d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1404840494050405140524518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Mar 11 2024 06:28am
, can you lend me a white flag? I give up to read this conversation between the mutes and the blinds :)

This post was edited by Norlander on Mar 11 2024 06:29am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 11 2024 06:33am
Quote (Norlander @ Mar 11 2024 01:28pm)
^Meanwhile, can you lend me a white flag? I give up to read this conversation between the mutes and the blinds :)

Yeah it's wild. I'm gonna post this image and be done with it

this guy lives in his own little bubble, hopeless case

Gold: 166,368.82
Mar 11 2024 06:58am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 12:46pm)
If you want to engage in bad faith I'm not going to respond to you.

I just try to understand what is your motive to make Ukraine look like a country of Nazis sympathisers and a EU puppet state. And the only explanation I have is to justify the invasion in Ukraine which is the topic of this thread.
Perhaps I’m mistaken here and follow the wrong logical path. But you are clearly following a pro Russian narrative.
I don’t say it is necessarily smart for Ukraine to apply for NATO membership but I can’t refute the argument of NATO saying that any state (including Russia who also once seeked ties with NATO) is allowed to maintain relations with them. That is a trademark of an independent state, like it or not.

First sources: You know perfectly well what I said and I even repeated it --> high ranking Western officials publicly speaking at Maidan and openly supporting the protesters sends a message to the Russians. This is how it works

To be fair the Russian population would never have allowed for an invasion if they had a say in Russia. The Russian regime led by Putin is responsible, although it cannot be said the Russian population is entirely innocent, same as the Germans have not been innocent of the atrocities committed during WW II.

I also said IMO the invasion is not justified. How many times have I said this now?

I respect that. I will have to try and understand your arguments on Ukraine in a different light then.

Second sources: You explicitly asked for nazis in Ukraine sources that's why I posted them.

Thanks for taking time to provide me with sources.

I'm not going to bother picking through the rest of the wall of text

I just think that when you take your time to give me a response I should consider what you write and try to provide what I can to answer to it in a respectful manner.
I don’t ask you to read it if you don’t want to.

Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 12:52pm)
It is a fact that Ukraine cluster-bombed its own people for 8 years and unless I am living in some warped reality, I am pretty sure sites in Russia were attacked by Ukraine. This is a bit of topic at hand to be honest. The topic was that the United States and the United Kingdom have active forces in Ukraine. My understanding of your argument is that you deny this claim while all media outlets are literally running these stories, which the US and England are NOT REFUTING.

First of all I want to thank for the effort of providing me the link to the use cluster ammunitions by Ukraine by HRW.
The article states up to 12 incidents with at least 6 people killed and dozens wounded. Now it also mentions that some of these rockets have been malfunctioning, falling to the ground shortly after they were launched.

I don’t want to refute your argument but this article alone does not prove that Kyiv has been bombing Donbass regions for 8 years. The article was published in late 2014, making this one of the first documented violations in Donbass which by that point had become a war zone with conflict parties including Russia and Ukraine.

I also don’t see the logic in the fact that Russia claims that Ukraine would be systematically suppressing people of Russian culture in that area. There is a separate topic of accusations of genocide in Donbass. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accusations_of_genocide_in_Donbas
According to the UN Comissioner of Human rights about 6500 Russian proy forces, 4.400 Ukranian forces and 3,404 civilians were killed during the fights in Donbass from 2014 onward.
Now if we had to find a legilization for the argument of a genocide on the Russian minority in Donbass we’d have to look before 2014.

„Immediately after the 2014 Revolution of Dignity in Ukraine, armed Russian proxies declared the independence of the two regions, triggering the war in Donbas. At the same time, the pro-European government in Kyiv began to gradually use the Ukrainian language to replace the dominant position of Russian in Ukraine.“

So we can see a struggle for power in this region with Russia on the one-hand side and Ukraine on the other. Now there is no way anybody could say the Russian minority in the Donbass could have pulled this off on their own, they have been armed and also supported by Russian mercenaries, erupting in a conflict.
Ukraine tried to counter act with measures to increase the Ukranian independency in those Regions, which Russia took as an argument of genocide, russophobia, and so on.

Likewise, the baltic states see themselves confronted with the same problem right now: Russia is threatening them because the Baltics want their Russian minority to either learn their own language or move out of the country in fear that they would serve as legitimate targets for an invasion.

Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 01:33pm)

This comment from Stoltenberg is very clear that NATO will support Ukraine in their defense against Russia.
According to the UN charter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_in_international_law) every country has the right to defend itself.

There is no threat against Russia, no provocation. Yet Russia keeps attacking Ukraine. And deliberately so civilian targets to weaken the morale of the Ukranian population.
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 11 2024 06:58am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 12:33pm)
Yeah it's wild. I'm gonna post this image and be done with it ^Hobbiks

^Ferdia this guy lives in his own little bubble, hopeless case

https://i.imgur.com/2EzaOTN.jpg

I mean its there to be read, thank you for supplying the visual aid. Jens Stoltenberg is unhinged and dogmatic in his determination to see this war escalate.
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 11 2024 06:59am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 01:27pm)
:huh:

You talk to Ferdia dude. Stop acting in bad faith

Secondly I already posted enough evidence

NATO weapons / ammo / intelligence to provide targeting data / and so on

Why do you think Ukraine is desperate now that it hardly receives any 155 mm standard caliber NATO ammunition? Asking for a friend

It's very interesting that both of you have this concrete evidence but you refuse to send it. Idk, as said, maybe we are just different. I think providing evidence and sources is important, especially if it's something that could potentially change an entire geographical region because of the scope of it. You don't and thats fine.

"Why do you think Ukraine is desperate now that it hardly receives any 155 mm standard caliber NATO ammunition?" - NATO also breathes air, does that mean Ukrainians are in NATO because they breathe? You asked me a question about grenades, when you got a response you didnt want you just moved on, like an NPC. Its chocking really, the mental gymnastics.
Gold: 4.91
Mar 11 2024 07:01am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 09:59am)
It's very interesting that both of you have this concrete evidence but you refuse to send it. Idk, as said, maybe we are just different. I think providing evidence and sources is important, especially if it's something that could potentially change an entire geographical region because of the scope of it. You don't and thats fine.

"Why do you think Ukraine is desperate now that it hardly receives any 155 mm standard caliber NATO ammunition?" - NATO also breathes air, does that mean Ukrainians are in NATO because they breathe? You asked me a question about grenades, when you got a response you didnt want you just moved on, like an NPC. Its chocking really, the mental gymnastics.

Bruh do you have a condition....
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 01:33pm)
Yeah it's wild. I'm gonna post this image and be done with it ^Hobbiks

^Ferdia this guy lives in his own little bubble, hopeless case

https://i.imgur.com/2EzaOTN.jpg

NATO "backing Ukraine" is not the same thing as being in a war. China and North Korea are backing Russia, are they in a war?

Just to be clear, the best evidence you and can find is an unrelated quote by Jens Stoltenberg? Not too surprising. I expected better from ferdia but not from you, honestly. Do better.
Gold: 7,914.00
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 12:59pm)

Its very interesting that you are able to ignore all the evidence freely available on line, but here we are.

The US Funds the war in Ukraine and ensures that there is no peace. The US provides Ukraine with the Intel it needs to better defend itself. The US has been in Ukraine for more then 20 years and became actively involved since before the US coup in Ukraine in 2014. Long Range Missiles and capabilities (F16's) are now being supplied to Ukraine.

The United Kingdom has troops in Ukraine
France is mulling over sending troops to Ukraine

you can say thats all conspiracy theory all day long but that does not mean I have to believe you.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2024 07:05am
Gold: 100,701.50
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 01:58pm)
I mean its there to be read, thank you for supplying the visual aid. Jens Stoltenberg is unhinged and dogmatic in his determination to see this war escalate.

Well tbh Jens Stoltenberg in his role as NATO chief is just NATO's mouth piece right

I mean we can be sure that before such a statement there's a lot of talk and all members must line up behind that statement
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ Mar 11 2024 02:01pm)
Bruh do you have a condition....

get this guy, he is being fallacious! I bet you wont stand for it.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1404840494050405140524518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll