expecting the majority to accept this as the prominent narrative is not accurate.

i don't disagree with anything you said here. my only response is: if 99 ppl say one thing and 1 person says the opposite, that does not mean that the 99 people are right and the one person is wrong. The Mearsheimer position (that nato expansion was foolish and a recipe for disaster, and we should all note the position is from 2016, it was not dreamt up after the 2022 invasion) is born out by the maps of the ukraine war and the fact that Russia has not conscripted an extra 5million men (to invade and lay claim to all of ukraine).

Russia has created a land bridge to Crimea, Putin has laid claim to everything east of the dniepo river, and russia has not conscripted the men required to invade all of ukraine, much less poland and germany.

It is for this reason the argument of the mainstream just does not add up to me. the presumed narrative makes no logical sense.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2024 08:19am
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 11 2024 08:17am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 03:00pm)
I agree there's no declaration of war.

However NATO is fully committed to support Ukraine for as long as it takes therefor NATO is involved.

I see no other way to spin this

Great, nothing to see here then, you are saying what everybody knows: Countries in the west are sending aid to Ukraine (as they are allowed to, they are sovereign nations) and NATO is not working in or at war in Ukraine.

NATO being comitted to support doesnt make them involved however. It's like me saying to my friend that i've got his back if he gets jumped, regardless of who he fights im not involved in the fight if i just stand by or there is no fight at all.

Spin is a form of propaganda, I'm sure you don't mean that you're trying to be a propagandist, just letting you know.
Gold: 13.37
Mar 11 2024 08:19am
invading Chechnya twice

How can one invade his own territory? Brb going to invide my kitchen, occupy fridge and genocide the food inside.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 11 2024 08:21am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 03:17pm)
Great, nothing to see here then, you are saying what everybody knows: Countries in the west are sending aid to Ukraine (as they are allowed to, they are sovereign nations) and NATO is not working in or at war in Ukraine.

NATO being comitted to support doesnt make them involved however. It's like me saying to my friend that i've got his back if he gets jumped, regardless of who he fights im not involved in the fight if i just stand by or there is no fight at all.

Spin is a form of propaganda, I'm sure you don't mean that you're trying to be a propagandist, just letting you know.

Exactly

I said that because you were trying to spin this by calling users who pointed out NATO is involved conspiracy theorists.

I hope you've seen the light and will do better
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 11 2024 08:27am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 11 2024 03:09pm)
Good.

Going to respond to this bit here

Up to this day you refuse to acknowledge that NATO welcomed Ukraine and Georgia back in 2008 while I have posted the official NATO source numerous times. How could you miss it?

Mar 11 2024 08:28am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 02:17pm)

1 Country has been at war for 93% of the time it has existed. If there is no enemy, it creates one. It has Israel in the middle east doing its bidding and it has Pakistan slowing India down while it contrives to wreck China. It is busy all over the world creating conflicts, under the false notion that this will stop any country from directly attacking it. hint: either way no one is going to attack it. The most dangerous enemy if has, is itself.

Russia is a convenient enemy so, over the course of a number of years, Russia was provoked into a war with Ukraine. Biden even gave Putin the green light to invade Ukraine. The plan, as we now understand, was to collapse the Russian economy and gobble up Crimea.

Is this all propaganda or is there a hint of truth?

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2024 08:29am
Gold: 166,368.82
Mar 11 2024 08:35am
Quote (Norlander @ Mar 11 2024 03:19pm)
How can one invade his own territory? Brb going to invide my kitchen, occupy fridge and genocide the food inside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechnya

Part of Chechnya declared independence after the dissolution of the soviet union. Russia did not recognize the independence and forced it back into its sphere of influence with 2 wars. Since the installment of the Kydrov clan, Ramzan and his father Mufti Akhmad have been subjected to severe human rights violations by different organizations, suppressing any opposition and restoring control over the region for Moscow.

Overall Russia is one of the most diverse countries on earth with over 193 ethnic minorities.

This post was edited by Gala on Mar 11 2024 08:45am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1405340544055405640574518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll