d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1404540464047404840494518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 11 2024 05:16am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 11:14am)
No need to be triggered little guy. You were the ones who acted like Scott Ritter was some sort of expert on eastern european geopolitics and linked him in the thread, not me lol, that one is on you.

"This whole conflict is about geo-politics namely the West insisting that Ukraine becomes NATO / EU member" - Thats your framing of the conflict. Other people would say it is an invasion of a sovereign country. I doubt you would understand that difference though as you seem to believe this is a discussion between "the west" (your headmates, who live rent free in your noggin) and russia and not just a discussion between two people on a video game forum.

You have your own opinions and you are entitled to them. If Russian armed forces were in Mexico funding, organizing and directing attacks against the United States, you can be sure that the United States would do something about it.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 11 2024 05:19am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 12:14pm)
No need to be triggered little guy. You were the ones who acted like Scott Ritter was some sort of expert on eastern european geopolitics and linked him in the thread, not me lol, that one is on you.

"This whole conflict is about geo-politics namely the West insisting that Ukraine becomes NATO / EU member" - Thats your framing of the conflict. Other people would say it is an invasion of a sovereign country. I doubt you would understand that difference though as you seem to believe this is a discussion between "the west" (your headmates, who live rent free in your noggin) and russia and not just a discussion between two people on a video game forum.

1) I didn't link him I reacted to your dumb comments
2) Turned out you're making claims about writing a thesis about the whole weapons inspection thing and you don't even know Ritter resigned

Who's the little guy? Joke's on you entirely

About NATO insisting that Ukraine becomes a NATO member that's not me claiming that, it's this guy ;)

Gold: 166,368.82
Mar 11 2024 05:21am
Please make your argumentative structure more clear.
First you said the EU politicians speaking on Maidan are the reason why Ukraine was invaded. Now you say it’s because the former top commander of the Ukranian army had a picture of Nazi collaborateur hanging in his office is the reason why Ukraine was invaded.

Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 10:57am)
Ukraine's army chief is a banderite.

That’s what you are saying. And that’s why I ask you if he has ever approved the massacres of Jews and Polish people or does he want to kill some himself?
As I mentioned Bandera was a Nazi collaborator but is also viewed by some Ukranians as a national hero for the fight of an independent Ukraine.
As Bandera is a very controversial person from a neutral standpoint, I will feel like we are giving this argument too much attention.

We don't have the right to frame all Ukrainians as Nazis, nazis women, children etc. As we are neglecting what crimes have been committed by the 3rd Reich.

I don't think the EU has ever protested that Ukraine's army chief is a banderite.

Does that mean that the EU will have to let all Ukrainians fall?
As I mentioned in my previous post ultra-nationalist tendencies exist not only in Ukraine.

The same with corruption by the way. Before the war corruption was called a big problem in Ukraine and corruption is a reason to block a country's EU membership bid.

Corruption has existed on a large scale in Ukraine. In the soviet union, after the iron curtain fell till today. It will be hard to fight it and can probably never eliminated. That said no country is corruption-free.

It does exist in the European Union as well. Just look at the European parliament where Eva Kaili
has been bribed by Qatar. And this is only the very tip of the iceberg. Smart corrupt people don’t get caught so easily, hoarding suspicious amounts of hardcash in their hotel rooms.
The influence of Russia and China is also clearly evident within several European States.

I don’t even want to begin with Orban and Hungary…

There will always be a struggle to fight corruption and lobbyism.

The EU and Western media stated that nazis in Ukraine were a big problem. After the invasion --> crickets

You have basically already given yourself proof that this is not the case. The majority of your sources are Western media outlets and they have existed before the war started to this date. Whereas the war is now taking much of the room of journalistic attention.

All of this should tell you something, namely that you are being lied to. The EU simply insists that Ukraine becomes a NATO and EU member and using propaganda is allowed to reach that goal.

You’re only pointing out certain sources being approval of a NATO and EU membership. While it is legal to strive for democratic values I would also have wished Ukraine would have stayed away from NATO and EU if that would have helped solve the conflict. But Putin would have attacked Ukraine either way.

Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons in return for security assurances from Russia. These have been broken by Putin.

Before the war started, there were intense diplomatic efforts to stop Putins war efforts. Back in 2008 Sarkozy and Merkel rejected their approval for a Ukranian NATO membership while the US was voting for it.
https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/ukraine-how-merkel-prevented-ukraine-s-nato-membership-a-der-spiegel-reconstruction-a-c7f03472-2a21-4e4e-b905-8e45f1fad542

Slovenia and North Macedonia have been applying to EU membership over 20 years ago. It’s not like the process will be finished within a couple of months.

In any case, having diplomatic relations with either EU or NATO does not justify invading an inferior country and killing and deporting their people along with permanently occupying their territory and putting Russian people on Ukranian soil to manifest the permanent downfall of Ukraine as a sovereign state.

You post the same question "is an invasion justified". I already answered that IMO it's not but this is the risk the West deliberately accepted, it's 100% clear that NATO / the West understands this. If they don't understand this they're a bunch of amateurs.

You understand this too I'm sure. You perfectly understand that if this had happened to the US (for example Russia absorbing Mexico into a military alliance that puts weapons close to the US border) it would be completely unacceptable and the US would do everything needed to reverse that situation.

There was and never will be a threat from Ukraine to Russia. There is no ballistic nuclear missiles stationed in the Baltics or Finland. Yet nuclear deterrence would allow for NATO to wipe out Russia and vice versa.
The weapons sent to Ukraine are meant to defend themselves against the aggressor and we all know that. Most of them have been sent as a response to the scale of Russia’s destruction in Ukraine.

Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 12:16pm)
You have your own opinions and you are entitled to them. If Russian armed forces were in Mexico funding, organizing and directing attacks against the United States, you can be sure that the United States would do something about it.

There is de-facto no attack from Ukraine against Russia. All military equipment for the Ukrainians is intended for self-defence.

This post was edited by Gala on Mar 11 2024 05:25am
Gold: 1,107.20
Mar 11 2024 05:21am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 11 2024 12:16pm)

You gave up trying to explain the theory you had about that big conspiracy involving secret military operations involving multiple states going on in Ukraine? To me that would have been pretty important to provide proof of, if it was happening. Not to you apparently.

But we are not discussing Mexico. We are discussing the invasion of Ukraine, a sovereign country, by Russia. Your example isn't even a wartime example.

Ill try one last time, because it's obvious you both can't and wont respond: Also you never responded to this, from my last post, and I would like you to: I want the document from the US white house declaring war on Russia.

^ You said that the US and UK don't deny that they are in a war with Russia and I would like you to provide the proof. (Also, and this is a little unrelated, if the US and UK don't deny that they are in a War then how is it secret operations? You have to pick one, do the US and UK claim they are in a war or do they secretly operate in Ukraine?)
Gold: 13.37
Mar 11 2024 05:25am
Quote (Djunior @ 11 Mar 2024 14:19)
2) Turned out you're making claims about writing a thesis about the whole weapons inspection thing and you don't even know Ritter resigned

About NATO insisting that Ukraine becomes a NATO member that's not me claiming that, it's this guy ;)

https://i.imgur.com/bJ4SXNz.jpg

I see only a girl :drool:

That’s what you are saying. And that’s why I ask you if he has ever approved the massacres of Jews and Polish people or does he want to kill some himself?

In this case a proper question would be: "Has he ever disapproved it?". Otherwise you can openly be a Hitler fanboy and heartedly comdemn Holocaust.

This post was edited by Norlander on Mar 11 2024 05:31am
Mar 11 2024 05:27am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 12:19pm)

1) Again, your literacy fails you my little compadre. I said you were the "ones", which is plural.
2) I wrote a thesis about the war in Iraq, calling the invasion unjustified. I quoted the weapons team Ritter was in in the 90's. That was the claim i made weeks ago (that you are still hung up on because you are obsessed with me, don't worry, I get that alot) and I stand by that. You being as obsessed with me as you are with Scott Ritter and his employment doesn't really change my stance on Russia or the Iraq war.

I mean since you have to ask who the little guy is, I would assume its you?

"About NATO insisting that Ukraine becomes a NATO member that's not me claiming that, it's this guy" - Something nobody has contested. Im glad you keep rambling about things nobody in this thread have been talking about for the last hundred pages. That way people who aren't invested in the conflict will gather pretty quickly what kind of people are defending Russia online.
Mar 11 2024 05:35am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 12:27pm)
1) Again, your literacy fails you my little compadre. I said you were the "ones", which is plural.
2) I wrote a thesis about the war in Iraq, calling the invasion unjustified. I quoted the weapons team Ritter was in in the 90's. That was the claim i made weeks ago (that you are still hung up on because you are obsessed with me, don't worry, I get that alot) and I stand by that. You being as obsessed with me as you are with Scott Ritter and his employment doesn't really change my stance on Russia or the Iraq war.

I mean since you have to ask who the little guy is, I would assume its you?

"About NATO insisting that Ukraine becomes a NATO member that's not me claiming that, it's this guy" - Something nobody has contested. Im glad you keep rambling about things nobody in this thread have been talking about for the last hundred pages. That way people who aren't invested in the conflict will gather pretty quickly what kind of people are defending Russia online.

Complete fallacy

You're the one who thought to make a splash by accusing people here of blindly sucking up disinfo provided by a pedophile and you were routed, EZd

Took you weeks before you came back here, lol

Now you think you can accuse users here of building conspiracy theories (the users in question simply say NATO is involved in Ukraine which is undeniable)

You're the one who's actually rambling, you can try but it won't effect me. I'm very consistent ;)
Mar 11 2024 05:41am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 11 2024 12:35pm)
Complete fallacy

You're the one who thought to make a splash by accusing people here of blindly sucking up disinfo provided by a pedophile and you were routed, EZd

Took you weeks before you came back here, lol

Now you think you can accuse users here of building conspiracy theories (the users in question simply say NATO is involved in Ukraine which is undeniable)

You're the one who's actually rambling, you can try but it won't effect me. I'm very consistent ;)

I think it's a little hilarious that you complain about fallacies after interrupting the discussion I was having with another user with an ad hominem. Some people are the worst crybabies. If you can't take it, don't dish it out snowflake. This isn't a formal debate and rhetorics isn't a game where whoever has the least fallacies wins, Aristotle was pretty clear on that.

"You're the one who thought to make a splash by accusing people here of blindly sucking up disinfo provided by a pedophile and you were routed, EZd" - You're still upset about the Ritter stuff? What was it you disagreed with? That Ritter has been convicted of crimes against children multiple times? That Ritter gets paid by the Russian government?

You're right, it took weeks for me to get back here. I work pretty hard and I don't play that much D2R atm, so I spend less time on JSP. Maybe that's a slam dunk to russophiles? Somebody working and being busy is apparently a bad thing?

"Now you think you can accuse users here of building conspiracy theories" - I mean it is a theory about a conspiracy. If you want to prove that there is an actual conspiracy then by all means, go ahead. Ive asked multiple times to provide concrete evidence of what you guys are saying is going on, but isn't providing the evidence. I wont force him or her to provide it or to talk to me, its up to you guys if you want to prove it or not. Until then, it is however a conspiracy theory.
Mar 11 2024 05:46am
Quote (Gala @ Mar 11 2024 12:21pm)
Please make your argumentative structure more clear.
First you said the EU politicians speaking on Maidan are the reason why Ukraine was invaded. Now you say it’s because the former top commander of the Ukranian army had a picture of Nazi collaborateur hanging in his office is the reason why Ukraine was invaded.

If you want to engage in bad faith I'm not going to respond to you.

First sources: You know perfectly well what I said and I even repeated it --> high ranking Western officials publicly speaking at Maidan and openly supporting the protesters sends a message to the Russians. This is how it works

I also said IMO the invasion is not justified. How many times have I said this now?

Second sources: You explicitly asked for nazis in Ukraine sources that's why I posted them.

I'm not going to bother picking through the rest of the wall of text
Mar 11 2024 05:52am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 11 2024 12:41pm)
I think it's a little hilarious that you complain about fallacies after interrupting the discussion I was having with another user with an ad hominem. Some people are the worst crybabies. If you can't take it, don't dish it out snowflake. This isn't a formal debate and rhetorics isn't a game where whoever has the least fallacies wins, Aristotle was pretty clear on that.

"You're the one who thought to make a splash by accusing people here of blindly sucking up disinfo provided by a pedophile and you were routed, EZd" - You're still upset about the Ritter stuff? What was it you disagreed with? That Ritter has been convicted of crimes against children multiple times? That Ritter gets paid by the Russian government?

You're right, it took weeks for me to get back here. I work pretty hard and I don't play that much D2R atm, so I spend less time on JSP. Maybe that's a slam dunk to russophiles? Somebody working and being busy is apparently a bad thing?

"Now you think you can accuse users here of building conspiracy theories" - I mean it is a theory about a conspiracy. If you want to prove that there is an actual conspiracy then by all means, go ahead. Ive asked ^Ferdia multiple times to provide concrete evidence of what you guys are saying is going on, but ^Ferdia isn't providing the evidence. I wont force him or her to provide it or to talk to me, its up to you guys if you want to prove it or not. Until then, it is however a conspiracy theory.

Were you having a private conversation? This is PARD so users can respond (there's always the PM option)

I'm not crying here, it's you who's weeping bitter tears. You cannot stand it that Scott Ritter has an audience and now you cannot stand it that users simply point out that NATO is involved in Ukraine. Your wild accusations prove that.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1404540464047404840494518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll