d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1400240034004400540064519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 4 2024 01:07pm
Quote (SBD @ Mar 4 2024 06:52pm)
Wouldn't this be a given considering they're waging war? Any major superpower that goes to war props their GDP up via military spending.

You can read the article I posted. Source IMF by the way not the Kremlin

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 4 2024 01:07pm
Gold: 3,691.00
Mar 4 2024 01:15pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ 4 Mar 2024 19:57)
Change absolutely nothing: Article is correct, you can find more recent articles saying the same thing if you want. Data is based on previous year results anyway.

This reminds me China which faked economic or demographic results for decades. Insane shitty regimes Jesus. GL lol

Did you even read the article you posted? It makes no arguments, except generic “IMF is wrong”. Why? How? What’s authors take? Do you realize you are talking about IMF forecasts and not “data from previous years”. You can consult IMF papers quoted by Yale’s authors yourself and judge for yourself whether their approach is flawed. It seems quite normal and reasonable to me if you look at 2024 reports.

has posted new set of data from IMF based on new methodology. You are free to use other sources if you don’t like IMF, however all of them seem to paint a similar picture. Record low unemployment, economy weathering sanctions pressure pretty well, trade ongoing, although down since pre-war level, mostly due to loss of European markets.

Here are monthly reports from “BNE Intelligence” (ex Euromoney guys based in Berlin) that compile several sources to provide a month-to-month assessments about the state of Russian economy. https://www.intellinews.com/reports/

This post was edited by Malopox on Mar 4 2024 01:16pm
Gold: 7,914.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 4 2024 01:17pm
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 4 2024 07:15pm)
Did you even read the article you posted? It makes no arguments, except generic “IMF is wrong”. Why? How? What’s authors take? Do you realize you are talking about IMF forecasts and “data from previous years”. You can consult IMF papers quoted by Yale’s authors yourself and judge for yourself whether their approach is flawed. It seems quite normal and reasonable to me if you look at 2024 reports.

^djunior has posted new set of data from IMF based on new methodology. You are free to use other sources if you don’t like IMF, however all of them seem to paint a similar picture. Record low unemployment, economy weathering sanctions pressure pretty well, trade ongoing, although down since pre-war level, mostly due to loss of European markets.

Here are monthly reports from “BNE Intelligence” (ex Euromoney guys based in Berlin) that compile several sources to provide a month-to-month assessments about the state of Russian economy. https://www.intellinews.com/reports/

he does not read the articles he posts btw, and he does not watch the video's he posts either. he admitted to this last year. i know this might confound you or you might even think that I am lying, so you can read back over the thread or just wait for his response (which should conform with what i said).
Gold: 32,512.50
Mar 4 2024 01:53pm
Massive reduction in export revenues. Massive increase in consumption and boost to domestic industries due to wartime economy.

This is not the recipe of long-term economic success. Don't believe the hype.

Can the Russian economy even afford for the war to end right now? Interesting take.
Gold: 11.11
Mar 4 2024 01:56pm
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 4 2024 01:39pm)
You are posting an article from more than a year ago.

I can beat that! 2 year anniversary on this one:

Mar 4 2024 01:58pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 4 2024 08:53pm)
Massive reduction in export revenues. Massive increase in consumption and boost to domestic industries due to wartime economy.

This is not the recipe of long-term economic success. Don't believe the hype.

Can the Russian economy even afford for the war to end right now? Interesting take.

Reposting this especially for you

Note EU countries at the bottom of the chart

Great testing ground man :thumbsup:

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 4 2024 01:58pm
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 4 2024 08:17pm)
he does not read the articles he posts btw, and he does not watch the video's he posts either. he admitted to this last year. i know this might confound you or you might even think that I am lying, so you can read back over the thread or just wait for his response (which should conform with what i said).

Your backdoor manners bitching wasn't needed at all.

Putin's leeches are all the same:

The impact of Western sanctions on the Russian economy has been tough. The outflow of people and reduced access to technology due to the sanctions have made it difficult for the Russian economy. However, the state has invested in the war economy, which has led to an improvement in the GDP growth outlook. It is important to note that there is a bigger story behind the numbers, and the situation is not very good.

Russian economy today is said to have a high level of production and low level of consumption, which is similar to the Soviet Union's economy.

RUSSIANS ARE FUCKED.
Mar 4 2024 01:59pm
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 4 2024 07:58pm)
Reposting this especially for you

Note EU countries at the bottom of the chart

Great testing ground man :thumbsup:

https://i.imgur.com/XAmgfn1.jpg

See the above post.

Unrelated point about weapons. The tactical info Russia has given NATO is boundless at this point.
Mar 4 2024 02:02pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 4 2024 08:59pm)
See the above post.

Unrelated point about weapons. The tactical info Russia has given NATO is boundless at this point.

Like NATO has given no tactical info to the Russians right?

Like Russia hasn't noticed NATO countries (the combined West actually) can't even keep up with ammo production :wacko:

Do I need to go on? This whole thing massively backfired it's crystal clear at this point
Mar 4 2024 02:15pm
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 4 2024 08:02pm)
Like NATO has given no tactical info to the Russians right?

Like Russia hasn't noticed NATO countries (the combined West actually) can't even keep up with ammo production :wacko:

Do I need to go on? This whole thing massively backfired it's crystal clear at this point

NATO are not in Ukraine for a start. Of course information on NATO code weapons is being found out against Russian pieces. But this is not really anything knew.
Bradleys and Abrams were chewing up Saddams military 3 decades ago, this isn't even a percentage of NATOs capability regardless of how much you kick and scream about artillery shells.
NATO is predominantly an air superiority based force. Russia is predominantly an artillery land based force.

If Russia didn't outproduce NATO in artillery shells, I would be very, very concerned.

When not if NATO decide to outproduce Russia, what does Russia have then? An increased willingness to throw a few hundred thousand dead in to capture the eastern quarter of the poorest country on the continent?

Its a rough look honestly.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1400240034004400540064519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll