d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1402940304031403240334519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 9 2024 01:51am
Another sign for how the war is going

Azov Nazis are once again recruiting child soldiers. The Right Sector and 119th Separate Brigade have started holding small arms and FPV drone training for girls in the 14-18 year old range, so they'll be ready to mobilize. We of course know this because like I've always said, Nazis really want you to know when they're doing war crimes and shiz, and just love uploading pictures of it to the internet to show off just how warcrimey they can be. Jesus, anyone remember the white helmets in Syria? What percent of the population was disconnected from the internet, unfamiliar with social media? All their photo ops and propaganda had to pass through censors trying to actually sculpt a narrative for western audiences. Now we've got a conflict where Nazis just post pics of themselves training child soldiers and western media's only way to deal with it is to just pretend it isn't happening and tell no one about it

Gold: 13.37
Mar 9 2024 02:14am
Quote (Goomshill @ 9 Mar 2024 10:39)
What did you think was going on in this video clip?:

https://files.catbox.moe/nk1ckp.mp4

I'll give you a hint, everyone in the video is Ukrainian.

Formally, keeping in mind that Ukraine means a borderland and they didn't make it through

This post was edited by Norlander on Mar 9 2024 02:18am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 9 2024 02:30am
Quote (Gala @ Mar 8 2024 10:19pm)
You are indirectly saying that. Your narrative is absolutely pro Russian (Zelensky decorates nazis) → Justification to invade?. Because this is what Russia used as one of their reason for the invasion. To get rid of Nazi government.

This is not just a conflict. This is a war. A slaughter. One country invading another, unprovoked. There is no emotions involved it’s just facts and to this day no human being has brought up any valid point why Ukranian people have to die needlessly.

You cannot invade a country simply because you think that their own foreign policy, which is peaceful, unprovocative, is wrong and does not comply with your own view. If you think otherwise you are asking for an invasion.

I know people from Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine, Russia. They all want to live in peace. Russia is a threat in the region as evidence shows with the current invasion of Ukraine. Seeking for allies and relations in economy and military is a valid point. There is no legitimasation for invasion here.

The young people are striving toward’s EU not as a provocation to Russia because they are afraid of Russia, being imprisoned if they don’t not have the same views as the gov, if you are not able to speak as a free person. There is no democracy in Russia. You don’t know what it means to live in a state like that. Neither do I. But I talked to people who lived there and who just wanted to flee from it.

I do not approve of what US or other western countries have done in the 20th century. I certainly do condem the Russian gov’s actions in Syria, Ukraine, Africa. They are killing hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, including their own country, and it’s merely because they want to push their geopolitical interests ruthlessly foward.

Please tell me a reason why anyone would bomb a peaceful Russia? They don’t even bomb a Russia at war. This is an untenable claim that you are making, nobody ever spoke of that and I hear that from you for the first time.

Let me go through this one by one:
McCain

McCain was btw one of the few people to accurately predict that there will be a war in Ukraine.
This is a worthile watch I think https://www.facebook.com/inukraine.official/videos/back-in-2014-john-mccain-saw-it-all/671145098023377/

Mccain says: Your future, this is about you, about peace, about relations will all of your neighbors.

On a side note: I wonder why there is no Russian politicians speaking there.

In That video I see no guns, no hatred, no aggression towards Russia.
Now I don’t know if he should have mentioned that USA is with them, it is an indirect provocation towards Russia. But does that justify hundreds of thousands of killed people? Is that what you want to tell me?
The destiny of Ukraine lies within Europe and it’s quiet true because Ukraine is on the European continent. Yanukovich was elected because he had a pro European course that he later reverted. And this, along with incarceration of other diplomats (Yulia Tymoshenko ), increasing media censorship (https://akademie.dw.com/en/ukraine-restriction-of-press-freedoms/a-5792722) and growing corruption (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezhyhirya_Residence) led to protests. The orders to shoot over 100 protesters dead who were merely armed with wooden shields (is that what you call ukranian agitators backed by the west?) made him unbearable for the Ukranian government.

NATO welcoming Georgia and Ukraine back in 2008, NATO summit in Bucharest https://www.nato.int/docu/update/2008/04-april/e0403h.html

I never denied that Georgia, Moldova or Ukraine were seeking new partners, what is the matter though? Do you say this justifies a Russian invasion including hundreds of thousands of killed people? Ukraine never was and never will be a threat to Russia, this is all made up by Putin who wants to take Ukraine and make it a puppet state like Belarus. He hates independent states.
If you feel like that is a valid reason, Russia might as well invade Finland. Because they did decide to join NATO. Makes them a legitimate target, right?

Verhofstadt

So what you say is that any Eastern European state who welcomes politicians from Western Europe or the United States is a legitimate target for Russian invasion? Is that what you want to tell me? Seriously?
Okay so this is very interesting. Verhofstadt speeks openly in Ukraine about freezing assets of Ukranian politicians and the Ukranian people applaud him. Does this not show how much disharmony there was between the Ukranian people and their government at that point in time? You can also come to the conclusion that these are all paid pro western actors. Just like Russia claimed that the people who were bombed in a Russian hospital in Mariupol are also actors (can recommend the documentary „20 days in Mariupol“ if you want to see what a „liberation“ looks like)

Now this speech was held after already 77 people have been killed and another 500 injured. Still they didn’t falter to protest against the government.
https://www.thebulletin.be/former-belgian-prime-minister-addresses-protesters-kiev

The article goes on, stating that: Verhofstadt’s speech was criticised by Idesbald Goddeeris, an expert in Slavic culture at the University of Leuven. “The EU has only added fuel to the fire with Guy Verhofstadt’s intervention,” he told the Flemish radio programme Bonus. “We claim to be arbitrators, but in fact we have intervened because of motives other than freedom and democracy. If we had wanted to help Ukraine, we should have done so during the 2005 revolution.”
Verhofstadt dismissed the criticism as “completely absurd”. He said there was no hidden agenda and the EU was supporting the Ukrainian opposition in its demand for “an end to corruption, media manipulation and government violence”.

So it meant that they froze assets of Yanukovich government after he ordered to kill 77 people. Now as stated in the article it might have stirred some unrest in the Russian gov. But again: What does Russia have to do with Ukrainian affairs? In fact Russia called for an end to the conflict at the time which is only rarely mentioned. A valiant effort that did not last long unfortunately.

I also believe Verhofstadt that he says there was no hidden agenda. Look at his bio. This guy has been prime minister of Belgium and he does not have any interest to stirr up a conflict in that region.

Look at the scenery. Verhofstadt is not armed. He’s not putting a gun to anyone’s head to cheer for him. Sure he talks about what the people want to hear. They are dreaming of an independent Ukraine, not a Russian satellite state. And that’s why so many people have to die in Ukraine every day. Because Putin himself can’t stand a neighbor that does not abide by his will.

I was more expecting the genocide thing, cities being razed to the ground by Ukranians, bombing their own cities and people. It may well be that Ukranians killed Ukranians in the course.

But as a matter of fact and I’m sure that everyone here knows this is that Vladimir Putin is one of the most ruthless autocratic leaders on this planet. He does not care for the Russian minority in Ukraine, he does not care for his own people. He cares about being in power, removing any opposition, remaining there, extending his power, using all of Russias resources to build up their military, go to other countries and invade them.
The countries that he has invaded never proved to be any threat to him whatsoever. It is made up to find a reason for invasion. He is putting people in jail for several years for just holding up a white t-shirt or mentioning that the „special operation“ in Ukraine is a war.

While I do appreciate you post the first 2 videos, which by no means justify a Russian invasion into Ukraine. (There is no threat to Russia anywhere to be seen) , I don’t really feel like you should post a video where a 2nd in line politcian is swearing. I also find it arrogant from the people in the video giving advice to Ukranian officials on what they should or should not do. This is more an offense towards Ukranians than it is to Russians imho. It’s an alleged audio of 2 politicians I never heard of. This is an awkward video but again, there is no threat to Russia whatsoever here.
Sovereign, independent Ukranian people will not let US nor Russian officials tell them how they handle their own politics.

None of the sources you provided gives any reason for an invasion, killing hundreds of thousands in the process, deporting people and children to Russia. Settling Russian people on Ukranian territory.

I hope you never show this to Ukranian people as the reason why they were invaded. They would be very angry at you.

In general I find it disgusting how people try to desperately come up with reasons why Russia would invade Ukraine. Putin just doesn’t like Ukranian indepedency. That’s why he tries to remove independent Ukraine from the map and if he will win the war, which seems to be the case, there will no longer be an independent Ukraine but another Russian satellite state, build on the corpses of many Ukranian and Russian people who have died in vain of another needless war.

This is not between Ukranian and Russian people. They don’t hate each other. I know both nationalaties. I’ve been living together with Russian people. I have Ukranian refugees as my neighbors. They don’t want to kill each other, they want peace.

And yeah I have nothing else to say. If you think the sources you provided here justify an invasion then I can’t help you.

Wall of text. You should stop adding more text it doesn't help you in the slightest and doesn't make me walk away. And stop twisting my words it's very clear what I said and it's not indirectly. I'm actually being very direct if you didn't notice.

You are simply not interested in facts, you're emotionally involved because you know people from Ukraine which doesn't mean anything because we are talking about geo-politics. The powers involved here are a Western block that wants Ukraine absorbed into NATO and a giant in the East that wants to prevent that. Surprise: that has nothing to do with me or what I say. What do you not understand??

The sources I posted are 100% clear and exactly what I claimed namely high ranking Western officials speaking at Maidan Square.

Now go to Russia and tell them that means nothing at all, it's not a concern, the West can do what they want because Russians bad, your "standards" are higher because you have rainbow flags or whatever and find out that they actually care and they do not accept a Western putsch in Ukraine where pro-Western puppets are installed to guarantee a smooth path into NATO and EU

I did NOT say that justifies an invasion I'm pointing out that this is how it works in geo-politics. Let me remind you the US pulls this shit all the time all over the world and I've never seen you here to condemn that. Don't call it a whataboutism or I will laugh in your face

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 9 2024 02:32am
Gold: 166,368.82
Mar 9 2024 06:29am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 9 2024 08:51am)
Another sign for how the war is going

Azov Nazis are once again recruiting child soldiers. The Right Sector and 119th Separate Brigade have started holding small arms and FPV drone training for girls in the 14-18 year old range, so they'll be ready to mobilize. We of course know this because like I've always said, Nazis really want you to know when they're doing war crimes and shiz, and just love uploading pictures of it to the internet to show off just how warcrimey they can be. Jesus, anyone remember the white helmets in Syria? What percent of the population was disconnected from the internet, unfamiliar with social media? All their photo ops and propaganda had to pass through censors trying to actually sculpt a narrative for western audiences. Now we've got a conflict where Nazis just post pics of themselves training child soldiers and western media's only way to deal with it is to just pretend it isn't happening and tell no one about it

https://i.imgur.com/0r5kl29.jpeg

Please provide your sources instead of a screenshot.

I know similar sources dating to Russia, such as

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11335901/FOUR-year-olds-shown-use-AK-47s-grenade-launchers-Russian-kindergarten.html
https://nypost.com/2022/10/20/russian-kindergarteners-learn-how-to-use-ak-47s-grenades/
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/24/europe/russia-schools-pro-war-parade-grounds-intl/index.html

Or minors parading on the red square on the day of Russian victory.

Now I won't judge Russia for doing this. It just means they are militarizing their people, starting from a very young age.

I would also like to know your definition of Nazi. Is Ukraine a nazi state?
Minors touching guns makes them Nazis?
Gold: 11.11
Mar 9 2024 06:39am
Used French gun for sale: never fired and dropped once.

Gold: 20,065.00
Mar 9 2024 06:41am
Quote (zorzin @ Mar 9 2024 07:39am)
Used French gun for sale: never fired and dropped once.

https://i.postimg.cc/R0Q8FYZp/1709987791164067.jpg

Nonsense. Would be political suicide, the French wouldn’t put up with that.
Gold: 11.11
Mar 9 2024 06:53am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 9 2024 07:41am)
Nonsense. Would be political suicide, the French wouldn’t put up with that.

I dunno, African countries tend to be unpredictable
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 9 2024 07:12am
Quote (zorzin @ Mar 9 2024 01:53pm)
I dunno, African countries tend to be unpredictable

:lol:
Gold: 166,368.82
Mar 9 2024 07:27am
To begin my statement I like to discuss on a mutual level and we still, for the most part, having a civilized argument, so I’ll appreciate that.
While I do realize that some of the things that are being written do require research on my behalf, I’m concerned with some of the narratives which are spread here.
I’m not here to change your mind of force anything upon you. I was just giving you links to see for your self and then you can work that in, put that against another theory.
But you stand with what you think which I ask you to provide evident sources. The only thing I get is your personal view and you don’t allow anything else. That’s fine but I can’t believe some of the things that you are writing about as long as you are not able to provide valid sources for your claims.

Nobody seems to be caring about that Russians are bombing Ukrainians on a daily basis. The only thing that I read is how concerned you are with Ukranian Azos nazis.
And simultaneously you are shying away from revealing your source. Are you afraid of something?
I want to see your bigger picture. I ask for sources that’s the only thing. Stop making claims, provide sources.

Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 9 2024 03:52am)
When you try to tell people what to do and how to think, do you find much success?

I did never tell you that, I said: Please read sources, please provide sources to claims. That’s all im asking and for most part you have failed to so.
You are saying my sources are wrong or I don’t care which is ignorant.

And there you go again with the 'doing good' or 'atrocious'. Again, trying to frame moral arguments.
See how that isn't constructive yet?

Let me be frank: There is hardly anything good, also with looking at history, when one country is invading another by force, killing and displacing its population. And this leaves me speechless that some people here are covering up these obvious war crimes with the argument that it was necessary for Russia to invade Ukraine.

One question I would like to ask in between is: Why doesn’t Russia allow for a neutral state and immediately annexes the states, turning the Donbass regions in Russian puppet states with Russian proxy forces being active from the first day of the war in Donbass, delivering weapons to those regions to destabilize them? The vast majority of population in those areas wants peace.
If you are falling for the argument that Kyiv Nazis have killed 50k people in the process, congratulations you have made up numbers, which not even Putin states.

I find your argument of saying: Winner takes it all, neglect the casualties and the crimes which have been committed, atrocious.

Don't need to burn entrails and scry the bones to figure out what's going on in Putin's mind when he talks about it openly in every speech and interview.
Russia responded to America seizing control of its sphere of influence right up to its back yard, which would remove its last NATO buffer state, lose its black sea port, lose access to critical food and natural gas and oil and mineral resources and the manufacturing of east ukraine and set a precedent for America wresting away Russia's sphere of influence by color revolutions. It couldn't be more obvious that Russia was absolutely not going to tolerate that and was forced to respond, at a minimum by seizing control of Crimea that hosts its naval port. Seriously this is like asking why the US stationing first strike jupiter missiles in Turkey led to a standoff with the USSR, they had to respond, we made it into an existential threat.

According to Russian gov, they have a lot of existential threats and I’m astounded these threats which lead to murdering a lot of people, are usually not conerned within their own state boarders but they love to travel afar and commit crimes there. Whether it be shaking up african states, murdering people in the interest of smuggling dozens of tons gold every year. Bombing people in Syria. Do you really believe that this all falls under the legitimacy of saying that russia needs to this because they have a vital interest in those areas and if they don’t do it, they are going to collapse?

To be fair Putin is afraid of free speech, he does not tolerate it.

Your argument of having existential threats in foreign countries by Russia is flawed. Russia has enough to sustain itself and much more than that. Putin is using a major part of the financial household to produce military shells and wage war in other countries. Now this is only possible because the Russian population is subdued and no free speech exists or has been eliminated by putting people in Jail for several years who just hold up a white T-shirt, because they’re only expressing that they do not agree with the war in Ukraine. Similarly women of fallen soldiers are rallying against the war, but they’re mostly from remote regions in Russia which is a strategy applied by their government to not let unrest take over larger populated areas.

Bottom Line: You seem to be fine with a much bigger and mightier country invading another country, committing as many war crimes as they want. Taking as much land as they want. This statement speaks for itself.

When it comes to the Sevastapol Naval Base it has been Ukranian territory since the dissolutions of the Soviet Union. But there has been treaties, such as the 2010 Kharkiv Pact allowing Russia to conduct their military operations up until the year 2042.

The Ukrainian people had a unified representative democracy, their own self-determination. Russia tolerated its independence because it aligned with Russian interests. That's the best limited sovereignty any country living in the shadow of world powers can hope for in the modern age, it applies the same to every country under the US or China's sphere of influence.

thanks for acknowledging that Russia does not accept an independent Ukraine.
I don’t have the bigger picture in geopolitics enough to judge that at present all the adjacent states to superpowers like China and the US are adherent to their will.

When it comes to Ukraine and Russia it is unprecedented in the 21st century that a country invades a neighboring country because it does not agree with its political agenda and thus starts an invasion. We’re not in medieval times anymore.

Let me repeat that in bigger, bolder letters, the Maidan disenfranchised half the country

Thank you for making it quiet clear what your statement is. I will take it and thouroughly check it. Ask Ukranians and Russians alike about it.

The people of Ukraine had a legitimately elected representative democracy.

Yanukovich was elected democratically, but made a u turn, engaged in corruption, censoring media and incarcerating politicians. This is what sparked the protests. And this was not just a few Ukranians protesting, but hundreds of thousands in Kyiv alone at that time.
At that point when he orderd to shoot over 100 protesters on Maidan he became unbearable, even for his own political party and close political allies.

Now I do acknowledge that Selensky alike is said to have connections to oligarchs. He’s not risen to power all by his own.
My baseline argument is that you cannot take a sovereign country by force just because you feel like it. Putin did not engage in diplomacy anymore but simply launched scale invasion.

the west staged a violent coup d'etat to remove him from power and install their own government

What de the west exactly do?

The first elections held after the Maidan protests was 2014 presidential election where Poroshenko won. When it comes to voting in eastern Ukraine, namely Donetsk, it was stated by the Central Election Commission of Ukraine, that illegal actions of unknown people occurred in those regions. The elections took place about a month after Russian mercenaries entered Donbass.

Please provide further evidence and sources here. I would like to know what exactly happened in this violent coup you describe.

ban the party of regions

The party of regions was banned in 2023, rather recently. There have been criminal cases against its members who fled to Ukraine in 2014.
I haven’t taken a closer look into these juridical processies, so I cannot comment on these.

After Maidan happened 36 out of 38 deputies of party of regions voted to oust Yanukovych.

lock up dissidents and journalists and priests.

Please provide sources

We'll throw that into the magical land of hypotheticals of what could have happened if America and Europe had actually let a movement for a pro-western Ukraine reach critical mass so Russia would feel necessary to intervene first to suppress it
Instead of overthrowing a democracy when it votes for the pro-Russian guy.

I don’t call your theory hypothetical, neither do I want to change your mind. But clearly Europe does not troops on the ground in Ukraine, it is Russia.

Now I still want you to provide sources and evidence that Maidan protests were a violent coup organized by the west and not the people of Ukraine.

I can’t stress often enough that Yanukovich, while generally being a pro Russian politician (in fact he spoke no Ukranian as he rose to power as prime minister in 2002) was trying to open to west as well, which he later reverted, making this a major part of the reason why protests erupted.

„It appeared that Yanukovych was attempting to pivot toward the West in April 2013, when he ordered the release of Lutsenko in advance of the signing of an association agreement with the European Union.„
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Viktor-Yanukovych

I also would like to remind you that Russia used violence when Yushchenko was poisened to the presidential elections in 2004.

Joseph Cofer Black started as a CIA agent, became a CIA director, and then became Vice Chairman of Blackwater, and then was installed on the board of directors of Burisma after the CIA seized control of Ukraine and Zlochevsky was groveling to his new masters and paying bribes to the Biden family.
Yes, they weren't being subtle about it, they just straight up replaced the Russian-aligned oligarchy with a CIA-aligned oligarchy and plundered the country just the same.

I will check this out at a later point in time because I don’t want to give an uninformed statement here. Thanks for providing names.

Looked liked about 36 Ukrainians crammed into that vehicle trying to escape the conscription agents who stopped them and forcibly enslaved into their army.
I'm sure they'd love to tell us about the choices they had and how represented they feel by their new sovereign democratic ukraine.

I think neither of us is entitled to speak for Ukranians.

Last year, according to sources, the support to continue the war amongst Ukranians was shrinking to to 60%
„While most Ukrainians support fighting until the war is won, that majority is shrinking. Last year it was 70%, and this year it is 60%.„

https://www.voanews.com/a/new-poll-reveals-how-ukrainians-feel-about-war-future/7303180.html

"Belonging"? When did the DPR/LPR/Crimea ever "belong" to the post-Maidan regime?

Donbass and their regions was and ist part of Ukraine. Russia is invading it with military force.

Trying to come up with tortured legal arguments for why your revolutionary junta that overthrew a democracy is legitimate, doesn't give it control over the regions it cannot hold.

First of all it’s not my junta.
Any referendum in Crimea and the Donbass regions has been staged after Russian mercenaries invaded those regions. Ukrainian national symbols have been removed, Russian propaganda radio and television is aired while no Ukranian media is allowed.
They are censoring internet services in these regions, just like they do in mainland Russia.

I don't know how many times I can say this same thing before it starts drilling its way in, winning is winning. Russia is winning the war.

Fair enough it’s your opinion. And this will lay ground for any invasion to be legitimate as long as the invaders are on the winning side, no matter if the invasion is justified or not.

Western Ukraine never won the territories it lays claim to, it never held them for a single day since the revolution.

These Ukranians territories you are talking about are occupied by Russia who invaded, displacing and killing the Ukranian population.

Quote (Djunior @ Mar 9 2024 09:30am)
Wall of text. You should stop adding more text it doesn't help you in the slightest and doesn't make me walk away. And stop twisting my words it's very clear what I said and it's not indirectly. I'm actually being very direct if you didn't notice.

I don’t want you to walk away. I want you to stay and make meaningful arguments. You posted 4 sources, claiming that that would be enough of a reason Russia to invade Ukraine. I say that’s wrong.

I don’t have issues writing text, you don’t have to read it if you don’t want to. But engaging in a meaningful discussion requires a certain of input from my point of view. I think we have made our points clear and I do respect your position although I do not share it.

You are simply not interested in facts, you're emotionally involved because you know people from Ukraine which doesn't mean anything because we are talking about geo-politics. The powers involved here are a Western block that wants Ukraine absorbed into NATO and a giant in the East that wants to prevent that. Surprise: that has nothing to do with me or what I say. What do you not understand??

I told you that I know both Russians and Ukranians and neither are agreeing with the war in Ukraine nor would they with any of the visions you have been trying lay out here.

It’s pretty important to know people of a country to understand them. Their history and background are also very crucial. Granted is necessary to interweave that with geopolitcs.
In Ukraine we are not talking about geopolitics anymore. We are talking about an unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country.

The sources I posted are 100% clear and exactly what I claimed namely high ranking Western officials speaking at Maidan Square.

Yes they are clear and there is no indication of any sort of violent takeover of a country which is presently happening in Ukraine by Russia.

Now go to Russia and tell them that means nothing at all, it's not a concern, the West can do what they want because Russians bad, your "standards" are higher because you have rainbow flags or whatever and find out that they actually care and they do not accept a Western putsch in Ukraine where pro-Western puppets are installed to guarantee a smooth path into NATO and EU

The Ukranian parliament, even members of his party couldn’t take Yanukovich any longer because made U-Turn from his original plans to build up a pro European relationship. That’s what stirred up protests. Not the west itself. They didn’t have to do that. The Ukranians felt betrayed by Yanukovich’s reversal.

I would have loved Ukraine to prosper as a state having both relations to their western and eastern partners, especially because Russia is so influential within the region. But Putin despises the west and he cannot tolerate any relations whatsoever. He wants to install a puppet regime which even John Mearsheimer agrees to.

I did NOT say that justifies an invasion I'm pointing out that this is how it works in geo-politics. Let me remind you the US pulls this shit all the time all over the world and I've never seen you here to condemn that. Don't call it a whataboutism or I will laugh in your face

When there is no arguments you love to point fingers at other states. I do not agree with any sort military intervention the US has committed within the late 20th or early 21st century. But I’m not aware of USA annexing a neighboring country. I’m not talking proxy wars here.

Your arguments obfuscate the fact that the Ukranian population did have the intention of a democracy which is not present in Russia in comparison. The president of Russia is afraid of any kind of democracy, especially adjacent to him, he has been eliminating any opposition in his country. The only opposition existing is appointed by him to convey an impression of a political system where elections exist. Realistically there is no other choice to be had than Putin and his regime. That’s why millions Russian fled the country in the past couple of years.
And the Russians abroad do not want to be forcefully integrated into the Russian hemisphere. Not a single Russian I know wants to go back to their country because there they are treated like shit.

And if you say that Donbass had elections to vote for independency, they are just as fake as Russian elections themselves. They were staged after Russian invasion of the regions took place.

I can go to Baltics for eyample. They have a Russian minority. It’s a democratic country. But they are afraid facing the Russian agression. If it not be for NATO, it is not unlikely that considering the agression and threats by Russia, that we would see an invasion there too.
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2024 07:39am
This is shotgun approach where you are literally looking for a gotcha moment. Ultimately the US broke the status quo and here we are.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 9 2024 07:39am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1402940304031403240334519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll